• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

I'm loving the Cold SOJ on my WW Barb.
KuGsj.gif

Does the cold effect works on Monk's Cyclone as well ?

Skab

A couple of random late night thoughts while I level my wizard:

The act 1 and 2 music from D2 fits perfectly with D3 act 1 and 2. I think I'll just be muting the "music" in d3 and playing the d2 soundtrack instead from now on. So good.

I hope that blizzard uses revisiting the existing classes/skills in RoS as a chance to also touch up some of the skill effects. Meteor and Blizzard are so lackluster looking compared to their D2 versions.

Also, since classes are getting new skills, Frozen Orb for Wizards pls.

Insaniac

Hey guys I"ve been off of Diablo 3 for several months now, but I was wondering if there have been any changes in Diablo 3 lately, ie any new popular builds? AH house prices? Updates on upcoming patches? Last stuff I heard was about the expansion, and pending any major patches between now and then I don't see my self playing much D3

I'm stoked on transmographication .... spelling ... lol

I hate the INNA's set color pallet. It's terrible. WD's set piece is weird too. All the other pieces of armor are so colorful for the WD. The set is all black and white.

Dahbomb

Hey guys I"ve been off of Diablo 3 for several months now, but I was wondering if there have been any changes in Diablo 3 lately, ie any new popular builds? AH house prices? Updates on upcoming patches? Last stuff I heard was about the expansion, and pending any major patches between now and then I don't see my self playing much D3
It's mostly all about the console version right now which features Loot 1.5.

alife

I'm stoked on transmographication .... spelling ... lol

I hate the INNA's set color pallet. It's terrible. WD's set piece is weird too. All the other pieces of armor are so colorful for the WD. The set is all black and white.

A lot of the legendary colors/designs are terrible. Not a fan of Mempo.

Witching Hour

Found one with fire res for 25 mil. Next up was 45mil.

Anyone know how much this is worth:

utQqIb2.png

Prices on the AH are all over the place.

Get rid of the resistance and just run high INT and VIT and Pick up. I have one with %life and the same stats minus the pick up and it's about 15-20 million. The only people who care about single resistances are monks and you didn't pop dex.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Well I think it's the pickup that puts the price up, it's a very nice stat to have for WD running Bats. On the AH anything with pickup and high int and similar vit is over 100m.

This is the one I actually use, http://d3up.com/i/15478879.

Any chance this Mara is worth something?

The skill and thorns aren't great but rolling average damage is nice and the LOH is off the chart. Seriously, there are only 4 of these in the AH with more than 800 LOH and none that are above 900. If this had rolled energy twister as the skill it would have been awesome for CM wizards.

Yea I thought about it a little more and it just wouldn't fit anywhere. It's really another itemization issue where they put 80-90 of all primary stats on the ammy thereby wasting the item budget with at least 2 stats that no class would want. Still, it would have been nice to check it out on the wizard if it had rolled the correct skill. My CM wizard has 910 LOH total so getting more than that in just one slot would have been interesting. Threw it up on the AH for 500k and if it doesn't sell I'll just shard it or drop it onto a follower.

That ammy made more sense when everyone was struggling to get past act II inferno pre patch 1.0.3. Great EHP and sustain.

It might be worth something on the HC server too ...

Maybe an poison monk. They would have to search for CD and IAS though. Probably not as common of a search as cc and cd.

Still, that's not a bad find. Perfect cd and near perfect IAS with high dex roll

alife

Conan O'Brien on Diablo 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALXI-0y1EQU&feature=share&list=UUi7GJNg51C3jgmYTUwqoUXA

Blue Post on transmogrification:
"We know inventory space is precious, so you won't be required to keep the "visual" item in order to use it's appearance. Instead, you'll unlock the item's appearance across all Normal (or Hardcore) characters on the account once you've picked it up. Any item appearance that's been unlocked will be stored in the transmogrification UI."

Whoot.

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9882389209

Shifty76

Bought a new mainhand for the nirvana setup on my monk.

Now that my gear is starting to be more optimised for the build the damage it puts out is ridiculous. D3up tells me my bells are doing 12 million dps with blinding flash and overawe active.

Currently running with zero life steal (just 59-odd LpSS on helm for sustain) and it's working pretty well. RD packs can be fun though :)

Anyway, here's a video of a quick Warrior's Rest run on MP10 with no LS if anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhrQB4njUD8&feature=youtu.be

Oh, and d3up profile link

I'm gonna have to try that build out now :/ lol

One paragon comes and LS can be native and reduced cooldowns, that build looks king.

I always loved the bell. I think I'll miss EP though :(

Dahbomb

I wonder if like reduced cooldowns you can have life steal affixes on amulets. That would definitely allow more types of weapons to be viable.

Shifty76

I'm gonna have to try that build out now :/ lol

One paragon comes and LS can be native and reduced cooldowns, that build looks king.

I always loved the bell. I think I'll miss EP though :(

Oh man. I just borrowed a 7% WoL crit chance, 28% elite dmg SoJ from a buddy. Things are getting crazy...MP10 elites now feel like MP8!

Dahbomb

Just sink some paragon points into it.

I'm wondering how many skills are gonna get retooled for reduced cool downs.
I was looking at the Monk skills and there aren't that many skills that would require much changing around.

Big one is Serenity. If the cooldown reduction is a lot this could be OP.

Same for Blinding Flash, you could stun crowds and be at 30% damage for a good portion of a fight... could be very powerful.

Breath of Heaven cooldown reduction would make a few of its other runes useful like Infused with Light (increase Spirit Regeneration whenever you cast BoH) and Circle of Scorn (that does 80% weapon damage around you though I am thinking this rune is going to get buffed regardless).

7 Sided Strike is an interesting one but the cooldown on it is too large. You would need a massive reduction in cooldown to make this really good. If it gets to under 10 second cooldown then it would be really powerful especially when paired with Serenity and Blinding Flash... you would always be invincible.

All other skills have no cooldown already or are not that good to begin with like Inner Sanctuary.

Looking at Demon Hunters the following skills would be impacted:

Preparation: It has a huge cooldown but the benefits it provides are really good. It could become much more useful with reduced cooldown (right now its at 45 seconds).

Fan of Knives: Could be a lot better with cooldown reduction. IMO it shouldn't even have cooldown to begin with.

Rain of Vengeance: Cooldown is already huge on it at 30 seconds and honestly aside from the one rune that knocks back enemies it's not that great of a skill to have. If you can reduce the cooldown to 15 seconds then you can use the Anathema skill to basically be active all the time as the duration on it is 15 seconds. Same for Dark Cloud, it has a long duration as well.

Shifty76

I was looking at the Monk skills and there aren't that many skills that would require much changing around.

Big one is Serenity. If the cooldown reduction is a lot this could be OP.

Same for Blinding Flash, you could stun crowds and be at 30% damage for a good portion of a fight... could be very powerful.

Breath of Heaven cooldown reduction would make a few of its other runes useful like Infused with Light (increase Spirit Regeneration whenever you cast BoH) and Circle of Scorn (that does 80% weapon damage around you though I am thinking this rune is going to get buffed regardless).

7 Sided Strike is an interesting one but the cooldown on it is too large. You would need a massive reduction in cooldown to make this really good. If it gets to under 10 second cooldown then it would be really powerful especially when paired with Serenity and Blinding Flash... you would always be invincible.

All other skills have no cooldown already or are not that good to begin with like Inner Sanctuary.

Reduced cooldown on BoH is going to be absolutely ridiculous for nirvana builds. Why do you think I'm spending all this time on that spec right now ;)

Depending how much you can reduce cooldown by, combining it with Ytar to reduce it further, you could well end up in a situation similar to what you have now with empowered shrines, which is basically infinite spirit for infinite bells.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

That's a bit of an understatement. This is a massive data mining. Looks like they're pretty close to release.

I made an imgur album of all the pages for those who can't get there, but it's getting updated all the time and probably outdated already.

Boss spoilers in the last image. Actually the whole thing is a big spoiler anyway, so there you go.
http://imgur.com/a/qQLSZ
SPOILERS!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Some of the stuff in that datamine seems pretty promising. Ladders, clans, lots of cool looking legendary effects. I don't want to get too hyped, I don't know if I can survive another diablo-related heartbreak.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
My prediction: May 15 release date. 2014. Time to build everything up, time to enjoy Loot 2.0 that shall come around jan-feb, bam.

Yep. This is Blizzard. It doesn't matter how close it appears they are to release, they aren't. They will take their time, and the absolute soonest we will see Reaper of Souls is for the two year anniversary of Diablo III's release, May 15th. Blizzard has adopted a pretty regular two year schedule for all of their expansion packs. They've held it almost exactly for WoW, Starcraft, and we'll see the same behavior here with D3.

Hopefully we see Loot 2.0 much, much sooner. Like within a few months from now sooner.

Fularu

Banned
My prediction: May 15 release date. 2014. Time to build everything up, time to enjoy Loot 2.0 that shall come around jan-feb, bam.
I don't think the xpac will release that late.

Jan for the pre expansion patch, then 2 months later tops the xpac drops.

They won't let the game go almost a year with 0 patches.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hopefully we see Loot 2.0 much, much sooner. Like within a few months from now sooner.

Loot 2.0 in 2013 is about as likely as Starcraft: Ghost releasing in 2013.

Fularu

Banned
what? No way the xpac comes before May 2014
Highly doubtfull

Don't base the release date on the WoW pattern, it doesn't work that way.

Blizzard is set to release two xpacs next year, march for RoS and may for WoW. No way both release in may and no way the WoW xpac comes out in september

Dahbomb

Just read the leaked expansion stuff.

Seems like we are getting Clans/Guilds, Ladder seasons (Yay!), Gheeds Machine.

There's no Lifesteal Paragon bonus though unfortunately but there are bonuses you can add to your resource max or resource regeneration.

There also seem to be way more side quests now across all acts.

The Mystic seems to have Scrolls, I wonder what they do. Also the Mystic can Reforge although I don't know what that does. Maybe adds Socket?

Celegus

Just read the leaked expansion stuff.

Seems like we are getting Clans/Guilds, Ladder seasons (Yay!), Gheeds Machine.

There's no Lifesteal Paragon bonus though unfortunately but there are bonuses you can add to your resource max or resource regeneration.

There also seem to be way more side quests now across all acts.

The Mystic seems to have Scrolls, I wonder what they do. Also the Mystic can Reforge although I don't know what that does. Maybe adds Socket?

Everything sounds so good... could this be as legendary as the LoD expansion?

mercviper

So I've been playing nirvana spec pretty much exclusively since my last post. I love it and it's letting me put MP8-9 on farm where previously I was having lots of trouble past MP7. I can do MP10, but my damage isn't high enough to clear it quickly.

Spec here: http://d3up.com/b/1046114

I think the only problem I have with nirvana is how buggy the setup is. The spec requires you to tag 2 monsters with WotHF-FoF to work at all, which is counter-intuitive to the skill descriptions of the FoF rune combined with BoH's Infused with Light. In addition to that, not only do you have to tag 2 monsters, you can't just use one attack to AoE a grouped up pack, it requires 2 attacks minimum. You also can't just hold down WotHF to tag a group twice in quick succession, it's required to click a second time for the second tag. Doesn't matter who you target for the second click, it could even be someone in the initial group you tagged with the first click. I think waiting a full 3-hit cycle will also trigger nirvana working properly, but I can't be sure and forgot to test it. Also, that's a long time to wait if you need it immediately.

Just to clarify, I actually like that it has a complicated setup because it keeps my brain active while playing. It just feels like I'm exploiting a bug more than actually doing something that's working as intended because of how finicky the setup is.

Fender, I also tried the backlash EP build for a bit, but from my brief stint I feel that that one is lacking when facing champ packs. That might be due to my lack of experience playing the build though. It does do amazing when farming giant packs of trash.

Anoregon

Everything sounds so good... could this be as legendary as the LoD expansion?

Stuff is definitely promising, but I wouldn't go that far. LoD added multiple new types of items and totally overhauled the idea of sockets/gems via the introduction of runes. All of RoS item changes so far are essentially ways to alter the items you were already finding, no entirely new additions other than a single gem type (diamond.)

Dahbomb

That Legendary/Ring that allows you to have all Runes for a single skill active at once has to be the most broken shit I have ever seen.

Fucking awesome!

Celegus

That Legendary/Ring that allows you to have all Runes for a single skill active at once has to be the most broken shit I have ever seen.

Fucking awesome!

Hahaha that sounds amazing! Blizz took themselves far too seriously with D3, not just with the story but with the "realistic" item mods and such. They really just need to go crazy and have fun with it, and realize people play the game because it's fun to make monsters explode and then find new stuff to expedite the exploding.

Fender, I also tried the backlash EP build for a bit, but from my brief stint I feel that that one is lacking when facing champ packs. That might be due to my lack of experience playing the build though. It does do amazing when farming giant packs of trash.

It does lack a little on elites. I'm assuming this was a reason fir Shifty's ... Shift. Lol

Elites fall faster when you'll pull trash around them. Timing EP's too.

This is also why I said the backlash build would work amazing in tandem with the nirvana build. The bell can do damage and EP can finish everything off after a cyclone in.

Fucking awesome!

Exploding palm with every active rune sounds almost comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom