• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Okey then.
Seems more like you can't accept any reason given.

That's not really true at all, I wasn't asking other people I was asking you. An argument works like this [Argument] [Reason for argument]. Your response was always [AH sucks] [No reason given]. I will happily listen to any argument you have to offer when you decide to give a full one.

Really unsure about how I feel
About this, but definitely leaning upset.

I still feel pretty neutral so far. As long as loot 2.0 doesn't suck I don't care really. I just don't want to waste time grinding to get to the fun parts of the game. Especially when they are adding so many interesting features in the expansion.

I am still more worried about the potential barb changes. Grinding mindlessly for loot to use on a class that is now boring to play would certainly be a fun killer though.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Im thinking blizzard might embrace the always online thing by making guild halls or special trade towns that will allow more than 4 players on screen.

Either of those sound like they were be more hassle than the AH.

Half my D3 time will now be,

/trade channel "WTT crappy barb weapon for monk item" instead of playing.

I'm glad loot 2.0 will come before the expansion, because if its not what it's cracked up to be. I will be passing on RoS.

Loginius

Your inability to ignore the AH and use self control is reason to take away an aspect of the game I appreciate? Fuck that noise.

So your inability to play the actual game to acquire gear is reason to force me to use the ah because you cant find pucks to play with / play the harder mp´s unless you're geared the way it is to be expected with the ah but almost impossible to be without?
Fuck that noise.

You keep telling me that the loot is not influenced by the ah since they updated it, the console version proves you wrong and loot 2.0 will probably do the same.

Do you actually think Blizzard removes the AH, a part of the game that even made them some money, without any reason?
It does not work well with the game and didn't improve it in any way.

@ZenaxPure:
There is youre reason, If youask for reasons why I dont like the AH (not RMAH which is just ptw and doesnt influence me event though I dont like it) I can give you many.

ZenaxPure

I'm glad loot 2.0 will come before the expansion, because if its not what it's cracked up to be. I will be passing on RoS.

I actually think this is a bad business decision on their part honestly, people are going to be able to test out the future of the game without ever paying another penny. I am like you, if I don't like what I see I will pass on the expansion as well, but, I want to actually see these things first hand not read some crazy posts on a forum so I am thankful we will be able to test it. If loot 2.0 and stuff was purely a part of the expansion I would buy it since I just don't trust other people's opinions.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Either of those sound like they were be more hassle than the AH.

They will be, but that's kind of the point. A functioning AH is too convenient to be a viable feature of this kind of game, because the ease of just buying good items with gold utterly undermines the actual core game design.

Dahbomb

Having AH in a Ladder centric game would've been stupid to begin with.

I am still surprised they took out AH altogether, I thought they would do AH version and non AH version. I guess it was too much hassle.

I guess next stop is an offline mode (separate from online characters/servers of course).

Ikuu

They will be, but that's kind of the point. A functioning AH is too convenient to be a viable feature of this kind of game, because the ease of just buying good items with gold utterly undermines the actual core game design.

I'd rather something be too convenient than being a complete hassle.

lordy88

HOLY FUCK NO.

It's 2013 (or 2014 by then). I'm not willing to spam a goddamn trade channel to buy/sell items.

I'm praying that they will be introducing new trade systems in Reaper of Souls, such as a public marketplace where you can look at what other people are trading.

Think about it. They were originally planning to reveal this at Blizzcon, but they thought players needed more of a heads up to the ultimate change, so they decided to go with a full 6 months notice. Part of me feels that this has been in the cards for a bit, and we'll hear more about the new trading methods come November.

Celegus

That and the economy is so out of whack between hackers and dupers and bots and glitches, it just wasn't working out anymore anyway. I applaud them for such a bold move, and think it will greatly help the game.

I wonder if they made more money on the RMAH than selling copies of the game. Wouldn't be surprised.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'd rather something be too convenient than being a complete hassle.

That's a pretty reductive way to look at it. It isn't just "convenient good, hassle bad." In this case, the level of convenience was significantly more detrimental to the game than the relative hassle of not having an AH.

Ikuu

That's a pretty reductive way to look at it. It isn't just "convenient good, hassle bad." In this case, the level of convenience was significantly more detrimental to the game than the relative hassle of not having an AH.

The problem was the terrible itemization, I'm surprised that they didn't wait to see how 2.0 changed things before removing the AH.

Shifty76

I think removing lifesteal is just reducing affix variety. Forcing melee classes to use serenity or ignore pain is going to trade one necessity for another. Play a DH and you won't find a build without gloom because people have no choice but to spec into it and that's not really fun. Forcing them to gear more defensively means they will have to give up damage and the net result is the game will go slower, which is also less fun. If you think lifesteal is a crutch and you used to 'play smart in old inferno without it' then by all means you can ignore lifesteal and continue to 'play smart'.

I also don't know why anyone thinks lifesteal will scale better than health or incoming damage. You will have higher personal dps so the absolute amount of health returned will be higher but your health pool will also be significantly higher so in the end it'll still return the same percentage of your health as it does now. And you'll need that because enemies will be hitting harder. I remember LOH used to be favored over LS earlier on because no one had the damage to make LS better. Then damage increased but health capped out at 50-60k and enemy damage was nerfed which is why LS scaled much better. They are changing the builds that allow you to exploit this so again I don't see why anyone would want less variety in the game.

A little late to the discussion, but I recently gave up LS entirely. Currently running 60 or so LpSS and 23k or so from globes as my only form of sustain. Not using Serenity either. I can still run MP10 mostly without issue - reflect dmg packs cause a problem sicne the reflected dmg is calculated before your LpSS kicks in, so it's a game of patience waiting for the aura to wear off before hammering em with bells. Makes it interesting though.

Leaked info from the x-pac seemed to indicate that many skills (including Transcendence) will grant bigger heals based off health globe bonus so I picked up boots and belt with solid globe bonuses to hopefully help a bit with that.

VALKYRAY

Banned
A little late to the discussion, but I recently gave up LS entirely. Currently running 60 or so LpSS and 23k or so from globes as my only form of sustain. Not using Serenity either. I can still run MP10 mostly without issue - reflect dmg packs cause a problem sicne the reflected dmg is calculated before your LpSS kicks in, so it's a game of patience waiting for the aura to wear off before hammering em with bells. Makes it interesting though.

Leaked info from the x-pac seemed to indicate that many skills (including Transcendence) will grant bigger heals based off health globe bonus so I picked up boots and belt with solid globe bonuses to hopefully help a bit with that.
How do you deal with siege breaker who has permanent reflect damage? You don't
That's why i laugh at all single ls glass cannon monks on diabloprogress

So your inability to play the actual game to acquire gear is reason to force me to use the ah because you cant find pucks to play with / play the harder mp´s unless you're geared the way it is to be expected with the ah but almost impossible to be without?
Fuck that noise.

You keep telling me that the loot is not influenced by the ah since they updated it, the console version proves you wrong and loot 2.0 will probably do the same.

Do you actually think Blizzard removes the AH, a part of the game that even made them some money, without any reason?
It does not work well with the game and didn't improve it in any way.

Check the amount of time I've played this game and then you can comment on my inabilities.

My point is, the time I spend I want to spend playing. Not hawking shit on a trade channel.

It does work ... It works too well actually. It did improve the game for me for reasons I've already listed as well. I'm not alone.

Well see if they come up with some trade function that woks better than blasting trade channels or turning the game into an MMO. Loot 2.0 might be the best thing since sliced bread too.

Well see. For now this seems like pandering to one part of the base who's not playing while shafting current players who enjoy the system already.

Yes I imagine lifesteal will not be much of an issue for you when you have BIS gear in every slot ;)

Dahbomb

Well see. For now this seems like pandering to one part of the base who's not playing while shafting current players who enjoy the system already.
A lot of the current players are dissatisfied with the AH system too. In the end Blizzard is going to implement the change that maximizes profit for them. If removing the AH ensures an extra thousand or so copies sold they will do it.

It seems like the console version has been more of a beta test for RoS than we all originally thought.

The problem was the terrible itemization, I'm surprised that they didn't wait to see how 2.0 changed things before removing the AH.
They probably saw the console version, saw that people are actually enjoying it and praising it so decided to remove the AH from the PC version too.

Loginius

Check the amount of time I've played this game and then you can comment on my inabilities.

My point is, the time I spend I want to spend playing. Not hawking shit on a trade channel.

It does work ... It works too well actually. It did improve the game for me for reasons I've already listed as well. I'm not alone.

Well see if they come up with some trade function that woks better than blasting trade channels or turning the game into an MMO. Loot 2.0 might be the best thing since sliced bread too.

I was not serious, you tried to be snide I did too.
The console version with loot 1.5 as well as torchlight, PoE and other arpgs have proven that you can have a loot system that makes spaming any trade channel unnecessary.

The time you spend now farming nothing but gold and finding useless legendarys (that you can buy useful gear with) and searching the ah will just turn into time you use for farming for useful gear.

Everybody wins.
(unless you just like playing the ah, in that case I dont care one tiny bit that youre fun gets cut tbh)

ZenaxPure

They probably saw the console version, saw that people are actually enjoying it and praising it so decided to remove the AH from the PC version too.

The console version hasn't been out that long, I think you're fooling yourself if you think reactions to the console version has influenced this decision at all. They've probably been discussing this behind the scenes for months. If anything it's probably more likely the reason the console version doesn't have a GAH at the minimum is because they were considering removing it from the PC version.

Shifty76

Yes I imagine lifesteal will not be much of an issue for you when you have BIS gear in every slot ;)

Not even close to BiS! Most I've spent on any one of my items is...65m which is my pants. Oh wait, mainhand weapon was 80m.

Everything else is either crafted or bought for 20-30m or less. My quadfecta ring was a lucky drop though.

My gear on FoT/SW spec was way more expensive! Stupid LS socket WKL...

I was not being snide. The argument that the AH affects the game you play (other than drop rates which are to be fixed regardless of he AH's inclusion or exclusion) is what my comment is directed at. "The AH is just too easy and therefore I can't not use it" is a bad reason for its removal IMO. I assumed you needed a dangling carrot and the AH killed that for you.

Like I said, here's to hoping that loot 2.0 is the shit and that they give us something better than chat channels to spam for trades.

Also, that hard line date for the AH removal seems to suggest to me that we're waiting another 6-8 months before the exp / loot patch. It wouldn't make sense to remove the AH after their release would it?

Dahbomb

The console version hasn't been out that long, I think you're fooling yourself if you think reactions to the console version has influenced this decision at all. They've probably been discussing this behind the scenes for months. If anything it's probably more likely the reason the console version doesn't have a GAH at the minimum is because they were considering removing it from the PC version.
Yeah I know they were considering removing it altogether but they probably waited until the console version released to announce it. My guess is that they were waiting to see if people complained about no AH... almost no one did on the console version so they went ahead and announced it. I would imagine if there was a backlash on the console version for no AH they would not make this announcement so early.

ZenaxPure

Also, that hard line date for the AH removal seems to suggest to me that we're waiting another 6-8 months before the exp / loot patch. It wouldn't make sense to remove the AH after their release would it?

Pretty much. I guess the real question is does that mean the patch will be at that same time? Seems weird to add loot 2.0 and then make the Ah a clusterfuck for a few months.

Dahbomb

90% chance that the AH removal date coincides with the Loot 2.0 patch date. Expansion will probably be released a bit later than that date.

His build allows him to play this way. Perma dropping bells costs a ton of spirit and hence brings in tons of life. Any monk build that isn't a nirvana build will require LS or some form of sustain. In general, LpSS blows inits current form.

Yeah I know they were considering removing it altogether but they probably waited until the console version released to announce it. My guess is that they were waiting to see if people complained about no AH... almost no one did on the console version so they went ahead and announced it. I would imagine if there was a backlash on the console version for no AH they would not make this announcement so early.

Why would there be backlash for a lack of AH on he console version. Seems like most people who bought the console version never wanted it.

That long as time period has demotivated me too. Gold just became worthless. No point in acquiring new gear either. Playing for the soul purpose of leveling paragon seems lame for the next six months.

Shifty76

His build allows him to play this way. Perma dropping bells costs a ton of spirit and hence brings in tons of life. Any monk build that isn't a nirvana build will require LS or some form of sustain. In general, LpSS blows inits current form.

Yeah, expansion hinted at globe bonus adding a percentage to different skills such as Transcendence, so I figure with my 23k or so globe bonus plus the added heal from Transcendence I should be healing around 35k HP per bell (105k HP per second when in nirvana!)

Add in the diamond for reduced cooldown and I'm hoping I can be close to 100% nirvana uptime, so perma-bells, thus perma-100k+ heals. Still doesn't help with RD packs since the heal kicks in after the dmg has been reflected, but I should be able to add some more resist/armour between now & then.

Yeah, expansion hinted at globe bonus adding a percentage to different skills such as Transcendence, so I figure with my 23k or so globe bonus plus the added heal from Transcendence I should be healing around 35k HP per bell (105k HP per second when in nirvana!)

Add in the diamond for reduced cooldown and I'm hoping I can be close to 100% nirvana uptime, so perma-bells, thus perma-100k+ heals. Still doesn't help with RD packs since the heal kicks in after the dmg has been reflected, but I should be able to add some more resist/armour between now & then.

Honestly, that almost sounds game breaking. LOL

I wonder if the nirvana build will be nerfed ever. Meh maybe ill work on getting my monk set up for this.

Anyone check the AH too see if the recent news has had an effect?

Yea I checked Ruby prices right when the servers came up. It was 21 million for a radiant star. A few hours later it's 28 million.

Likewise, gold dropped from $1.70 to $1.50 per 50m as soon as the server came back. Now it's at $1.6 or so.

Shifty76

Honestly, that almost sounds game breaking. LOL

I wonder if the nirvana build will be nerfed ever. Meh maybe ill work on getting my monk set up for this.

Anyone check the AH too see if the recent news has had an effect?

From what I recall, Transcendence is going from 60 LpSS to 162 LpSS, plus 1% of your health globe bonus. So for example 1% of 23k health globe bonus = 230.

230 + 162 = 392 LpSS.

Bell costs 75 spirit, so 75 x 392 = 29,400 HP heal per bell cast.

I'm sure they'll tinker with numbers a bit, but that's pretty convincing when it comes to ditching life steal!

Deadly

Yea I checked Ruby prices right when the servers came up. It was 21 million for a radiant star. A few hours later it's 28 million.

Likewise, gold dropped from $1.70 to $1.50 per 50m as soon as the server came back. Now it's at $1.6 or so.
Why's ruby the most wanted one? the xp?

From what I recall, Transcendence is going from 60 LpSS to 162 LpSS, plus 1% of your health globe bonus. So for example 1% of 23k health globe bonus = 230.

230 + 162 = 392 LpSS.

Bell costs 75 spirit, so 75 x 392 = 29,400 HP heal per bell cast.

I'm sure they'll tinker with numbers a bit, but that's pretty convincing when it comes to ditching life steal!

LpSS getting better is awesome. I think the build breaks when you create infinite spirit and bells. Well see how they balance this all.

I'm surprised people are actually selling stuff on the AH right now. Gold just became worthless. Lol come on rich (formerly) people. Where's them fire sales on gear that's about to become useless as well!!!!

IceMarker

If they remove the AH completely they better make it easy as fuck to trade with other players on at least a group scale. As much as I love to see the AH gone, my primary uses for it were to gauge the value of my items or get more for them then vendor prices would.

Cipherr

No more AH + Ladders = Heaven. I just...... I cannot wait. The only bad news really is the release date. March at the earliest sucks total ass.

Ill just use d2jsp for my high level trading.

Dahbomb

Gold being made worthless is pretty amazing. A big fuck you to the gold botters and AH flippers.

To be honest gold was being made more worthless almost every month, this news just accelerated the process dramatically.

VALKYRAY

Banned
They should make a trading market place like Pokemon gts, you offer an item for another item. Stats should be visible to both ends. When both parties agree on the trade. The trade is complete

They should make a trading market place like Pokemon gts, you offer an item for another item. Stats should be visible to both ends. When both parties agree on the trade. The trade is complete

I would be down for something like his. Like the current AH, but for trades only. Put an item up and come back later to see if anyone has placed offers for trades on it with other items. Select the offer you feel is the best and move on.

If there's no AH, why make things account bound then though?

If they make higher tier gems easier to get (via lowering cost, increasing money drops, or allowing them to drop), then no. Otherwise, I'd stock up on gems because they are a BITCH and super expensive. I've spent $10 on some extra gold just to have it since it's cheap and it can't hurt to have. I imagine it will go even cheaper as the date gets closer and folks are trying to make what little bit of extra real money they can.

If there's one automated market I wouldn't mind them keeping, it would be the gem market. Unless they revamp the gem system, the acquisition of the thousands of gems it requires to create one high level gem will be prohibitively annoying.

If it was April 1, I'd think this was another stupid Blizzard April Fools Day joke. I'm that surprised by their decision to do this, not just on a game level, but on a business level. They're forgoing a ton of potential income from the RMAH cut they get. They are making a decision that will irrevocably change the future of the game in ways they can't really predict. Not a risk I expected Blizzard to take, who have been playing it safer than Safey McSafeton's nanny for the last decade.

Dahbomb

guys im not sure but, worth playing this when ladder is coming? not sure if worth my time
serious question
If you plan to play just Ladders then no it's not worth it to play the game now.

If you plan to play non-Ladder then it's definitely worth it to play the game now because Paragon experience will carry over to non-Ladder.

Yeah I am down with this too.

Ok shifty how u playin this nirvana spec. I'm getting worked on mp8 lol.

Edit: I know I'm not playing it totally correct right now as its new and I now have no sustain, but so far I'm struggling to come close to my vac / EP / backlash build

Lol @ RD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom