• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Bunch of new datamined stuff: http://www.diablofans.com/news/2219...-new-achievements-game-options-class-changes/

In a rush and don't have time to really look through it, but looks like there's 4 more tiers of gems being added after Marquise, and the Marquise gem icon is being redrawn (which is good because the current one looks like crap). Feeling good now about deciding to invest most of my time/money into getting all of my characters equipped with RS gems in every slot. Gems and maybe some of the existing crafting mats are the only thing I expect to hold any value past a week or two into RoS.

Sothpaw

You can feel like witch doctors felt when I used to play (I hear they're strong now though). Welcome to the slums!

Anyway this is still early stuff and I can't see Blizz letting the barb feel weak...ever.

Fularu

Banned
You can feel like witch doctors felt when I used to play (I hear they're strong now though). Welcome to the slums!

Anyway this is still early stuff and I can't see Blizz letting the barb feel weak...ever.

Barbs from 1.0 to 1.4 were prety much dead last.

Once WW/Tornado builds became viable (people used to laugh at WW and rltw back at launch) and we were no longer stuck with all defensive builds, we started to shine. The WW buff (fury cost reduction) + HOTA buff made us prety strong (too strong imho) but every single patch since the internal testing began has been nerfs upon nerfs to barbs

So yeah I'm prety confident they'll let us feel weak for a few months after RoS hits :p

Xanathus

Barbs from 1.0 to 1.4 were prety much dead last.

Once WW/Tornado builds became viable (people used to laugh at WW and rltw back at launch) and we were no longer stuck with all defensive builds, we started to shine. The WW buff (fury cost reduction) + HOTA buff made us prety strong (too strong imho) but every single patch since the internal testing began has been nerfs upon nerfs to barbs

So yeah I'm prety confident they'll let us feel weak for a few months after RoS hits :p
Doesn't really matter for me and most other Barbs cos I'll be playing a Crusader then :p

Sothpaw

Doesn't really matter for me and most other Barbs cos I'll be playing a Crusader then :p

I will too if they have some spells you can target with your mouse cursor. Hopefully they don't fullblown consolize him. Would be a shame since I love the look/lore of the character.

Not that I would ever abandon my Witch Doctor regardless.

Shifty76

how do you have "infiinite" spirit with nirvana build?

Mentioned earlier on this page, but:

Oh, as for how nirvana spec works: Fists of Fury rune on WotHF gives a DoT effect on enemies with the second strike of the combo. Each "tick" of the DoT is considered to be a separate spirit generating attack, so when paired with Infused with Light rune on BoH you get basically unlimited spirit for 5 seconds.

Though I see they're nerfing Infused with Light down to 4 spirit rather than 8 so I'm curious how that'll impact nirvana builds. Might just have to tag twice as many targets with FoF.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Critical Mass was completely removed. Well, that answers that, lol.

Since they're currently planning to remove NV, I posted an idea for an interface that allowed storing multiple builds (skills, items and paragon point allocations) and switching between them easily. It could only be done after 15 seconds out of combat, same as they're doing with swapping skills in general with the current no-NV plan, so there wouldn't be a lot of micro-management with swapping during combat.

Links if you're interested: reddit, battle.net

I'm surprised that it's getting so much opposition.

Quick version: tabs on the inventory screen, a separate "paper doll" on each. First one has your base items, any items on the others override your base items for that build. (items are actually stored in the paper dolls on the separate tabs so they don't use up space). Same tabbed approach for skills/passives and paragon point allocations.

Sothpaw

Critical Mass was completely removed. Well, that answers that, lol.

Playing with wizards was a complete waste of time for me. They would literally perma freeze everything and didn't need any help from the rest of the team. Glad they are making CM wizards a thing of the past tbh. Never had this problem playing with other classes. Well, WW barbs were close.

Wolfie5

2.jpg

New Gem Tiers: Imperial, Flawless Imperial, Royal, Flawless Royal. The 5th gem is a Diamond by the way. Also note that the first row is a redrawn Marquise Gem.

New gem tiers? I assume marquise won´t cost 20m once the patch/expansion hits? Refuse to pay 20m to get marquise.

Anyway, I am playing more now for some reason. Most likely because gameplay is so much fun. Too bad the drops still sucks. At paragon 84 with my WD, might get to 100 before the expansion as I am playing a lot right now.

That´s a lot of datamined stuff, hopefully the beta will hit soon. Want to try some of it before they possibly get removed.

Some fun/interesting(OP?) items:

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_686_x1 - Every time you are hit by a projectile, automatically shoot a homing rocket for 500% weapon damage at the attacker.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_711_x1 - You are immune to Desecrator, Molten, and Plagued monster types.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_734_x1 - Every time you spend primary resource, you gain 10% increased attack speed for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_618_x1 - Locust Swarm also Slows enemies by 60%.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_733_x1 - Enemies killed by Fire damage explode and set nearby enemies on Fire, dealing 300% weapon damage over 5 seconds.

Other stuff:
HeroCreateSeasonCheckbox - This hero can compete in the Seasonal Ladder.
BountyGamble - Roll for fabulous prizes! (gamble is back?)

Ashodin

2.jpg

New gem tiers? I assume marquise won´t cost 20m once the patch/expansion hits? Refuse to pay 20m to get marquise.

Anyway, I am playing more now for some reason. Most likely because gameplay is so much fun. Too bad the drops still sucks. At paragon 84 with my WD, might get to 100 before the expansion as I am playing a lot right now.

That´s a lot of datamined stuff, hopefully the beta will hit soon. Want to try some of it before they possibly get removed.

Some fun/interesting(OP?) items:

I like the ring that lets you use all three companions at the same time. Posse all up in this bitch.

Dahbomb

Damn holy shit @ this Legendary!

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_711_x1 - You are immune to Desecrator, Molten, and Plagued monster types.

That's like 3 of the biggest anti melee affixes there are. Now you can basically just stand there and tank in a giant pool of stuff!

A lot of these Legendaries are pretty insane. Like this one is going to be godly for Crusader:

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_692_x1 - Every successful block has a 50% chance to reduce all cooldowns by 1 second.

Finally a Legendary that MIGHT make Rain of Vengeance useful:

The cooldown of Rain of Vengeance is reduced by 1 second for every enemy you kill.

Provided this is a cooldown reduction on any attack not just killing with RoV.

hitsugi

Playing with wizards was a complete waste of time for me. They would literally perma freeze everything and didn't need any help from the rest of the team. Glad they are making CM wizards a thing of the past tbh. Never had this problem playing with other classes. Well, WW barbs were close.

CM wizards are boring as shit but I don't think there's another viable option to play as a wizard unless you're breaking 100k dps... I like Wizard (Sorc player in D2..) but being THIS limited really sucks.

MrDaravon

awwww yiss blizzard pls give diret-I mean RoS beta

CM wizards are boring as shit but I don't think there's another viable option to play as a wizard unless you're breaking 100k dps... I like Wizard (Sorc player in D2..) but being THIS limited really sucks.

It's...not terribly hard to break 100k dps at all, unless you're playing self-found or something maybe. I run Archon when I play Wizard because if nothing else the CM frozen build is super boring to me.

hitsugi

awwww yiss blizzard pls give diret-I mean RoS beta

It's...not terribly hard to break 100k dps at all, unless you're playing self-found or something maybe. I run Archon when I play Wizard because if nothing else the CM frozen build is super boring to me.

I quit about 400 days ago.. and was poor when I quit (40k dps in inferno). Now after spending the only 500k or so that I had, I'm at 82k dps. Still worthless with any other build. It's all relative.

Friends and family.. beta? Well, there goes the long streak of F&F alphas. Happy to see my prediction of a November beta come true, regardless.

Skab

Looking through some of the new unique stuff in that latest datamined update.

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_717_x1 - Sentries cast your equipped Hatred spenders.

That sounds really really good.

FACE

Banned
How does one sign up for that? Just check the D3 beta box on your bnet page where you indicate which betas you're interested in?

@Face: Which one? Nirvana? I think it'll still work - will just need some adjustments.

Nah, I'm using good ol' thunder clap + mantra of conviction + sweeping wind with cyclone. No huge nerfs from what I can see, but it still feels bad.

MrDaravon

I quit about 400 days ago.. and was poor when I quit (40k dps in inferno). Now after spending the only 500k or so that I had, I'm at 82k dps. Still worthless with any other build. It's all relative.

Sure, but 500k got you from 40k dps to 82k dps. The 82k dps will let you do MP1, and if you're just playing it for gold and selling everything you can probably clear a million gold in a day or two (say a weekend at the most), and a million more gold will get you to 100k dps with probably any class. Also at that level of DPS it should be super easy to craft shoulder/gloves/bracer upgrades too which will be big gains at that level. It's relative, but getting to 100k is pretty easy at this point.

MrDaravon

Oh my God I have to stop watching this but I can't it's too godlike.

I also had no idea that splash damage was an affix now. Also interesting that you can't salvage seemingly a lot of items, I wonder if they have to have certain types or number of affixes?

MrDaravon

Oh God Hammerdin incoming, yoshi post if you're okay

Also interesting that there's skills that have different effects depending on if you use it as a passive or an active.

Edit: I missed this, but apparently earlier on the stream a Marquise gem actually dropped from an enemy. On Reddit people are speculating that it could potentially a beta thing, but the speculation is causing people to dump RS gems on the AH hardcore, RS emeralds have dropped from ~22 mil to ~17 mil in the last like, 2 hours. Good times.

Diablo III |OT| Back in Beta

:p

Hopefully they roll out beyond F&F soon, I do really want to get my hands on all the changes to see if it's enough to hold interest for an extended period of time.

Cipherr

Hah, so glad I dont have to work tomorrow. God I just saw them pick up that shrine that makes removes all cooldowns and resource costs.

Spamming dem bells and shit. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom