• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Out of habit, I just bought a Skorn for my alt WD on the cheap.

It's a bit weird to realize that I won't need to worry about gearing multiple characters any more once shared paragon hits.

I'll keep some mid-tier gear on everyone but I bet a lot of people are selling off alt stuff in favour of playing their current P100 main again.

Skab

It's a bit weird to realize that I won't need to worry about gearing multiple characters any more once shared paragon hits.

I'll keep some mid-tier gear on everyone but I bet a lot of people are selling off alt stuff in favour of playing their current P100 main again.

I would imagine most people will be switching to ladder, which means there isn't much reason to play right now.

Dahbomb

So, it looks like the whiny little AH haters got their way. They had to go and ruin it for everyone.

You know, some of us have actual jobs. Some of us are married. And that means some of us don't have 12-16 hours a day to sit in front of the computer to grind for gear. The AH was a great way for those of us who could only play for an hour or two to have a shot at getting decent gear. There is NO WAY I could have even beaten Inferno with the one character who has made it that far without the AH. My computer's RNG hates me, as far as items. So I'd save up my gold, sell what little I could, and eventually I got good Barb equipment. Not GREAT equipment, but enough to beat the game. As it is, I can still only do up to MP5 without dying frequently.

And while Loot 2.0 sounds interesting, I harbor no illusions that it will fix the problem completely. Those of us with limited time to play will get screwed.

But yeah, instead of just shutting up and playing without the AH, now no one will have that option...
You can beat the game on Inferno now without grinding or using the AH. Especially when Loot 2.0 comes it will be even easier.

And you are not the only with a job and family around here.

I would imagine most people will be switching to ladder, which means there isn't much reason to play right now.

I do not plan on taking my original monk on a ladder. I probably will do a ladder but not with my main and the amount of paragon I've accumulated. If I do a ladder it will be my alt WD or another alt I get to 60 before the EXP.

Anyone else with a p100 character planning on ditching all of that?

Raticus79

I do not plan on taking my original monk on a ladder. I probably will do a ladder but not with my main and the amount of paragon I've accumulated. If I do a ladder it will be my alt WD or another alt I get to 60 before the EXP.

I think it's likely that there will be ladder-only drops. I'm just glad that they're making it so the experience from your ladder characters gets added back into your main account when it's done.

(Edit: I'm pretty sure we make new ladder characters, rather than bringing in existing ones somehow)

You can't take existing characters to the ladder...

Skab

Ladders end eventually...

Yeah, and then you start over. Which is my point.

You don't take exisiting characters to ladder.

Radec

Wait, shared paragon?

Dahbomb

LoL I don't think you know what Ladders are. It's a fresh start for everyone... NOTHING carries over.

Wallach

I know it's a fresh start. I figured I would just forfeit my past paragon. So each ladder would require a new character?

Correct, and it's now infinite.

Right. A ladder is basically an entirely different mode, so only characters that were made in that ladder season can play with each other. So the economy is reset every time as well.

Right. A ladder is basically an entirely different mode, so only characters that were made in that ladder season can play with each other. So the economy is reset every time as well.

And characters created for the ladder end permanently with only the paragon transferring over to the main accounts?

Wallach

And characters created for the ladder end permanently with only the paragon transferring over to the main accounts?

There are hardcore and normal ladders. Once a new ladder season begins and the current one ends, they'll probably get moved to the "default" mode where they'll exist with all other non-ladder characters.

Dahbomb

Nah the characters you play in Ladder get added back to your regular pool along with EXP earned and gold. If you were playing Hardcore Ladder then it will all go into your Hardcore pool.

At least that's how Blizzard described it and I am sure that's how it will work. I hope there are Ladder exclusive items and quests too.

Ladder is why they made Paragon points infinite... you will be ranked by experience earned so they want the experience to keep getting added to your character. In D2 on softcore if you died you lost 10% of your experience and at high level that's a lot of EXP lost. I wonder if they will do something similar for Ladders in D3.

There are hardcore and normal ladders. Once a new ladder season begins and the current one ends, they'll probably get moved to the "default" mode where they'll exist with all other non-ladder characters.

This reminds me... they'll need to increase character slots as well. At least 2 more to accommodate the new class and then maybe 3-4 for the ladder seasons. And while they're at it, another stash tab or two please.

I hope there are Ladder exclusive items and quests too.

I do too, but this is going to cause a lot of controversy. People will say they are being 'forced' to play the ladder and that they don't want their hundreds of hours of work put into current characters to go to waste etc. Given that ladder items will come back to regular mode at the end of the season, I don't really see much validity in these complaints. Then again I'm definitely playing the ladder anyway so maybe I'm not as sympathetic as I could be.

V_Arnold

I do not need ladder bonuses this time, since there is no offline mode anyway. Everyone is online, everyone should access to everything.

The clean slate is a reward enough for me in Ladder.

Skab

This reminds me... they'll need to increase character slots as well. At least 2 more to accommodate the new class and then maybe 3-4 for the ladder seasons. And while they're at it, another stash tab or two please. /QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (Diablofans, I think?) around Gamescom that we were getting both of those. I don't remember if they actually said how many tabs/slots we would get though.

Pepto

Banned
One run of field of misery:

Screenshot024.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do you hate the console version yet Yoshi :p :p
Fuck no! I haven't played it as much as I'd love to (KH HD and GTAV showed up) but it sure as hell has been more fun than the PC-version!

Stripes55

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure with loot 2.0 (smart drops) and MP0 you should have no problem beating the expansion on inferno whatsoever. Even now I can't imagine anyone having too much trouble beating MP0 inferno with self found gear. Basically, there will be NO WAY that you CAN'T beat inferno with loot 2.0.

Apparently, you haven't met my computer's RNG... :D

Raticus79

Yeah, and then you start over. Which is my point.

Here's how I see things playing out - let me know if I'm missing something since I didn't play D2:

- I'm buying stuff cheap, gearing up my alts to mid-tier levels, levelling up paragon all around since my main's at P100 already
- expansion hits, all the paragon experience gets rolled into account paragon. I'll probably hit p175 or so. (this part was confirmed to be how it'll work, as the plans stand today at least)
- ladder season starts, I make new ladder characters. Play ladder, get some ladder-only drops (I assume), and get some levels on my ladder-specific paragon pool.
- ladder ends, ladder paragon exp goes back into main account paragon exp (also confirmed), and my ladder characters come back into the main pool
- I load up my main account characters with whatever gear the ladder crew brought back with them
- next ladder season starts up, I make new characters for that ladder, rinse and repeat.

So as time progresses, you're building up gear on your "main account" and starting fresh on new ladder characters each time a season starts. I'm not sure if there's any downtime between ladder seasons.

Got back into this. Was having fun but I couldn't see myself getting anymore dps so I spend 30 bucks and I finaly hit 200k dps with my monk. Feels good. I don't even regret haha.

Here's how I see things playing out - let me know if I'm missing something since I didn't play D2:

- I'm buying stuff cheap, gearing up my alts to mid-tier levels, levelling up paragon all around since my main's at P100 already
- expansion hits, all the paragon experience gets rolled into account paragon. I'll probably hit p175 or so. (this part was confirmed to be how it'll work, as the plans stand today at least)
- ladder season starts, I make new ladder characters. Play ladder, get some ladder-only drops (I assume), and get some levels on my ladder-specific paragon pool.
- ladder ends, ladder paragon exp goes back into main account paragon exp (also confirmed), and my ladder characters come back into the main pool
- I load up my main account characters with whatever gear the ladder crew brought back with them
- next ladder season starts up, I make new characters for that ladder, rinse and repeat.

So as time progresses, you're building up gear on your "main account" and starting fresh on new ladder characters each time a season starts. I'm not sure if there's any downtime between ladder seasons.

Ok thing are much clearer now. Though if you only play ladders, who cares about what rolls to the main pool?

Are you guys only going to play ladder seasons or both? How long are the seasons?

turnbuckle

NV stacks available in normal mode in the expansion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTeJOqO0Tbg&feature=player_detailpage#t=315

(skip to 5:15)

Powerlevelling just got a whole lot easier.

Do you mean to say the NV stacks are available pre-level 60? A level 60 character can get NV stacks outside of inferno already unless I'm mistaken (which I could be, it's been a long time since I tried and my memory may be fuzzy).

The character in the video is obviously not at level 60 yet and it would definitely be news that you can get NV stacks so early in the game. Excellent news. Makes leveling 1-60 slightly less of a chore and gives just a little bit more help in finding upgrades along the way.

Blizzard is really hitting all the right notes with the direction they're taking this game. I'm unhappy about the removal of the auction house, but your poll made it clear as day it's something a majority of people either are very happy with or are at least accepting enough of to start or continue playing again.

If that's how it's going to work...

:face_drool

<3

turnbuckle

When OT6 hits I'm going to have a hard time thinking of a better thread title than the one we're using already. Something more positive should be used though, if only to preempt some of the trolls early on talking about how the game finally doesn't suck or whatever other creative thing they can come up with.

Look forward to more people and a more positive vibe when that time comes.

Ok thing are much clearer now. Though if you only play ladders, who cares about what rolls to the main pool?

Are you guys only going to play ladder seasons or both? How long are the seasons?

You have a choice to go and play your regular pool characters at any time. Ladders have no fixed duration. In D2 they used to be anything between 6 months and a year. That's a long time so unless you start fresh characters of all classes in the ladder, odds are you'll want to go and play your alts on the regular side once in a while.

I was most asking for personal input regarding what everyone here thinks they'll mostly play. I derive a ton of pleasure playing with GAF'ers and if everyone is playing ladders, it's probably what I'll do to.

Ah okay. Well I'll be starting a crusader on the ladder as soon as it hits and that'll last me a while. I'll probably hop between the ladder and normal now and then to get my 5 current level 60 characters to 70. Haven't really thought about anything further than that yet.

But yea, we should definitely make a GAF guild when the functionality comes. In the meantime, I'd appreciate it if any of you folks would want to add me to your list - spindoctor#6282 on North American servers.

V_Arnold

I will repeat history, and go with Wizard first. I want that Frozen Orb hotness in my veins, INSTANTLY!

Then, depending on whether WD builds are better or not (I am more optimist than Flux and others on diablo.incgamers, for example, I think that dog-based WD will be absolutely great with the new skill and the new passives), I will either roll one WD again or simply go with the Crusader.

...or who am I kidding, a female Crusader and a female Wizard shall both be my mains once the expansion hits.

You already can. This wouldn't apply to a new ladder, but neither would a cains set. Unless you've progressed enough in the ladder to have all that and crank out an alt within the same ladder.

Speaking of cains set. I should probably work on getting one now before the AH goes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
?

What makes you think you can't? lol

Don't you have to be 60 to do inferno, and hellfire ring parts only drop in inferno?

edit: oh right, account bound with no level req to equip. Thought it was char bound.

Raticus79

So I have a pretty decent Monk from pre 1.0.7. I have some questions about crafting:

Is there a 'best' farming route for the plans (I saw Keeps -> Ghom listed somewhere)? Are any of the items not worth crafting?

Any 'best' farming routes after I get all of the plans with crafting in mind as the goal?

Anything else major I should know since 1.0.7?

My monk for reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/prodystopian-1605/hero/29104444

Just get the plans from the auction house. I don't think any of them are over 100k any more.

Are there any plans worth getting from the AH before it goes down? I only ever used the amulet/shoulder/bracer/glove plans and the infernal machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom