• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talaysen

The Legendaries that mostly drop in RoS are mostly the ones with the new affixes. That's why hardly anyone has a RoS Mempo or Bonesaber.

This is mostly for testing purposes, they want to test the new Legendary affixes.

Blizzard nerfed the Gladiator Gauntlets that dropped a ton of gold.... lol why? As if getting a ton of gold for massacre bonuses was OP.

You could farm the first boss in Act 4 (the one that summons a lot of minions) for massacre bonuses and massive golds.

It was pretty OP.

neoism

its a real shame seeing all these changes WTF just shows you they really dont know what will work or not and definitely the main reason they take for fucking ever.... I mean damn blizz just commit to your decisions and go with it... :/ it doesn't help the fans are the QA team either...

Dahbomb

its a real shame seeing all these changes WTF just shows you they really dont know what will work or not and definitely the main reason they take for fucking ever.... I mean damn blizz just commit to your decisions and go with it... :/ it doesn't help the fans are the QA team either...
I would much rather this than Blizzard committing to their vision and resulting in yet another broken game on launch.

My guess is that they pretty much added in all the content of RoS and didn't really balance anything. They left it all to the beta which is why its a no NDA no rules type of beta which is rare from Blizzard.

Talaysen

My friends list was full so I had to remove some people that hadn't been on in awhile. Sorry guys. They really should up the number of friends you can have though.

Cipherr

Lol wut. This is the exact opposite of what we all said at D3 launch.

Not having a real beta is why the game shipped with exploitable Smoke Screen. Infinite invincibility on 4 monks rotating a single skill and Static Chest farming via resetting games.

They are doing it right this time. Its beta, things are supposed to change between beta and release if its broken..... Last time they didn't, and we got a shitty launch. Just look at that video with the gloves and the gold, that is very very very clearly broken.

AEGISX

Banned
Mw2 and mvc2 were broken, but they were fun as hell. I think it's not a bad idea to not fix what's broken. I saw athene talking about how RoS end game is worse than D3, kripp got super bored with RoS, this makes me worried more than anything

Mw2 and mvc2 were broken, but they were fun as hell. I think it's not a bad idea to not fix what's broken. I saw athene talking about how RoS end game is worse than D3, kripp got super bored with RoS, this makes me worried more than anything

How is this even possible? They're giving us more distractions and options to farm better and better gear ...

My friends list was full so I had to remove some people that hadn't been on in awhile. Sorry guys. They really should up the number of friends you can have though.

CM wiz had all the friends!!!

MrDaravon

"Cursed Chests" being added into the next PTR patch: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1slmbu/cursed_chests_in_next_ptr/

Similarly, while a big focus of the any Blizzard beta is polish and refinement, that doesn't mean the only thing we intend to do during beta is remove content. As an example, we've taken the bulk of content that was once Nephalem Trials and converted them into a new style of event called Cursed Chests. These events should be available in the next phase of testing and on the PTR, and we’ll be able to share a bit more about them as that draws nearer.

No idea.

Hey guys, Anyone have tips for my Barbarian or Monk/Wizard? Is my skill selection inefficient? How are my passives? (for the Barbarian)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KiroxViper-1677/hero/933468

Now the items....they are bad aren't they? Mind you I'm not that good at this game, well I'm okay but the game rarely requires skill, what I don't have is vast amount of time :(

I'm trying to build up my paragon level in preparation for the expansion pack, what items should I be aspiring for? I only have 800K, I can make 800K every 3-4 hours, however I try to avoid the auction house it makes me lose interest in the game.

However if I need something to survive act 3/4 of Inferno at Monster Level 2-4, then by all means I'm all ears on what I have to Improve and what items I need to get.

Thanks guys.

ZenaxPure

Man, people have really been buying up shit on the AH lately (I guess to get rid of some gold if they have too much or something). Made over 100 million in the past week.

I'm just going to hoard it for now though, may as well since I don't feel like I have anything left I want to upgrade.

Wolfie5

New ROS patch:
Changed Legendary Passive Effects, Class Changes, New Strings for Difficulty, Uber Diablo, Callouts, Cursed Chest and Much More

All this can be found below. Note that this is datamining and therefore should not be considered fact. There are many strings for currently unreleased and not-talked-about features of the game.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/47883-new-reaper-of-souls-beta-patch

EDIT:
"ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_521_x1 - Shrine effects last for 10 minutes. (down from 1 hour)"
Isn´t 10 minutes still a lot? Maybe I don´t have a good time estimate, but felt like you found new shrines every 10 minutes, I could be wrong.

"ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_624_x1 - Zombie Dogs instead summons a single gargantuan dog with more damage and health than all other dogs combined. (previously was "combined power of all dogs")"
Oooh, I wanna see this one :)

What the... changes to all classes including followers, but nothing on WD.

Dahbomb

They basically nerfed every single "OP" Legendary that was discovered in the beta.

Except for the Solanius change, I actually that might be too good. Having globes spawn on Crit chance (even if its a low percentage chance) is still kinda too good when combined with the other globe Legendaries.

Seems like they are adding Crushing Blow and Splash damage in Paragon points.

Monsters got 2 new affixes.

LOL they actually NERFED Rain of Vengeance skill for Demon Hunter. Also the values on her companions seem bugged as hell, some values are too high (1000% of your resistances? yea OK buddy) and some values are too low or effects are completely removed.

There are no words!

And they nerfed SSS and WoL on Monks.... LAME AS FUCK!!!!

They didn't even nerf the aspects of Steed Charge that actually make it OP... jesus christ Blizzard WTF!

Wolfie5

"CanOverkill - Can overkill enemies"

What the hell does that mean? They explode or something?

Cursed chest stuff:

CursedChest_Horde_BonusChestInfo - Slay {Param1} monsters to unlock a Bonus Chest!
CursedChest_Horde_KillCount - A total of {Param1} monsters were killed before the timer ended.
CursedChest_Wave_EarnBonusChest - Wave {Param1} cleared! Bonus Chest earned!
CursedChest_Wave_EndEvent - Time has run out! You cleared {Param1} waves{/c) of enemies.

Gizmos.txt

x1_Global_Chest_CursedChest - Cursed Chest
x1_Event_CursedShrine - Cursed Shrine
x1_Global_Chest_CursedChest_B - Cursed Chest

Dahbomb

I think overkill means that when you land the killing blow it does an obscene amount of damage. Or at least that's what I think it means.

Wolfie5

I kinda suspect that as well.

oh and there are new infernal machines:

CraftingReagent_Legendary_Unique_InfernalMachine_Diablo_x1 - Key of Evil
DemonOrgan_Diablo_x1 - Heart of Evil
DemonOrgan_Ghom_x1 - Vial of Putridness
DemonOrgan_SiegeBreaker_x1 - Idol of Terror
DemonOrgan_SkeletonKing_x1 - Leoric's Regret

InfernalMachine_Diablo_x1 - Infernal Machine of Evil
InfernalMachine_Ghom_x1 - Infernal Machine of Gluttony
InfernalMachine_SiegeBreaker_x1 - Infernal Machine of War
InfernalMachine_SkeletonKing_x1 - Infernal Machine of Bones

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
ItemSets.txt
- Golden_Oxen_Set_x1 - Golden Oxen Set
- Phoenix_Set_x1 - Phoenix Set
- Demon_Hunter_Set_x1 - Demon Hunter Set
- Monk_Lightning_Set_x1 - Monk Lightning Set
- Dot_Set_x1 - Witch Doctor DoT Set
- Crusader_Set_x1 - Crusader Set
- Monkey_King_Set_x1 - Monkey King Set
- Arcane_Wraps_Set_x1 - Arcane Wraps Set
- Istvans_Paired_Blades_Set_x1 - Istvan's Paired Blades

Hmm, Golden Oxen is for charge, so maybe Monkey King = leap? Travis mentioned they had a leap set in the livestream last night. Edit: nope, someone on reddit pointed out the Monkey King was a fictional character with monk-style abilities. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong

Raticus79

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11954349/patch-201-ptr-now-available-12-12-2013

Patch 2.0.1 PTR is live.

Apparently so, I can't find the option to create a PTR account though in my battle.net

"Note: If you've participated in any previous Diablo III PTR, the "Create PTR account" button may not appear. This is because you've already created a PTR account and can therefore skip this step."

Also: "We're looking into the issue where players cannot see the "Beta: Reaper of Souls" option when in the Battle.net desktop app (and after successfully creating a PTR account)."

Apparently it shows up as "PTR: Diablo III" in the desktop launcher when it's showing up correctly.

Wolfie5

Yeah, don´t think anyone is able to play PTR right now. Blizzard posted the news a bit too early. Hopefully it will start working soon(our time, not Blizzard).

EDIT:

New Event: Cursed Chests
Chests scattered about Sanctuary are now occasionally cursed, starting an event once they are inspected. Some chest events spawn in both Campaign and Adventure modes, while others are exclusive to Adventure mode. Like other events, completing a cursed chest event provides a small gold and experience reward. Chests offer a variety of challenges, including endless monster waves, timed events, and potentially spawning bosses out in the open world! Once the associated event is completed, the chest will be cleansed into a Radiant Chest, ripe for the looting!

Nice!

AEGISX

Banned
downloaded, launched, saw "reaper of souls", excited, tried to creat a crusader then it says I have to upgrade to the expension and an empty web page popped up... fuck

Tried to copy my characters into PTR.
creat a level 1 character, check
go back to main page, check
click "copy character" on upper right corner, what "copy character" button? there's only one button says "upgrade" fuck

Ashodin

downloaded, launched, saw "reaper of souls", excited, tried to creat a crusader then it says I have to upgrade to the expension and an empty web page popped up... fuck

Tried to copy my characters into PTR.
creat a level 1 character, check
go back to main page, check
click "copy character" on upper right corner, what "copy character" button? there's only one button says "upgrade" fuck

Yep upgrade banner is just there lol. Silly. Also I made the GAF clan, search for tag GAF!

AEGISX

Banned
not fixed dude, still says upgrade for me. reloaded over 10 times already.
did you finish downloading? I am still downloading, but playable

AEGISX

Banned
finally copied my character over to PTR, then cant get into the game.
server que for long time and no responce.
why do you even need a fucking server for this fucking game to begin with, fucking fail

Raticus79

Yep upgrade banner is just there lol. Silly. Also I made the GAF clan, search for tag GAF!

All right, I'm in. Make sure you type it in upper case "GAF" when searching, looks like it's case sensitive.

Now we need some names for the guild ranks.

After you log into PTR and make your first character, log out and back in to get rid of the upgrade banner and access the copy button.

why do you even need a fucking server for this fucking game to begin with, fucking fail

Fucking piracy, man

Shifty76

Got in the 2.0 thing, had a bunch of lvl 61 items drop which I can't use as I can't level up. Quit to reset map but after 15 min wait time figured I'd just wait until tomorrow.

Raticus79

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend anyone taking the day off tomorrow to play... probably won't be able to get in for a while.

MrDaravon

Got in the 2.0 thing, had a bunch of lvl 61 items drop which I can't use as I can't level up. Quit to reset map but after 15 min wait time figured I'd just wait until tomorrow.

Yeah, seeing a lot of people saying a lot of level 61 items are dropping which is kind of hilariously stupid and pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom