• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

Tonight I shall try out the new D3 Ros patch, did not have time to even hit max level since the nerfs came in.

That being said, happy holidays, folks, may the loot gods shine upon you in the next year as well!

ZenaxPure

What's the quickest way to hit max level. I'm about level 56, and I want to hit 60, then get all those "extra" levels they added in after. (Been out of the D3 and video games in general loop for well over a year)

If you haven't yet you should buy a high dps level reduced weapon on the AH. Makes the grind to 60 a lot easier since you can watch tv or something else while you one shot everything.

Actually that reminds me I should probably pick some of those up before the AH is gone just in case.

zlatko

Banned
If you haven't yet you should buy a high dps level reduced weapon on the AH. Makes the grind to 60 a lot easier since you can watch tv or something else while you one shot everything.

Actually that reminds me I should probably pick some of those up before the AH is gone just in case.

I think I had a drop that resulted in that. The DPS on my DH weapon is over 1K and he's had since around level 50 if I recall.

I should grab something like that for my someday Crusader though. Good idea! :)

ZenaxPure

I think I had a drop that resulted in that. The DPS on my DH weapon is over 1K and he's had since around level 50 if I recall.

I should grab something like that for my someday Crusader though. Good idea! :)

Could probably pick up a Cain's set as well if you don't have it. Gives 30% xp boost and with a level reduced weapon the lack of stats on those 3 Cain's pieces won't matter much since you will still be mostly one shotting dudes even on MP10. I leveled both my Monk and Demon Hunter with the set.

zlatko

Banned
Could probably pick up a Cain's set as well if you don't have it. Gives 30% xp boost and with a level reduced weapon the lack of stats on those 3 Cain's pieces won't matter much since you will still be mostly one shotting dudes even on MP10. I leveled both my Monk and Demon Hunter with the set.

A Cain's set? Is it expensive?

I think I have something like 20K gold to my name currently.

#poormanlife

ZenaxPure

A Cain's set? Is it expensive?

I think I have something like 20K gold to my name currently.

#poormanlife

Dunno prices anymore to be honest, I bought my set forever ago. I know the patterns were expensive last I check, but the pieces were cheaper when I got mine.

I'm just gonna be that guy and tell you to spend 3 or 4 USD (or whatever your currency is) and get 100 million gold and never worry about the AH again. Makes playing current D3 a shit ton more enjoyable imo since you can spend less time worrying about gear and more time murdering shit and having fun.

zlatko

Banned
Dunno prices anymore to be honest, I bought my set forever ago. I know the patterns were expensive last I check, but the pieces were cheaper when I got mine.

I'm just gonna be that guy and tell you to spend 3 or 4 USD (or whatever your currency is) and get 100 million gold and never worry about the AH again. Makes playing current D3 a shit ton more enjoyable imo since you can spend less time worrying about gear and more time murdering shit and having fun.

Gold is buyable in the real money AH? I suppose I could go that route. I wouldn't do it from some other site though as my b.net account is tied to my SC2 account which is my precious...

ZenaxPure

Gold is buyable in the real money AH? I suppose I could go that route. I wouldn't do it from some other site though as my b.net account is tied to my SC2 account which is my precious...

It is buyable on the RMAH. I don't know Demon Hunter that well, especially since I'm a crazy man running Windforce on mine but 100 million gold can buy you a set to play at a respectable MP and not have to bother with the AH. Just keep murdering mans and gaining paragon levels until the loot problem is fixed in a few month(s).

zlatko

Banned
It is buyable on the RMAH. I don't know Demon Hunter that well, especially since I'm a crazy man running Windforce on mine but 100 million gold can buy you a set to play at a respectable MP and not have to bother with the AH. Just keep murdering mans and gaining paragon levels until the loot problem is fixed in a few month(s).

Lost me there for a sec.

Respectable MP ?

Murdering mans ?

*Not familiar with the terminology. I know I suck. Also, is the loot issue being fixed ALA new expansion plus the AH going bye bye ?*

ZenaxPure

Lost me there for a sec.

Respectable MP ?

Murdering mans ?

*Not familiar with the terminology. I know I suck. Also, is the loot issue being fixed ALA new expansion plus the AH going bye bye ?*

Oh sorry. MP is monster power, scales enemy HP/damage but also increases your xp gain among other stuff. In the current state of the game gearing up on the AH is the only real viable way for playing at higher levels.

That's another tip for leveling as well. Go enable monster power in the menu and then crank it up to 10. If you do have a level reduced weapon you should be able to plow through it no problem.

As for loot being fixed, they are making sweeping changes to how loot works (too much for me to bother listing here, you can read about it on the internet somewhere) and I'm not in the beta so I can't say if it really is better, but I will say in around 600 hours of playing characters at max level I have never ever found an upgrade from kills. I spent 2 hours on the current PTR with the loot changes and found a weapon better than the one I had.

Anecdotal, sure, but I assume that is how the game will be from now on.

zlatko

Banned
Oh sorry. MP is monster power, scales enemy HP/damage but also increases your xp gain among other stuff. In the current state of the game gearing up on the AH is the only real viable way for playing at higher levels.

That's another tip for leveling as well. Go enable monster power in the menu and then crank it up to 10. If you do have a level reduced weapon you should be able to plow through it no problem.

As for loot being fixed, they are making sweeping changes to how loot works (too much for me to bother listing here, you can read about it on the internet somewhere) and I'm not in the beta so I can't say if it really is better, but I will say in around 600 hours of playing characters at max level I have never ever found an upgrade from kills. I spent 2 hours on the current PTR with the loot changes and found a weapon better than the one I had.

Anecdotal, sure, but I assume that is how the game will be from now on.

I'll take your word for it.

As for this cranking up to 10 capability in the menus, which area does it hide in? Also, is that only once you are level 60 or can you do this at any point?

If that's the case I could try to get 60 with a wizard as well at a much faster rate.... ;)

ZenaxPure

I'll take your word for it.

As for this cranking up to 10 capability in the menus, which area does it hide in? Also, is that only once you are level 60 or can you do this at any point?

If that's the case I could try to get 60 with a wizard as well at a much faster rate.... ;)

You can do Monster Power at any time (though it seems this is changing once the patch is live?) It's located in options -> gameplay. Near the bottom right of the options. Honestly it's the only way I can bear 1 through 60 nowadays. MP 10 makes normal go from incredibly boring to... you might die if you don't pay attention in some places.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
So GAF, I have 120 blizz bucks on my account from selling stuff on the RMAH. Should I buy gold for RoS or buy 2 more copies of D3 + RoS and multibox? I have about 600 mil now.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'm not sure why you would wan't to do either of those things, tbh.

Not interested in any of Blizzard's other games. Not much else I can do w/ the money. Think I'm just gonna multibox. Seems like it would be fun/different. Just need to make sure the 2 hour window for BOA is still valid when the game comes out.

Insaniac

Found a legendary Wiz hat on PTR that doubles the amount of hits that electrocute does (4, up from 2, or TWENTY, up from 10 with a certain rune)

Now i need to find the other legendary item that lets electrocute bounce to enemies that were already hit

zlatko

Banned
I feel almost slightly lost trying to get back into this in the few times I've played.

I was doing Inferno on my Monk and actually completed all 4 acts with people who joined my game(yay), and some kind soul gave my monk gear that doesn't blow total chunks. Set h2h weapons that each do over 1k a piece for base damage. Doubled, almost tripled, my damage output now in Inferno.

I'm trying to get my DH to Inferno ASAP and hit 60 so I can unload all of the crazy gear I've chocked up playing on my Monk.

Also, I got some sort of Key that is legendary the other night as a drop. What do? :O

MrDaravon

I put up a new poll for BoA vs Trade now that people have had a chance to see the beta and PTR.

http://strawpoll.me/977067

Curious to see if the numbers change at all vs previous polls or people stick to their guns.

No in-between options? I'm okay with no completely open trading, but I think they should expand the trade window/options a bit; something like items are tradeable to anyone who was already on your friends list for 24 hours or something like that.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
No in-between options? I'm okay with no completely open trading, but I think they should expand the trade window/options a bit; something like items are tradeable to anyone who was already on your friends list for 24 hours or something like that.

Nah, I kept it simple for this one. People complained a lot about having too many options on the last one which made it hard to interpret the results. Here's the old one: http://www.esurveyspro.com/App/Polls/DirectPoll.aspx?id=25736

Raticus79

Wow, BoA made quite a comeback on that poll overnight. It's at 52% Trade and 48% BoA right now with 741 responses, compared to 62%-vs-38% last night.

zlatko

Banned
What's going on in here? Lol

Killing demons, and stuff.

Going to play tonight if my GF doesn't want to sit downstairs doing her thing while I'm on AC4.

Otherwise bedroom with D3 while she reads on her tablet in bed.

Gotta get that level 60 DH so I can retire my silly Monk. :p

Sothpaw

It doesn't, but I won't be surprised if they do. Removing the auction houses really opens up that possibility, doesn't it?

If always online isn't a concern (I still don't understand why it is but whatever) then the PC version is version is superior to the PS4 version due to precise controls and higher mob density. I have a link to show that the PC version will have higher mob density due to the limitations of console control but I have to wait until I get home if anyone wants it.

Killing demons, and stuff.

Going to play tonight if my GF doesn't want to sit downstairs doing her thing while I'm on AC4.

Otherwise bedroom with D3 while she reads on her tablet in bed.

Gotta get that level 60 DH so I can retire my silly Monk. :p

Retiring monk for DH does not compute. Lol

Skab

I've been looking around at some old stuff online today, and what I wouldn't give for them to have stuck closer to the old stat system.

08_+Witch+Doctor+-+Level+6+Char+Sheet.JPG

Dyno

Finally got around to this game on PS3. Playing as a Monk on Act II.

It's mindless but I'm enjoying it. The art and backgrounds (Caldeum) are gorgeous. Fighting is colourful and gory at the same time. The loot and crafting is also a fun diversion.

Remember when the Internet was saying Diablo III won't be dark enough, or grim enough, or gothic enough? We now know the Internet was stupid right, that it was a waste of time to worry over this stuff? The kings estate in Act I was enough to shut those people up. That place was disgusting! Bodies everywhere and baskets filled with heads! GAH!

Insaniac

Should I go ahead and get my only character to 60 before RoS?

Is it like WoW where you have to be max level to play the new content?

You have to be level 70 to earn paragon levels in RoS and to have access to Torment difficulty, so getting your characters to sixty won't do much other than having to earn less levels to access those two things. Other than that, bounties and adventure mode are accessible from the start

You have to be level 70 to earn paragon levels in RoS and to have access to Torment difficulty, so getting your characters to sixty won't do much other than having to earn less levels to access those two things. Other than that, bounties and adventure mode are accessible from the start

Okay awesome, thanks. I'll just use adventure/bounties to level up. I'm sick of vanilla D3.

nice avatar btw

Raticus79

The next beta+PTR patch will be good. (No ETA yet)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11041224930?page=2#34

- fix for getting too many plans (hopefully will get legendaries instead...)

- no more Rift bags, the Guardians will just drop that loot directly

- there are act-specific legendaries (sounds like there were in the current version as well)

- chance for legendary/set items from blood shard purchases

- fixed being able to get bags on normal and open on T6 for greater rewards. (They said it was already fixed - maybe hotfixed?)

How does that work if you've already accumulated paragon points? Can I not use my paragon until 70 even though I'm para 100 on my monk and like 70 on my WD now?

zlatko

Banned
How does that work if you've already accumulated paragon points? Can I not use my paragon until 70 even though I'm para 100 on my monk and like 70 on my WD now?

Good question. I was going to level up paragon levels on my DH and Monk in these next few months to get a jump start before ROS, but if it's going to be nuked and scraped over then I will just get classes to level 60 with semi-decent gear to call it good for now till RoS.

Also, what's wrong with wanting to main DH over a Monk? :p I plan to do Crusader full time once RoS hits though. :D

Good question. I was going to level up paragon levels on my DH and Monk in these next few months to get a jump start before ROS, but if it's going to be nuked and scraped over then I will just get classes to level 60 with semi-decent gear to call it good for now till RoS.

Also, what's wrong with wanting to main DH over a Monk? :p I plan to do Crusader full time once RoS hits though. :D

It's not getting nuked, but it sounds like it's getting shelved until 70. Which is still kind of a bummer I suppose. Getting a head start would still be a good idea IMO.

I'm mostly just fucking around with that monk comment. Monks my main so I have a love for the class.

Svafnir

Last year I was contacted by a student at the University of Hamburg about the fact that he was doing his Master Thesis on the Virtual Economy of Diablo 3. He finished it a few months ago and asked that I post it on his behalf on my forums. (He used the data from my price tracker back when we were running it)

If anyone is interested he is doing a follow up and requesting data from various users. Figured I would post it here also if anyone is interested - or you can just read his Thesis if you are so inclined also.

http://www.diablohub.com/forums/thread/1965/

Mothman91

Just got back into this game. Hit 60 and just finished Hell mode. Into Inferno now, and I almost get 1 shotted by the beginning creeps =/

Any good builds/stats to get for a solo Wizard? I am using Blizzard with Piercing Orb for my Shock Pulse. Venom Hydra/Magic Weapon/Teleport/Energy Armor.

Raticus79

Your total paragon experience (not levels) is added up across all characters and applied to a new account-wide paragon level. The chart's pretty similar but not exact - p100 winds up slightly higher.

Paragon points can be used at level 60 (and level 1). If you are eligible to level to 70, your experience gained after the initial conversion will go to leveling to 70 before gaining further account paragon levels.

Power leveling is very quick with the help of a level 70.

MrDaravon

Your total paragon experience (not levels) is added up across all characters and applied to a new account-wide paragon level. The chart's pretty similar but not exact - p100 winds up slightly higher.

Paragon points can be used at level 60 (and level 1). If you are eligible to level to 70, your experience gained after the initial conversion will go to leveling to 70 before gaining further account paragon levels.

Is the 60-70 climb still that quick if you're getting power leveled? I thought they had nerfed that at some point.

Raticus79

Yup, clearing a torment 6 level 70 bounty or event gets about a level each time, easy to do in under half an hour total. On your own, it's maybe 5 hours, nothing terrible.

Thanks that makes more sense. I'm getting an itch to play again but I really want to hold out for ROS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom