• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Keep offline and hacking on consoles please ....

Plz this. People have an offline version if they want it now. And its on current AND next gen systems, so no more drama, buy the super hacked offline version and play that if you want it.

But keep that shit away from the real game. I was more indifferent towards offline play until I saw it hacked day 1 on consoles. Frack that noise, not worth it.

neoism

These modes can be accessed at any time, and you're welcome to switch between them whenever you please. In addition, we've unlocked all difficulty levels, giving you even more control over your in-game experience. Don't want to play through the story four times on each of your characters? Done. Looking to farm in Adventure Mode at one difficulty, then switch over to Campaign Mode at a different difficulty? You've got it.

amazing I was going to play my new character all the way through 1-5 acts 3 times to get to inferno act 5... with this change I think I will just get to 70 real quick and only start playing act 5 for the first time in inferno.... this expack is amazing... still a shame its soo far away... I'm gonna get a flash drive too.. to play this game on...cant wait. :/

IceMarker

Plz this. People have an offline version if they want it now. And its on current AND next gen systems, so no more drama, buy the super hacked offline version and play that if you want it.

But keep that shit away from the real game. I was more indifferent towards offline play until I saw it hacked day 1 on consoles. Fuck that noise, not worth it.

That's my exact feeling on offline mode, it'd be nice to have, but I don't want to risk people hacking items.

J2d

I haven't this for a long time, is there any point of picking it up again before the expansion?I'm P95 and every item is gone be pretty much worthless as soon as the expansion get here right?

zulfate

I haven't this for a long time, is there any point of picking it up again before the expansion?I'm P95 and every item is gone be pretty much worthless as soon as the expansion get here right?

only real need is to collect unidentified legendarys and for paragon levels that will roll over.

Onikaan

Hey

I'm getting my backside whooped at level 16. Playing a Barbarian, trying to tank for my friends but I seem to go down far too quickly. I was playing alone earlier and couldn't progress because I was dying so much.

Any tips for a new player? What should I look for in gear/stats?

Shifty76

Hey

I'm getting my backside whooped at level 16. Playing a Barbarian, trying to tank for my friends but I seem to go down far too quickly. I was playing alone earlier and couldn't progress because I was dying so much.

Any tips for a new player? What should I look for in gear/stats?

Level 16 or pagaron level 16? If just level 16 you can pretty much go with whatever and be successful.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
In the mechanics panel they said WD should have the best DoTs and pets. DoTs will be buffed and there's a new passive that gives 5 minute DoT duration.

That's going to be absolutely insane for experience farming. You can run around tagging things like a ww/rend barb except instead of rend dealing 900% damage in 9 seconds or whatever you deal 300000% over 5 minutes with your pestilence, for example (not exact numbers). You currently don't have to stay in minimap range to get exp after tagging a mob.

Amazing if it turns out to work that way.

There had BETTER be a secret area that is only accessed by following a treasure goblin through its portal. Anytime I let a treasure goblin get away I always want to know exactly where they go

Duuke

Hey, I'm looking for a complete walk through guide to take me step by step through the game for PC. Anyone know of one?

turnbuckle

Not really necessary since it's so short and linear...

I was typing a similar response but felt maybe it'd come off as condescending. Really, there's no reason to look for a walk through. The game itself is a walkthrough. If you have particular questions about builds or something that's one thing, but Diablo III is so simple a cave man could do it.

The thing about RoS and all the new stuff is that it's mostly bringing the game up to the expectations I had for it originally (maybe slightly, slightly above). It won't exceed my expectations in a "wow holy shit I never would have thought of that idea" in terms of mechanics, but I suppose that's not something Blizzard is known for anyway. For them it has mostly always been about polish and refinement of existing ideas.

I feel like RoS is missing one big new thing (another class, major system) that would push it over the top for me. I mean there's still no word on full-fledged PvP (whether that be arena-esque, objective-based, or a hybrid PvE/PvP closer to Dota).

Wolfie5

Legendary are still by far the most rare items, but are also the most powerful in RoS, by far

Legendary items will drop at the killed monster's level. If you kill a level 33 monster you can get a level 33 Legendary

All Legendaries are revamped in Loot 2.0

A lot of unique powers are given to them

Frostburn Gauntlets for example increased Cold skills damage by 27% and an effect - 50% chance to Freeze instead of slow enemies

69.jpg

77.jpg

72.jpg

75.jpg

http://www.diablofans.com/news/2192-diablo-iii-gameplay-systems-crusader/

Yep, all our gear is going to be worthless once the patch hits. Wow, at the stats. And that 3,3k sword 0_0

I would have close to 500k dps with that sword alone for my WD (up 300k dps)

Dahbomb

Damn you are getting almost 1k main stat from one item. You could easily see characters having like 8k main stat in the expansion. DPS numbers will be crossing 7 maybe even 8 figures!

Cipherr

• The Monk should be the fastest character on the battlefield.
  • Fists of Thunder's teleport is now baseline
  • Monk's New skill is Epiphany. Allows all melee attacks to teleport you to your opponent

Yes @ the bolded, this means I won't have to use any certain generator to maintain the teleport. Man I freaking LOVE the teleport, hard to live without it.

Edit:
Cooldown: 120 seconds / You have an Epiphany, restoring all of your Spirit, reducing the Spirit cost of your skills by 50% and enabling your melee attacks to instantly dash to your target for 20 seconds.

Nevermind, its not passive its on a 2m cooldown and only lasts 20 seconds. But at least there are 2 spirit generators with a teleport to target now. Better than it is currently.

Raticus79

Damn you are getting almost 1k main stat from one item. You could easily see characters having like 8k main stat in the expansion. DPS numbers will be crossing 7 maybe even 8 figures!

I'm thinking we'll see a similar jump in the exp/hour rates.

Combine all these factors:
- higher damage
- faster move speed from paragon points, allowing higher damage gear instead if it doesn't stack
- 4 passives, and new ones like the WD passive for 5 minute DoTs
- "build-enabling legendaries", all those crazy new affixes
- level 70 enemies (higher exp per kill)
- Adventure Mode mega-runs cherry picking the best spots among all 5 acts
- easier to gear up thanks to smart drops and the mystic.

I've been chipping away at continuing paragon levelling on a third 100 but it feels like such a waste when the same experience can probably be obtained 10-20x faster once the expansion arrives! Still, it's a bit of a head start.

Skab

Yes @ the bolded, this means I won't have to use any certain generator to maintain the teleport. Man I freaking LOVE the teleport, hard to live without it.

Edit:

Nevermind, its not passive its on a 2m cooldown and only lasts 20 seconds. But at least there are 2 spirit generators with a teleport to target now. Better than it is currently.

They also made the teleport rune on FoT a baseline aspect of the skill.

SirNinja

Made first Hellfire Ring and it was a complete turd

If you ever make a new character, put it on him/her. The best thing about those rings is that they have no level requirement. Having a level 1 character waste zombies with explosive balls of hellfire is always a fun time, and +35% bonus experience (better than a Marquise Ruby!) is an awesome bonus for any level.

Azulsky

If you ever make a new character, put it on him/her. The best thing about those rings is that they have no level requirement. Having a level 1 character waste zombies with explosive balls of hellfire is always a fun time, and +35% bonus experience (better than a Marquise Ruby!) is an awesome bonus for any level.

Yeah i put it in the "items for my other characters" stash tab

Are they giving us more stash space in RoS?

Deadly

That sucks. The one thing PoE really had on D3 imho was the stash tabs
He basically said some blabla about how they're trying to make it so you don't need to keep things and be able to manage the things you don't want better. Something like that

Zizbuka

Banned
It was probably discussed in this thread, but I just saw a "breaking news" from battle.net that the auction house (both gold and money) are going away in March.

Does that mean Diablo III will be less MMO-like? I haven't bought it yet, after all the bad things I've read figured I'd wait until it's <$20.

larvi

He basically said some blabla about how they're trying to make it so you don't need to keep things and be able to manage the things you don't want better. Something like that

They are going to have to do something with the AH going away. One of the reasons I felt I didn't need to hold onto a lot of stuff was because I could always go out to the AH and buy stuff if I wanted to build a new char or try a new build, without that ability I'm gonna be hoarding even more.

Not to mention the close to 100 items I currently have in the AH that are being stored there, where are those going to go when the AH shuts down?

turnbuckle

They absolutely must increase tab space. The auction house served as basically a way to greatly increase your stash and as a way to set someone's mind at ease if they had to dump something knowing they could easily get something similar back if necessary.

Now that there's going to be a lot more bind on account things (anything enchanted, for example) and there'll probably be a lot of new crafting materials. With buffed legendaries that go up to level 70 there are way more viable gearing options.

I wish you could have character tabs in your stash that linked to that character's personal inventory. Sometimes I'll have items that I think "hmm, this could be good for my wizard, or my monk" but after having several items like that just thrown in the stash it can be a nightmare to organize and remember what's what.

Skab

They already said they weren't adding any space. So be prepared to deal with it I guess. (Legendaries are also all account bound now, btw)

traveler

Not Wario
It sounds like they're just going to store certain items in an unlimited space separate from stash, similar to what they've done with pets, mounts, and now several other types of items in WoW. For example, there might be gem, key, potion, and other non-equipment pages in the ui separate from your stash. If they go that direction and pull it off, I think that would be better than having a larger stash with more to manage in one space.

Shifty76

I must be the odd one out that doesn't run into an issue of a full stash.

I have one tab for gems & crafting materials, another for alternate gear sets for each of my 5 characters, and the third one is for AH items and extra storage for alternate gear sets. That tab is usually only around half full, if that.

turnbuckle

They already said they weren't adding any space. So be prepared to deal with it I guess. (Legendaries are also all account bound now, btw)

They are? Oh...I didn't realize that. Well I guess these are the first two pieces of news regarding the expansion that I really don't like. Especially the legendary account bound thing. Damn.

Still excited for the game but that really kills the trading market. :(

MrDaravon

The legendary BoA thing is from a quote in an interview that could be read a couple of different ways, and sounded also like they were still very much figuring it out. Given the complete and dominant backlash on it from everyone on every site I'm seeing I'm betting it doesn't make it in, or at the worst they become BoA after 1 trade or something.

Raticus79

What do you think of the Monk's new skill Epiphany? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9381-qkZT1Y
(from reddit)

Epiphany

Cooldown: 120 seconds

You have an Epiphany, restoring all of your Spirit, reducing the Spirit cost of your skills by 50% and enabling your melee attacks to instantly dash to your target for 20 seconds.
Desert Shroud: Infuse yourself with sand, reducing damage taken by 50% and increasing your damage by 3% for each enemy within 15 yards.

Soothing Mist: Imbue yourself with water, instantly resetting your Defensive cooldowns and reducing their cooldown durations by 50%. Using a Defensive ability also cleanses
negative effects off of allies within 30 yards.

Windwalker: Each enemy killed during your Epiphany increases your Attack Speed by 3% for the remaining duration of Epiphany.

Inner Fire: Engulf yourself in flames, burning enemies within 10 yards for 250% weapon damage as Fire and causing your attacks to assault enemies in front of you for 330% weapon damage as Fire.

Ascension: Charge yourself with Lightning, increasing your movement speed by 10% and causing your next attack after moving 10 yards to Stun enemies for 1.5 seconds.

Same cooldown as WotB, but 20 second duration instead of 15 so the uptime is better. I wonder if this one gives immunity to crowd control effects.

Apparently the teleporting works for a lot of skills, including bells.

Windwalker looks fun. Hopefully it will work the same as Archon where the effect still happens if a group member makes the kill nearby. (otherwise it would work way better solo...)

Shifty76

What do you think of the Monk's new skill Epiphany? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9381-qkZT1Y
(from reddit)

Same cooldown as WotB, but 20 second duration instead of 15 so the uptime is better. I wonder if this one gives immunity to crowd control effects.

Apparently the teleporting works for a lot of skills, including bells.

Windwalker looks fun. Hopefully it will work the same as Archon where the effect still happens if a group member makes the kill nearby. (otherwise it would work way better solo...)

Windwalker is the only one of those that interests me

Dahbomb

I think with reduced cooldown affixes you can make Epiphany have a cooldown of around a minute. I wonder if there is a Legendary that further decreases it cooldown.

Soothing Mist would be beast for Hardcore mode.

Giggzy

I played RoS at Blizzcon and it was pretty awesome. Playing through the Fall of Westmarch(Battle of Westmarch? Can't remember proper name) was real fun. They've added a lot more events in just that little snippet of the new act and way more side dungeons to clear.

Adventure mode is where it's at though. I was able to demo that mode as well. Being able to hop around any act and do "bounties" however I want was way more satisfying then just doing a regular act run in the current D3. I played hours of the adventure mode already just at Blizzcon it was that good.

The new crusader class was pretty fun. Seemed like a nice call back to the paladin of D2. I can't go in depth with the class though because of the limited skill set and playtime to really evaluate it.

All in all, I'm REALLY excited for the expansion. It can't come soon enough. Oh, and loot 2.0 was easily noticeable in the demo.

Ashodin

I played RoS at Blizzcon and it was pretty awesome. Playing through the Fall of Westmarch(Battle of Westmarch? Can't remember proper name) was real fun. They've added a lot more events in just that little snippet of the new act and way more side dungeons to clear.

Adventure mode is where it's at though. I was able to demo that mode as well. Being able to hop around any act and do "bounties" however I want was way more satisfying then just doing a regular act run in the current D3. I played hours of the adventure mode already just at Blizzcon it was that good.

The new crusader class was pretty fun. Seemed like a nice call back to the paladin of D2. I can't go in depth with the class though because of the limited skill set and playtime to really evaluate it.

All in all, I'm REALLY excited for the expansion. It can't come soon enough. Oh, and loot 2.0 was easily noticeable in the demo.
Nnnnghhh, need crusader

Azulsky

They absolutely must increase tab space. The auction house served as basically a way to greatly increase your stash and as a way to set someone's mind at ease if they had to dump something knowing they could easily get something similar back if necessary.

Now that there's going to be a lot more bind on account things (anything enchanted, for example) and there'll probably be a lot of new crafting materials. With buffed legendaries that go up to level 70 there are way more viable gearing options.

I wish you could have character tabs in your stash that linked to that character's personal inventory. Sometimes I'll have items that I think "hmm, this could be good for my wizard, or my monk" but after having several items like that just thrown in the stash it can be a nightmare to organize and remember what's what.

The current solution is to make item mules if you have extra character slots

Cipherr

No way, did they really say that?

It sounds like they're just going to store certain items in an unlimited space separate from stash, similar to what they've done with pets, mounts, and now several other types of items in WoW.

They had better, space is a serious problem once you start playing a great deal. And since the already limited stash space is freaking shared across the account instead of per character, even using mules is of limited use because you can only 'store' stuff in their char bags.

Ridiculous in a loot game. Sell more space for truckloads of money and clear gold from the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom