• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Yea Legacy Belts would be extremely valuable if they retain LS. Weapons won't be as valuable because no way anyone is going to give up 2000+ DPS on a weapon just to have LS but I can see people using Belts because you are just sacrificing one armor slot... I doubt we will see such a huge increase in core stats increase on armor pieces.

Finally dinged 60 on my Wizard earlier tonight. Man it's such a slog playing pre-60. Not only having to go through all the quests, but the lack of Nephalem Valor makes things a lot less engaging when it's the umpteenth time going through the content. Still have about 2/3s of Act 4 Hell to do though.

Right now she does about 18k DPS or so after equipping her with various pieces I had saved. Not sure on defensive stats. Can probably find some good upgrades for a couple hundred thousand. Been using a lot of Blizzard, but what are the current favored builds? Don't think I'd be able to put together a perma-freeze/crit set together in the near future, so that's out.

Something super sketch just happened.

I was browsing Hallowed Storms like I do occasionally. Along time ago I score one for cheap it had a Radiant Star Emerald in it. Scored it for 3M made a bunch.

I looked and wtf in an hour two Hallowed Storms each with Radiant Star's were selling a minute apart. One had a 9M buyout, One had a 10M buyout.

I got down to 1 min left. Put a bid in, 9M was too cheap 10M too cheap 11M my bid went in, immediately got outbid (by the way I was using a clock to get it within 2 seconds of closing so it almost had to be a bot of some kind). Second item was cancelled I think? It showed as 0 on the AH when I re-searched a minute later it expired.

Was this a single person doing this? Why? WTF just happened?

Fucking had to sell an emerald radiant I had to get the 25M just to buy the two of them now I'm out the 15% tax...cant even rebuy the gem. Dear lord. Fuck Diablo III.

Zeroth

Out of curiosity, can I buy a retail copy of Diablo 3 and then use the code that comes with it on my account to play the game normally, without actually having to use the CD at any point?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Out of curiosity, can I buy a retail copy of Diablo 3 and then use the code that comes with it on my account to play the game normally, without actually having to use the CD at any point?

You should be able to enter the CD-key on blizzards website and download it from there.

Skab

I was browsing Hallowed Storms like I do occasionally. Along time ago I score one for cheap it had a Radiant Star Emerald in it. Scored it for 3M made a bunch.

I looked and wtf in an hour two Hallowed Storms each with Radiant Star's were selling a minute apart. One had a 9M buyout, One had a 10M buyout.

I got down to 1 min left. Put a bid in, 9M was too cheap 10M too cheap 11M my bid went in, immediately got outbid (by the way I was using a clock to get it within 2 seconds of closing so it almost had to be a bot of some kind). Second item was cancelled I think? It showed as 0 on the AH when I re-searched a minute later it expired.

Fucking had to sell an emerald radiant I had to get the 25M just to buy the two of them now I'm out the 15% tax...cant even rebuy the gem. Dear lord. Fuck Diablo III.

Sounds like you just weren't the only one waiting to try and snipe it. Not really an unusual occurrence.

Yea Legacy Belts would be extremely valuable if they retain LS. Weapons won't be as valuable because no way anyone is going to give up 2000+ DPS on a weapon just to have LS but I can see people using Belts because you are just sacrificing one armor slot... I doubt we will see such a huge increase in core stats increase on armor pieces.

When the majority of ones DPS is based on their main hand like the nirvana build, I think a good one can still hold value. If they reduce damage spikes and flatten RD, it would make someone near impossible to kill. Things like EP wouldn't be affected by it either.

MrDaravon

Got my Wiz to 60 and tried to do a budget Archon build. For 21.2 mil I got this, unbuffed 143k dps and 308k ehp which I'm pretty happy with. Went bargain basement on everything, literally 15 mil of the budget was for the WH, pants and chest armor. Got lucky on some of the other stuff, spent less than a mil for the weapon and Triumvirate combined. Also have a Vile Ward I got for 150k that drops my dps about 5k and my health 2k but has 78 AR. I already seemed pretty tanky (still at 620 AR which is probably too much at this point) but I'll hold onto it just in case depending on how this works out. Extremely obvious room for improvement, but just wanted to gear her cheap and check out Archon, it seems pretty nuts. Now I just need to get through Hell so I can play Inferno and do it for real -_-

Island

Anyone want to help me get my first hellfire ring?
I have 3 machines built, but cant solo the bosses.
I can solo MP5 ok, but would like to go for a higher percent chance.

Island#1238 is my tag. I will be on for the 15 mins or so.... or add me for later!

If anyone comes across The Veiled Treasure, one of the dungeons that randomly spawns during the Wheels of Time roulette wheel thingy in Desolate Sands Act II, I'd really appreciate an invite to it.

Tag is Juices#1991. Will give 5M or so for it. Thx.

Such a stupid achievement. Get all 10 random rolls of an event that in my experience spawns about 5% of the time to begin with, is just fucking ridiculous. When I finally do get the event its a 1/10 chance now since I have 9 of them...So frustrating

Not to mention its tied to like 3 achievements, Nooks + Crannies, Wanderer of Caldeum, and the Wheel of Time achievement. Ughh.

Also I have about 25 machines or so but I no longer have tank characters so I cant go alone into MP10. I can use either my DH or Wizard but if anyone wants to do ubers send my tag a FR. Looking to make some Dex/Int Hellfires so I can paragon quicker.

I only got my first roulette earlier this week. And this is with some ~200 hours under my belt since launch. So yeah, I feel your pain.

Oh and I finally got Icefall caves last night in Act 3. That one unlocked 2 achievements for me.

There's still a few other random events I know I've never seen as well.

So today I found a Windforce in a quick 15 minute run at only 3 stacks.

Unfortunately, it's kinda shitty and the Manticore I snagged the other day for 75k outclasses it by a mile.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
(Bells calculations)

Yup, I messed up in my numbers. The relatively higher weapon DPS boost given by EF on lower APS weapons is more than compensated for by the higher return from Blinding Flash with high APS.

Re: gear swapping - there would be some advantage to swapping to a max weapon damage / APS gear set for the Blinding Flash step, but you'd have to macro it for it to be worth it (swap-100ms-BF-100ms-swap).

Daante

For a complete noob to this genre, any advice what class would be the most fun to play?

For reference I played caster dps in Wow for about 5 years, in both Demon and Dark Souls i always liked to play melee.

Il be playing on PC.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Hit 60 on my wiz today. Put random shit I have on her and now I have 30k dps. Probably another million in the ah and ill get that up higher if I care enough.

I guess I'm gonna level a monk next them a witch doctor. Goal is to get them done by the time the auction house goes down.

koji

Me neither! D3's always online is a must stay. It might have a shitty economy right now, it might be in shambles, but it is *real*, in a sense that it is real :p The Console version is fun, it is a good improvement in many ways, but it is..not real. It is like a daydream while you farm on PC. Awesome, ephemeral, but ends soon.

Yeah I really enjoy(ed) it but farming end game on the console version doesn't actually "mean" anything because of all the dupes and the hacks and shit. So yeah, playing the console version actually got me back in to playing the PC version, that and the AH news.

Cipherr

Yeah I really enjoy(ed) it but farming end game on the console version doesn't actually "mean" anything because of all the dupes and the hacks and shit. So yeah, playing the console version actually got me back in to playing the PC version, that and the AH news.

Yeah, the always online stuff sucks for some people. But it thats whats keeping the PC version from turning into the meaningless hack fest that the consoles are at this point, then fuck it, keep always online in.

Without a meaningful loot ladder the game loses so much value.

Ryan_

Anyone wanna powerlevel some alts to 60? Since there is little else to do than this.

I can carry and also have a cains set and leorics signet that I'm willing to lend out.
You must also be able to carry of course.

Hit me up on Ryan#1961

Rufus

I installed Diablo II for giggles.

Guys remember - keys, potions, scrolls, stamina, AND NOTHING STACKING EVER

And monsters hiding behind walls, 800x600, tiny stash which is not even shared, corpse runs, stupid merc AI, summons blocking everything (Maggot Lair and Arcane Sanctuary are a pain), only two keys for skills and switching between them via hotkeys constantly, getting stunlocked by everything, Duriel in normal, not being able to shift+click stuff into or out of the Horadric Cube, Barbs in LoD...

Still having fun though. Got a Skellynecro to almost 80 on my netbook because my PC was broken until recently. I had forgotten how fast you can finish a playthrough and how sharply the difficulty increases in nightmare and hell.

IceMarker

You guys forgot that you had to actually click on gold to pick it up.

XjBvNMk.gif

Tonight I found Veiled Treasure lair. Got 4 achievements connected to it.

I then crafted this
Capture_zps1f8af674.png

A 19K dps upgrade. Been trying to get AS on my previous crafted pair. Now I kinda just want alllll this plus AR lol. It never ends! Probably take a few hundred more crafts.

I crafted a Hellfire that sucked, so I put it on my follower thats +7%exp, decided to buy a 29% leorics too for more exp, decided fuckit and bought a 14% freeze Buriza.

Great night.

Z3M0G

Yah... this isn't what playing Diablo should sound like... I'm glad the AH is going away.

I just got back into the game. Finished it on Normal before with a Demon Hunter and am now playing a Barbarian. I'm enjoying the game much more this time around, likely due to my current expectations of the game. But people currently playing the game aren't really playing Diablo... they are playing a Stock Market sim or something... I can't wait for AH to be gone so people can return to actually playing Diablo agian.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yah... this isn't what playing Diablo should sound like... I'm glad the AH is going away.

I just got back into the game. Finished it on Normal before with a Demon Hunter and am now playing a Barbarian. I'm enjoying the game much more this time around, likely due to my current expectations of the game. But people currently playing the game aren't really playing Diablo... they are playing a Stock Market sim or something... I can't wait for AH to be gone so people can return to actually playing Diablo agian.

I agree. I barely bother with the AH, honestly I just use it to sell stuff and every now and then buy a cheap (<$100,000) upgrade for a slot I just can't get a drop for.

Of course, that's also why I can only farm on MP3 effectively, and why I only have a couple million gold to my name (and I've never had higher), and why I have never made even one Infernal Machine yet. I play the game with pretty much only what I find along the way.

And it's sucked hard for the most part. I've only ever found a handful of legendaries (all sucked), I am missing a lot of recipes, and I've never ever found a single set piece.

I don't use the AH, but I certainly can see WHY players do use it. Loot 2.0 and the expansion can't come soon enough for me, I HATE the droprates in Diablo III, and I'm so incredibly envious of the console players.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played in awhile but fancied a game so I just did a run and the game was so laggy. Abilities had noticeable delay, mobs were teleporting, my ping kept spiking and in general it didn't feel smooth at all. Not sure what's wrong but this never used to happen, and it doesn't happen with any other game so I'm guessing it's on their end as it seems others are having the same problem on the official forums.

Leveling has slowed down a bit but I'm still keeping a decent pace. DH at Act lll Inferno, Monk at Act l Hell, and Wizard at Act IV Nightmare. Monk got a decent ilvl 62 fist weapon with reduced level requirement from the DH that'll let him breeze through mobs for a while. Blizzcon still being over a month away is pretty agonizing, but I should have this done by then and enjoy some downtime until the RoS beta and Loot 2.0 PTR.

Zeroth

So, could anyone give a class breakdown? I'm finishing Act 3 as a Wizard, and I'm curious how it plays on endgame compared to things like Monk and Barbarian (which, as far as I've read, can farm pretty easily).

One thing about the grenades DH build I don't like is that I hardly feel like the nimble, agile hero I was with different builds at lower monster powers/difficulties. Just sitting there face-tanking hordes of mobs in my turret's bubble shield range with gloom on just doesn't quite jive. Unfortunately it's the most efficient build I've used with my current gear levels. For a Barb or Monk sure, being in the thick of things is fine, but I don't really want to be a melee/mid-range DH and I feel shoehorned into it a bit. Otherwise you're probably stuck with some variation of Elemental Arrow which I'm sick of by now.

Raticus79

One thing about the grenades DH build I don't like is that I hardly feel like the nimble, agile hero I was with different builds at lower monster powers/difficulties. Just sitting there face-tanking hordes of mobs in my turret's bubble shield range with gloom on just doesn't quite jive. Unfortunately it's the most efficient build I've used with my current gear levels. For a Barb or Monk sure, being in the thick of things is fine, but I don't really want to be a melee/mid-range DH and I feel shoehorned into it a bit. Otherwise you're probably stuck with some variation of Elemental Arrow which I'm sick of by now.

I think they really messed up the design with so many anti-ranged elite affixes. Waller, jailer, vortex, fast... it's all intended to create "unavoidable damage" and enforce the gear check aspect of the game. If there are any viable ranged builds in RoS, it'll just be because they're equally viable in melee and at range.

Boogdud

I think they really messed up the design with so many anti-ranged elite affixes. Waller, jailer, vortex, fast... it's all intended to create "unavoidable damage" and enforce the gear check aspect of the game. If there are any viable ranged builds in RoS, it'll just be because they're equally viable in melee and at range.

This was the most disappointing thing to me. I started out with my demon hunter and as I got to higher levels it was more and more prevalent that even though I used a crossbow and had all kinds of escape mechanics and ranged attacks, the game just wanted me to lob grenades 3 feet away and take it on the chin. I figured if I was going to be slogging through melee I might as well play a barb/monk and it was much more enjoyable.

But the early levels where you can actually range things with the DH were more fun.

Dartastic

Is there any chance that blizzard will allow people to somehow merge their progress on the PC to the consoles? I played the PC version to completion, and I had a pretty good time even though my pc was ass. Just tried the 360 demo and i really liked it. I would really like to play through again on the ps4 without losing progress.

hoverX

So, could anyone give a class breakdown? I'm finishing Act 3 as a Wizard, and I'm curious how it plays on endgame compared to things like Monk and Barbarian (which, as far as I've read, can farm pretty easily).

I'd be interested in this too. I've got a lvl 37 Monk but starting to play a wizard as well. Don't know if I can invest in 2 characters all the way to 60.

neoism

Is there any chance that blizzard will allow people to somehow merge their progress on the PC to the consoles? I played the PC version to completion, and I had a pretty good time even though my pc was ass. Just tried the 360 demo and i really liked it. I would really like to play through again on the ps4 without losing progress.

nope

Raticus79

Welp, about time to finish up my push to p100 on my wizard. 5-ish hours to go.

I'll be on with my usual wiz/monk duo box doing my mp10 act 2 run if anyone wants to hop in, here for about 5 hours. Raticus79#1110

ZenaxPure

I think decaying crypts level 1 is my favorite room in the entire game as a WW barb, I get a lot of enjoyment trying to see how high I can get my massacre count. This run I just finished is my best so far and that was with me killing everything on the floor except what's in the picture. I think the only way I could get it any higher is if I purposefully sat around letting the lady zombies spit out more normal zombies, but, that'd probably be boring.

Raticus79

Second P100 down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HUgO1z9PUI
The sync turned out pretty well considering I had started that track like 45 minutes ago and just let it go from there.

I'm playing both classes here. Getting sloppy at the end of those 5 hours, lol.
Monk: http://d3up.com/b/1117556
Wizard: http://d3up.com/b/457722

Gear still kind of sucks after all this time. Looking forward to the improved self-progression in RoS.

It'll be nice to go back to playing a single account. It's quite a bit faster but burns you out faster too . I was doing the duo thing to finish off the wizard, but now I'm just going to start a second monk on my primary account and reuse that p100 monk gear.

Duress

So I found a manticore with 2 sockets and 100 intellect on it. I'm fairly sure the damage is in the 1000s. Is it worth much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom