• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets post funny sales for real money from a long time ago.

My first one I saw
Untitled_zps058aff26.png

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/john385-2276/hero/2023809

just finished D3 on Inferno. My hero is up on the link.

What to do next? Seriously. I'm kinda stuck now on what to do. Getting better gear and going for the highest MP as possible seems like a good path, but where to start? Where to farm? What to do? HALP....

Well you already have better gear by about a factor of 4 from when I first completed Inferno. You're probably good to farm MP4 or 5 at least. 2 or 3 for mindless rolling.

Well you already have better gear by about a factor of 4 from when I first completed Inferno. You're probably good to farm MP4 or 5 at least. 2 or 3 for mindless rolling.
Couple of friends helped me out with the gear. ^^

WHERE should I go? That's what's bugging me. Should I go after the Hellfire ring?

V_Arnold

Couple of friends helped me out with the gear. ^^

WHERE should I go? That's what's bugging me. Should I go after the Hellfire ring?

If you want efficient farming:

Act 1 (MP1 +) : Festering Woods (get 4-5 stacks) -> [Leoric's Manor (if you do not have 5 stacks yet) ] -> Field's of Misery (kill the Warden, look for the Crypt, if spawned, clear it, best XP in the game + chest+event at the end) -> If you want to keep going, clear the area before Cemetery of the Forsaken, I cant remember the name right now :p

Act 2 (MP1 +): Go for the First outside waypoint, grab 2-3 stacks (one rare pack usually near the other side of the bridge, one-two-three packs around the area of the waypoint) -> Road To Alcarnus (1-2 elites in the first section of the Village) -> if you have 5 stacks, clear the Oasis, then clear Vault of the Assassin.

Act3 (MP0 +): Look up Alkaizer run.

If you want efficient farming:

Act 1 (MP1 +) : Festering Woods (get 4-5 stacks) -> [Leoric's Manor (if you do not have 5 stacks yet) ] -> Field's of Misery (kill the Warden, look for the Crypt, if spawned, clear it, best XP in the game + chest+event at the end) -> If you want to keep going, clear the area before Cemetery of the Forsaken, I cant remember the name right now :p

Act 2 (MP1 +): Go for the First outside waypoint, grab 2-3 stacks (one rare pack usually near the other side of the bridge, one-two-three packs around the area of the waypoint) -> Road To Alcarnus (1-2 elites in the first section of the Village) -> if you have 5 stacks, clear the Oasis, then clear Vault of the Assassin.

Act3 (MP0 +): Look up Alkaizer run.
thanks!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Here's my act 2 run (from Chazzers):

Black soulstone quest. Start by getting the Vault of the Assassin checkpoint on mp0/mp1. Leave, switch to your desired MP.

- Use your waypoint to get back to VOTA, Get 5 stacks in VOTA.

- Oasis, also do the Forgotten Ruins random dungeon which is always somewhere in there.

- Enter the channel in the NE corner of Oasis, clear west/east channel. Aqueducts is close but slightly slower. I usually do it anyway so I can continue to Desolate Sands.

- Desolate Sands

- The Storm Halls, SE ZK dungeon (get there via town portal, don't run through, too slow)

- If you have another party member, they can enter the NW ZK dungeon after and you can port to them while keeping your VOTA checkpoint.

If you have a cyclone strike monk, zones like the mines can be good as well.

Finders Keepers is good for tracking experience/hour, but it's a memory reading utility so technically bannable, up to you.

This was measured to be quite a bit faster than act 1. I'm not sure why everyone's still doing act 1 fields of misery...

biaxident

Played last night for the first time since the ps3 version came out, I remember everyone complaining about how bad the ps3 version ran and screen tears, and and all that. Hop into an act 1 farming run, start moving and the game ran like utter crap, looked 20 times worse than ps3 lol. My friend was having issues too, other friends said the same thing, is it really running this bad for you guys? Lag deaths like crazy really kill the mood...

Raticus79

Cause of the Crypt!

Yeah, must be. I'll have to try it myself sometime and see how the exp/hour compares. Chazzers was really thorough and found it wasn't faster but maybe he missed something.

I need to do some act 1 and act 3 runs to even out my key count anyway.

traveler

Not Wario
Just reinstalled this game. Had a blast playing through it originally, much more than I expected, around launch and basically considered it a wrap after beating Inferno Diablo, but I wanted to see what the current state of the game is today. They've added so much since that first June that I really have no idea what to even do. Paragon levels? Infernal machine? MP? What is all of this?

Barbs (or WDs, arguably) were the worst class when I left, but I see that now they're considered the best. Helm of Commands and Stormshields are no longer the only worthwhile legendaries/aren't even worthwhile legendaries (outside HC?) as the game appears to be all about offense now. While my <20k dps was fine for og inferno given the need to stack all resist/vit/defensive stats, it doesn't look like it will cut it for farming runs in the new game. Gold also appears to be pretty worthless now too. I built a new budget set to replace my defense heavy one on the 5 million I had based on some reading I'd done on the ww/sprint build and this is what I came up with:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gray-1737/hero/37195645

I can run fields comfortably at mp5 and efficiently at mp4, but I haven't really tried higher difficulty than that as my numbers are still pretty low. I'll work to upgrade my gear piece by piece now, but I'm not really sure how to even accomplish that as it seems like I'd need a great drop to sell to even have a chance at getting enough gold for the ah prices. Any tips?

biaxident

I can run fields comfortably at mp5 and efficiently at mp4, but I haven't really tried higher difficulty than that as my numbers are still pretty low. I'll work to upgrade my gear piece by piece now, but I'm not really sure how to even accomplish that as it seems like I'd need a great drop to sell to even have a chance at getting enough gold for the ah prices. Any tips?

Considering we were farming keys together last night for about 3 hours getting our butts kicked in Act IV constantly, we need more gold man lol. Sad that the game has come to just playing the AH, loot 2.0 can't come fast enough.

ZenaxPure

This was measured to be quite a bit faster than act 1. I'm not sure why everyone's still doing act 1 fields of misery...

Personally I do it because I really hate act 2 mobs. Fuck wasps, fuck the little guys that run around and hide underground, fuck the big guys that run around and throw shit at me, I hate all of them. I find a lot mobs in act 2 to be really annoying to fight, especially with an EF. Fields of Misery just has slower mobs that do more damage like the treants and bulls, which I prefer. Crypts is a nice bonus. Even in the plevel 60s (I just hit 70 last night) I was still getting roughly 4 to 5 bars of xp per crypt run. It doesn't always spawn though, obviously.

To be entirely honest if you really just want to skip all the AH stuff and get into murdering dudes and doing ubers/paragon grinding you should just spend the like $3 for 100 million gold on the RMAH and then upgrade your Barbarian. This is my Barbarian that I can do MP10 on (though I prefer MP8 since 10 feels too slow) and all of that gear (save the hellfire ring obviously) was bought for less than 100 mil gold total. If you're willing to spend like a measly $3 or $4 you can pretty much do one stop at the AH and then cut it out of your life for good pretty much.

Also just as a general advice thing from recent experience, if you want to keep playing dual wield WW barb you should consider switching out overpower for hammer of the ancients if you play alone. On higher MPs fighting elites is extremely tedious without it.

traveler

Not Wario
It is tempting. If I could actually spend just 3 or 4 dollars and get to mp10 off that alone, I would consider it just to secure hellfire runs at least.

Considering we were farming keys together last night for about 3 hours getting our butts kicked in Act IV constantly, we need more gold man lol. Sad that the game has come to just playing the AH, loot 2.0 can't come fast enough.

I'm enjoying it for what it is having just come back, but yeah, we took more of a beating than I would have expected. It's nice being able to sprint/ww and be super effective while doing it though, as the build was something of a joke when I left. I do think it is less effective in group play though as I found myself dropping wotb much more frequently last night than I do in solo farm even on higher mps.

biaxident

I'm enjoying it for what it is having just come back, but yeah, we took more of a beating than I would have expected. It's nice being able to sprint/ww and be super effective while doing it though, as the build was something of a joke when I left. I do think it is less effective in group play though as I found myself dropping wotb much more frequently last night than I do in solo farm even on higher mps.

My TR spec feels about the same in a group, wasn't working as well as solo play. Also was quite useless in the infernal machine last night... Any tips on a Monk build to do infernal machine? At work so I can't link my profile or d3up, but i'm pretty squishy, I couldn't even touch the seige breaker uber...

Shifty76

My TR spec feels about the same in a group, wasn't working as well as solo play. Also was quite useless in the infernal machine last night... Any tips on a Monk build to do infernal machine? At work so I can't link my profile or d3up, but i'm pretty squishy, I couldn't even touch the seige breaker uber...

Vs SB you need a decent amount of LS/LoH (depending what your dps is)

Skills I usually run with vs ubers (dual wield setup):

MoC: Overawe
Serenity: Ascension
Blinding Flash: FitL
Wave of Light (stun bell)
FoT:TC
SW: Cyclone

Passives: OWE, StI, Beacon of Ytar.

TR is not a particularly great party spec - much more suited for solo farming.

My FoT/SW spec: http://d3up.com/b/1033465/shyla-fot-sw-spec

biaxident

Vs SB you need a decent amount of LS/LoH (depending what your dps is)

Skills I usually run with vs ubers (dual wield setup):

MoC: Overawe
Serenity: Ascension
Blinding Flash: FitL
Wave of Light (stun bell)
FoT:TC
SW: Cyclone

Passives: OWE, StI, Beacon of Ytar.

TR is not a particularly great party spec - much more suited for solo farming.

My FoT/SW spec: http://d3up.com/b/1033465/shyla-fot-sw-spec

I have 4.8% LS, at about 102k sheet dps. I keep reading dual wielding is the way to go, but all I have is a 1270 dps Skorn, dual wield gets expensive to get those Won Khim Lau or Echoing Fury's. Skorn seems to only be good for TR build and that's it, so I guess I need to suck it up and get those 1h's. I also have 4 pc Inna's for the TR spec, not sure how viable that is for anything else. Never tried the stun bell before, will definitely check it out, thanks!

Shifty76

I have 4.8% LS, at about 102k sheet dps. I keep reading dual wielding is the way to go, but all I have is a 1270 dps Skorn, dual wield gets expensive to get those Won Khim Lau or Echoing Fury's. Skorn seems to only be good for TR build and that's it, so I guess I need to suck it up and get those 1h's. I also have 4 pc Inna's for the TR spec, not sure how viable that is for anything else. Never tried the stun bell before, will definitely check it out, thanks!

Dual wielding is certainly easier and cheaper to gear up to run higher MP levels, but 2H is doable - you'll likely need to spend more though as it'll require gearing without OWE in order to be able to use the passives needed to run TR while also maintaining decent defenses.

One of my buddy's ran a skorn TR build on high MP with good success: http://d3up.com/b/6572/mp10-tr so take a look at that for ideas if you do want to stick with the 2-hander.

biaxident

Dual wielding is certainly easier and cheaper to gear up to run higher MP levels, but 2H is doable - you'll likely need to spend more though as it'll require gearing without OWE in order to be able to use the passives needed to run TR while also maintaining decent defenses.

One of my buddy's ran a skorn TR build on high MP with good success: http://d3up.com/b/6572/mp10-tr so take a look at that for ideas if you do want to stick with the 2-hander.

I wouldn't mind going back to dual wield, but every time I look at 1h's, the dps drop is a solid 60k. With ok gems and stuff, ends up being 30k or so, but that's still a huge loss so i'm scared to change lol.

Shifty76

I wouldn't mind going back to dual wield, but every time I look at 1h's, the dps drop is a solid 60k. With ok gems and stuff, ends up being 30k or so, but that's still a huge loss so i'm scared to change lol.

Are you simming in both one handers on d3up when making those comparisons? The 15% IAS bonus doesn't show up with the in-game item compare, nor would whatever CD, dex etc that your offhand would provide.

WKL will nearly always show a sheet dps loss, but most of the time it's an actual dps gain (monks LOVE offsheet dps)

biaxident

Are you simming in both one handers on d3up when making those comparisons? The 15% IAS bonus doesn't show up with the in-game item compare, nor would whatever CD, dex etc that your offhand would provide.

WKL will nearly always show a sheet dps loss, but most of the time it's an actual dps gain (monks LOVE offsheet dps)

What I did last night, was buy a terrible echoing fury for like 40k (int with a socket), stuck a 80% crit gem in. Had a 900 dps rare, socket, 70% crit already on it, then stuck a 70% crit gem in it, put them both on. Sheet was showing about 83k dps, which isn't too bad really, bout 22k drop. I'd like a won khim lau, pretty expensive though, I still need to drop 2 mill on the hellfire ring pattern... I need to make the switch to dual wield, and up my AR by a solid 200 at least, but if I go dual wield I can pick up OWE again (although i've ditched alot of my cold resist gear). This is tough to do on a 2.3 mill budget, when 2 mill needs to go to hellfire lol.

Shifty76

What I did last night, was buy a terrible echoing fury for like 40k (int with a socket), stuck a 80% crit gem in. Had a 900 dps rare, socket, 70% crit already on it, then stuck a 70% crit gem in it, put them both on. Sheet was showing about 83k dps, which isn't too bad really, bout 22k drop. I'd like a won khim lau, pretty expensive though, I still need to drop 2 mill on the hellfire ring pattern... I need to make the switch to dual wield, and up my AR by a solid 200 at least, but if I go dual wield I can pick up OWE again (although i've ditched alot of my cold resist gear). This is tough to do on a 2.3 mill budget, when 2 mill needs to go to hellfire lol.

One major thing to keep in mind with dual wielding, and it doesn't show up on sheet dps, is faster attacks = LoH/LS triggering more often, more spirit generated, more cyclones spawned from SW...

Dahbomb

New datamined patch notes:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/2085...-passive-effects-item-graphics-and-much-more/

There's a note about Life Steal.
RIP
At level 70, Life Steal no longer functions.

I fucking told you guys.

RIP in peace indeed.

Also this Legendary is interesting:
When you kill an enemy, it explodes for 500% of your Life per Kill as damage to all enemies within 20 yards. You no longer benefit from your Life per Kill.

Makes Life per Kill sort of useful.

Rufus

MonsterAffixNames.txt

Wormhole - Wormhole
I don't like the sound of this.

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_644_x1 - When you kill an enemy, it explodes for 500% of your Life per Kill as damage to all enemies within 20 yards. You no longer benefit from your Life per Kill. (Previously increased chance to find Health Globes by 100%)
I DO like the sound of this. Cleave-Rupture was a lot of fun.

I fucking told you guys.

RIP in peace indeed.

Also this Legendary is interesting:

Makes Life per Kill sort of useful.

If it comes with a flat level of RD and better LOH, it won't matter.

That's a pretty sweet sounding legendary too. It could stack with EP. There was that other legendary that made mobs explode at 100% of their HP. Over 100% of enemy HP for damage there dual wielding.

My old vac monk build could be brutal. Thinking about it more, might be better solo since it has to be you that kills the mob.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This game is gonna be fucking amazing soon.

V_Arnold

By the way, "zookeeper" Witch Doctor is SOOOO Viable now.

With the RIP of lifesteal, it becomes much more important to either deal huge amounts of damage OR at least survive - 3 passives that buff dogs and one more skill slot certainly will do that job perfectly.

Now, to make pets gain your thorns and life on hit, and we are golden.

MrDaravon

Hmm, so rather than have it be a legacy stat or have existing LS items changed to LoH LS will still exist but just not work at 70? That's interesting, that also means since I probably won't play a ton between now and RoS that I need to dump most/all of my LS weapons.

biaxident

One major thing to keep in mind with dual wielding, and it doesn't show up on sheet dps, is faster attacks = LoH/LS triggering more often, more spirit generated, more cyclones spawned from SW...

Yeah, I do prefer the attack speed of dual wielding for sure, managed to do mp7 ubers no prob last night in a group, near death experience passive probably saved me 20 times lol. I keep checking the ah for won khim lau's, with a socket and LS, hard to find an 800+ dps one under 10 mill. After buying hellfire ring pattern, i'm at 700k only.

So when's this patch hitting, same time as the AH removal in March?

If anyone wants to do ubers still I'm always down to make rings, Made about 20 so far, got a Crit Chance Str + Dex ring, looking for some mega rolls with more of the CC CD AR AS rolls. Looking for a decent Int ring too, still only have a +8%AS one.

Also if anyone wants to powerlevel characters I still need to get a 2nd Wizard to 60 a 2nd DH to 60 and a 2nd Monk to 60.

Also I'd like to do the 1 hr Act runs for Act 1, 2, and 3. I'd rather do it with somebody with mumble so its less boring.

Juices#1991 if you want to do any of that.

Also I'll farm MP6-8 with anyone for the bonus party exp.

Talaysen

Shifty76

When they buffed bats.

Doesn't mean that 0dogs all of a sudden becomes bad, just that there's another option for high MP play.

I still run MP10 with several 0dogs WD's and don't notice any appreciable difference in kill speed whether they run bats or 0dogs.

Main difference is that the entry cost to run 0dogs is around a billion for a decent set vs 100m or so for a decent bats set, but then 0dogs has always been expensive compared to other WD builds.

Raticus79

Doesn't mean that 0dogs all of a sudden becomes bad, just that there's another option for high MP play.

I still run MP10 with several 0dogs WD's and don't notice any appreciable difference in kill speed whether they run bats or 0dogs.

Main difference is that the entry cost to run 0dogs is around a billion for a decent set vs 100m or so for a decent bats set, but then 0dogs has always been expensive compared to other WD builds.

I think zero dogs is going to make a massive comeback with things like the Homunculus scaled up to level 70 tier.

Shifty76

I think zero dogs is going to make a massive comeback with things like the Homunculus scaled up to level 70 tier.

Me too. I've never been able to afford to buy a Homunculus so I'm hoping I might be able to find one to make the build work. I'm holding on to the other pieces needed as I've had those forever, just never had the cash for the Homunculus.

biaxident

Only thing that worries me about Loot 2.0 and no ah, is crafting mats and gems. I played the console version, gear drops were great, but crafting a marquise gem required getting lucky on patterns, and farming gems forever. Gotten used to just buying stacks of mats on the ah and crafting the archon sets, or getting gems easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom