• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

My god they finally fixed Demon Hunters, after over a year. Watching modz tear through mobs with his DH feels very good. I need this Beta in my life.

MrDaravon

So at this point would anyone suggest buying ANYTHING or is it all totally useless going into the expansion now? I was planning on getting RS gems in all slots going into the expansion because the very initial leaks/datamined weren't showing any additional gem levels, but if marquise/imperial gems are outright dropping in RoS then that seems like a waste, at least a current prices.

Xanathus

So at this point would anyone suggest buying ANYTHING or is it all totally useless going into the expansion now? I was planning on getting RS gems in all slots going into the expansion because the very initial leaks/datamined weren't showing any additional gem levels, but if marquise/imperial gems are outright dropping in RoS then that seems like a waste, at least a current prices.

I went back into D3 and got myself a Vit Hellfire ring for my new Crusader, that's pretty much it until RoS.

MrDaravon

I went back into D3 and got myself a Vit Hellfire ring for my new Crusader, that's pretty much it until RoS.

Sure, I just mean AH-wise. I have at least a couple hundred million to play with, just wondering if there's anything worthwhile at this point. I have a stash tab full of all the various crafting materials because that was cheap, but other than that and maybe gems I'm not sure if anything else is really worth it. Maaaaaybe SoJ's? I haven't seen how they roll in RoS yet though, but that's the only other thing I can think of.

Also people are clearly dumping RS gems now, they've dropped even more overnight. I just bought a RS Ruby for 15 mil.

Skab

Probably not, unless you want to farm up a Paragon. There is also supposedly going to be Feat of Strength for having at least one Paragon 100 before the expansion.

Shifty76

Are there any runs in particular that you'd recommend to accomplish this?

A2 VotA (for 5 stack) -> Oasis -> East/WEst Channels -> Storm Halls

Or

A1 Festering -> Leo's Manor (if not at 5 stacks) -> FoM including crypts/scavenger den if they spawn.

Each of those runs should take 10-15 mins and net a couple of hundred k gold per run.

Shifty76

What's a good XP farming run for a PL32 monk that can't handle MP10?

See above :)

Got a profile link? (preferably d3up format)
If you're using Overawe try switching it to Backlash as that often lets you bump up an MP level or two due to it's ridiculous survivability boost.

Add me ingame if you like and we can run together: Shifty76#1953

Shifty76

http://d3up.com/b/1218938

Thanks for the tips :)

Edit: America or Europe?

NA.

OK, here's what I'd do:

Fleet Footed -> Combo Strike
BoH -> WotHF:Blazing Fists

That change alone takes your completely buffed dps from 395k up to 457k and is 100% free.

Only use WotHF to get the 3 stack, then switch back to FoT, only tapping WotHF every 4-5 secs when the stack is about to run out.

Serenity I'd switch to Ascension rune - the heal rune is really weak. EIther that or ditch serenity completely for dashing strike quicksilver. Takes some getting used to, but DS really is superior to serenity in every situation.

I'd look at replacing pieces of gear that have "junk" rolls. Helm for example has 2 random rolls and you got Str and thorns - both useless. Physical resist + one other useful roll (more vit, life %, armour, all res) would be a much better option.

Rare ring you really need to lose the ehp rolls. Rings are one of the few slots that you can roll all dps affixes on, so you don't want to waste them on ehp which you can get pretty much anywhere else. That rare ring should have avg dmg, dex, cc and ideally one of ias or cd absolute minimum.

Ice Climbers are nice, but should have phys res rather than cold.

FACE

Banned
Most of the junk I'm using is there because I've stopped playing this for nearly an year, so now I'm dirt poor and I'm stuck with a few crappy items.

Once again, thanks for the tips man. I've just added you on battle.net.

Sothpaw

OK guys I wouldn't mind getting my WD up to MP10 caliber. Here he is. What do I need to change to get more dps/more ehp or whatever I need to do MP10. Thinking bats is the way to go for WD nowadays.

http://d3up.com/b/1219088

I have 700M in the bank and don't really mind buying another 700M if that's what it takes.

Shifty76

OK guys I wouldn't mind getting my WD up to MP10 caliber. Here he is. What do I need to change to get more dps/more ehp or whatever I need to do MP10. Thinking bats is the way to go for WD nowadays.

http://d3up.com/b/1219088

I have 700M in the bank and don't really mind buying another 700M if that's what it takes.

I'd ditch the lacuni's for a crafted bracer for more ehp. You really want around 450k ehp for MP10.

Chest has a wasted roll - I'd look for armour or life % there.

Helm you can get cc pretty easy.

HEre's my MP10 WD if you want to look for ideas: http://d3up.com/b/8673/shakazulu

Shifty76

So Shifty how excited are you for the new Inna set bonus?

Not excited enough to ditch my Tal's chest :D

@Mars: 4pc Inna's gives the base effects of all four mantras at the same time. Life regen is pretty much garbage (unless they scale it exponentially in RoS), dodge bonus = meh, thorns = meh, so the only useful one is Overawe, which you're likely running anyway.

Shifty76

holy crap you are decked out. on everyone.

One of my goals was to hit 200k unbuffed dps with every class, which I just accomplished a couple of weeks back.

I mostly rely on last second sniping items as I've never had anything worth more than 100m drop, and never bought gold or bought items to flip to make gold that way, so all those 200m+ items are well out of my reach.

One of the benefits of last second snipes is that when I eventually upgrade that piece I can often sell it for a decent profit, which in turn covers most of the cost of the upgrade.

MrDaravon

@Mars: 4pc Inna's gives the base effects of all four mantras at the same time. Life regen is pretty much garbage (unless they scale it exponentially in RoS), dodge bonus = meh, thorns = meh, so the only useful one is Overawe, which you're likely running anyway.

I've already seen items drop on stream that destroy a tal chest even accounting for the IAS%.

FACE

Banned

Oh, that's not very exciting :(

So what builds are good for a slightly under-geared Barb? Grabbed a Skorn today and he does 82k DPS or so - about 7k less than my much more expensive Demon Hunter, but he's kind of squishy. I tried that 0 fury generator build, but I don't think it was going to work very well with his level of gear. Maybe at MP2, but I was trying MP4 since my DH does that comfortably, up to MP6 or so with not uncommon deaths on more difficult packs.

I also have a fresh 60 Wizard to try out if there's a cheap build for them - finally cleared the last couple checkpoints of Hell earlier today.

Should note that my gold is really tight - less than 1mil and I still need to afford the Hellfire Ring recipe at some point - have 2/3 parts. I mean, I probably should just buy however many millions it is for $1.50 or whatever to ease the pain a bit, but that kind of ruins the challenge.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Here's a little chart using the data mined experience numbers - if you had 1 P100, you'll be account Paragon 116, and so on:

P100s - Account Paragon
1 - 116
2 - 165
3 - 204
4 - 236
5 - 264
6 - 290
7 - 314
8 - 336
9 - 357
10 - 376

Paragon 800 is about 45 P100s. (this is when you max out the non-primary Paragon point tabs)

Exp requirements drop after 60 in the new system so paragon 100 takes about 75% of the total experience it used to.

neoism

n4F9Hjx.jpg
:O

Xanathus

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
No beta invite, QQ. I was watching Kongor and my God, the Crusader abilities look amazing, I nearly shit the bed when he got on a horsey.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No beta invite, QQ. I was watching Kongor and my God, the Crusader abilities look amazing, I nearly shit the bed when he got on a horsey.

Nearly? Casual.

Sothpaw

When are the AH prices going to tank due to all these changes post-patch?

I wouldn't spend a single gold coin on the AH again. Even the best geared people are going to find upgrades day 1. It's a full WoW style gear reset which is great and erases the effect of the AH.

inky

When are the AH prices going to tank due to all these changes post-patch?

Best is just to sell everything now and gear super cheap (like only a couple of millions) I've been logging on to do that, and some people are still buying stuff (not nearly as much tho).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom