• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

True enough, but if bidding was up to 120 bill, do you really need that much for crafting and stuff? Take a decent chunk of gold, then sell the rest on the rmah, profit.

Yeah, I would not sell that amulet for gold, that is for sure. That is too much unneeded money anyway. Put it into RMAH, cash out, bam. And start anew with the ladders coming in Loot 2.0/exp.

Radec

Stolen from Reddit, but someone got this amulet drop, has to be #1 Barb amulet in the world. Fucking insane. Bidding is currently up to 120 billion lol

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=69005026&f=190&o=0

superamy_zps554e17a6.png

can't see it now :/

whats the stats btw ?

Is the image down for some people? All that stuff, and don't forget the +damage too.

33-61 damage
330 str
97 vit
9 ias
98 critd
10 crit

Full stats so that you can properly /boggle =D

biaxident

So I'm coming back to D3 after a really long hiatus. I'm assuming a lot has changed.

Previously had a WW barb and I'm sure my gear is crap now compared to before.

What should I look to be upgrading? Are WW barbs useless now?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VoxPop-1238/hero/1961915

On the contrary, WW bars with sprint builds is like the best build in the game. Make those sprint tornado's, keep wrath up 100% of the time, and WW constantly, and just watch your paragon bar go up lol. Gear wise I don't really know barbs all that well, but get those new crafting patterns for bracers, gloves, shoulders, and amulet, and start rolling the dice. They're called Archon Spaulders of Strength, and similar names.

Sothpaw

So I'm coming back to D3 after a really long hiatus. I'm assuming a lot has changed.

Previously had a WW barb and I'm sure my gear is crap now compared to before.

What should I look to be upgrading? Are WW barbs useless now?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VoxPop-1238/hero/1961915

Check out the official forums for a guide then spend $3 for 150M gold and have fun. ROS is looking like the real deal you're coming back at a good time.

MrDaravon

Someone re-hosted the image.

SM4i6Vp.png

My favorite part is the first image was full screen and you could see that the guy's DPS was already over 500k, and this still gave him a 42k dps boost which is ridiculous.

So let me get this straight: they're removing the RMAH, giving us drops we'll actually want, AND introducing a ladder system?

Why isn't this shit out right now tho

Lotta changes sound really good. D3 fixed the one huge thing that's always bugged me about loot-based ARPGs like Borderlands and the like. In a game where you're basically doing the same thing for hundreds of hours, the core combat loop better make me want to do it for that long, and D3 had that. The moment-to-moment gameplay feels better than anything in D2, PoE, TL2, anything else you wanna name.

But the loot was ass, and the economy was ass, and the rare/legendaries often were just junk, and the difficulty balance was out of whack. But it does seem they're fixing a lot of that, or have since launch.

I also really like the idea of ladders, just everybody starting on the same foot and kinda competing with each other(even though its really about who puts the most time in the game not skill but whatever). And Loot runs!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It must be nice having so much money you can spend $8200 on a necklace.

I have no real interest in playing right now, but everything about the expansion makes me drool. I wish I could fast forward a few months.

Dahbomb

So let me get this straight: they're removing the RMAH, giving us drops we'll actually want, AND introducing a ladder system?

Why isn't this shit out right now tho
Most of that stuff is coming soon. The rest needs more balancing, tweaking and testing while other stuff still isn't finalized. Like Blizzard still doesn't know what the hell they want to do with CC/CD/IAS.

Also with the next gen announcement they probably want to build up more hype leading to the game's release.

Fularu

Banned
your giving blizz to much credit... Im thinking feb at the earliest... and may for ROS... :(

March is a prety safe bet for RoS. The next WoW xpac will be out next may and I doubt Blizzard feels like having 3 (maybe even 4) concurent betas.

Expect RoS beta after Blizzcon and Xpac 5 beta in January, when most top end guilds will have HM SoO on farm.

Ya know, I hear a lot of complaints about D3's endgame, and I'm a pretty casual Diablo fan so maybe I'm confused with whatever exactly people want? Despite the always-online DRM, its not really a MMO. It has a linear campaign with a beginning and an ending. They're aren't any tedious daily quests and PVPing battlegrounds. Its a very simple formula of clicking on things until they die, then leveling up/picking up the loot so you can kill more things. You do that for 20-100 hours, and there ya go And hey, a fun 100+ hours that's this polished is pretty rare these days!

IDK, it always seemed to me like ARPGs in the Diablo mold always had a natural shelf life. You click on things until you're tired of clicking on things, and that's that. What else do you want?

Dahbomb

Ya know, I hear a lot of complaints about D3's endgame, and I'm a pretty casual Diablo fan so maybe I'm confused with whatever exactly people want? Despite the always-online DRM, its not really a MMO. It has a linear campaign with a beginning and an ending. They're aren't any tedious daily quests and PVPing battlegrounds. Its a very simple formula of clicking on things until they die, then leveling up/picking up the loot so you can kill more things. You do that for 20-100 hours, and there ya go And hey, a fun 100+ hours that's this polished is pretty rare these days!

IDK, it always seemed to me like ARPGs in the Diablo mold always had a natural shelf life. You click on things until you're tired of clicking on things, and that's that. What else do you want?
The problem of the end game is in comparison to D2.

*Non randomized tilesets for the most part. You generally know what to expect in a given run and the general path of locations. This is being changed with Loot Runs.

*Loot generally sucks as does the itemization. Everyone wants the same shit there is hardly any variety. This is getting changed apparently with Loot 2.0.

*Builds are very linear and the game generally lacks diversity in builds. Supposedly being changed.

*No PVP no Ladders. These things are being added.

I still think class diversity will be lacking in the expansion as will the itemization even in the expansion but there will be more stuff to do and Ladders will keep people playing just for the rankings. Those are simply core issues with the game that aren't really being fixed.

Honestly the end game situation has been getting better and better in D3. There was a time when there were no Monster Power levels, no Paragon levels and absolutely garbage Legendaries/loot along with completely fucked up difficulty setting on Inferno.

Shifty76

The problem of the end game is in comparison to D2.

*Non randomized tilesets for the most part. You generally know what to expect in a given run and the general path of locations. This is being changed with Loot Runs.

*Loot generally sucks as does the itemization. Everyone wants the same shit there is hardly any variety. This is getting changed apparently with Loot 2.0.

*Builds are very linear and the game generally lacks diversity in builds. Supposedly being changed.

*No PVP no Ladders. These things are being added.

I still think class diversity will be lacking in the expansion as will the itemization even in the expansion but there will be more stuff to do and Ladders will keep people playing just for the rankings. Those are simply core issues with the game that aren't really being fixed.

Honestly the end game situation has been getting better and better in D3. There was a time when there were no Monster Power levels, no Paragon levels and absolutely garbage Legendaries/loot along with completely fucked up difficulty setting on Inferno.

I don't get the argument about class diversity. On monk alone I have 5-6 different builds that I'll cycle through, and each is efficient at different things.

Wizard you have CMWW, sleet storm, and archon for the big three.

People bring up D2 when mentioning build diversity, but even in D2 you'd have 3-4 popular builds per character that most people would stick to. Sure , you could do something different that wasn't as efficient, but you can do that in D3 too.

I get the argument about having legendaries that you could build a class around, such as ribcracker for firebears, but they've said they're addressing that with loot 2.0.

Dahbomb

The Monk and Wizard are probably the better classes in terms of having more than a couple of builds. The DH on the other hand is really bad with builds. Still doesn't compare to something like Meteor or Teleporter MF Wizard in D2.

Even with the Monk most builds use the same skills (like Cyclone amd Thunderclap). I think these things will be addressed in the expansion though.

MrDaravon

New (?) changelist: http://www.diablofans.com/news/2115...ts-new-passive-effects-massive-class-changes/

Cluster Grenades : Throw cluster grenades that deal 185% weapon damage as Fire over a 36 yard radius. (Damage up from 112%)

lol wat

Some interesting bits in here, I haven't been keeping up too much with the nitty gritty on these so I don't feel like I can comment too much, will leave others here for that. I did notice that they removed the movement speed bonus while Tempest Rushing, so that hurts that build pretty badly (kills it?). Wait, did they buff Archon? What the shit?

Dahbomb

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_649_x1 - Removes the cooldown of Seven-Sided Strike.
Loaded for Bear : Increase the damage of the explosion at the impact location to 770% weapon damage as Fire. (Damage up from 405%)
Cluster Bombs : Launch a cluster through the air, dropping grenades in a straight line that each explode for 800% weapon damage as Fire. (Damage up from 280%)
iG6mdmmIKbCI5.gif

LOL they nerfed Gloom again. We get it Blizzard, you don't want DH to use that skill anymore.

They almost doubled just about every DH skill there.

Actually they buffed a majority of resource dependent damage dealers in the game. A lot of values are essentially doubled. I don't know why they are doing this, seems like a system wide thing almost.

Ashodin

Oh my. My DH needs to look at these changes. I think he's gonna explode at the awesome.

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_652_x1 - Heal for 1% of your maximum Life per second for each enemy affected by a damage over time skill.

Oh fuck grenade melee build you just got buffed

Shuriken Cloud : Surround yourself with a cloud of spinning Chakrams, dealing 200% weapon damage per second as Physical to nearby enemies. Lasts 120 seconds. (Damage up from 50%)

What the fuck!

Wow Prep super nerfed. Fuck!

Skab

Still looking over everything, but I like the Zombie Charger/Wall of Zombies rune swaps.

(Pile on and Dead Rush swapped over to being Zombie Charger runes, while Wall gets two new ones.)

Edit: WHOA WHOA WHOA

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_677_x1 - Crushings blows have a chance to spawn a health globe.

Crushing blows are back?

Dahbomb

Yeah Blizz doesn't want DHs using Gloom and Prep anymore. Only skills that have actually gotten progressively more nerfed in these data mines.

Woorloog

Banned
Looking at that list of damage buffs... i wonder if monsters are getting a health-buff? Or are they intending the game to be faster, and perhaps encourage more use of Monster Power/Masters (for consoles)?

MrDaravon

Yeah Blizz doesn't want DHs using Gloom and Prep anymore. Only skills that have actually gotten progressively more nerfed in these data mines.

They did double the LoH returns on Shadow Power and Gloom though. The Prep nerfs suck mainly because it seems like that's the only thing that would hold permastrafe back from actually being viable at higher MPs now since everything else about it (including Shuriken Cloud if you ran that) got buffed a lot.

Too many changes and not enough known about gear drops, I don't want to even speculate too much on any of this until we actually get our hands on a PTR or something.

Wool

Is anyone still interested in fighting the Uber bosses for a Hellfire Ring? I just got back into the game and I've got two Infernal Machines. If somebody else has a machine or wanted to work on getting keys with me, my username is BobSeger#1262.

I can do monster power 5 pretty easily. Monster power 6 I'll die occasionally but I could do it.

Sothpaw

Bogadile : A giant bogadile emerges from the pool of water and bites a monster dealing 840%weapon damage.

It's funny because walking to my car after work I thought that one of the runes should have a giant great white shark jump out of the pool and devour a monster. GJ blizz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom