• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

foladar

Strange, because in 150 hours of gameplay, I haven't had 1 upgrade drop for me.

I'm thankful that I've always had weapons drop for me upgrade-wise, including that Windforce with 1281 dps .. gotta decide to keep it or sell it on rmah though. Think that's my 5th xbow/bow upgrade now dropped.

Shadow780

I've found it to be kinda high-risk, high-reward. Either the mobs melt, or you run out of disc at a bad time/they get a lucky hit and you're toast.

Pretty fun either way, at least for Act 1.

Tried some in Act 2, +10 Discipline on Quiver and Cloak. What I do is Jagged Spikes > Shadow Power w/ Gloom > Vault three times, no one lives after that. With Sharpshooter and Archery I got 100k for dps which is amazing.

Alienups

Managed to double my res and dps today. Neat. Still too weak to farm act II probably but at least i'm making some progress thanks to the new patch.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
man how are you getting your guys' hot ticket items to sell? havent sold that 1 handed legendary yet and i had to repost it for like 70 :(

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I got the new version of the Wizardspike legendary dagger.

Legacy Wizardspike:
-597 DPS
-158 int
-IAS 5%
-62% crit dmg
-+14 max AP
-10 AP on crit

New Wizardspike (cost me 9 mil, best value on the EU AH):
-938 DPS
-80 all res
-IAS 10%
-10 AP on crit
-32 chance to cast a frozen orb when attacking
-Indestructible

So is it uber? Well, it's hard to judge as I only did a test run with fellow GAF member Erehael, but it seems to be a mixed bag. Here's why:

DPS increase what?:
With a 340 DPS increase I expected to deal much more dmg even if I lost the int boost and crit dmg. Well, I was wrong. I get around +348 dmg. I expected at least 1k :/. The DPS is a smokescreen, because the dagger can't roll int, crit dmg or a socket. Right now this is not much of a problem for melee wizards because the twister nerf means melee wizards will have to focus on survivability rather than DPS from now on. Still, kind of a bummer.

Survivability: YMMV
Basically, the thing can't roll vit, LOH or even LAK, but it always rolls 70-80 all res. Personally I'd much rather it rolled LOH, but 70+ AR is nothing to complain about.

Dat frozen orb any good?:
That's the one I'm really not quite sure about. On the plus side, any offensive spell can trigger it. Twisters, explosive blasts and even frost novas can trigger it. Teleport and energy armor on the other hand can't. On the minus side, even with the twister proc nerf, I wish it would be cast on hit rather than cast on attack. Even with a 1/3 chance of triggering and a decent attack speed of 1.71 (thanks to the wpn being a dagger with 10-11% IAS), I wish it would cast more often.
How does the orb work then? Well, it travels forward (in the direction you're facing when casting your spell), hitting everything in its path, and explodes after a while, causing AOE dmg. Deals around 12k-26k dmg (non crit - crit) with a base DPS of 16679 and a measly +50% crit dmg on early Act 1 trash mobs. Not bad. Makes up for the misleading wpn DPS.

tl;dr so far, my assessment:
Pros:
-Great IAS which is more important than ever for crit mass wizards in 1.0.4
-Fantastic rolls for AP on crit (9-10 AP guaranteed) and all res (70-80 guaranteed)
-Good dmg on frozen orb

Cons:
-Base DPS strongly mitigated by lack of int, crit%, crit dmg, far and away the biggest disappointment
-No LOH roll either
-Frozen orb not casting as often as I'd hope, even with a good roll (meaning 30%+)

It would be extremely good with LOH or a socket, but as it stands it's just a good crit mass wpn, nothing amazing. I guess that's why prices were reasonable.

woober

UqzFG.png

Someone traded me that for 5mil. I'll take it! Has perfect crit chance and arcane power on crit for a source.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Well, assuming they're still playing. The difficulty of Inferno was a carrot for a lot of people; I wonder how many will quit once that carrot is gone.

This makes me wonder what those people were thinking who criticized me for not liking how they dropped itemized runes back during beta. Reason being that players need a carrot on a stick to keep them leveling. It doesn't even matter when 90% of the game is past level 60.

I think I'm pretty much done now. Feels like I'm a hamster on a wheel and I realised that even with the new shiny bar to fill I'm just not having fun.

Will top up my auctions from time to time just to keep the gold flowing but I can't see me playing much now until there's some form of new content. A shame really. =/

Definity

Not found anything of value since the patch hit. Thinking I used up all my luck a few days before the patch with two legendary drops. Gonna try siege breaker runs tonight and see what happens.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm still kinda sad they nerfed my overpower. It didn't have a positive effect on build diversity.

Just lower the proc rate, don't eliminate it completely.

DTKT

I'm still kinda sad they nerfed my overpower. It didn't have a positive effect on build diversity.

Just lower the proc rate, don't eliminate it completely.

I replaced OP with Bleed. If I pop Wotb and the warcry buff, it ticks at 20k per second for 5 seconds. It's pretty awesome.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
yo I appreciate the irony you're going for in this post.

;)

worth zilch.

I was being serious. I'm not used to getting simple rings like that with decent rolls. Figured it might be worth a couple 100k (10k's?). Are you sure about that?

Dahbomb

100k-200k sounds about right for it. But don't know why you're asking for price check here when the Ah can give you a more accurate estimation.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I replaced OP with Bleed. If I pop Wotb and the warcry buff, it ticks at 20k per second for 5 seconds. It's pretty awesome.

You mean rend? I tried it out, but I don't like the hit to my mobility. With Overpower, I can just cast it while moving. With rend, I have to stop every 5 seconds to recast.

Seth C

I wonder what will come first for me -- 100 Paragon levels (and +375% MF) or a Legendary item.

Oh, or maybe I'll sell something. No one buys my stuff, not for any price.

DTKT

You mean rend? I tried it out, but I don't like the hit to my mobility. With Overpower, I can just cast it while moving. With rend, I have to stop every 5 seconds to recast.

I see.

I tend to aggro 20-30 mobs than burn them down as fast as I can. I guess it won't really work with a WW barb. Slows you down a lot.

Zeppelin

Holy fuck at Trail of Cinders. Elites die so fast... Kinda wonder what will happen if I run into a pack with the reflects damage affix.

Edit: Just did. Shit hurts.

What Paragon level is everyone at? I'm almost 10. How's everyone else progressing?

Since dmg values can't be searched, is this worth anything? I know the int/vit is kinda low, but the dmg seems okay? Dunno.

http://i.imgur.com/NQXvy.jpg (its a mojo, as a link instead of img to avoid cluttering page)
damage can be searched, add the first number and the second, then divide by 2. Then search that under the "Average Damage" heading in the drop down menu.

What's the weapon damage on it?

1500%. It's incredible in Act 1, shit just melts away in your trail. Haven't tried in Act 2.

Today I got the highest dps roll on a weapon I've ever gotten in the game and it was such a troll item :(

Any point in giving this to the enchantress? Currently she's using a staff with 875dps, 62 int, 176 vit, 113% crit damage.

Miletius

Found my first really nice thing.

Rare Ring:

+69 STR
+41 Cold Resist
+55 Resist All
+6% Attack Speed
+4% Critical Hit Chance
+1 Socket

Went right on my Monk, but I'm considering selling it so that I can afford better gear in general. I know that if I sell it though I'll regret it later.

foladar

What Paragon level is everyone at? I'm almost 10. How's everyone else progressing?

damage can be searched, add the first number and the second, then divide by 2. Then search that under the "Average Damage" heading in the drop down menu.

I'm at plevel 10 now. And I don't see average damage when selecting offhands? (under damage right?)

Vodh

Don't know if it's been linked yet, but just in case: http://www.gameplorer.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/diablo-3-paragon-stufen-exp.png

Looks like this time they were pretty accurate about it taking as much time as D2 99, and without any crazy leveling strat. Personally I think it's great. A very rough estimate based on me getting my first level of Paragon after about 2 hours is that it would take me about 3k hours to get to 100 if I account for the new shiny ruby in my helmet and a lot of gear upgrades - sounds pretty good to me!

My Paragon Level is 4. I probably should stick a ruby in my helm as the extra MF doesn't make much of a difference with NV giving you guaranteed rares anyway. At least until the equilibrium point where the extra MF from the topaz would max me out.

larvi

I just tried trail of cinders on my DH and really like it too. I did a Act 2 VoA and Oasis run in my MF gear and didn't die once. You can use it either offensively and run through an enemy or defensively and run away quickly and leave a trail in your wake. It's also great for charging and killing those pesky treasure goblins trying to portal away. I don't have a lot of native discipline but I used the passive that gives you disc back with a health globe and that seemed to help quite a bit.

Unfortunately still no legendaries since 1.04 and I've made 3 paragon levels on the barb and 2 on the DH.

Dahbomb

It's really only Pyro though... Dat legendary luck but in all fairness it just seems he plays a lot and really fast... Already upto P10.

I play really fast in like 2 hour batches lol, I'll play, go do stuff, then at night do 1 more if I have nothing to do until I get tired/bored. Throw in one more during the day if I'm not doing anything. which is a lot lately :p. I don't do any full act runs. I start at the kill azmodan point in act 3. hit up all the spots where there are lots of mobs/elites, kill azmodan, clean up a bit, then do it again. I've basically streamlined my whole run to some key places/routes. I can run through them in like 40 minutes so I can do it about 3 times over.

My MF isn't that high. Base 90 + P10 + 5NV.

I'm just getting lucky. Last week I've gotten tons of em lol. But before last week I hadn't got one in forever.

neoism

Are there any fast levelling tricks left?

Got a barb halfway through nightmare at level 40

go to AH and buy all experience loot.... I'm on level 32 at the start of act 4 normal on my wiz I really wish you didn't have to beat this shit 3 times to get to inferno.... just got my monk 140hours lol

Vodh

What's the best place to check for possible rolls on items? Like for example I know it's possible to get up to 300 str on a belt, and the same goes for vit, but I don't think it's possible to get a 300/300 - where do I check that stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom