• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

GAF please advise. I seem to be stuck going forward on my Monk.

http://d3up.com/b/1182991

I ended up in an ok place DPS wise but I feel like my skills are meh, my defensive stats are lacking and my weapons have terribad minimum dps.

Do I keep One with Everything and find one defensive stat I like and replace pieces slowly with that or do I do like I did with my WD and stack All Resist.

As far as the weapons I understand LS is being removed but do I switch to LOH. I wasnt able to leave MP3 until I found my LS weapon.

WD for reference: http://d3up.com/b/1183003

He feels much more solid going into MP 6. I feel like the Monk can do it but the farthest I have taken her is MP5 with a 2 player party.

For passives I'd switch out Guardian's Path - it's not great for dual wield. I'd put combo strike in it's place, then for active skills get rid of BoH (you really shouldn't need to rely on skills to heal you) and add in WotHF:Blazing FIsts for a nice dps boost. Just use WotHF to get the stack going then switch back to FoT, tapping WotHF each time the stack needs refreshing.

Serenity I'd switch to Ascension rune. Again - you shouldn't need to rely on your skills for healing - LS should be sufficient.

Speaking of LS, I'd really try to get dual LS. That EF however is a real problem piece for you since it contains a ton of vit. Keep vit off weapons and jewelry as much as possible, especially in large quantities as it makes replacing them a pain in the ass as you need to make up that vit elsewhere.

You have OWE yet you're not stacking any particular single resist, making it a wasted passive. Your resists are in a really bad spot right now, so I'd keep it but focus on adding single resist where you can. Those shoulders are decent so I'd probably pick physical resist as the one to stack, so get that wherever you can.

Lacuni's are ok for dps but suck for ehp - I'd replace them with a rare dex craft and try for cc/50+ res/vit.

You have more than enough armour so I'd switch the chest to a Tal's with 40+ phys resist and 200+ vit - this helps with resist and replacing that vit on your EF.

That'd mean switching helm to Inna's to keep the 2pc, so I'd look for 5.5+ cc, 40+ phys, 60+ AR and as much dex/vit as you can get.

Witching Hour I'd get some resist on. Skip vit if you have to in order to keep the price down.

Ring 2 switch that resist to phys - lightning does nothing for you.

Oh, your higher avg dmg weapon should be your mainhand for bells too as bells use mainhand dmg, so switch offhand to mainhand. You'd probably get more dps out of a lower dps one but with native CD on it though - sim on d3up to check first though.

I'll link my two monk setups if you're interested - both can run MP10 equally well. FoT/SW is lower dmg but basically never dies, and nirvana does a TON of dmg, but dies occasionally (no LS is tricky!)

FoT/SW
Nirvana

Azulsky

For passives I'd switch out Guardian's Path - it's not great for dual wield. I'd put combo strike in it's place, then for active skills get rid of BoH (you really shouldn't need to rely on skills to heal you) and add in WotHF:Blazing FIsts for a nice dps boost. Just use WotHF to get the stack going then switch back to FoT, tapping WotHF each time the stack needs refreshing.

Serenity I'd switch to Ascension rune. Again - you shouldn't need to rely on your skills for healing - LS should be sufficient.

Speaking of LS, I'd really try to get dual LS. That EF however is a real problem piece for you since it contains a ton of vit. Keep vit off weapons and jewelry as much as possible, especially in large quantities as it makes replacing them a pain in the ass as you need to make up that vit elsewhere.

You have OWE yet you're not stacking any particular single resist, making it a wasted passive. Your resists are in a really bad spot right now, so I'd keep it but focus on adding single resist where you can. Those shoulders are decent so I'd probably pick physical resist as the one to stack, so get that wherever you can.

Lacuni's are ok for dps but suck for ehp - I'd replace them with a rare dex craft and try for cc/50+ res/vit.

You have more than enough armour so I'd switch the chest to a Tal's with 40+ phys resist and 200+ vit - this helps with resist and replacing that vit on your EF.

That'd mean switching helm to Inna's to keep the 2pc, so I'd look for 5.5+ cc, 40+ phys, 60+ AR and as much dex/vit as you can get.

Witching Hour I'd get some resist on. Skip vit if you have to in order to keep the price down.

Ring 2 switch that resist to phys - lightning does nothing for you.

Oh, your higher avg dmg weapon should be your mainhand for bells too as bells use mainhand dmg, so switch offhand to mainhand. You'd probably get more dps out of a lower dps one but with native CD on it though - sim on d3up to check first though.

I'll link my two monk setups if you're interested - both can run MP10 equally well. FoT/SW is lower dmg but basically never dies, and nirvana does a TON of dmg, but dies occasionally (no LS is tricky!)

FoT/SW
Nirvana

Thanks for the detailed response. I was able to pick up a good yellow bracer that picked up my resists to 420. Im trying to orchestrate swapping the innas helm + tal chest with my current set so i can maintain HP.

I will have to get used to the dual generator build but the buffed damage more than compensates for the interim dps losses i am getting during this gear switch.

Shifty76

Hit Paragon 98 and got my first set chest item!! Too bad it was a Tal Rasha's...

Going to grind through and try to hit 99 today. Almost at 200 Demonic Essence's...what would you guys recommend I craft for my Barb?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/suffah-1877/hero/28169863

Bracers, gloves, vit shoulders, in that order.
My barb if you're interested but I think I must have had some kind of buff active when I logged as I'm usually around 300k dps with scoundrel.

Tal's chest can be fantastic depending what you get for the rolls.

MrDaravon

Bracers, gloves, vit shoulders, in that order.
My barb if you're interested but I think I must have had some kind of buff active when I logged as I'm usually around 300k dps with scoundrel.

Tal's chest can be fantastic depending what you get for the rolls.

Shifty - recommending Tal chests since 1974 :p

I've currently gone one on my Monk, but I want to try to drop OWE before the expansion hits so I maaaay wind up going with an Inna chest, but I'm a ways off from actually doing that so I haven't sat down and done the math/costs on that so I'm not sure if that'll actually be a better option or not.

Shifty76

Shifty - recommending Tal chests since 1974 :p

I've currently gone one on my Monk, but I want to try to drop OWE before the expansion hits so I maaaay wind up going with an Inna chest, but I'm a ways off from actually doing that so I haven't sat down and done the math/costs on that so I'm not sure if that'll actually be a better option or not.

Inna's works for sure. AR Tal's are ridiculously expensive. Cheaper option with great ehp but a bit less dps is Blackthornes. Can get AR, 250+ vit and 600+ armour for 10m or less if you shop around.

MrDaravon

Inna's works for sure. AR Tal's are ridiculously expensive. Cheaper option with great ehp but a bit less dps is Blackthornes. Can get AR, 250+ vit and 600+ armour for 10m or less if you shop around.

Hmm, I hadn't even considered Blackthorne's, I'll keep that in mind!

Speaking from experience with a few hundred hours on the console version, OWE is going to be almost a moot point once the expansion hits since:

1)AR seems to drop like candy for rolls instead of specific resists, and
2)Without an AH you would have to get realllly specific/lucky with trading

MrDaravon

I love completely accidental upgrades from the AH. Was pricing a pair of gloves I found and stumbled across this right when it went up for 3 million lol:

KJJfoym.jpg

Not super amazing, but pretty damn solid, was a good ~6k dps increase over my crafted gloves on my Wizard. Accidental deals and unintentional flips are one thing I will kind of miss when the AH goes away.

Helscream

Banned
I know this can range on the monster power difficulty and the gear a person is using, but is there a consensus on many lifetime kills a player normally has when they hit paragon 100? I am asking this because I just hit paragon 100 on the PS3 version last night and I am at 665k kills. The lack of enemy density makes it take a long ass time, but it seems I am getting less experience per kill even on M5 difficulty.

Sothpaw

Not Hearthstone... Heroes of the Storm the MOBA game. That's what I want.

I'm looking forward to that as well. Thing is DOTA 2 is so good that I really don't need another moba. HS and card games are totally new to me so I can't wait to finally play.

Really excited for this weekend. Should be an amazing Blizzcon.

MrDaravon

I know this can range on the monster power difficulty and the gear a person is using, but is there a consensus on many lifetime kills a player normally has when they hit paragon 100? I am asking this because I just hit paragon 100 on the PS3 version last night and I am at 665k kills. The lack of enemy density makes it take a long ass time, but it seems I am getting less experience per kill even on M5 difficulty.

I don't remember the console version showing that anywhere. Does it show elite kills? On the PC version as far as I can tell bnet only shows you elite kills per character, then an overall lifetime kills between all your characters. I've got a bunch of characters at various levels and from before Paragon was introduced, so I can't give you a good comparison sorry :(. You'll need someone who only has one character and started (or at least mostly) after Paragon was introduced.

Helscream

Banned
Well when your view your profile it list lifetime kills and lifetime elite kills between all characters. I did some browsing on Bnet and looked at some random PC profiles some seem to be below 150k lifetime kills, but would have a character at paragon 100. I just have a theory that the PS3 version is granting a player less EXP per kill. I don't have any solid evidence, but its just a itch I have.

Pehesse

Pretty LTTP, and I was super skeptic after thoroughly disliking the PC version, but playing the witch doctor on PS3 has been a blast so far !

Is it okay to post a little fanart to gush over that awesome character ?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Why does the lady in the middle of the row of characters at the bottom of the clan pic have backward bendy robot legs?

Can't wait to see the craziest build contests being organized based on how ridiculous some of the new legendaries are. Going to rock a ranged summoner barb.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
New trailer looks amazing.

As long as loot 2.0 is everything its cracked up to be, I can see myself returning to this game and playing it for a long time.

New trailer looks amazing.

As long as loot 2.0 is everything its cracked up to be, I can see myself returning to this game and playing it for a long time.

I'd say they're doing a good job so far, based off of the leaks. They really bungled the Loot 2.0 legendary reveals at Gamescon, in my opinion. Even the ones in the first leaked build were far more exciting than the ones shown off. Given that they've already changed two usually worthless affixes to 'Reduces cooldown/resource cost of all skills by 7-10%', and there's going to be a dedicated set for Thorns, the next big affix that needs tweaking is the Health Globes and Potion healing one.

kennah

Who didn't see this coming months ago? Come on now

Also unless you've already gotten or legitimately plan to get 100% of the achievements it kinda doesn't really matter. IIRC aren't Feats of Strength the ones that don't have points associated with them?

Honestly didn't see it. But I need it to go along with my Beta Feat!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Honestly didn't see it. But I need it to go along with my Beta Feat!

I've got 2x 100 but no beta feat. Woohoo, 100% is impossible, I'm freeeee

Didn't see this coming either actually. I don't expect it'll have an associated achievement, just a banner award if anything.

Shifty76

the next big affix that needs tweaking is the Health Globes and Potion healing one.

Can you clarify what you're getting at there? Do you think there's a problem with that affix right now? My MP10 monk relies solely on globes for survival and it works just fine.

With LS going away it does seem like globes will play a much bigger role in terms of buffing self-healing skills in RoS (with the datamined Transcendence buff I'll be healing 40k per bell dropped, so 440k per nirvana cycle)

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Can you clarify what you're getting at there? Do you think there's a problem with that affix right now? My MP10 monk relies solely on globes for survival and it works just fine.

With LS going away it does seem like globes will play a much bigger role in terms of buffing self-healing skills in RoS (with the datamined Transcendence buff I'll be healing 40k per bell dropped, so 440k per nirvana cycle)

Wyatt recently made some comments about shifting their whole damage model so that people don't die as quickly and health management is more long-term. They could easily accomplish this by increasing player effective HP 10x, for example, although it remains to be seen if they do that by increasing mitigation, reducing damage or increasing HP multpliers. In that sort of system, health globes are a lot more viable, so that explains why they're getting some love in some of the new legendary and passive effects. (e.g. health globe bonus increasing the LPSS effect of Transcendence)

LpSS being modified by health globes and perma spirit a la nirvana is like the opposite of what they want . I'm really curious about how they'll accomish this goal of less damage spikes and health spikes.

Players are always going to push the difficulty boundary too. I have a feeling their adjustment will just cause a new equilibrium. We shall see though.

Skab

RoS FAQ is out.

Q. Have any changes been made to the difficulty scaling or settings in Reaper of Souls?

In Reaper of Souls, the game difficulty settings have been updated to Easy, Normal, Hard, Torment, Demonic and Apocalypse. Similar to the way the tiered settings and Monster Power work in Diablo III, higher difficulty levels present more powerful enemies who will potentially reward players with more powerful loot! Unlike the previous tiered difficulty system, though, players are not required to defeat the game on a lower setting in order to unlock a higher difficulty setting. These settings can be selected at any time, for both Campaign Mode and Adventure Mode, making it more convenient than ever to find the level of challenge that’s right for you!

That's a pretty big change.

Digging the difficulty changes myself. With the monster power levels, the arbitrary requirements for certain difficulties seemed redundant, as well as being forced to play though the campaign 3 times before Inferno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom