• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing the same. Played a WD exclusively since release and will probably try something new during ROS. Crusader is the clear front runner atm due to flails being the best weapons ever.

Honestly, I'm enjoying everything save the DH; the only reason I got him to 60 third was because I started leveling him way back in June 2012 when DH and Wizards were the only class in Inferno past Act 1. Standing still and just holding down Rapid Fire is dull, moreso when you don't have high DPS.

The Crusader does look pretty fun, though. Depending on when ladder comes out, I'll either roll him as my ladder character or just test him out for a bit. Still need to experiment with the new class changes before deciding on what class I'll play there.

Pepto

Banned
Screenshot025.jpg

Yep, nirvana spec is the most fun I've had with any class in the game by far.

Yeah it's really starting to click for me after some more play time yesterday. I got a new main for the build too which helped a ton.

I love EP in place of blind BTW. It's great for trash and can actually help on elites too. It's probably a toss up for me with regards to effectiveness over a run, but it's more fun than simply adding another damage modifier to he bell. Timing ep's with bells adds another dynamic for me.

I'm still not quite as efficient as my backlash / EP / vac build yet, but it's a lot closer.

Anyone concerned with how ineffective this build would be against bosses? Ubers could still be fun.

Also grats on P100

V_Arnold

How do you do a Nirvana build? What is needed for that to make it work? I made a monk main on console versions, but I am using the usual cyclone build so far. Would love to try more bells.

mercviper

How do you do a Nirvana build? What is needed for that to make it work? I made a monk main on console versions, but I am using the usual cyclone build so far. Would love to try more bells.

The core of it is a combination of Way of the Hundred Fists - Fists of Fury and Breath of Heaven - Infused with Light. As long as WotHF's primary dot is ticking on two separate targets, Breath of Heaven's Infused with Light buff will grant you more spirit generation than you can spam bells with.

That's the gist of it yeah. I use dashing strike for mobility. It helps me tag and stay out if harms way.

Currently I'm running mp10 less efficiently than my old build but having more fun. My gear isn't taylored to the spec yet either. I could use some more LpSS and some globe bonuses. I have no sustain, no owe, no LOH and no serenity. So shit gets hairy at times. RD fast packs blow.

The build is based on the assumption that your going to use a lot of sprit. It kinda reminds me of my COB WD in that if I run out of resources I'm dead.. There's about 5 seconds of cool down before you can perms spam bells too so there is downtime in which healing is difficult.

It is fun though. I'm keeping gear needed for my vac monk as well incase I want more efficiency for the EXP.

Dashing around and perms dropping bells feels like how I would want the class to play though.

What builds do Demon Hunters use nowadays? I experimented with Bola and it seemed alright, but I'm still using pretty much the same build I've had post the original smokescreen nerf. Gloom, Preparation, Vault, Companion for defensive. Hungering Arrow, and using the frost arrows instead of ball lightning at the moment with the +damage to ensnared targets passive instead of sharpshooter.

I do ~50k DPS with ~33% crit chance. Not sure on my defensive stats, but I don't think I would want to swap out what defensive skills I have. Anything more efficient?

What builds do Demon Hunters use nowadays? I experimented with Bola and it seemed alright, but I'm still it pretty much the same build I've had post the original smokescreen nerf. Gloom, Preparation, Vault, Companion for defensive. Hungering Arrow, and using the frost arrows instead of ball lightning at the moment with the +damage to ensnared targets passive instead of sharpshooter.

I do ~50k DPS with ~33% crit chance. Not sure on my defensive stats, but I don't think I would want to swap out what defensive skills I have. Anything more efficient?

Demon Hunters use gloom and every other skill there is to maintain gloom by replenishing disc. It almost doesn't matter what else you use. I personally go with hungering arrow - spray of teeth for fire and forget damage with a small aoe component. For single target DPS I use rapid fire (my quiver has bonus damage to the skill).

Radec

Doing the same. Played a WD exclusively since release and will probably try something new during ROS. Crusader is the clear front runner atm due to flails being the best weapons ever.

Impressions so far...
Barb cleared inferno: zzz

Wizard cleared inferno: really fun and the primary competition for Crusader for my main

Monk cleared normal: zzz

Demon Hunter: haven't started

Monk is super boring and I finally got around to playing Torchlight 2 (Elite difficulty) so the monk is on hold as the TL2 single player campaign is a lot more fun than vanilla D3, especially considering that you have to rush through it 4 times to get through inferno.

Also recently picked up Card Hunter and that game is super fun; you guys should check it out as there really isn't much to do in D3 until the awesome sounding xpac releases.

I got all characters to 60 with only WD and DH are only the one that didn't finished Inferno (Both in Inferno, just being lazy to go all through the acts). Leveling all of them was pretty fun since you will go through each of their skills.

Also, Monk is the flashiest and awesome to play. I got bored with my Barb and plan to P100 my Monk instead.

Shifty76

What builds do Demon Hunters use nowadays? I experimented with Bola and it seemed alright, but I'm still using pretty much the same build I've had post the original smokescreen nerf. Gloom, Preparation, Vault, Companion for defensive. Hungering Arrow, and using the frost arrows instead of ball lightning at the moment with the +damage to ensnared targets passive instead of sharpshooter.

My DH runs a combination of grenades and rapid fire (bombardment)

Flies through MP7-8, but MP10 can be slow going at around 220k dps. Hardly ever dies though, which is nice.

Didn't spend more than 10-15m on any one piece of gear either, so reasonably cost efficient.

Shifty76

You want as much IAS as you can get, as the main focus of the build is to drop as many bells as you can since you have essentially unlimited spirit for the 5 second nirvana window. So fast attack speed mainhand (mine is a 1584 dps (with ruby) fist with 1.55 speed) and EF with as much APS bonus and CD as you can get (plus socket) is your ideal offhand.

My monk can drop 11 bells in that window, which works out to around 7.5-8 million actual dps.

When not in nirvana phase (7 secs worth) I usually dash around, poking at enemies with WotHF, and dropping the odd bell to finish off stragglers while waiting for BoH to recharge.

I linked a video a page or two back of me running MP8 fields of misery with that spec if you're interested (running zero life steal)

From blizzforums:

Wyatt Cheng

Senior Technical Game Designer

Let's talk about combat.

From a big picture standpoint, it's not healthy for the game when a player's health pool goes from full to nearly empty and back to full on a regular basis very quickly, over and over, during regular play. I know not every character build plays this way - but I would assert that it's not good for the game when this is a dominant or even common way to play.

Why?

Here are a few negative effects it has:

1. A health pool that quickly goes from full to nearly empty implies that there's not a lot of room for variance in incoming damage. When incoming damage is that high, a 15% increase in monster damage would result in death. This leads to comments like "As soon as I turn up the Monster Power I get 1-shot". I'd like to see a game where a clever player can handle a higher Monster Power by reducing incoming damage through good play. Unfortunately, if the combat pacing and dominant builds are such that all players are geared to survive the biggest posisble hit from a monster and instantly heal to full then there's no room for that differentiation. Let's use mortar as a simple example. If a wave of mortar hits takes me from full to nearly dead, and then I instantly heal back to full, then mortars don't pose a realistic threat to me. In this state, there's no way for a clever player (who wants to dodge mortars) to differentiate themselves from somebody who doesn't care (and just decides to get hit). In both cases you're healing instantly to full and surviving through the damage no matter what, and in both cases turning up the monster power results in you dying no matter what if you take a single mortar wave. It becomes a pure gear check.

2. For players who push the MP up anyways, it makes the game feel like it was designed around one-shots. In my previous example with mortar, some of you may be thinking "There's room for turning up the Monster Power, just don't get hit at all!". This isn't great either. It means my death feels very binary. One moment I'm at full health, the next instant I'm dead. It also means that once you decide you are going to accept being one-shot, you don't care about your health at all. Who cares if you have 20K or 40K health if you're going to die either way? We'd be in a better place if the mortar-dodger was allowed to take the occasional hit, but can handle a higher monster power as long as a majority of them are dodged.

3. Healing very rapidly back to full also loses all the fidelity of small attacks. If players are regularly going from full to nearly empty and back to full again on a regular basis, then there's no room for mechanics which act as a slow drain on your health. Plagued is a great example of this. We don't want Plagued to be something that kills you quickly, but it also shouldn't be something you ignore forever. Standing in a pool of poison should be something that adds tension to the fight. You know you're not going to die now, but you can see the threat looming. When healing rates are very high, there is no room for the slow drain damage sources - they become insignificant.

4. My current health loses meaning. Being at 95% health should mean you're relatively safe. Being at 5% health should mean you're almost dead. Being at 50% health should mean you're somewhat in danger and you should play it safe, but as long as you do you should be fine. These are all concepts that make intuitive sense. Unfortunately, they are not at all true in the current Diablo environment. When health pools are rapidly going from empty to full and back again, these health values all blur together.

5. You lose a lot of tactical combat opportunities. Tactical combat requires that the player can properly assess the situation and react accordingly. When your health pool moves up and down rapidly you are no longer reacting to dangers. A rapidly changing health globe means you are playing in a predictable pattern and crossing your fingers hoping that you live through it. You are playing in a way that avoids situations that will instantly kill you, but there's no tension associated with being low on health that would cause you to make a tactical decision to change your play pattern.

I'm saying all of this without pointing at any specific solutions. That's because there are no instant-fix solutions. It's a challenging problem that we're actively working on. Things aren't going to be perfect overnight, but improving the pacing of combat is something we constantly work on.

I will say that the first line of defense is reducing the rate at which players heal. After we pull in the rate of healing, next we analyze the patterns in which monsters deal damage. Ultimately, defensive stats will play a role in all of this. If some life regeneration, damage mitigation or (gasp) life on hit lets me play a little more aggressively, that's a good thing.

bye bye LL bye bye

I'm not sure how you can solve the problem of incoming spike damage. Players will continue to push the limits of which monster power they can do until the damage is instantly killing them anyway. Why would I play at a difficulty where my health only goes down to 50% when it's far more rewarding in terms of xp gain/mf to play in the difficulty where it goes down to 10%?

Nerf lifesteal if you must but don't go about making the game dependent on defensive stats like vit, AR and god forbid they introduce something new like resilience. For me the real fun in this game (genre?) is playing offensively and not in doubling down and playing safe.

V_Arnold

Id love if they moved away from this insane "everything dies around me, I am either alive and in no danger at all, or I am dead" style.

Action and offense is fine, but not when it is at a point of "oh, I do not care what is ahead of me, I just nuke, cause lifesteal yo".

Do that in lower MP's. Reduced amount of MF and less rares, for exchange of not needing to think at all. Highest MP's should not be taken as granted if one plays mindlessly, just trashing stuff.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Sounds like Blizzard paid too much attentions to them pathetic glasscannons on diabloprogress
These guys are purely for show. Monk with sub 400 ar and 1 to no lifesteal and any other forms of sustain. Dh stacking only dex no vitality. Barb with no ls or any other form of sustain except bloodthirst. how many of them can farm mp10 without kiting, without dying, without swapping gear? How many of them can solo mp10 übers? None

Source:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10039514450#5

I think this will mean:
- more effective HP via higher defensive stats (not higher HP). Takes longer to die.
- less healing. Takes longer to recover.
- low (or no) lifesteal on level 70 gear.

Which is hilarious to me for several reasons.

- We used to have better EHP and they nerfed them when they lowered inferno difficulty.
- The game has always been a gear check to some extent and always will be. MP10 or whatever will always be face tanked by someone who's got the gear to do so.
- We will always pick the most efficient form of healing. It used to be LOH. It still is for my HC character. LS isn't efficient until a certain damage break point.
- I know they're buffing certain healing skills like LpSS, but they've never given us a proper way to heal ourselves through the skill or rune system. At least for both monk and WD. The nirvana build will attempt to reach perma heal anyway by spamming spirit spenders.
-What about RD? It's a stupid affix anyway and causes the majority of those damage spikes they're talking about. LS would become half as important overnight if they got rid of that one stupid affix. Forcing me to kite elites until their RD drops isn't my idea of "skill".

To me it sounds like a lofty goal, and one he admits himself as they have no action plan to solve it. I'm not really upset about the loss if they do nerf it. I'm playing around without it's presence currently anyway.

Id love if they moved away from this insane "everything dies around me, I am either alive and in no danger at all, or I am dead" style.

Action and offense is fine, but not when it is at a point of "oh, I do not care what is ahead of me, I just nuke, cause lifesteal yo".

Do that in lower MP's. Reduced amount of MF and less rares, for exchange of not needing to think at all. Highest MP's should not be taken as granted if one plays mindlessly, just trashing stuff.

I don't know. I'm not face tanking MP10 good, but even with dual LS weapons while playing the backlash build, I still died. Especially with those charging bulls. If they feel like there's damage spikes, it's because there are. If they're going to play around with how we generate health, they better play around with how the enemies take it from us as well.

Sounds like Blizzard paid too much attentions to them pathetic glasscannons on diabloprogress
These guys are purely for show. Monk with sub 400 ar and 1 to no lifesteal and any other forms of sustain. Dh stacking only dex no vitality. Barb with no ls or any other form of sustain except bloodthirst. how many of them can farm mp10 without kiting, without dying, without swapping gear? How many of them can solo mp10 übers? None

I don't know if that's it. To me it sounds like they're sick of people fighting Azmodan / elite packs and not moving around because they're sustain is so high. If anything it looks like they'll be increasing our damage output too. To me it sounds like they want people to think about tactics before engaging. Which is cool. I'm just curious to see how they'll do it. Nerfing LS is one way to prevent us from regenerating health too fast, but it in no way deals with the damage spike we take.

IMO, RD is like the main reason LS is needed. Getting rid of LS forces me to kite RD packs now playing nirvana. Kiting is stupid. Permanent RD siege is stupid as well though. If they nerf LS, how do we deal with RD?

I just don't know how you make damage spikes and heal spikes go away. There's too many health globes probably too if they want to create a more even damage curve..

Again, the ironic part to me is that they created this style of play. They nerfed inferno how many times? They nerfed our defense. They created the charging bulls and the RD packs. They're the ones that made plague gnarly recently. They're ghe ones that created these damage spikes and then only gave us LS as an effective means to navigate this.

Dahbomb

Life steal is getting removed. Prepare yourselves. It's already nerfed/removed on skills so it's obvious which direction Blizzard is going in.

Permanent RD siege is stupid as well though. If they nerf LS, how do we deal with RD?
You get some LPSS and LoH? You get some Life Regen? Health globe bonuses? Mantra of Healing?

The real problem is that life steal allows people to go full on glass cannon without having the repercussions of being a glass cannon. That's a pretty big problem. Reflect damage is SUPPOSED to be a counter to glass cannons but no one cares anymore because they got life steal.

Talaysen

I'm not sure how you can solve the problem of incoming spike damage. Players will continue to push the limits of which monster power they can do until the damage is instantly killing them anyway. Why would I play at a difficulty where my health only goes down to 50% when it's far more rewarding in terms of xp gain/mf to play in the difficulty where it goes down to 10%?

If going down to 10% isn't any more threatening than 50%, then of course it's more rewarding to go to that MP. However, if the risk of death is actually higher, then it's not more rewarding to bump up the MP.

Besides, I think the idea is to change things so it's not that binary. Your HP may only go down to 50% on average, but spikes could make you go down to 10%. In that case, changing the MP to where you go down to 10% on average, you'll get killed by spikes. But if there are ways to mitigate the spikes (moving out of the way, defensive skills/play), then maybe bumping up the MP is worth it, you just have to put in the effort.

I believe that's what they're going for.

Again, the ironic part to me is that they created this style of play. They nerfed inferno how many times? They nerfed our defense. They created the charging bulls and the RD packs. They're the ones that made plague gnarly recently. They're ghe ones that created these damage spikes and then only gave us LS as an effective means to navigate this.

It's not really ironic. They created this style of play and they know it. Sometimes design doesn't turn out how you expected. They're admitting they messed up and want to fix it. Nothing strange about that.

It is a pretty lofty goal, though. I can't really think of any good solutions. Lowering life sustain and enemy damage (to a lesser amount) to make the gameplay more attrition-based is probably a decent start.

You get some LPSS and LoH? You get some Life Regen? Health globe bonuses? Mantra of Healing?

None of this has any real affect against RD. Like none of it . Even LS wasn't a perfect solution as the damage one takes with RD is tallied before the sustain part. I know because EP deaths were like a hobby for me for a while.

Playing MP10 efficiently requires high damage output as well. It's counter intuitive to force players into a high DPS path and then use RD as an affix. This is especially so with a lack of LS.

They agree with this btw. They've admitted its counter intuitive. They're solution was the aura effect, but that just creates a need to kite.

Rufus

Old Inferno was the epitome of attrition based. They nerfed the shit out of it and did a lot of things to the drops to even out the difficulty curve down from the sheer cliff that it was.

I don't really know what the issue is, to be honest. Or what they want play to look like in the future.
This is a kind of game where monsters can root you to a spot, surround you and fill the screen with all kind of multi-coloured death within two seconds. Unless they change something about that 'reducing incoming damage through good play' is a fool's errand. It's a thing you challenge yourself to do or are forced to do because you don't have the gear and/or your build sucks, something you aim to avoid because it's tedious and possibly frustrating, i.e. old Inferno.
You'll get 'tactical play' for exactly as long as people can't take the damage from an arcane beam or whatever. Once they can, it's back to the old style and maximizing efficiency, because dodging arcane beams is going to get really annoying in the long run.

That whole thing reads like one big side-grade, or postponing of the issue.

Dahbomb

All I am saying is that you guys better start coming up with builds/affixes that let you play on MP10 without Life steal. Because that is where it's going to be headed soon. I would particularly start looking at stuff like Life per resource spent stuff especially that Nirvana build where you can essentially coast on just the LPSS from spamming Bells.

Either that or start raising your EHP by quite a bit.

Rufus explained very nicely how I feel about that blizzard post.

All I am saying is that you guys better start coming up with builds/affixes that let you play on MP10 without Life steal. Because that is where it's going to be headed soon. I would particularly start looking at stuff like Life per resource spent stuff especially that Nirvana build where you can essentially coast on just the LPSS from spamming Bells.

Either that or start raising your EHP by quite a bit.

I'm playing nirvana now. That blizzard post makes me worried because it's spikey as hell. The reduced cool downs and better LpSS passive will create another scenario where I'm being filled with health at near full and fast too.

It's also a fucker with RD and why I'm bitching about kiting.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Improve ehp does not solve the problem. It's like you have millions saved in the bank, but eventually you will use up all of it if your spending is greater than income. High ehp means you need high amount of sustain to recover.

So I finally finished my first Infernal Machine and got Maghda/Leoric...and I couldn't kill them :(

Monster Power 6. Got really, really close one attempt, like 1 mil HP left on Maghda, then died :((((

All other attempts barely even close to killing Leoric.

Probably need to tone it down to MP4 or MP5 for the boss runs (if solo), even if it's lower chance for drops. Elite packs are generally easier than bosses. Good thing is there's no enrage.

Dahbomb

That Blizzard post does make a mention that they are attempting to tone done that spiky element of the game which means it works both way. No more filling up from 5% to 100% health but you also wouldn't get hit by a Horned Beast for near 100% damage.

To be honest though as much as I don't like the LS system... I still like the spiky damage in the game, it's kinda intense and fun that way. The slow over time damage and attrition game is more reserved for Hardcore play.

That Blizzard post does make a mention that they are attempting to tone done that spiky element of the game which means it works both way. No more filling up from 5% to 100% health but you also wouldn't get hit by a Horned Beast for near 100% damage.

To be honest though as much as I don't like the LS system... I still like the spiky damage in the game, it's kinda intense and fun that way. The slow over time damage and attrition game is more reserved for Hardcore play.

I like the spikes too. I also like LS WAAAAY more than the broken buy and spam potions like Diablo 2. It at least forces the player to engage the mob.

So I finally finished my first Infernal Machine and got Maghda/Leoric...and I couldn't kill them :(

Monster Power 6. Got really, really close one attempt, like 1 mil HP left on Maghda, then died :((((

All other attempts barely even close to killing Leoric.

Probably need to tone it down to MP4 or MP5 for the boss runs (if solo), even if it's lower chance for drops. Elite packs are generally easier than bosses. Good thing is there's no enrage.

I need to do an uber run for a STR ring. Fenderputty#1180 if your US. I won't be on until I get back from work, but if your down later I've got like 10 machines ...

Dahbomb

No one likes the potion spam either but LS has become too mandatory which is the point. There should be a way to make a build without relying on LS. That is really on Blizzard to fix it and figure out a way where people can spec themselves without needing LS. With all the buffs that resource spending leading into health is getting I am sure that will be what they want you to do (ie. spam abilities to get health back) or the health globe bonuses where you kill an enemy and you get a globe.

I think there is a Legendary which guarantees a globe from an enemy. And with all the new abilities that grant you buffs from globes this could be interesting.

ZenaxPure

I don't think spike damage will go away, because it's a good gameplay mechanic. The problem (which they said there) is that everything is spike damage. Running into a group of mobs is just a game of going from 10% to 100% every other second (with a few caveats obviously). Proper spike damage should be something that scares you and makes you scramble to heal/play defensively until you're healed. In D3 though it's just the norm.

Don't get me wrong ... I agree with you. The most frustrating part about LS is that with the exception of barb, it's only available on weapons.

I'm down with its removal as long as they provide other ways to heal. I'm mostly concerned with RD if they do go with the removal route as it's the only sustain that scales with damage output the way RD does.

Shifty76

Life steal is getting removed. Prepare yourselves. It's already nerfed/removed on skills so it's obvious which direction Blizzard is going in.

LpSS is worthless against RD due to the way it returns life. Cast your bell? You get your 75 x LpSS value in healing -> Bell hits -> you die. Might have the order mixed up - it might be that you take the dmg first then get the life return, but the point is moot - you're dead anyway as soon as that bell hits.

If I drop a bell on an RD pack, even with 200 LpSS I'm dead instantly. Same goes with Exploding Palm.

Many skills have such a low proc rate on LoH that it might as well not even exist.

If they changed the mechanics so that you'd take the damage but then get healed before dying (assuming of course that you healed enough to recover to >0 HP) then I'd be absolutely fine with things as-is.

Life regen? Sure, If I want to run around for 20 secs after taking dmg, but again worthless against RD packs that kill you in one hit, same with globes.

I moved away from LS a month or so back as having to run dual LS on a monk is really freaking expensive, especially if you want to deal decent dps.

I went to single life steal, but upon finding out that even single LS couldn't keep me alive vs reflect packs (still got insta-gibbed), I figured I might as well follow Invis' footsteps and just go without.

After reading about the possible change to the health globe mechanic, I have added around 35k health per globe/pot, which if the leaked changes to Transcendence go through will result in a LpSS bonus of 162 + (35,000 * 1%) so 162 + 350 = 512 LpSS.

512 * 75 spirit = 38,400 heal per bell cast, which is significantly more than what I would have gotten from dual LS, so absolutely it will be (and is currently) possible to run without any life steal. Just need to use your noggin a bit and adjust play style accordingly :)

Dahbomb

Sounds like a problem that is with RD that can be fixed with some tweaking. If you get healed at the same time as taking RD then that might mitigate the issue.

Shifty76

Sounds like a problem that is with RD that can be fixed with some tweaking. If you get healed at the same time as taking RD then that might mitigate the issue.

Yep, exactly. Like how it works with LS right now.

I don't know the mechanics of how LS works in terms of the order of calculating incoming damage and healing, but I can drop 3-4 bells on RD mobs with dual LS before I have to quit, vs the zero I can drop with LpSS.

Something like:

You have 70k dps inbound as a result of RD.

LS kicks in and heals you for 30k, leaving 40k as the actual inbound dmg that you take.

If they could adjust LpSS to work the same way then it absolutely becomes viable. You still need to take care, as hitting too many times would result in death, but it wouldn't be the insta-gib that you get right now.

MrDaravon

I just sold Exalted Grand Armplate plans for 2.8M... Umm what?

What the fuck. Are plan prices skyrocketting or something now? I'm never going to get all of the legendary set plans now haha. Even on console set/legendary plans can drop at any level/mode, but will still only craft the item at that set level (i.e. I got the Cain plans in Inferno but they're still level 22 when crafted), I wonder when the PC update hits if they're going to make any changes to existing plans you have, or have new ones or what. With dropped items scaling and available at all levels if they don't add new versions or make current plans scale that will make them even more useless than they already are (excluding Cains).

ive been selling a lot of stuff on the ah too. people must be stocking up on leveling gear

Prices on everything seems to have gone up. Which is crazy to me.

RD is calculated before the sustain. I had dual LS and could stand on desecrator and attack RD packs with standard attacks just fine. It wasn't until I did massive damage that RD killed me via exploding palm. This would only make sense if damage is calculated before the sustain. Percentages scale so if I don't die doing 100k damage I shouldn't die at 100kk damage either.

MrDaravon

Prices on everything seems to have gone up. Which is crazy to me.

The only thing I can think of here is that a lot of people are banking on gold being significantly less important/needed once the AH goes down, so they're just spending all their money which is leading to a rippling effect. That's true to a point, but I've got around 150 hours on the console version, and money is not a HUGE concern, but it's a factor. Crafting is actually expensive when you can't play the AH; on PC I usually just salvage everything, but when I do the same thing on console I literally don't have the money for crafting early on in Inferno. It gets better over time, but even now I'm "only" sitting on like 4 mil after all this time, which if you're crafting Archon stuff will go surprisingly quickly. So I'm not banking on gold being as useless as a lot of people think, especially when we have zero clue on what crafting costs will be for new stuff as well.

Well when I clicked on them the game suggested 8.7M and they didnt sell came back the next day the game suggest 4M, it didnt sell, then it suggested 3M and it sold so I got like 2.5 or something after Blizzard tax.

Also 15% tax is INSANE. WHAT THE HELL ELSE IS TAXED AT 15%. Thats crazy! Lose so much money from that tax. Who do we call to talk to somebody about this. I'm going on strike I'm picketing outside Blizzard HQ's. This aint right, I'm just trying to get some digital items and the 1% is bringing me down with taxes.

MrDaravon

I'm super glad I already bought all of the rare plans I didn't have and all of the sub-1 mil set/legendary plans a few months ago, goddamn.

On console it's actually novel that I have duplicate legendary plans and am working on trades with people for ones I don't have. THE FUTURE

Well when I clicked on them the game suggested 8.7M and they didnt sell came back the next day the game suggest 4M, it didnt sell, then it suggested 3M and it sold so I got like 2.5 or something after Blizzard tax.

Also 15% tax is INSANE. WHAT THE HELL ELSE IS TAXED AT 15%. Thats crazy! Lose so much money from that tax. Who do we call to talk to somebody about this. I'm going on strike I'm picketing outside Blizzard HQ's. This aint right, I'm just trying to get some digital items and the 1% is bringing me down with taxes.

Honestly, if they kept the AH, I feel like the percentage should be more. They're not though so ... Lol

V_Arnold

Thanks for the tips on Nirvana Monk, guys.

Tried it last night, well...it is surprisingly awesome. Have yet to settle on which bell to use... is it the reduced spirit cost one? I used the one variant which makes it go into all directions.

I use the on with more damage on initial hit. You don't want to reduce the cost of sprit since LpSS would be negatively impacted. Even sat full spirit costs, the bell can be perma spammed when nirvana is achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom