• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Although I was still shocked that they didn't do anything about MoC Overawe and Nirvana build for Monk...

pls no

Really though, I'm not too worried about Resource Generation yet. There seems to be a lot of stuff that acts on it so it'll just become an extra stat to worry about. Less fun than going infinite based off of skill synergy alone (though time will tell if there's still stuff for this) but eh, it's a little expected.

Which, incidentally, probably means FoF/Infused won't retain the same functionality if I had to guess.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I already know what I am going to use on my barb for expension
main hand mighty weapon, off hand with a weapon that boosts my attack speed by a significant amount, ie: echoing fury or The Ancient Bonesaber of Zumakalis whichever i can find.
ring that gives me all runes on skills

frenzy all runes, rend all runes, hammer all runes and some other skill

0mkJxrx.jpg

Dahbomb

I seriously doubt that Legendary that gives all Runes for a skill allows you to have all runes active at once. It probably unlocks all runes before lvl60. Judging by the nerfs they dished out, they don't want anything too OP in the expansion and that Legendary affix would be game breaking.

That makes more sense. Though I still disagree. Why allow all legendary items to drop at all levels if their affixes become useless. It would also follow the efforts they seem to be making with regards to build specific items and not all stat focused items. Maybe they have the ring only affect one skill. Who knows.

At least I hope it's not the way he's describing it.

Man that sucks gloom is the only thing that keeps dh alive at high mps. I mean I'm rocking 55k-70k life with 900 all resist n I still have heavy spiky damage occasionally that near kills me even with gloom on now. A solid bola bitter pill explosion will gimme 15k health recharge plus hatred n discipline n I just stand n tank like that n perma gloom.

It's one of the only builds besides grenades that seemed fair when you compare dh to other classes.

N I just hit 300 k dps while having ~60k life n 900 resist.

Skab

Quote your massive pictures!

Also, come back to us when you do it in a higher level MP.

Base inferno is easy as fuck.

I seriously doubt that Legendary that gives all Runes for a skill allows you to have all runes active at once. It probably unlocks all runes before lvl60. Judging by the nerfs they dished out, they don't want anything too OP in the expansion and that Legendary affix would be game breaking.

I was under the assumption that it would only work on certain skills, as some just wouldn't make sense.

Oops.

Also ... Go fuck yourself. I've been talking about my hardcore experience since I've started. I'm rather happy its done before the expansion.

ZenaxPure

Maybe they have the ring only affect one skill. Who knows.

The way I see it is best case scenario is the stat can effect any skill with runes that share similar animations (aka wouldn't break the game) and it can roll any of those. Maybe-ok case scenario is they hand pick skills per each class that it can effect by fixing the animations (mostly because it would be hilarious if the wd could rain giant flaming toads that ate people from the sky). Worst(?) case scenario is that they pick 2 or 3 skills per class that wouldn't be broken (animation-wise) to allow it.

Also grats on hc, I hope to join the hall of victory soon too.

Man that sucks gloom is the only thing that keeps dh alive at high mps. I mean I'm rocking 55k-70k life with 900 all resist n I still have heavy spiky damage occasionally that near kills me even with gloom on now.

I was gonna post it earlier but I fell asleep, in regards to scy, I hope them making heavy changes to health related stuff means they are rethinking the defensive side of the game. I think it feels really out of place that the offensive side of the game lives up to the "action" part of ARPG, but, the defensive side of the game is almost entirely stat driven. Hit the enemy harder than you get hit to survive, that's mostly it. I don't know how the dodge ability worked out in the console version but at the least I wish we had a dedicated roll button to get out of the way of stuff on the ground or enemies with slow/hard hitting attack animations.

Either way, there isn't anything fun currently about the defensive part of the game so I will be happy to see it changed somehow.

I guess if its like dabomb thinks, it's basically a ring to level alts. Which isn't terrible either. Obviously I would rather it apply all runes at once but maybe it's not meant to be.

Edit: thanks btw.

neoism

welp if that is what they are doing to barbs then fuck this game think I really should just try to forget about it until the second exp all this amazing shit coming after I put 600 hours in the base game and seriously over a year if the exp comes out in may of next year.... without any patches All ive learned from buying my first blizzard game is the real release date is 2 years later -_-

Skab

welp if that is what they are doing to barbs then fuck this game think I really should just try to forget about it until the second exp all this amazing shit coming after I put 600 hours in the base game and seriously over a year if the exp comes out in may of next year.... without any patches All ive learned from buying my first blizzard game is the real release date is 2 years later -_-

Why don't you wait and see how it all actually plays out before never playing again. There is a lot more than just skill changes to take into account, as was pointed out earlier.

Oops.

Also ... Go fuck yourself. I've been talking about my hardcore experience since I've started. I'm rather happy its done before the expansion.

I was just poking fun, no ill will intended sir. You're further than I have ever made in HC.

Dahbomb

God damn at that salt.

I can't imagine what it's like at the Blizzard forums. Probably death threats being sent to Blizzard HQ by angry Barb fans.

Cipherr

They have been saying for a while now that infinite Archon and WW barbs were going to get nerfed. They said it very clearly. Those specs are LUCKY that they got a reprieve until the expansion IMO. Every other class that ate nerfs got them in (sometimes) unannounced instant hot fix patches. I don't feel for the Barbs at all, I do however feel for the people still playing Demon Hunters.

Wrecked right out of the gate with nerfs, then nerfed even FURTHER in the expansion outside of a melee range grenade build that doesn't even involve you shooting arrows. Ridiculous treatment that class has gotten. Absolutely ridiculous.

ZenaxPure

They have been saying for a while now that infinite Archon and WW barbs were going to get nerfed.

There is a difference in nerfing something and completely removing it... Like I said I agree WW (and archon for that matter, but I don't play one) needed to be nerfed, but, based on the datamined stuff they aren't nerfing WW they are outright removing it. The synergy between the skills is literally being removed and turned into something else entirely.

That's not a nerf.

The play style should be allowed to live on since it's a lot of fun, they just need to put it in line with everything else.

Cipherr

There is a difference in nerfing something and completely removing it... Like I said I agree WW (and archon for that matter, but I don't play one) needed to be nerfed, but, based on the datamined stuff they aren't nerfing WW they are outright removing it. The synergy between the skills is literally being removed and turned into something else entirely.

That's not a nerf.

The play style should be allowed to live on since it's a lot of fun, they just need to put it in line with everything else.

Killing it off is putting it in line with everyone else. Noone else runs around with everlasting run speed, insane resource regeneration, extremely high damage, CC immunity paired durability (partially due to the the way their main stat works amongst other things), the ability to move through enemies (so as not to create a problem when surrounded) and a great selection of fantastic passives.

No other class can match it. The class as a whole is just way out in front of the others, and the WW specs in particular were just out of this world. The only think I can think that comes close is the Crit Wizards with tornados that can perma freeze everything, and even they ate a nerf a short time back on proc coefficients, and they will probably get even more.

Im just not seeing what you wanted them to do, the combination was far to much. They may have decided to let you still spin around, and drop tornados, but they would have lowered the damage considerably or the proc frequency of the tornados. Or maybe just removed the ability to pass through enemies and fixed the duration of WOTB. Either way though the build wasn't going to survive in any recognizable form.

scy

To be fair, the carpal tunnel from CMWW is a fairly limiting factor.

Archon I just hold down my mouse and wiggle.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

He just did hardcore base inferno, give the man some respect dude.

Well done Fender.

ZenaxPure

Im just not seeing what you wanted them to do, the combination was far to much. They may have decided to let you still spin around, and drop tornados, but they would have lowered the damage considerable or the proc frequency of the tornados. Or maybe just removed the ability to pass through enemies and fixed the duration of WOTB. Either way though the build wasn't going to survive in any recognizable form.

The problem is almost none of what you're arguing against is going to change in the long run anyway. Increased move speed cap (with new paragon level system) means eventually barbs will still be able to go really fast, same thing goes for crit. Passing through mobs means nothing when everyone will be able to do it in loot 2.0 as well. The only thing going to go away is wotb (which needs to happen) and faster fury generation in aoe packs (which is going to be boring).

You gave the answer yourself so you shouldn't be confused, get rid of infinite wrath, and lower the damage a bit and there would be nothing overpowered about the build with the new systems they are adding.

VALKYRAY

Banned

That's not a nerf.

Agreed. Ww build need not be changed. It's perma wrath that should be changed

RoS tracks are sounding much better and more melodic than the original game so far. I hope Temp is the lobby music, as logging into 'And The Heavens Shall Tremble' constantly gets old fast. D3's music was far too ambient for my tastes.

I suppose that'll be all we get out of the leaks for now, though. Unless they continue to upload builds through a CDN (and move it closer to F&F alpha status rather than an intentional hype upload), it's awkward silence for two months until BlizzCon. Travis Day commented on ladders and elemental effects, so maybe we'll continue to get snippets of content via the forums or a site update about one of the various new features before.

On a side note, I just watched the old WWI 08' D3 announcement gameplay trailer. Hard to believe how different it looked then, but at the same time it still seems to me they spent so much time just building systems up and then tearing them apart and building them up again.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, so I have been playing my 60 barb off and on for awhile now. I had him as a sprintnado spec but it just doesn't seem to work for me, I honestly don't think I have the gear to make it work. Now, my barb has been using a Maximus legendary 2-hand sword that my wizard found months ago, and it just doesn't have the lifesteal needed to make whirlwind work. I think.

Anyway, I thought about selling the Maximus to buy a 2-hander with some decent lifesteal on it, and I think I've discovered that my Maximus is actually a pretty good one? It seems like it might be worth some decent gold:

Searching for one like it on the AH makes my mouth open wide in amazement. Is this sword I've been casually using a few times a month actually worth hundreds of millions of dollars??? o_O

Dahbomb

Why exactly? There is one very similar to it right now on the AH with a bid of $500,000,000 on it?
Are you sure it's the exact same as yours? It might have stuff like crit damage or life steal on it at the minimum.

That sword is not very good at all, I don't know who is putting down 500 million on a Maximus.

Why exactly? There is one very similar to it right now on the AH with a bid of $500,000,000 on it?

That one doesnt have a bid, thats obviously the opening bid amount noone has taken. That person is just dreaming. Meanwhile one near as good for 6.5 Mill opening and buyout bid noone has taken. Which might not be a terrible price, but why not just get a better Skorn at that point?

The rest of the items in that vicinity with those stats are under a 1million. Those ones are fairly priced, but still not a great weapon as you can get much better things for 2 handers...

The stats people look for in weapons are high dps, main stat (str/dex etc.), critical hit damage, lifesteal and a socket. Your sword isn't very high on the dps chart for a 2 hander and it's missing CD and LS. For reference, I just picked up a 1210dps Skorn with 300STR, 170CD, 5.9LS and a socket for 4 million (every Skorn has CD and a socket by default).

ZenaxPure

The stats people look for in weapons are high dps, main stat (str/dex etc.), critical hit damage, lifesteal and a socket. Your sword isn't very high on the dps chart for a 2 hander and it's missing CD and LS. For reference, I just picked up a 1210dps Skorn with 300STR, 170CD, 5.9LS and a socket for 4 million (every Skorn has CD and a socket by default).

Heck I just checked the US AH and you can find a Skorn with str/ls/cd/socket and dps on par with that sword for just a measly 2 million gold. To be honest I don't keep up with different builds for every class but I don't think that sword is good for anyone because I think most builds want at least Life Steal at this point and a weapon is the only way to get it for people that aren't barbarians.

Also if you want to try out WW I think I might suggest going dual wield for starters. I think a Skorn WW/rend build is better technically but the whole thing is a lot more complex and expensive. The classic DW WW still works nicely and you can grab 2 weapons fairly cheap. Mostly just suggest that because unless you know what you're doing I've found it a lot easier to die as a 2H barb compared to DW due to the whole attack speed difference.

Also if you want to try out WW I think I might suggest going dual wield for starters. I think a Skorn WW/rend build is better technically but the whole thing is a lot more complex and expensive. The classic DW WW still works nicely and you can grab 2 weapons fairly cheap. Mostly just suggest that because unless you know what you're doing I've found it a lot easier to die as a 2H barb compared to DW due to the whole attack speed difference.

I agree. The reason I picked up the Skorn was to try out the WW/Rend farming build but I'm having so much trouble with it. I see videos of people keeping perma wrath up and their fury never goes down as they sprint around an entire map and I have no idea how they do that :(

scy

Wait, I thought 2H was the cheap route for WW.

Heck I just checked the US AH and you can find a Skorn with str/ls/cd/socket and dps on par with that sword for just a measly 2 million gold. To be honest I don't keep up with different builds for every class but I don't think that sword is good for anyone because I think most builds want at least Life Steal at this point and a weapon is the only way to get it for people that aren't barbarians.

It's especially not good for WW Barbs since you're giving up free Crit Chance% which is a bit more relevant than Sword's +Damage% for the way WW/Rend works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom