• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finally seen the light of the WW Barb. Switched Frenzy in as a generator and that really helps since my gear isn't quite good enough to be able to deal with not having rage. Once you get your combo going it feels so good. There's definite gear improvements to be had though - I'm still pretty squishy for a Barb. Only been playing it on MP2, gonna bump it up to 3, but I don't think he could handle much beyond that without upgrades. Might just buy 50mil gold though for the $1.30 or whatever since I've had a random dollar sitting in my Battle.net balance from something I sold when the AH first launched. Need the gold for the Hellfire Ring recipe + the other BoA recipes. Any gear I would buy after that is just gravy.

Shifty76

I have finally seen the light of the WW Barb. Switched Frenzy in as a generator and that really helps since my gear isn't quite good enough to be able to deal with not having rage. Once you get your combo going it feels so good. There's definite gear improvements to be had though - I'm still pretty squishy for a Barb. Only been playing it on MP2, gonna bump it up to 3, but I don't think he could handle much beyond that without upgrades. Might just buy 50mil gold though for the $1.30 or whatever since I've had a random dollar sitting in my Battle.net balance from something I sold when the AH first launched. Need the gold for the Hellfire Ring recipe + the other BoA recipes. Any gear I would buy after that is just gravy.

Other BoA recipes you can buy on the gold AH for well under 50k each for most of them. Exception being the BoA chest recipes, but I've always found set/leg items to be more useful in that slot.

Dahbomb

The only thing that is worth any thing on the AH right now is gold as shocking as that sounds.

That is because gold is the only thing that is not completely useless in the expansion. Even hoarding up Marquise Gems right now is pointless, you get those more commonly than Flawless Square gems!

No point in hoarding Brimstones/Tears, they are useless.

I guess you can buy up all the crafting recipes but pretty much all of those are going to be useless as there are new recipes now.

It's a full on reset, everything you had before is worthless now. I would even say that Paragon leveling is not that worth it because EXP gaining is so fast in the expansion, you get like millions of EXP completing just a single Bounty.

Sothpaw

Just spend as little gold/crafting materials as possible. Streamer Archon was wearing 20B worth of gear and replaced every bit of it except his amulet within the first few hours of playtime.

Everyone is starting from square one.

inky

Streamer Archon was wearing 20B worth of gear and replaced every bit of it except his amulet within the first few hours of playtime.

He is using a pair of Frostburn Gauntlets FFS. Remember those? They used to give you a whooping 4% cold damage or some shit, LOL.

Sell, sell, sell!

Tc91

I won a monk set from a Twitch giveaway so now I'm capable of running mp7/8 but seeing as everyone is starting from scratch that kind of sucks.

Paragon farming is even useless now? Saw a streamer get 300k xp from a bounty.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The only thing that is worth any thing on the AH right now is gold as shocking as that sounds.

That is because gold is the only thing that is not completely useless in the expansion. [...]

Totally agree - I think the RMAH price of buying gold is going to go up and people are going to bail out of pretty much everything else.

I won a monk set from a Twitch giveaway so now I'm capable of running mp7/8 but seeing as everyone is starting from scratch that kind of sucks.

Paragon farming is even useless now? Saw a streamer get 300k xp from a bounty.

Paragon Farming isn't useless. There is a lot of time between now and RoS. In terms of maxing out Paragon; while the time invested NOW isn't going to be worth the same as time invested THEN (ie: you'll get paragon faster in RoS), last time I checked, you can't time travel so it's always nice to get a head start.

That is because gold is the only thing that is not completely useless in the expansion. Even hoarding up Marquise Gems right now is pointless, you get those more commonly than Flawless Square gems!

No point in hoarding Brimstones/Tears, they are useless.

I guess you can buy up all the crafting recipes but pretty much all of those are going to be useless as there are new recipes now.

It's a full on reset, everything you had before is worthless now. I would even say that Paragon leveling is not that worth it because EXP gaining is so fast in the expansion, you get like millions of EXP completing just a single Bounty.

Yeah there's a reason I messed around with nirvana spec and then decided break time. Though I am glad I got to P100 on my monk before expansion. I'm glad its not out until march or later too. Hopefully it gives me time for driveclub and infamous.

neoism

lol yeah salin meh gems now shame I didnt do it last week.... with those insane mystic cost.. may have to drop some dolla for some gold :p

My Barb went from P2 to P10 today. Though I can tell the levels are slowing down now. Definitely solo MP3 worthy, might bump him up again. For key farming specifically I'd still probably stick with the DH for now though.

Been having a lot more fun with the WW build than I've had on my DH in a long time. Grenades/sentry build sucks, but it's what I feel shoehorned into for higher MPs.

I think keys and organ pieces are still useful for RoS though. Maybe... I am not even sure about that.

Well unless there's a replacement for them (but more likely an addition if anything), the Hellfire Rings are still very useful. For leveling your new Crusader or whatever at the worst, even if you don't use them on a 70. They might buff the stats on newly crafted ones though, or introduce a new item that's similar in a different armor slot (possibly another ring, but could be an ammy or whatever) like the heirlooms in WoW.

Shifty76

I think keys and organ pieces are still useful for RoS though. Maybe... I am not even sure about that.

I just wish I could get rid of them from my inventory!
Might have to create a "garbage" character and give them to him then delete the character.

I have nearly 300 of the silly keys in my inventory - mostly A1 ones.

Tc91

Paragon Farming isn't useless. There is a lot of time between now and RoS. In terms of maxing out Paragon; while the time invested NOW isn't going to be worth the same as time invested THEN (ie: you'll get paragon faster in RoS), last time I checked, you can't time travel so it's always nice to get a head start.

Ahh okay, I'll get as much Paragon XP as I can then.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys

Level 60 monk builds/passives

Tell me!

Zeroth

I wouldn't spend a single gold coin on the AH again. Even the best geared people are going to find upgrades day 1. It's a full WoW style gear reset which is great and erases the effect of the AH.

Best is just to sell everything now and gear super cheap (like only a couple of millions) I've been logging on to do that, and some people are still buying stuff (not nearly as much tho).

Thanks. The reason I asked is because I'm curious as to when to sell my stuff, but decided to do it now rather than wait. Recovered a good bunch of my gold back, might leave with a profit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks guys!

As a monk, I'm supposed to go dual wield 1H weapons right?

Shifty76

Thanks guys!

As a monk, I'm supposed to go dual wield 1H weapons right?

That's certainly cheaper to gear for high MP's with, but 2H builds can also run higher MP's (it just costs a lot more to do so efficiently)

I'm not sure why any monk would choose to go sword & board (except maybe some HC builds) but some people enjoy that play style.

Just go whatever you enjoy.

Raxious

So annoying, part of me wants to play this game, but another part wants to wait till 2.0 loot comes out and another part of me wants to play it on PS4 xD

Shifty76

Already finished it on PS3 :p

2027738.jpg

Barb now more powerful than Demon Hunter ever was. Not just gear but class imbalances. He does something like 130-150k DPS now when buffed up. Sheet DPS is something like 110k, but that's hardly accurate since I use Frenzy and have a belt that increases Frenzy damage by 14%. Besides WotB.

Been doing MP7 now with him with ease, though I might see if I can bump it up to 8 without it becoming too tedious and/or dangerous. Health Link/Extra Health and Reflects Damage mods are the most annoying at higher levels since WotB won't last through the entire fight. Especially if combined with a CC skill like Jailer or Frozen - need the WotB to get out of that, otherwise I can die pretty fast. Could probably stand to tank up some more since I'm a bit low on health. Resistances I think are okay though. Replaced the one Skorn I had today with one with lifesteal - something like a 12k DPS loss, but the lifesteal makes it worth it since I can sub out the bloodthirst passive.

Profile here.

Few spots for improvement, but I probably won't spend much more, if anything, looking for them. Besides new/better Hellfire Rings - the one I have there is kinda crap.

Yoshichan

I am so, SO addicted to this game again.

Yoshichan

Nope, you should dual wield 2 handed weapons.

Depends on your build.

Wait, was this a joke or what? I can't dual wield 2H weapons right :(?

Yoshichan

DING! Level 60 monk!

Can anyone sometime help me get dat hellfire ring or something? I need mah experience boost for my other characters :3

Zeroth

Making some good profit on my old items. Haven't sold everything yet but I'm about 50M above what I was when I bought everything. It's nice when you sell the gear you bought for less than a million for about 10 times that.

MrDaravon

Maybe a weird question, but is anyone on the US servers having problems with rubberbanding specifically today? I've never really had problems with it before, but it is astronomically bad all of a sudden today, to the point where I had to give up playing my Barb. I have zero lag, and everything else is fine. I'm talking literally every single time I WW it's rubberbanding like a motherfucker, it's actually unplayable. Everything else is 100% fine, no latency and no lag.

DING! Level 60 monk!

Can anyone sometime help me get dat hellfire ring or something? I need mah experience boost for my other characters :3

I can work on farming them with you (you play US right? If EU for Diablo then no) since I need more myself.

Maybe a weird question, but is anyone on the US servers having problems with rubberbanding specifically today? I've never really had problems with it before, but it is astronomically bad all of a sudden today, to the point where I had to give up playing my Barb. I have zero lag, and everything else is fine. I'm talking literally every single time I WW it's rubberbanding like a motherfucker, it's actually unplayable. Everything else is 100% fine, no latency and no lag.

I had some rubberbanding on my WW barb today but I didn't chalk it up as anything out of the ordinary.

MrDaravon

I had some rubberbanding on my WW barb today but I didn't chalk it up as anything out of the ordinary.

It's mainly weird because I've pretty much never had rubberbanding issues at all, even when most people were. No idea. If this is what people are/were having to put up with then fuck that lol.

Sarcasm

Anybody have any decent 1H&sheild for barb for sale? Thinking about getting back in the game...to farm some gold lol (and paragon levels)

Boogdud

So I have $20 blizz bucks for the AH (I have no idea how, but there it is) what should I spend it on if I'm just approaching 60 on my first char?

Just mass gold for the mats/recipes? or what? I'm kinda clueless and just getting back into the game (that seems to be catching lately)

Getting back into D3. What's the best barb build nowadays?

Check here. And here. Former link is from the latter. I've been using a WW build with Frenzy since I found the 0 fury generator build a bit too harsh, but I might try the HotA build. Or maybe switch a passive to superstition and go for the 0 fury generator build again.

So I have $20 blizz bucks for the AH (I have no idea how, but there it is) what should I spend it on if I'm just approaching 60 on my first char?

Just mass gold for the mats/recipes? or what? I'm kinda clueless and just getting back into the game (that seems to be catching lately)

Gold will be the only thing worth buying before the expansion. Spend some on the GAH for gear if you need to, but don't stockpile crafting mats or anything. You don't really need to spend more than 10mil or so to have a strong character.

neoism

fuuuuuuuuuuu lol Ive watched like 25 hours of streams of ROS... then I go and play D3 and quit after 2 hours :/
fuck blizzards slow ass.. :(

Sarcasm

So anybody have any gear I can buy for my lvl 60 barb? I only have 448K gold lol...

Also what is a good stats goal? Min barrier or something.

So anybody have any gear I can buy for my lvl 60 barb? I only have 448K gold lol...

Also what is a good stats goal? Min barrier or something.

I have some spare things you could probably buy off me for cheap. But if you're starting from nothing, you can probably get a set that will let you hit up at least MP2 or 3 for less than 100k a piece. From there you can farm gold/items until you can afford or find better gear since you shouldn't die often at that difficulty, you'll be in the positive on gold and potions. And if you're really desperate you can sell gems and tomes of secrets in bulk for decent money - enough to get that basic set of gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom