• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

Only thing that worries me about Loot 2.0 and no ah, is crafting mats and gems. I played the console version, gear drops were great, but crafting a marquise gem required getting lucky on patterns, and farming gems forever. Gotten used to just buying stacks of mats on the ah and crafting the archon sets, or getting gems easily.

Yeah my hope is they either reduce the upgrading cost (2 rather than 3 is plenty) or actually have higher level gems have a chance of dropping in game.

biaxident

Yeah my hope is they either reduce the upgrading cost (2 rather than 3 is plenty) or actually have higher level gems have a chance of dropping in game.

Yeah in the console you only needed 2 gems, which helped some. Maybe make bosses drop higher gems? Would be a nice use for ubers too, having a chance to drop very high level gems.

traveler

Not Wario
There was speculation- baseless, more like wishful thinking- on the diablo incgamers podcast that they might keep a commodities market even once the ah is gone for things like gems and mats. I don't see why that would really provoke the same kind of rage the ah proper has, so I hope they at least consider that as a solution. Could also serve as a baseline for gear barter as well much like how SoJs did in D2.

lordy88

Here's my favorite of the "Let's post things we sold a really long time ago!"

I bought these gloves for 1.5 million gold, then flipped them for $54.99 on the AH:

jBJqdat.jpg

The funny part? It was 2 days before the 1.03 patch when they nerfed the hell of out of IAS. These gloves were at 17% IAS when they were bought, only to drop to 8% 2 days later.

I couldn't believe it.

Cipherr

That's a pretty awful hack to get rid of life steal. Hurray your character literally gets less effective as you level up until you find better gear. That's just terrible design.

I think I'm okay with it going away, I just think that is probably the absolutely worst way they could go about it.

Welp I cannot think of any other way they could have done it. Lifesteal needed to go... Had they just stopped putting it on higher level gear, people would have been hording/wearing level 60 lifesteal belts on their barbs at level cap because the stat is just so powerful.

They could have retroactively removed Life Steal from every item in the game and replaced it with LOH, but some people would have been annoyed by that too.

Forget it, cut your losses and remove the cancer, all of it, Auction House included and start fresh. Its the only way.

Ashodin

Welp I cannot think of any other way they could have done it. Lifesteal needed to go... Had they just stopped putting it on higher level gear, people would have been hording/wearing level 60 lifesteal belts on their barbs at level cap because the stat is just so powerful.

They could have retroactively removed Life Steal from every item in the game and replaced it with LOH, but some people would have been annoyed by that too.

Forget it, cut your losses and remove the cancer, all of it, Auction House included and start fresh. Its the only way.
The game is going to feel so different when the expac releases. I love it!

Here's my favorite of the "Let's post things we sold a really long time ago!"

I bought these gloves for 1.5 million gold, then flipped them for $54.99 on the AH:

The funny part? It was 2 days before the 1.03 patch when they nerfed the hell of out of IAS. These gloves were at 17% IAS when they were bought, only to drop to 8% 2 days later.

I couldn't believe it.

Wowww that's crazy lol

biaxident

Yeah life steal needs to go, having your health yo yo back and forth is a bit ridiculous. Using wave of light on a pack of 50 mobs with 5% life steal is an ungodly heal every few seconds. I am looking forward to trying different builds and such, we actually may have to go back to early inferno days of having a defensive build, shocker!! Since they're making damage reflect do a fixed amount instead of %, shouldn't be that bad at all.

RangerX

Banned
Man when the new patch comes this game really will be the game we all wanted and expected. really looking forward to it. Actually there is still one area where it will never top D2 and thats art style. I still can't get over the warcraftisisation of the game. D2 was Dark fantasy And was bleak and gothic. Maybe RoS will be different.

Sothpaw

So stat caps are removed and Torment difficulty? I love this datamining stuff so much.

I really think D3 is going to be amazing with ROS.

Radec

Anybody wanna help me in Uber?

I got 3 keys, I got a monk farming MP8 (can't do mp10 yet).

hit me up in US server, theEnemy#1243

Audioboxer

Got my Demon Hunter up to level 36, first character on the PS3. Kind of missing my Barbarian from my PC copy.

Isn't GAF quite pro-barbarian?

Sothpaw

Got my Demon Hunter up to level 36, first character on the PS3. Kind of missing my Barbarian from my PC copy.

Isn't GAF quite pro-barbarian?

Console version is pretty much a waste at this point. It may be fun now (if you can tolerate auto aim and imprecise controls) but in a few months the PC version is going to be superior in every way. Might as well hop on your barb or do what I'm doing and finish Inferno with every class. DH is last to go and is already level 47.

Audioboxer

Console version is pretty much a waste at this point. It may be fun now (if you can tolerate auto aim and imprecise controls) but in a few months the PC version is going to be superior in every way. Might as well hop on your barb or do what I'm doing and finish Inferno with every class. DH is last to go and is already level 47.

Me and my GF enjoy it. I mean I'll probably agree with you PC version destroys it, but we are still having fun. Her laptop struggles to run the PC version so at least on PS3 we are experiencing something that's on par.

MrDaravon

Legendaries only unlock transmog appearances when identified - existing ID'd items don't work:

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/274866-consider-legendaries-for-transmogrification/

D'oh. At least it wasn't too expensive to collect them. Nice to have confirmation that it works with Legendaries - apparently it doesn't in WOW.

Well shit, I need to offload a couple hundred legendaries now lol. At least I'm glad we found this out now and I didn't have multiple full characters and a stash for months.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Well shit, I need to offload a couple hundred legendaries now lol. At least I'm glad we found this out now and I didn't have multiple full characters and a stash for months.

I'd hold off unloading them for now. I expect some backlash on this. I'm waiting to see how it plays out.

So how do we go about finding the desired unidentified legendaries? Hanging around in trade chat and keep asking? That's going to be fun (and a taste of life after the AH is gone).

V_Arnold

So how do we go about finding the desired unidentified legendaries? Hanging around in trade chat and keep asking? That's going to be fun (and a taste of life after the AH is gone).

For one thing, it will make every legendary drop just a LITTLE more interesting. Since even if the item is shit, you gained a new skin. Also, are not guilds coming to this game as well? Or am I hallucinating, and get this update confused with POE 1.0?

V_Arnold

If you think CM is fun, play that until you get sick of it.
I played that for a longer period of time, now I cant even look at it.

Plus, that Crit chance is rather low, is not it? 35-40% is more like it, that can GREATLY increase your efficiency with it.

Zeroth

If you think CM is fun, play that until you get sick of it.
I played that for a longer period of time, now I cant even look at it.

Plus, that Crit chance is rather low, is not it? 35-40% is more like it, that can GREATLY increase your efficiency with it.

It's funny, my CC is over 50%, but I can't bother to play CM, Archon is simply more fun, even if more limiting.

Skab

It looks like Hell and Nightmare are being merged into a difficulty called Torment.

They are removing a difficulty from the looks of it, and consolidating them.

That's dumb.

If youre going to reduce it down to 3 difficulties, and are going to have to go back and adjust stuff to make sure its tuned properly, why come up with a new name? Just use Normal, Nightmare, and Hell like you always have.

I don't understand why Blizzard is so hell bent on getting as far away from D2 as they can.

Zeroth

That's dumb.

If youre going to reduce it down to 3 difficulties, and are going to have to go back and adjust stuff to make sure its tuned properly, why come up with a new name? Just use Normal, Nightmare, and Hell like you always have.

I don't understand why Blizzard is so hell bent on getting as far away from D2 as they can.

Funny enough, Torment is already used instead of Hell in languages where Hell translates to Inferno (like Portuguese, and Spanish too I believe).

Raptomex

I'm happy to hear they're closing down the AH. I may reinstall afterwards. Now remove the constant online thing and they could possibly save this game.

V_Arnold

I'm happy to hear they're closing down the AH. I may reinstall afterwards. Now remove the constant online thing and they could possibly save this game.

Not going to happen, and thankfully so. We do not need hacked offline, we do not need hacked online characters, broken endgames and solved loot numbers. The only game with a relatively non-broken endgame economy right now is Path of Exile, which cannot be played offline in any way, shape or form. Both Torchlight 2 and D3 Console failed spectacularly in estabilishing an endgame and a community formed around them. PC D3 has community and has endgame economy, but it resembles of the real life with the 1%-99% distribution, that is for sure. But it is at least real, and Loot 2.0/AH removal shall fix it easily.

Zeroth

Not going to happen, and thankfully so. We do not need hacked offline, we do not need hacked online characters, broken endgames and solved loot numbers. The only game with a relatively non-broken endgame economy right now is Path of Exile, which cannot be played offline in any way, shape or form. Both Torchlight 2 and D3 Console failed spectacularly in estabilishing an endgame and a community formed around them. PC D3 has community and has endgame economy, but it resembles of the real life with the 1%-99% distribution, that is for sure. But it is at least real, and Loot 2.0/AH removal shall fix it easily.

I'm going to assume the people who can actually afford 1B+ items are part of the 1% then. I was wondering how the health was distributed among the players, and the higher bids always seemed a bit off.

Raptomex

I've played T2 a lot more because of the 2 issues I have stated with D3 among other reasons. I don't want to rely on other people (AH) to get great items or get great items quicker and I want to be able to run my game with or without internet. I've never used the AH and I'm glad to see it go. I'm always connected to the internet so it's not really a problem but it's not the point. If I was to lose internet for whatever reason it would end up like "well I have nothing to do, I'll play some Diablo 3... oh wait". I understand PoE requires the internet. Then again it's F2P and was advertised as such as far as I know. I may play it when it comes to Steam, we'll see.

I always find it interesting when folks give POE a pass for being always online because it's free. Apparently all the philosophical objections to always online DRM are worth exactly $60.

V_Arnold

I always find it interesting when folks give POE a pass for being always online because it's free. Apparently all the philosophical objections to always online DRM are worth exactly $60.

Not to mention that if someone MADE money with RMAH in D3, then..suddenly D3 was free after all! Or if it was part of the Annual Pass - basically free, again.

Raptomex: I understand your point of view, of course. D3 is not for you then.

fanboi

Banned

Haha, this is an excellenet comparison.

And now people will tell you that it wasn't that but the RMAH.

Sothpaw

This is the truth. TL2 was fun for a single playthrough, but that's all it's good for. D3 console is what it is, a shallow experience full of hacks with no economy (and it didn't sell well at all so it will be interesting to see if Blizz even bothers with ROS for console).

D3 PC ROS Loot 2.0 sounds like the definitive ARPG and I can't wait. I did give POE a solid shot and while the economy is pretty great, the gameplay itself isn't as fun as D3's.

Boken

Banned
I really need to get on the horn with Blizzard to get my lost authenticator taken off my account so I can play again :*(

i had this problem.

you dont even have to call them to remove it anymore, just submitted a ticket and 4 days later i got an email back telling me the auth is off the acct

i had this problem.

you dont even have to call them to remove it anymore, just submitted a ticket and 4 days later i got an email back telling me the auth is off the acct

My wife had this problem. We called and got it taken care of, the blizz support guy was solid. Was a little dicey there for a minute, she had to guess on the card number digits tied to her account because it was an old card she doesn't use anymore. :p

Zeroth

Looks like the RNG gods compensated for all my farming today with no legendaries (while a guy in my group got 4 in one chapter). Got a Tal Rasha chest on my second kill tonight (I didn't even have NV). Not going to identify it until that change appearance thing is reversed.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
If I got this amulet I would sell it instantly for huge amounts of gold. That will be more useful down the line when the patch/RoS come out.

Skab

If I got this amulet I would sell it instantly for huge amounts of gold. That will be more useful down the line when the patch/RoS come out.

Gold is going to be worthless come RoS. There is just to much of it floating around now and there will be no AH to dump it in to.

V_Arnold

Gold is going to be worthless come RoS. There is just to much of it floating around now and there will be no AH to dump it in to.

It is not going to be worthless. Gold can still be a more effecting measurement of trade than any other stuff in the game, unless we really want the Stone Age of Path of Exile-style bartering (which only helps the sharks....).

Besides, gold will always be relevant, more so than ever in D2. Why?
a. It does not come THAT fast, especially if you keep on crafting
b. The mystic will be introduced, and the devs plan on setting the prices relatively high.
c. Do not let current rich player's pockets fool you, it is pretty much impossible to get 1,000,000,000 gold ingame without selling stuff in the AH. You do not get millions per hours unless. Realistically, it is much, much lower. And that means that gold is actually a second bottleneck to all-around crafting, in addition to Demonic Essence.

biaxident

It is not going to be worthless. Gold can still be a more effecting measurement of trade than any other stuff in the game, unless we really want the Stone Age of Path of Exile-style bartering (which only helps the sharks....).

Besides, gold will always be relevant, more so than ever in D2. Why?
a. It does not come THAT fast, especially if you keep on crafting
b. The mystic will be introduced, and the devs plan on setting the prices relatively high.
c. Do not let current rich player's pockets fool you, it is pretty much impossible to get 1,000,000,000 gold ingame without selling stuff in the AH. You do not get millions per hours unless. Realistically, it is much, much lower. And that means that gold is actually a second bottleneck to all-around crafting, in addition to Demonic Essence.

True enough, but if bidding was up to 120 bill, do you really need that much for crafting and stuff? Take a decent chunk of gold, then sell the rest on the rmah, profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom