• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodh

Found a lvl 70 item on PTR just now:

Two things that makes PTR less fun than current vanilla D3:

1. It´s easy (hardest difficulty is too low, hope they fix it soon)
2. Monster density has been lowered. Why? change it back to live version! Or are we suppose to go back to grinding Act 3 again?

I believe monster density is still the same as before the adjustments in current vanilla MP0, and I think it's back up once you switch to Torment difficulty in RoS.

MrDaravon

Found a lvl 70 item on PTR just now:

Two things that makes PTR less fun than current vanilla D3:

1. It´s easy (hardest difficulty is too low, hope they fix it soon)
2. Monster density has been lowered. Why? change it back to live version! Or are we suppose to go back to grinding Act 3 again?

1. In PTR you can't do Torment because you can't be level 70 outside of RoS. I wouldn't worry about that.
2. They smoothed out density; areas that no one ever went to before are loaded, and they toned down all of the super hot spots that everyone just ran over and over like FoM. It's kind of a moot point because on RoS release Campaign is basically useless for grinding, you'd be wanting to do Adventure mode for Rifts/Bounties. Campaign would really only be something people play for achievements or the guaranteed legendaries from the first time you kill a act boss with that character.

Wolfie5

Than, it´s not much of an issue for me if Torment fixes the density. The game is so much more fun with it, as it is right now in the live version. :)

On an other note I like the "Cursed chest" challenge, where you basically enter horde mode and have to kill certain amount of monsters before the time runs out.
I have been in 3 times now and only once did our party manage to beat it in time. Got to open 2 chests. 2 other players got legendaries, not me though.

Nice thread with cursed chest locations:
http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...l-discussion/80044-ptr-cursed-chest-locations

ZenaxPure

2. They smoothed out density; areas that no one ever went to before are loaded, and they toned down all of the super hot spots that everyone just ran over and over like FoM. It's kind of a moot point because on RoS release Campaign is basically useless for grinding, you'd be wanting to do Adventure mode for Rifts/Bounties. Campaign would really only be something people play for achievements or the guaranteed legendaries from the first time you kill a act boss with that character.

I am really looking forward to adventure mode honestly. I'm still chipping away trying to play a little as my leg allows (currently plvl 83) and man I am pretty tired of all the typical hotspots at this point. I'm looking forward to having more variety on how it all works.

MrDaravon

Been doing achievement mop-up the last week or so here, does anyone know or recall how rare the Bashiok spawn is? I'm trying to find him on Normal right now so it's super easy and low impact, but he doesn't seem to want to spawn.

Also at some point I'm going to have to enlist someone's help for some of the co-op achievements. I need someone to carry me through the ones for beating bosses on hell with no equipment, and I'm missing some of the random ones for doing quests in co-op because no one ever goes to those areas/quests along with I'm missing some of the bosses on lower difficulties in co-op. For some reason I can't bring myself to try doing some of those in public games, feels like a dick move haha.

ys45

How is the game now for PC gamers ? Is it still the same shitty system where you need to update your gears at AH or are we getting decent loot from drops now ?
What are the major changes since release ? I played for like 3-4 months after release then gave up .

I wanted to get back into the game but i think i should wait for RoS maybe .

AEGISX

Banned
How is the game now for PC gamers ? Is it still the same shitty system where you need to update your gears at AH or are we getting decent loot from drops now ?
What are the major changes since release ? I played for like 3-4 months after release then gave up .

I wanted to get back into the game but i think i should wait for RoS maybe .
the drop is still as bad as vanilla at release.
loot 2.0 isnt here yet, its on public beta testing realm. you can download the PTR. i tried, its exately like the console version, good item drop rate is much higher. you can actually do self found playthrough. just whatever found on PTR will be vanished once the testing is over.

ys45

the drop is still as bad as vanilla at release.
loot 2.0 isnt here yet, its on public beta testing realm. you can download the PTR. i tried, its exately like the console version, good item drop rate is much higher. you can actually do self found playthrough. just whatever found on PTR will be vanished once the testing is over.

Oh thanks I will wait for that loot 2.0 then , is it coming with the expansion or its going to be a patch ?
Can't believe they have not patched the PC version yet with that loot 2.0 -_-

bogg

You can do self found now, it's just way faster to buy gear from the AH.
You should wait for the expansion though if you want to get into the game.

AEGISX

Banned
yea i forgot to mention the Monster power introduced. there are 11 levels of difficulties (0-10), old inferno is equivilent to MP3-4.
yes you can do complete self found inferno clear but only possible on the lower monster powers up to MP1-2 with reasonable time spend farming for gear. self found on MP greater than 3 is possible, just takes years of farming.

Into

I still cannot log in, error 3001 or something

Game did not work yesterday either, this is EU.

Countless posts on their tech forums

Dorfdepp

Neo Member

Same here. Tried the PTR and the Wizard skill redesign makes me very happy, reinvigorated my interest in D3 and I decided to level a new hardcore monk to grind a few paragon levels. Someone probably spilled coffee on the servers again...

Wolfie5

Hmm, worked just fine for me yesterday.
Haven't tried today, will try later when I get home.EU as well.

EDIT:
Works now as well, just logged in.

Anustart

Finally leveling a Barbarian. They're all the rage with the alpha-male wanna be gamers and so I decided to take the plunge.

So far, I'm not liking the class as much as Witch Doctor, but that's to be expected, as no class can really compete with the WD :)

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Played PTR and the drops are too damn low. Played for a long time without any drops so I killed Rakanoth with all of my characters to get legendaries and boy are they bad. I mentioned the axe I found in another post. Since then I've found (all from Rakanoth since I've yet to find one in actual play despite putting in like 10-15 hours)...

Bracers with the affix "health shrines will refill your resources as well"
2H Mace with the affix 4% chance on crit to drop a health globe
Blackthorne's Belt (don't remember the affix but it was trash)
Some pants with a random name that were trash
Some quiver with a random name that causes bolas to explode immediately. This one is OK. Not great, but not a slap in the face like the others I've found.

Another thing that makes no sense is the fact that the drop rate for legendaries is the same on normal as master. The only thing the difficulty boosts are xp and gold (and neither scale exactly with monster HP). If you ask me, if monster health is lets say 200% then everything needs to be boosted by 200% to make it worth while.

Wolfie5

Played PTR and the drops are too damn low. Played for a long time without any drops so I killed Rakanoth with all of my characters to get legendaries and boy are they bad. I mentioned the axe I found in another post. Since then I've found (all from Rakanoth since I've yet to find one in actual play despite putting in like 10-15 hours)...

Some quiver with a random name that causes bolas to explode immediately. This one is OK. Not great, but not a slap in the face like the others I've found.

Another thing that makes no sense is the fact that the drop rate for legendaries is the same on normal as master. The only thing the difficulty boosts are xp and gold (and neither scale exactly with monster HP). If you ask me, if monster health is lets say 200% then everything needs to be boosted by 200% to make it worth while.

Wait, you don't get better chance for good items on higher difficulty?
Is this true for Torment difficulties as well?

Very strange if true.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Wait, you don't get better chance for good items on higher difficulty?
Is this true for Torment difficulties as well?

Very strange if true.

It is true for Normal through Master. Torment boosts MF. You can have over 3000% (yes, thousand) MF on torment 6. But keep in mind MF is only 10% as effective for legendaries after the changes they made to MF for RoS. So 3000 in the new system is like 300 in the old (for legendaries). MF now scales with the rarity. It is 100% effective on blues or something like that and it drops down to 10% on legendaries (with yellows somewhere in between, can't remember exact numbers...30 i think).

But still, I bet I can kill things a lot faster on normal and find more items than I could on torment despite the added MF.

MrDaravon

It is true for Normal through Master. Torment boosts MF. You can have over 3000% (yes, thousand) MF on torment 6. But keep in mind MF is only 10% as effective for legendaries after the changes they made to MF for RoS. So 3000 in the new system is like 300 in the old (for legendaries). MF now scales with the rarity. It is 100% effective on whites and it drops down to 10% on legendaries (with blues and yellows somewhere in between, can't remember exact numbers).

But still, I bet I can kill things a lot faster on normal and find more items than I could on torment despite the added MF.

Unless they changed it in the most recent patch, there are legendaries and plans that ONLY start dropping on certain levels of Torment as well though.

I honestly think the vanilla PTR is kinda useless, and is leading to a lot of skewed opinions and perspectives. Not having the Mystic, level 70, Torment, Rifts, Bounties, etc makes this feel completely pointless, especially when there is a beta going on that DOES have all of that. I played it for an hour, melted Master and got a bunch of level 61 items I literally can't equip and said fuck this.

Tc91

Unless they changed it in the most recent patch, there are legendaries and plans that ONLY start dropping on certain levels of Torment as well though.

I honestly think the vanilla PTR is kinda useless, and is leading to a lot of skewed opinions and perspectives. Not having the Mystic, level 70, Torment, Rifts, Bounties, etc makes this feel completely pointless, especially when there is a beta going on that DOES have all of that. I played it for an hour, melted Master and got a bunch of level 61 items I literally can't equip and said fuck this.

Did the same. Found some legendary braces which give you a speed boost when you break something in the environment which were kind of cool, haven't logged on it since.

Like you said it's just pointless when the beta is there. Best to just hope you get invited.

Really glad I'm not in the beta for this game. I want to experience it in a well balanced format with friends. I know that if I got in I'd play it a lot until I no longer am excited for release.

Talaysen

I got a Cindercoat (increases fire damage by 19%, reduces cost of fire skills by 30%) and Magefist (increases fire damage by 29%, doubles duration of fire elemental effects) so I'm running a fire wizard and raining down meteors everywhere. It's pretty great. I've gotten two legendaries outside of the guaranteed ones from Rakanoth too, but nothing great. The cloak that makes Demon Hunter's wolf familiar summon three is pretty cool I guess.

Monsters having 200% HP does not mean you are killing half as many monsters in a given time frame, so the rewards don't need to be 200%. It's the same idea as monster power. In MP10 monsters had like over 50x the HP, but even with only ~6x EXP it was still worth it to farm it for EXP.

They fixed the level 61 item thing. Now the only L61 items that drop are follower tokens.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Monsters having 200% HP does not mean you are killing half as many monsters in a given time frame, so the rewards don't need to be 200%. It's the same idea as monster power. In MP10 monsters had like over 50x the HP, but even with only ~6x EXP it was still worth it to farm it for EXP.

They don't need to be exactly 200% but it needs to be close to that. The rewards definitely should not be the same from normal through master, which is where the game is right now.

MrDaravon

They fixed the level 61 item thing. Now the only L61 items that drop are follower tokens.

That's good, I didn't see anyone over on reddit or the forums post that. All of my other points still stand though, I just don't really see much of a point in what we're supposed to be testing given they have an actual beta also running with the relevant additions.

Edit: Oh weird, in RoS apparently Tome of Secrets don't drop at all anymore, and any recipes that use them now use DE's or other materials instead? Odd.

Atlantis

Decided to test out Loot 2.0 on the PTR by leveling a new character and it's been a blast. My gear is constantly rotating and I have several items in my stash that I change depending on spec. Simple things like adding damage to Hydra or Electric Damage can immediately cause a spec change, it's fun.

The Wizard skill changes are pretty awesome, too. Especially Wave of Force and Arcane Orb. I tried a Fire-focused build after receiving a Magefist, but it wasn't all that fun. Right now I'm using Sleet Storm/Electric build and it's awesome.

The only issue I've had with the new loot is gearing my follower. Obviously Enchantress isn't a problem, but I've been using the Templar and I've had to completely rely on vendors to gear him outside of his token slot.

MrDaravon

Yeah, achievements are pretty rough. I choose to ignore them so I don't wind up miserable.

---

New legendary, Rimeheart, has a 10% chance to kill frozen targets. Works on elites and bosses at a reduced chance.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1t75ko/i_hope_this_gearbuild_makes_it_live/

Interesting experiment. I wonder if %kill effects will make it to live.

It mostly sucks because I'm actually really close. Outside of the remaining Hardcore achievements, I only have 5 challenges achievements left, and then some bullshit co-op quest/boss ones I just need to get with someone and do in like an hour.

That legendary build seems like a crapshoot, people in that thread there seem to be saying that it procs pretty rarely. Some theorycrafting about just hardcore tanking at the expense of DPS to see if it would be worth it on bosses and maybe elites, but it's hard to say without someone who has that setup going in the RoS beta to see if it's viable on Torment or not. It's almost kinda sorta like crushing blow, but you have to super dedicate to it. Potentially interesting but hard to say.

Dahbomb

That Rimeheart Frost Monk build looks pretty sick. Lots of synergies in there.

Haven't been keeping up with the RoS streams since they change so much with the hotfixes/patches... what's the latest OP build that crushes Torment 6?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
WD's were getting 400m hits with splash damage. It's calculated based on the overall power of a DoT over its duration and happens instantly. With the 5 minute pestilence passive, pestilence itself critting, and then the splash damage having its own crit roll, things got pretty crazy. Not sure if that still works.

MrDaravon

WD's were getting 400m hits with splash damage. It's calculated based on the overall power of a DoT over its duration and happens instantly. With the 5 minute pestilence passive, pestilence itself critting, and then the splash damage having its own crit roll, things got pretty crazy. Not sure if that still works.

Oh wow, Splash damage was calculating the total sum of DoT attacks? I can't imagine that's intentional?

Also Raticus since you're in the beta, let me ask you a quick question: using the Mystic can you roll CC on helms? Like if I have this Mempo going into RoS, could I just re-roll the Int into CC, or no?

Raticus79

Hmm, split affixes like int/vit don't roll on new items any more, so I'm not sure what the reroll possibilities are. I think I might be able to do another PTR refresh now, I'll see if I can grab a test one from the AH and bring it over.

Dahbomb

Yea that seems absurd and probably broken.

Raticus79

Posted a new bug report - there's a loophole with horadric cache bags which creates a botting opportunity.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10972957294?page=1

Bags can be collected solo and then spawn legendary/set items that are tradeable to people who are in the group when the bag's opened. Fix: The bags themselves need to have BoA treatment, and then any spawned legendaries inherit the original sharing list (and timer) from the bag instead of using the current group members.

MrDaravon

Hmm, split affixes like int/vit don't roll on new items any more, so I'm not sure what the reroll possibilities are. I think I might be able to do another PTR refresh now, I'll see if I can grab a test one from the AH and bring it over.

Thanks, I'd like to know. If that DOES work that'd be pretty sweet. Otherwise you'd need a Mempo already with CC, and no way I'm spending that much gold on the AH at this point. The only other item I have on any of my characters that would be relevant for possible re-rolls would be this EF, any idea if it'll let me re-roll the Int (or maybe the Fear???) into CD or LS?

I can give you cheap versions of these items if you need.

neoism

So, RoS comes out at 3/25/14. I'm ok with that.
40 for the standart edition, 60 for the deluxe.
https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls

isyAV0RH4z2aH.gif
isyAV0RH4z2aH.gif
isyAV0RH4z2aH.gif
isyAV0RH4z2aH.gif
isyAV0RH4z2aH.gif
isyAV0RH4z2aH.gif
isyAV0RH4z2aH.gif
isyAV0RH4z2aH.gif

neoism

Here's the thread in gaming: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=736966

Think I'll stick with the $40 version, maybe upgrade for an additional 20 afterward if the pet has any combat value. Don't really care about the character slots or the cosmetic stuff.

yea the DD version is pointless for me 20 more for a minion lol the other things are useless since I dont have either game plus it only being Digital lol blizz you cray
still REALLLY happy about the released date I was thinking some time in late April or later :p so a week after the no AH patch... hope the loot 2.0 patch goes live in Jan then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom