• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well um, THAT JUST HAPPENED.

What I want now as a replacement though would be some sort of bazaar lobby where you could have maybe 20+ players able to pitch their wares. Requires physical presence to trade rather than the fire and forget nature of the AH.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Here's a link to the poll I made earlier:
http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/bcswkc/diablo-iii-auction-house-removed

ANPv9dC.png

(view results link if you've already taken it - don't try to take the "view" off the end to get back to take the survey, it doesn't work)

It hasn't changed much from 500 responses to now, so it probably won't change much from here, but it'll stay open for a month so people can weigh in whenever. The comments are interesting too. People will say "fuck that loser" when it comes to D3 no matter the context, lol

Shifty76

The nirvana spec is clicking better. Though I'm still not sure about hoe effective it is for me yet ... Maybe I need to play with gear more ...

Quick rundown:

1) Cast BoH
2) Hit at least two enemies with the second strike of WotHF (if your spirit instantly fills you should be good)
3) Blind
4) Overawe
5) Bells
6) Refresh Overawe if stuff is still alive.

Main key to the build is keeping spirit regen: Do NOT kill the target(s) that you tagged with WotHF. That "DoT" from WotHF is what powers your spirit regen. If those targets die your spirit regen dies, and if you're running zero LS then no spirit = no sustain = GTFO or die.

What I'll usually do after tagging my (trash mob) WotHF targets is dash to the other side of the pack and drop bells from there, where they won't hit my original target. Once the big pack is dead you're free to dash back and kill off your first targets. Chargers, plague nests and trees make good WotHF targets too due to their large HP pool.

Vs elites/champs it's a different setup as you can WotHF on them, but then unload all your bells on them too since they have a ton of HP and aren't likely to die too fast (unless running a lower MP of course)

Note that you do need at least two targets for unlimited spirit regen - one won't do it, so if you're down to one elite left tryto kite it to other enemies.

Dropping goblins in 2-3 seconds on MP10 never gets old :)

*EDIT*

Just recorded a vid of a FoM run on MP8. Originally did MP10 but after two extra health RD packs in a row said "hell with that" and dropped down to MP8. Encoding tonight so will link when it's done

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I STILL CAN'T COMPREHEND WHAT'S GOING ON

VALKYRAY

Banned
they still need to readjust the gold cost on gems and craftings. 20 mil gold to craft and 5 mil to remove a marquise is fucking retarded without auction house.
Not to mention a marquise requires 3 radian star, it takes 700+ flawless square gems to make 1 radian star gem.

Shifty76

they still need to readjust the gold cost on gems and craftings. 20 mil gold to craft and 5 mil to remove a marquise is fucking retarded without auction house.
Not to mention a marquise requires 3 radian star, it takes 700+ flawless square gems to make 1 radian star gem.

No kidding. Reduce the gem upgrade cost to two of the lower tier gems, at least.

Fularu

Banned
I'm expecting higher tiered gems to start droping, also cost reduction (mats/price) and the marquise no longer account bound.

Account bound gear will stay though as otherwise it would be sold on black market sites, which Blizzard intends to more or less kill (not the j2dsp kind, the botters/hackers kind).

I'm expecting higher tiered gems to start droping, also cost reduction (mats/price) and the marquise no longer account bound.

Account bound gear will stay though as otherwise it would be sold on black market sites, which Blizzard intends to more or less kill (not the j2dsp kind, the botters/hackers kind).
They'll probably just do what they did with the console version, lower the mats and gold required to make the gems and thats it.

Sothpaw

Yikes, looks like this game bombed bad on consoles. Not too surprising I suppose. And I can't say that I am unhappy about that either. Focus on your core audience and such.

Horadric.ru unearthed more new images from the build, including several new legendary item icons. Here's the Google Translated version of the page for an attempt at some readability:

http://translate.google.com/transla...raficheskiy-datamayn-d3-ros&biw=1481&bih=1103

Also, since PvP talk has been in the air lately since the advent of the datamined achievement icons, a reminder that one of the datamined level areas was PvP_Caout_Arena - Pit of the Condemned. There's also been several arena maps in the game for months now.

I'm surprised anything on consoles is selling really well honestly. So late in the cycle.

The first diablo game I played was on ps1 though. I actually would have probably preferred a console version for 3 had I not played on the PC for a year already. I would have double dipped if accounts were able to play across platforms as well.

Quick rundown:

1) Cast BoH
2) Hit at least two enemies with the second strike of WotHF (if your spirit instantly fills you should be good)
3) Blind
4) Overawe
5) Bells
6) Refresh Overawe if stuff is still alive.

Main key to the build is keeping spirit regen: Do NOT kill the target(s) that you tagged with WotHF. That "DoT" from WotHF is what powers your spirit regen. If those targets die your spirit regen dies, and if you're running zero LS then no spirit = no sustain = GTFO or die.

What I'll usually do after tagging my (trash mob) WotHF targets is dash to the other side of the pack and drop bells from there, where they won't hit my original target. Once the big pack is dead you're free to dash back and kill off your first targets. Chargers, plague nests and trees make good WotHF targets too due to their large HP pool.

Vs elites/champs it's a different setup as you can WotHF on them, but then unload all your bells on them too since they have a ton of HP and aren't likely to die too fast (unless running a lower MP of course)

Note that you do need at least two targets for unlimited spirit regen - one won't do it, so if you're down to one elite left tryto kite it to other enemies.

Dropping goblins in 2-3 seconds on MP10 never gets old :)

*EDIT*

Just recorded a vid of a FoM run on MP8. Originally did MP10 but after two extra health RD packs in a row said "hell with that" and dropped down to MP8. Encoding tonight so will link when it's done

I'm just getting used to it. The whole tagging enemies and then not killing them thing was tossing me for a loop real fast. I actually stepped up to MP10 fairly well. Though I still think I was playing more efficiently with my vac set up as far as damage output. Even on elites. Again this is probably due to gear as well as my newb status playing the build.

Shifty76

I'm just getting used to it. The whole tagging enemies and then not killing them thing was tossing me for a loop real fast. I actually stepped up to MP10 fairly well. Though I still think I was playing more efficiently with my vac set up as far as damage output. Even on elites. Again this is probably due to gear as well as my newb status playing the build.

The deciding factor for me when it came to switching builds was a combination of two things:

1) Reduced cooldowns in the x-pac, making nirvana WAY more powerful.

2) Damage output. My cookie cutter FoT/SW monk was dealing around 2.5m actual dps at 203k unbuffed sheet dps. With nirvana I'm more than double that (236k unbuffed sheet dps). Nirvana spec actually turned out to be way cheaper too, due to not needing LS on both weapons, plus the only rolls you need to worry about on EF offhand are APS, CD and socket. Offhand dps is completely irrelevant for anything other than character sheet dps e-peen, so you can save a ton of cash by just grabbing a low dps one (think I paid 15m for mine and it's fairly close to max rolls)

Yeah I bought a cheap EF with soc and CD last night and a mace with soc and CD and put the most expensive ruby in I could. I also had to get a new inna's helm with LpSS.

I could sell one of my LS swords (my WD is using the other ) and sell my old helm for good money and upgrade my mace and helm, but I'm worried I won't be able to play a vac monk if need be..

Edit: I found that running EP instead of BF helped with trash. It was also fun dropping an EP and then spamming bells for big damage. But ice seen a ton of variation to the nirvana build. A ton actually.

Shifty76

Yeah I bought a cheap EF with soc and CD last night and a mace with soc and CD and put the most expensive ruby in I could. I also had to get a new inna's helm with LpSS.

I could sell one of my LS swords (my WD is using the other ) and sell my old helm for good money and upgrade my mace and helm, but I'm worried I won't be able to play a vac monk if need be..

You'll ideally want a faster weapon than mace as your mainhand. Yes it hits harder, but in the 5 secs that Nirvana is up you want to drop as many bells as possible, so attack speed is really important.

Fitz discusses weapons in more depth in his most excellent Nirvana Guide

Shifty76

Fast high DPS weapon wasn't in the budget last night lol

Just use one of your old swords then :)

Oh, handy tip if you do end up shopping for a new mainhand: Get one with 45+% Weapon dmg as that extra dmg you get from the ruby gets modified by that weapon dmg % value (higher is better!)

With my 47% dmg mainhand I'm at 237k dps. If I drop that down to 40% dmg I lose 1.5k dps

Opiate

I'm fine, but I probably won't be coming back much. I'll wait until the in-game AHs are taken down and then sell my items afterwards -- unless the expansion comes first, in which case I'll need to eat the 15% fee.

Fularu

Banned
I'm fine, but I probably won't be coming back much. I'll wait until the in-game AHs are taken down and then sell my items afterwards -- unless the expansion comes first, in which case I'll need to eat the 15% fee.
The lack of an AH is such a deal breaker for you? I thought you did most of your trading through forums for high value items anyway?

I mean RoS sounds prety good so far, why quit?

neoism

I STILL CAN'T COMPREHEND WHAT'S GOING ON

Do you hate the console version yet Yoshi :p :p
also sadly the exp will probably come in April or May... I think Blizz does not want any L 2.0 items on the AH at all....But if that patch doesn't come til March damn really no point to play at all til then

Opiate

The lack of an AH is such a deal breaker for you? I thought you did most of your trading through forums for high value items anyway?

I mean RoS sounds prety good so far, why quit?

I do use D2JSP quite a bit, and D2JSP will flourish again with these changes (it used to have millions of active users per month). I'm not quitting; I'll just play considerably less, as noted.

Fularu

Banned
I do use D2JSP quite a bit, and D2JSP will flourish again with these changes (it used to have millions of active users per month). I'm not quitting; I'll just play considerably less, as noted.
The items selling got me off guard :p

We need to make a HC ladder char when RoS releases!

V_Arnold

One thing is for sure: I hope that Diablo-GAF gets reinvigorated with the expansion and with ladder. I Will be laddering, but not on HC. Not crazy about the disconnects.

Also, my pc kinda dies when there is 4 player action going on...will a HD7750 (currently on HD4850 1gb) and a fx6300 (currently on Phenom II-550, 3.0) be a solid enough upgrade? Playing on all low, 1440*900 at max.

Fularu

Banned
One thing is for sure: I hope that Diablo-GAF gets reinvigorated with the expansion and with ladder. I Will be laddering, but not on HC. Not crazy about the disconnects.

Also, my pc kinda dies when there is 4 player action going on...will a HD7750 (currently on HD4850 1gb) and a fx6300 (currently on Phenom II-550, 3.0) be a solid enough upgrade? Playing on all low, 1440*900 at max.
You're honestly better off with a 7850 since it's about 30-35$ more while beeing a lot more powerful.

You'll play in fullhd with everything maxed out at 60 FPS

Edit : the trick for HC is to never solo, also getting to Max level is easy, it's Inferno that gets trickier

I leveled a HC character to play with you :(

Per you request ;(

;(

Edit : the trick for HC is to never solo, also getting to Max level is easy, it's Inferno that gets trickier

I haven't played with anyone yet. Lol

Dahbomb

I will be playing Ladder as well. We should make a GAF Guild!

I wanted to play Hardcore Ladder but the disconnects/lag makes me wary.

turnbuckle

I'm surprised anything on consoles is selling really well honestly. So late in the cycle.

The first diablo game I played was on ps1 though. I actually would have probably preferred a console version for 3 had I not played on the PC for a year already. I would have double dipped if accounts were able to play across platforms as well.

Yeah, if they add controller support to the PC version I'll definitely be playing that again. Raticus, set up a poll or petition or something to get that in there! :p

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I will be playing Ladder as well. We should make a GAF Guild!

For sure.

It looks like they're going to be calling them clans in-game, but they're still called guilds in the variable names. There are references in there to a "clan ladder ranking", which sounds like fun.

Now we just need a name.

Yeah, if they add controller support to the PC version I'll definitely be playing that again. Raticus, set up a poll or petition or something to get that in there! :p

They've pretty much declared it to be doomed for PC, unfortunately, citing differences in the design.

ZenaxPure

I don't think it will happen, skills act differently between the 2 versions (correct? I haven't played the console version yet) so there has to be minor adjustments. I mean, I guess they could do it technically but I doubt you could play with people using m/kb.

How does stuff like acid cloud even work with a controller? That is my favorite wd skill but it seems impossible to use with a controller like you do with a mouse. For example in situations I know enemies are coming and I have full mana I will toss a cloud on the ground ahead of time for them to walk through. That seems impossible with a controller.

turnbuckle

They've pretty much declared it to be doomed for PC, unfortunately, citing differences in the design.

I know, you're probably right. Just one of those things I'd hope they would reverse like all the other things they're reversing.

Quick question , is it worth trying Diablo 3 on Console , knowing i never played it on PC ?

Probably even better as you won't have a direct comparison that highlights some of the console's shortcomings.

Opiate

I leveled a HC character to play with you :(

Per you request ;(

;(

Well I'm a selfish jerk who has much less time than anticipated! I also didn't anticipate them removing the entire AH!

I'm sorry if I've seemed to leave you stranded, Fender. It was not intentional. When I do play, I very much hope to play with you.

Well I'm a selfish jerk who has much less time than anticipated! I also didn't anticipate them removing the entire AH!

I'm sorry if I've seemed to leave you stranded, Fender. It was not intentional. When I do play, I very much hope to play with you.

I ain't mad. I was hoping the over abundance of frownie faces was the giveaway. LOL

Just giving you a hard time man.

Seriously though .... ;( lol

Sothpaw

A complete rework (gimp) would be necessary. The controller requires auto aim and unnecessarily slow menus. So this will not happen. And based on what I am hearing about how the game sold on consoles, it is about 20 times more popular on PC.

Stripes55

Neo Member
So, it looks like the whiny little AH haters got their way. They had to go and ruin it for everyone.

You know, some of us have actual jobs. Some of us are married. And that means some of us don't have 12-16 hours a day to sit in front of the computer to grind for gear. The AH was a great way for those of us who could only play for an hour or two to have a shot at getting decent gear. There is NO WAY I could have even beaten Inferno with the one character who has made it that far without the AH. My computer's RNG hates me, as far as items. So I'd save up my gold, sell what little I could, and eventually I got good Barb equipment. Not GREAT equipment, but enough to beat the game. As it is, I can still only do up to MP5 without dying frequently.

And while Loot 2.0 sounds interesting, I harbor no illusions that it will fix the problem completely. Those of us with limited time to play will get screwed.

But yeah, instead of just shutting up and playing without the AH, now no one will have that option...

Dreavus

Rolled a few new characters for the first time since release, since I only ever stuck with my Wizard. Stomping MP 10 normal with a friend has been pretty hilarious (using dozens of flawless square gems of course).

Part of me feels we should sit on it until the expansion, but that's not going to be for quite some time...

Sothpaw

So, it looks like the whiny little AH haters got their way. They had to go and ruin it for everyone.

You know, some of us have actual jobs. Some of us are married. And that means some of us don't have 12-16 hours a day to sit in front of the computer to grind for gear. The AH was a great way for those of us who could only play for an hour or two to have a shot at getting decent gear. There is NO WAY I could have even beaten Inferno with the one character who has made it that far without the AH. My computer's RNG hates me, as far as items. So I'd save up my gold, sell what little I could, and eventually I got good Barb equipment. Not GREAT equipment, but enough to beat the game. As it is, I can still only do up to MP5 without dying frequently.

And while Loot 2.0 sounds interesting, I harbor no illusions that it will fix the problem completely. Those of us with limited time to play will get screwed.

But yeah, instead of just shutting up and playing without the AH, now no one will have that option...

I'm pretty sure with loot 2.0 (smart drops) and MP0 you should have no problem beating the expansion on inferno whatsoever. Even now I can't imagine anyone having too much trouble beating MP0 inferno with self found gear. Basically, there will be NO WAY that you CAN'T beat inferno with loot 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom