• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

This is my DH: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tunesmith-1650/hero/5599681
Caveat being I didn't play 1.0.5 onwards and only just now got back to it. :p

I've been rolling windforce on my DH as well and honestly it's been fun. I dunno if you play alone, but, if you do double windforce (give one to your scoundrel and stack ias) is pretty hilarious.

It's like the first time I've had fun with the class, which is great by me because I wanted to find something I liked on it and most popular builds were boring me.

Leckan

Hotfixes to the Beta.

Below you will find a list of hotfixes recently implemented in our Friends & Family Beta that address various bugs and mechanic tweaks. These have been implemented to encourage experimenting with other items, skills, or mechanics while we revisit them for the next patch.

These hotfixes should not require you to download a new patch for the Friends & Family Beta. Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented while others may require a restart of the game to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch. Also note that changes to certain abilities will not be reflected in its tooltip until a patch is issued.

Adventure Mode

Completing individual bounties will no longer reward a Horadric Cache.
Completing all five Bounties in an Act now also provides Blood Shards.
Completing a Nephalem Rift now also rewards a Greater Horadric Cache.
The XP and Gold rewards from completing Bounties have been reduced; the new values at level 70 are 85,000 XP and 11,800 gold.

Items

The following immunity Rings will no longer drop and have had their unique power disabled. Please note that immunity powers will be revisited in a later patch.
Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
The Tall Man's Finger
Wyrdward
Rogar's Huge Stone
Rechel's Ring of Larceny
Solanium will now produce Health Globes on Crushing Blow less frequently.
Pride of Cassius has had its unique power disabled. Please note that this item's power will be revisited in a later patch.
Removing and re-socketing a Helm or Sword with a Diamond gem no longer continuously increases the CDR and Elite Damage bonus

Classes
Crusader

Active Skills
Heaven's Fury
Bug: Now properly deals 1500% weapon damage over 5 seconds instead of every second.

Wizard

Active Skills
Shock Pulse
Skill Rune - Living Lightning
Proc coefficient has been lowered from 0.2 to 0.042.

Passive Skills
Dominance
Duration increase amount reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds per stack.
Shield amount reduced from 27,323 to 16,394 (at level 70).
Paralysis
Stun chance reduced from 20% to 15%.
Bug: Fixed an issue where Electrocute was generating too many procs from Paralysis.

MrDaravon

I'm at MrDaravon#1289 (US). I don't tend to add or run with people a lot because I frequently have real life distractions when I'm on, so I don't like being that guy who has to keep brb'ing and what. So feel free to add me, just keep in mind I may not always be there or respond timely :p

ZenaxPure

I'm at MrDaravon#1289 (US). I don't tend to add or run with people a lot because I frequently have real life distractions when I'm on, so I don't like being that guy who has to keep brb'ing and what. So feel free to add me, just keep in mind I may not always be there or respond timely :p

This is me too. I'd add people, but, I kinda play at my own pace (so I typically play alone). Lots of distractions while playing.

MrDaravon

Wow, that was faster than I expected. I hope people got some cool videos while it lasted.

Looking at that patch list honestly just makes me really glad they're putting out a beta this early. I feel like it would have been really easy for the game to launch like that and be fucked, and they'd have to scale existing items stats.

Holy shit, remember how they cut IAS stats in half? I'd totally forgotten about that already, goddamn.

lmpaler

Seeing some stuff about the new expansion and fuck me I may be interested again. I have been pretty out of the loop since the release because I walked the fuck away from this train wreck so can anyone fill me in, cliff notes, on what's been changed since release? Anything that looks promising in the new expansion etc. etc.

Or point me in the direction to do my own research.

Many thanks brethren.

Shifty76

So have 2 legendary weapons. One shown at link below. The other does 4k more dmg but - 1.0 protection and - 4k life. Preferred stat to go for?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/plbelanger-1923/hero/31052075

Well, the spear is garbage, so I'd go with whatever the other random weapon is.

Word of advice: AVOID stacking ehp rolls (vit, resists etc) on certain slots, weapons being the biggest of them, but jewelry coming a close second.

Two main reasons for that:

1) You switch out that weapon, and now your vit/resists suck. Now you need to go make up those lost stats on other pieces of gear. Or keep dying. Either way, it sucks.

2) Jewelry in particular is the only slot than can roll ALL the main dps affixes: Avg dmg, cc, cd, ias, main stat. That's five possible dps rolls out of six affixes. If you stack ehp rolls there you're taking up room that could be dps instead. Plus, reason #1 kicks in again whenever you want to upgrade that jewelry.

Try to stack those ehp rolls on shoulders, chest, boots, helm, and bracers (though you still want cc there) Belt is an option for ehp too, though if you roll with a witching hour it also doubles as a nice dps source. Gloves you can safely get 1-2 ehp rolls on too, but I wouldn't go overboard on ehp for the glove slot since ideally you'll want cc, cd, ias and mainstat, so that's four of six rolls that can be dps-oriented.

Pants can go either way. If you have enough ehp elsewhere, then Inna's are great for dps (but suck for ehp), or if you're not using Inna's, then pants can be a fantastic slot for ehp due to the ability to roll 300 vit as well as AR, armour etc.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I've been rolling windforce on my DH as well and honestly it's been fun. I dunno if you play alone, but, if you do double windforce (give one to your scoundrel and stack ias) is pretty hilarious.

It's like the first time I've had fun with the class, which is great by me because I wanted to find something I liked on it and most popular builds were boring me.

Didn't think of that, I'll have to get another one to try it out, sound pretty fun. Windforce's proc is the only reason I prefer it over a Manticore, even though those are technically better. Plus the Windforce has a vortex animation!

Dahbomb

Man Modz' Fire Wizard is so bad ass. Fire Black Hole into Meteors and Explosive Blast. Black Hole really completes the Wizard as a class as it allows them to combo into so many skills properly.

Also is the WD Piranha skill bugged? At the very least it seems the proc coeffecient is way too high on them because there's a WD who is soloing Torment 6 with decent to good gear (not absurd trifecta).

V_Arnold

Man Modz' Fire Wizard is so bad ass. Fire Black Hole into Meteors and Explosive Blast. Black Hole really completes the Wizard as a class as it allows them to combo into so many skills properly.

Also is the WD Piranha skill bugged? At the very least it seems the proc coeffecient is way too high on them because there's a WD who is soloing Torment 6 with decent to good gear (not absurd trifecta).

I do not see a Piranha rune that does more than 900% damage, so there are many +piranha stats on the items maybe?

Dahbomb

I do not see a Piranha rune that does more than 900% damage, so there are many +piranha stats on the items maybe?
Nah man there is no way he can out put that much damage even if all his gear had plus Piranha damage buff. When you see his game play you see everything from white mobs to elites to bosses getting their health whittled down in seconds by the Piranha and all sorts of crit/Crushing procs going off.

It seems that because of Crushing blow, minion/pet/sentry type builds are way better now. Their damage can be shit but as long as there are many of them attacking it procs a ton of Crushing Blow. I even saw a Phalanx Command Crusader build who used those summoned units both defrnsively and offensively. Same for DHs using Sentry with Rapid Fire to proc Crushing Blow. Seems like if you can't abuse Crushing Blow in the beta your build is ass.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
AH protip (maybe?): pretty sure all resist Inna's pants are going to go up in value a lot if they're not getting flipped already. The dex on them can be rerolled to a higher value in RoS and then you're left with a nice AR roll and another two slots for AR from diamonds.

Things might change with updated gem stat scaling later, but for now the AR pants are looking like they'll be worth more than dex/vit ones which are currently BIS for DPS.

Dahbomb

I would say the same for Mempo, Witching Hour, Nats ring and other trifecta type items. You can just reroll the main stat higher if you are not worried about armor that much. They didn't mess with trifecta much at all in the expansion.

Also its not the piranhas that are bugged, its the Toads! Or the guy says that it might be the Legendary that is bugged.

Sarcasm

Probably DH or something ranged.

Also whats a good companion? How to equip? I been using the mage..chickens are just too good lol!

MrDaravon

Probably DH or something ranged.

Also whats a good companion? How to equip? I been using the mage..chickens are just too good lol!

The DH is by far the slowest character to level actually. In the time it took me to get my DH from ~80 to 100 I could have gotten a Barb from 0 to 100.

Most people will use the Scoundrel for his CC skill, which works even if he dies. On top of that you can also get him a Buriza crossbow which has a chance to freeze and/or pierce enemies and give him the skills where he fires 3 bolts with every attack. Some people will use the Enchantress for her IAS % skill if you're real close to hitting an IAS % breakpoint, but she's generally not as good and you lose the IAS% bonus from her if she does since it's an aura and not the passive like the Scoundrel's. I don't think anyone really uses the Templar, only thing I could think of is if you were running a build where you really need a bit more resource regen since he has a skill that increases your regen by a bit.

Well, the spear is garbage, so I'd go with whatever the other random weapon is.

Word of advice: AVOID stacking ehp rolls (vit, resists etc) on certain slots, weapons being the biggest of them, but jewelry coming a close second.

Two main reasons for that:

1) You switch out that weapon, and now your vit/resists suck. Now you need to go make up those lost stats on other pieces of gear. Or keep dying. Either way, it sucks.

2) Jewelry in particular is the only slot than can roll ALL the main dps affixes: Avg dmg, cc, cd, ias, main stat. That's five possible dps rolls out of six affixes. If you stack ehp rolls there you're taking up room that could be dps instead. Plus, reason #1 kicks in again whenever you want to upgrade that jewelry.

Try to stack those ehp rolls on shoulders, chest, boots, helm, and bracers (though you still want cc there) Belt is an option for ehp too, though if you roll with a witching hour it also doubles as a nice dps source. Gloves you can safely get 1-2 ehp rolls on too, but I wouldn't go overboard on ehp for the glove slot since ideally you'll want cc, cd, ias and mainstat, so that's four of six rolls that can be dps-oriented.

Pants can go either way. If you have enough ehp elsewhere, then Inna's are great for dps (but suck for ehp), or if you're not using Inna's, then pants can be a fantastic slot for ehp due to the ability to roll 300 vit as well as AR, armour etc.

Thanks for info. Actually updated profile to show you the weapon I was talking about
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/plbelanger-1923/hero/31052075

Sarcasm

Well killed Diablo in Inferno...no good drops -.-

I need to work on my profession and figure out how to gear my scoundrel dude.

ZenaxPure

Didn't think of that, I'll have to get another one to try it out, sound pretty fun. Windforce's proc is the only reason I prefer it over a Manticore, even though those are technically better. Plus the Windforce has a vortex animation!

I don't really know how proc rates works for the Scoundrel, but, just from experience it procs like fucking crazy on him. Enemies pretty much never get up in my grill and I feel like it's mostly his doing.

Raticus79

I don't really know how proc rates works for the Scoundrel, but, just from experience it procs like fucking crazy on him. Enemies pretty much never get up in my grill and I feel like it's mostly his doing.

Hmm, if follower attacks have good proc rates, that explains how Kripp's templar was getting such good results with crushing blow.

Dahbomb

Its not just followers, its most minions and companions as well. A DH using Sentry and Companions in Torment 6 has more damage output coming from her minions than herself thanks to Crushing Blow procs. Same for a Phalanx Crusader, the Phalanx units are doing more damage than pretty much any other Crusader skill because they are procing Crushing Blow regularly.

Dahbomb

Is it true that critical hits can apply on top of Crushing Blows?

Like if you crit a monster for 25% health... you can have a crit apply on top of that Crushing blow to essentially almost one shot an enemy in Torment 6? If so this needs fixing, you should never get crit and crushing blow on the same proc it should be one or the other.

And people have confirmed that Plague of Toads with the new Legendary are in fact bugged.

Blue post confirmed that drops in beta are over tuned for testing purposes:

The current legendary acquisition rate is higher than planned for launch. We will continue to tune this to arrive at an ideal reward rate, but in the meantime it allows our beta testers to get their hands on a variety of items for testing purposes.

Raticus79

Is it true that critical hits can apply on top of Crushing Blows?

Like if you crit a monster for 25% health... you can have a crit apply on top of that Crushing blow to essentially almost one shot an enemy in Torment 6? If so this needs fixing, you should never get crit and crushing blow on the same proc it should be one or the other.

lol, that explains a lot if it's true. CB + 300% crit damage = "I win" vs regular mobs. Takes it from 12.5% to 50% vs elites, which is still massive.

Dahbomb

Someone on the Diablofans forum said that they did and that's how sometimes you start a Elite/boss fight where they start off like 50% or below health because a Crushing Blow proced with a crit.

V_Arnold

Dahbomb: I can confirm this. Sometimes elites literally MELT when I am only preparing my first hits (one meteor and maybe a black hole), and when that happens on Torment, when elite fights last at least 20+ seconds for me is SURPRISING to say the least.

The fastest and most suprising way to melt elites is when you crushing blow multiple health linked elites. THAT is like true vanish.

Dahbomb

Yeah Health Linked elites dieing fast is pretty funny. It would happen when Kripp would use the Beam on one of them and they would all die instantly.

Shifty76

What quest to what quest? Sorry for my questions I am in accounting class atm :)

I believe any quest after the imprisoned angel or whatever it's called works.
I usually just pick the very last one and wp to FoM.

Decaying Crypts if they spawn is about the highest xp/hr in the game right now.

MrDaravon

CC is Critical (hit) Chance. The Scoundrel has a skill that passively increases your CC by 3%. The Enchantress has one that increases your attack speed by 3%, but it's not as good since it goes away if she dies (it's an active aura she is casting, whereas the Scoundrel one is a passive that you keep even if he's downed). Also generally speaking CC is preferable to IAS unless you're 3% or less to hitting a breakpoint on something, and even then I don't personally prefer it since you lose it if she dies or gets too far away from you.

Raticus79

Depending on where you were reading "CC", they might have been referring to "crowd control" which you can get by giving the scoundrel a Buriza and freezing everything with the split shot.

Raticus79

A new monk legendary in RoS:

Ng586D0.png

All Nirvana all the time!
This is coming from a bug report about the obvious implications with cooldown gear, lol.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10716941743

I think they're probably just going to break Nirvana by stopping the WotHF DoT from counting as a spirit generator so it doesn't generate spirit any more with Infused with Light. I think they must know about the build at this point, so it would be silly to work to introduce such a broken thing if they didn't have a plan.

Shifty76

A new monk legendary in RoS:

All Nirvana all the time!
This is coming from a bug report about the obvious implications with cooldown gear, lol.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10716941743

I think they're probably just going to break Nirvana by stopping the WotHF DoT from counting as a spirit generator so it doesn't generate spirit any more with Infused with Light. I think they must know about the build at this point, so it would be silly to work to introduce such a broken thing if they didn't have a plan.

Drool

Dahbomb

Nirvana was one of the big builds in Vanilla, was surprised it wasn't nerfrd in RoS. It probably will once they figure it out more or so it more often. Blizzard generally doesn't like limitless resource Regen in this game.

Shifty76

Nirvana was one of the big builds in Vanilla, was surprised it wasn't nerfrd in RoS. It probably will once they figure it out more or so it more often. Blizzard generally doesn't like limitless resource Regen in this game.

They halved the spirit you get from IWL (from 8 to 4), plus the DoT effect on FoF only lasts 3 seconds as opposed to 5.

Those are pretty significant nerfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom