• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

Just tried this Nirvana build on my Monk and wow, it really works.

Demolishes packs in an awesome way.

My gears aren't compatible though, need to rebuild some.

Any suggestions?

Faster mainhand for starters. Faster weapon = more bells dropped = more dps. I wouldn't go below 1.5 attack speed.

If EF is in offhand then it's dmg counts for ZERO when it comes to nirvana. Only thing that matters is the APS bonus (you're good there) and crit dmg (of which you have none, which is not so good)

Assuming those skills are not your nirvana ones...

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Faster mainhand for starters. Faster weapon = more bells dropped = more dps. I wouldn't go below 1.5 attack speed.

If EF is in offhand then it's dmg counts for ZERO when it comes to nirvana. Only thing that matters is the APS bonus (you're good there) and crit dmg (of which you have none, which is not so good)

If you have an offhand EF, I think you would actually be better off with a mainhand spear or mace. They get a bigger relative increase in their attack speed (because going from 1.2 to 1.45 is a bigger % jump than from 1.4 to 1.65) and therefore a bigger DPS increase with bells.

Try checking your DPS output against a boss with a dagger and mace/spear with similar DPS and see how it goes.

(reusing a bunch of math I did when optimizing 3-swap SW snapshot back in the day)

I would also check to see if you can cancel the bell animation with the force move button and spit out more of them in the same time frame by spamming alternating move/bell (like they do with ww/rend)

Also-also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_CuuAsDAng

Shifty76

If you have an offhand EF, I think you would actually be better off with a mainhand spear or mace. They get a bigger relative increase in their attack speed (because going from 1.2 to 1.45 is a bigger % jump than from 1.4 to 1.65) and therefore a bigger DPS increase with bells.

Try checking your DPS output against a boss with a dagger and mace/spear with similar DPS and see how it goes.

(reusing a bunch of math I did when optimizing 3-swap SW snapshot back in the day)

I would also check to see if you can cancel the bell animation with the force move button and spit out more of them in the same time frame by spamming alternating move/bell (like they do with ww/rend)

Also-also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_CuuAsDAng

Yeah, seen that video before and played around with a Flying Dragon for a bit, but it's a pain in the ass having to wait for the IAS proc to kick in before you start the nirvana cycle.

Regarding slower but heavier hitting weapons: Not for nirvana spec, no. Yes, your bells certainly hit harder, the the biggest portion of your dmg while in nirvana is from the bells you can cast while FitL is up. Faster weapon means more bells cast during that period.

Assuming the entire 5 second cycle, better to have 7 bells during FitL and 4 after, than say 5 bells during and 3 after, even if they do hit a bit harder.

Fitz goes into way more detail in his guide, but that's the gist of it.

Shifty76

¿rubi >>>>>>> emerald for weapons?

For several builds yes.

Nirvana monk (bells dmg based off mainhand dmg) Sheet dps is lower with ruby but actual dps is higher.
CoB doc (sometimes emerald wins out)
Grenades DH.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I'm familiar with.

Radec

Thanks.

Yep, that skill was just me experimenting.

For several builds yes.

Nirvana monk (bells dmg based off mainhand dmg) Sheet dps is lower with ruby but actual dps is higher.
CoB doc (sometimes emerald wins out)
Grenades DH.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I'm familiar with.

Thx

I was asking about the datamined information for RoS and more in general, With a skorn or 2 good 1H weapons you have 150-200% Crit Damage, and from them to the cap you have a lot of pieces of gear that reach to the cap...

Emerald seems dead for weapons with that cap.....

V_Arnold

It doesn't force you because your Paragon points are allocated per category.

Meaning your first Paragon level you can only put into Core stats, next Paragon level allows you to put only into Offensive stats.

There is no way you can put everything in one category, it's all divided up by levels. So in reality the Paragon points don't mean much.

No, this has been dismissed as a misunderstanding. That is not what Travis meant when he talked about categories. You can pump all your points into one stat if you want until you reach the limit.

Edit: Scratch that, looks like I was mistaken, since the last Lyrra post pretty much sums it up:

Blizzard said:
- What category a Paragon Point can be spent in will be determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in “Core Stat,” Paragon level 2 gives you a point to in “Offensive,” Paragon level 3 gives you a point to spend in “Defensive,” and Paragon level 4 gives you a point to spend in “Utility” (or “Adventure”). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

Cipherr

• - While moving your resource generation and damage is increased by 25%. While stationary your resource regeneration and damage is reduced by 25%
  • - Gain a death aura that deals 1000% of your Life per Second to enemies within 20 yards but your Life per Second no longer heals you

Wow at those two. Lol. Would definitely change the way you gear/specced to take advantage of them.

Fularu

Banned
I can't help but think the new Paragon system is a huge step back as far as power goes.

Currently a paragon level gives you :

3 main stat
2 vit
1 in each of your secondary stats
3% MF
3% GF

Unless each paragon point allows you the exact same level of customization, to get the same out of the new paragon system you'll need 13 paragon levels

They need to clarify this because that's prety bad as far as I can tell.

A Paragon 100 barb will go from

+ 300 str, +200 vit, +100 dex, +100 int, +300 MF and +300 GF to

+ 25 in either STR/VIT/INT/DEX
+ 25 in some offensive stat
+ 25 in some defensive stat
+ 25 in some utility stat

I can't help but think the new Paragon system is a huge step back as far as power goes.

3 main stat
2 vit
3% MF
3% GF

Unless each paragon point allows you the exact same level of customization, to get the same out of the new paragon system you'll need 13 paragon levels

Every paragon point in core stats is more than 1 point to the stat you select.

Raticus79

Yeah, seen that video before and played around with a Flying Dragon for a bit, but it's a pain in the ass having to wait for the IAS proc to kick in before you start the nirvana cycle.

Regarding slower but heavier hitting weapons: Not for nirvana spec, no. Yes, your bells certainly hit harder, the the biggest portion of your dmg while in nirvana is from the bells you can cast while FitL is up. Faster weapon means more bells cast during that period.

Assuming the entire 5 second cycle, better to have 7 bells during FitL and 4 after, than say 5 bells during and 3 after, even if they do hit a bit harder.

Fitz goes into way more detail in his guide, but that's the gist of it.

Bah! Too hand-wavy, I'm unconvinced. I shall put this to the test. Time to start leveling up my other monk to rack up more paragon exp during testing.

The good news is the blinding flash strength with Flying Dragon in proc mode is only about the same strength as with a high-DPS-1H plus EF setup. The only benefit of FD is the increased bells/sec while the proc is active.

Talaysen

3 main stat
2 vit
3% MF
3% GF

Did they state that we won't be getting the stats from the paragon levels anymore? I never saw anything like that, but it would make sense if that got changed.

Also, +1% attack speed or crit chance or move speed is way better than +3 primary stat +2 vitality in my opinion.

Shifty76

Bah! Too hand-wavy, I'm unconvinced. I shall put this to the test. Time to start leveling up my other monk to rack up more paragon exp during testing.

The good news is the blinding flash strength with Flying Dragon in proc mode is only about the same strength as with a high-DPS-1H plus EF setup. The only benefit of FD is the increased bells/sec while the proc is active.

Okay, I know this is only simming it on d3up, but for what it's worth:

My WoL dps with current mainhand (1219 dps fist with 1.55 attack speed & marquise ruby) and BF/Overawe bufs active: 11.24m

My WoL dps with a 1.2 aps mainhand with the same stats (including 1219 dps) and skills active 9.51m,

That's not even close!

*edit* I believe those results need to be multiplied by 0.75 to get actual dps as on d3up Aaron forgets to factor in the 0.75 attack speed modifier for WoL.

Did they state that we won't be getting the stats from the paragon levels anymore? I never saw anything like that, but it would make sense if that got changed.

Also, +1% attack speed or crit chance or move speed is way better than +3 primary stat +2 vitality in my opinion.

I think the stats will be gone, but each point gives you different amount of a stat. I believe every point in a core stat gives you 5 of it, but you only get .20 CHC for each point. Everything has a cap of 50 points save core stats, so maxed out you can only get 10% IAS, 50% CHD, 10% CHC, etc.

Dahbomb

3 main stat
2 vit
3% MF
3% GF

Yeah new Paragon level system is weaker when you compare it level by level but it's not capped so it can actually go much higher than what old P100 would give you. At P800 you will have maxed your offensive/defensive/utility stats but levels past that you would still continue to get core stats.

Raticus79

Okay, I know this is only simming it on d3up, but for what it's worth:

My WoL dps with current mainhand (1219 dps fist with 1.55 attack speed & marquise ruby) and BF/Overawe bufs active: 11.24m

My WoL dps with a 1.2 aps mainhand with the same stats (including 1219 dps) and skills active 9.51m,

That's not even close!

*edit* I believe those results need to be multiplied by 0.75 to get actual dps as on d3up Aaron forgets to factor in the 0.75 attack speed modifier for WoL.

Hmm, weird. I must be missing something with the calculations around blinding flash since it gets that double benefit from APS. (base damage boost from buff = 0.3 * APS * weapon damage).

I'll fire up the build later and see what I can find out. Assuming blinding flash still works the same way, we should be able to get some crazy results with gear swapping.

By the way, anyone currently playing on a p100 character, you should take that gear and put it on a new alt of the same class. That way you keep building your total account paragon experience that will roll into your account paragon level when the expansion hits. You can just delete the character after the experience gets rolled in.

Shifty76

Hmm, weird. I must be missing something with the calculations around blinding flash since it gets that double benefit from APS. (base damage boost from buff = 0.3 * APS * weapon damage).

I'll fire up the build later and see what I can find out. Assuming blinding flash still works the same way, we should be able to get some crazy results with gear swapping.

By the way, anyone currently playing on a p100 character, you should take that gear and put it on a new alt of the same class. That way you keep building your total account paragon experience that will roll into your account paragon level when the expansion hits. You can just delete the character after the experience gets rolled in.

Per Fitz's calculation, this is how it all fits together:

d3up mainhand dmg, so for me 108,304.5

Multiplied by mainhand attack speed, so again for me 3.03072

Multiplied by 0.75 (WoL attack speed modifier)

Multiplied by 12 (1200% WoL dmg boost rounded)

Multiplied by 1.48 for overawe

Then for the FitL bonus: (0.3 * 3.03072) + 1 = 1.909 or so.

1.909 * 4,372,165 (sum of the above calcs) = 8.346m bell dps with FitL and overawe up

Fularu

Banned
Yeah new Paragon level system is weaker when you compare it level by level but it's not capped so it can actually go much higher than what old P100 would give you. At P800 you will have maxed your offensive/defensive/utility stats but levels past that you would still continue to get core stats.

If the Paragon leveling system follows the same xp curve as the current one, I doubt a whole lot of people will get even beyond paragon 350.

In the end, it seems like a much weaker system even if you can "select" where you're putting your points.

The loss of 300% MF will be huge in itself.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the paragon curve is different as well. The current curve would take an insane amount of time to track paragon 800.

Edit: so is MF an item based stat again? Current paragon rendered it useless which is what they kinda wanted. MF will no longer be affected?

MF is in the Utility section of Paragon, but we don't know how much MF you can get from it. If they want to replicate the current system, a Paragon Point in MF would give you 6% MF, and with a cap of 50, you'd need to be Paragon 200 to max it out for 300% MF. However, all of the new caps mention as being specifically for stats off items.

MrDaravon

Wizard noob questions: I will shortly finally have a Wizard to 60 on both PC and console. How much gear overlap is there between CM/WW and Archon builds? Looking around online I'm seeing gear suggestions kind of all over the place for both. As far as I can tell CM/WW is more for high MP/uber play, and Archon is geared more towards lower to mid MP play (?), but I would ideally like to only have one set of gear with maybe having to switch out one or two pieces if needed. Not looking to go in super hardcore with the Wizard most likely, just want to get it to 60 and gear up to be able to do something like MP2 or MP3 comfortably before the expansion hits. Gear-wise though it seems like for either set I'm seeing tons of different suggestions which is still a bit confusing to me.

As far as I'm able to find out is the tl;dr version be either Zunimassa items/set and blackthorne pants/amulet (for LoH) for tankiness, or Tal Rasha items, Nat 2-set and Inna pants for pure DPS? Also I know a Chantodo's Will is pretty much a requirement for CM/WW, but does the lesser black damage on it make it just not viable at all for Archon? I wouldn't mind having to switch a weapon depending on what build I'm running, but ideally I wouldn't like to have to make huge gear swaps. Also does no one use 2 handers at high level? I know WD's will run Skorns and whatnot, but I'm just not really seeing much of anyone with 2 handers or suggestions for wizards.

When I was picking up all of the legendaries I picked up an okay Zunimassa boots that was obviously mispriced at 300k (okay Int but decent Vit, looks like he meant to price it at 3 mil since the next cheapest ones comparable started at 3 mil), and I picked up what seemed to be a pretty decent Zunimassa chest for 5 mil (good Int, Vit and Armor) but other than that I'm a bit paralyzed at what to pick up. Ideally wouldn't want to spend more than maybe 30 mil or so, but willing to spend a bit more if needed if it's worth it.

Shifty76

Wizard noob questions: I will shortly finally have a Wizard to 60 on both PC and console. How much gear overlap is there between CM/WW and Archon builds? Looking around online I'm seeing gear suggestions kind of all over the place for both. As far as I can tell CM/WW is more for high MP/uber play, and Archon is geared more towards lower to mid MP play (?), but I would ideally like to only have one set of gear with maybe having to switch out one or two pieces if needed. Not looking to go in super hardcore with the Wizard most likely, just want to get it to 60 and gear up to be able to do something like MP2 or MP3 comfortably before the expansion hits. Gear-wise though it seems like for either set I'm seeing tons of different suggestions which is still a bit confusing to me.

As far as I'm able to find out is the tl;dr version be either Zunimassa items/set and blackthorne pants/amulet (for LoH) for tankiness, or Tal Rasha items, Nat 2-set and Inna pants for pure DPS? Also I know a Chantodo's Will is pretty much a requirement for CM/WW, but does the lesser black damage on it make it just not viable at all for Archon? I wouldn't mind having to switch a weapon depending on what build I'm running, but ideally I wouldn't like to have to make huge gear swaps. Also does no one use 2 handers at high level? I know WD's will run Skorns and whatnot, but I'm just not really seeing much of anyone with 2 handers or suggestions for wizards.

When I was picking up all of the legendaries I picked up an okay Zunimassa boots that was obviously mispriced at 300k (okay Int but decent Vit, looks like he meant to price it at 3 mil since the next cheapest ones comparable started at 3 mil), and I picked up what seemed to be a pretty decent Zunimassa chest for 5 mil (good Int, Vit and Armor) but other than that I'm a bit paralyzed at what to pick up. Ideally wouldn't want to spend more than maybe 30 mil or so, but willing to spend a bit more if needed if it's worth it.

As I understand it, CM you want lots of attack speed items. That and cc are your priorities, along with at least two pieces with high AP on crit. You'll also want 800 or so LoH.

WIth Archon, IAS isn't as important, (avg dmg, +elemental dmg and CD is) and you want a black dmg weapon (vs the Chantodo's you'd use with CM) so that you can benefit from the elemental dmg from your offhand (triumvirate vs Chantodos), boots (zuni) and possibly amulet (Tal's). PLus, I think you want LS rather than LoH.

So really I don't think there's much overlap at all. If all you're looking to do is MP2-3 I think you'd be far better off with archon, but more knowledgeable wizards than me could likely confirm (or refute!) that.

MrDaravon

As I understand it, CM you want lots of attack speed items. That and cc are your priorities, along with at least two pieces with high AP on crit. You'll also want 800 or so LoH.

WIth Archon, IAS isn't as important, (avg dmg, +elemental dmg and CD is) and you want a black dmg weapon (vs the Chantodo's you'd use with CM) so that you can benefit from the elemental dmg from your offhand (triumvirate vs Chantodos), boots (zuni) and possibly amulet (Tal's). PLus, I think you want LS rather than LoH.

So really I don't think there's much overlap at all. If all you're looking to do is MP2-3 I think you'd be far better off with archon, but more knowledgeable wizards than me could likely confirm (or refute!) that.

Hmmm, if that's the case that's fine as long as I can get some direction or confirmation. On PC I play solo a lot and am just kinda messing around, so there I'll probably roll Archon if that's the case. On console I have a group of friends that play on a regular basis so I may roll WW there for high MP and/or uber carries.

I'm not a huge fan of mage characters in games in general, although I will admit I've warmed up to the class a bit, especially once I got a giant laser.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the paragon curve is different as well. The current curve would take an insane amount of time to track paragon 800.

Edit: so is MF an item based stat again? Current paragon rendered it useless which is what they kinda wanted. MF will no longer be affected?

Well I assume the bonus content, on MP 10 will give you tonsssss of EXP. So you can meet the curve easier.

So all the EXP we've earned so far was the "hard" way, and people will be getting early paragon levels super easy in the new modes.

Raticus79

Well I assume the bonus content, on MP 10 will give you tonsssss of EXP. So you can meet the curve easier.

So all the EXP we've earned so far was the "hard" way, and people will be getting early paragon levels super easy in the new modes.

Someone managed to data mine the new Paragon experience curve, I think. It's not as steep as before.

By the way, 800 points is where you max out every stat in the non-primary-stat categories. The primary stat category is unlimited.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10025092427#1

Dahbomb

Man how come no one noticed the new Legendary potions? Seems like PoE potions where activating them gives you a special effect. The Kulle Aide potion gives you the ability to phase through walls.

And yet another datamine without any mention of life steal. I am telling you guys betweent this and that last blue post they are removing life steal from the game.

MrDaravon

Stumbled across this video linked to on the bnet forums, goddamn was it really useful for me with my non-existent Wizard knowledge.

Man how come no one noticed the new Legendary potions? Seems like PoE potions where activating them gives you a special effect. The Kulle Aide potion gives you the ability to phase through walls.

And yet another datamine without any mention of life steal. I am telling you guys betweent this and that last blue post they are removing life steal from the game.

Didn't they nerf lifesteal on Gloom? I cannot believe that they will completely remove lifesteal, they would have to flat out change runes and actually remove stats from weapons and armor. Nerf or change in some way sure, but completely remove? No way.

Dahbomb

They didn't nerf life steal from all those skills... they completely removed them (passive and active skills).

Right now life steal probably only exists in regular weapons if that. Didn't even see a life steal affix on all those new Legendaries. I seriously doubt that so many affixes are available as Paragon points and LS isn't... along with the fact that they capped all the big stats. LS is a big stat, with no mention of a nerf/cap it pretty much means that they have most likely removed it.

MrDaravon

They didn't nerf life steal from all those skills... they completely removed them (passive and active skills).

Right now life steal probably only exists in regular weapons if that. Didn't even see a life steal affix on all those new Legendaries. I seriously doubt that so many affixes are available as Paragon points and LS isn't... along with the fact that they capped all the big stats. LS is a big stat, with no mention of a nerf/cap it pretty much means that they have most likely removed it.

Ah you're right, I was mixing up the Gloom rune and Shadow Power itself. So let's say they completely remove Life Steal. A)What in the fuck do they do to address all of the existing weapons/items that have LS on them, and B)What do they do with skills that had LS?

Dahbomb

Ah you're right, I was mixing up the Gloom rune and Shadow Power itself. So let's say they completely remove Life Steal. A)What in the fuck do they do to address all of the existing weapons/items that have LS on them, and B)What do they do with skills that had LS?
A) I am guessing some of these new Legendary affixes are meant to replace old Legendaries/weapons with life steal on them. The real problem is the Mighty Belts that have life steal on them by default, I am guessing that will probably be removed too. Or they simply just replace life steal with LOH on those weapons/Legendaries. Not really a difficult fix to implement.

B) They already replaced those skills with something else. Either stuff like "Life per Fury spent" or "Life on Hit".

MrDaravon

A) I am guessing some of these new Legendary affixes are meant to replace old Legendaries/weapons with life steal on them. The real problem is the Mighty Belts that have life steal on them by default, I am guessing that will probably be removed too. Or they simply just replace life steal with LOH on those weapons/Legendaries. Not really a difficult fix to implement.

B) They already replaced those skills with something else. Either stuff like "Life per Fury spent" or "Life on Hit".

Scaling stats is one thing (like the IAS nerf), but completely removing them is another, people will be rightfully up in arms if they log in and stats are literally completely gone from items. I don't inherently have a problem necessarily with them removing LS (it'll all depend on how everything else is balanced), but I think that'll set a really bad precedent.

I'm just diving back into the game (haven't touched it in months) but after the announcement that the AH is going away for good, I wanted to make sure I was ready. Sounds like I have a long time to wait, but I am having some fun toying around.

I'm trying a HotA/WW barb with a Skorn 2H axe. Seems to be a trend going right now.

I'm not quite up to the gear levels that most who use this are ... but I'm not awful.

My question is .. for those familiar with this build, how the heck am I supposed to get initial fury? I am used to the old 1H DW using Bash and Warcry to get my fury up. Now I don't have either tool, and I am attempting MP5-MP8ish stuff and many a time, I will just instagib when going into a pack because I can't get any buffs going or activate sprint for my tornados.

-IF- I can manage to somehow get enough rage going to start spinnin', it's GG just like the old WW build I am used to. Getting to that point is a bit tricker now tho.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CrashPrime-1734/hero/5286380 for my character sheet incase anyone's interested in seeing how I'm attempting this.

PS: Shame that the console version is being so easily hacked up with save games. I really was considering just switching to the PS3 version, but everyone's just dupeing their gold and legendaries and copying max level characters from savefiles.

Shifty76

I'm just diving back into the game (haven't touched it in months) but after the announcement that the AH is going away for good, I wanted to make sure I was ready. Sounds like I have a long time to wait, but I am having some fun toying around.

I'm trying a HotA/WW barb with a Skorn 2H axe. Seems to be a trend going right now.

I'm not quite up to the gear levels that most who use this are ... but I'm not awful.

My question is .. for those familiar with this build, how the heck am I supposed to get initial fury? I am used to the old 1H DW using Bash and Warcry to get my fury up. Now I don't have either tool, and I am attempting MP5-MP8ish stuff and many a time, I will just instagib when going into a pack because I can't get any buffs going or activate sprint for my tornados.

-IF- I can manage to somehow get enough rage going to start spinnin', it's GG just like the old WW build I am used to. Getting to that point is a bit tricker now tho.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CrashPrime-1734/hero/5286380 for my character sheet incase anyone's interested in seeing how I'm attempting this.

PS: Shame that the console version is being so easily hacked up with save games. I really was considering just switching to the PS3 version, but everyone's just dupeing their gold and legendaries and copying max level characters from savefiles.

Two options:

1) When you start in town switch a passive to unforgiving. You can cast your battle cry in town, switch out passives again, then waypoint out and start your run with a full or near full fury bar.

2) Hit an enemy until you have enough fury to cast battle cry. Once that's up, hit (or be hit) enough to cast sprint. Once you can sprint and the tornadoes start ticking you should be good to go.

V_Arnold

That's why I've never complained about always online.

Me neither! D3's always online is a must stay. It might have a shitty economy right now, it might be in shambles, but it is *real*, in a sense that it is real :p The Console version is fun, it is a good improvement in many ways, but it is..not real. It is like a daydream while you farm on PC. Awesome, ephemeral, but ends soon.

guina

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10039514450?page=11#213
Regarding the existing monster affixes. We'll be keeping an eye on these. For example, Reflects Damage internally has been changed to a flat amount rather than a percentage. I don't know if it's going to ship this way but that's the current internal version.
No more 1 shot ourselves yay, also everything Wyatt Cheng said about combat for expansion makes me believe Life Steal is going away (i know the writing was on the wall). He keeps repeating that they dont want "player's health pool to go from full to nearly empty and back to full on a regular basis very quickly".

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10039514450?page=11#213

No more 1 shot ourselves yay, also everything Wyatt Cheng said about combat for expansion makes me believe Life Steal is going away (i know the writing was on the wall). He keeps repeating that they dont want "player's health pool to go from full to nearly empty and back to full on a regular basis very quickly".

:)

Though that comment freaks me out about nirvana.

If they take out LS, will they be playing with LOH proc rates?

Yeah, if anything life replenishing (via life steal) was a LOT less spiky for me as a monk with a cookie cutter FOT/SW build than it is with nirvana and relying on LpSS/globes.

This is my concern. I feel like mitigating incoming damage spikes and reducing cool downs would make the healing too powerful.

guina

If they take out LS, will they be playing with LOH proc rates?
He posted about proc coefficients here:
We'll be doing a detailed tuning pass on all proc coefficients so Life On Hit and other effects work reliably across all skills. No single skill becomes the mandatory "go-to" because it's the only one that provides enough LoH to survive. Similarly we will ensure no skill's proc coefficient is too low to sustain you.

Rather than looking at things as buffs and nerfs to proc coefficients, think of it as the proc coefficients of skills being on equal footing with one another and the damage and healing of monsters is tuned against this baseline.

Dahbomb

Seems like LOH will be making a triumphant return. I still expect Rubies to the defacto gem to place on weapons. This also means that if LS is removed from weapons people will probably look towards getting LOH on them as a roll. Certainly not as important because LOH can be gotten on other pieces of gear for a decent amount.

MrDaravon

Honestly wondering whether or not I should try to move any of my current gear that has LS on it or not. Alternatively once I hit 60 with my Wiz wondering if I should even bother trying to get LS on whatever weapon I buy. If they are literally removing LS I have to assume that they will replace existing LS on items with an equivalent LoH based on the ilvl item, right?

Dahbomb

Yeah I don't know what's going to happen with old items that have LS. My guess is that they will keep them as "Legacy" items because they will be obsolete at top tier level anyway.

There's no AH so everything is going to be traded but I would save the LS weapons... might be worth something for trades in the future.

Yeah I don't know what's going to happen with old items that have LS. My guess is that they will keep them as "Legacy" items because they will be obsolete at top tier level anyway.

There's no AH so everything is going to be traded but I would save the LS weapons... might be worth something for trades in the future.

If they don't remove the stat I would imagine a decent one would be viable in a dual wield build. At Least for a little while.

Especially with the way the main hand effects a lot of these skills they're pushing us to. Caps on CD etc etc

A 1k+ DPS CD SOC LS weapon could be viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom