• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

The CE including extra character slots only furthers my long-running stance that they are totally going to sell individual stash tabs later on for moneyz.

Torn on which version I want to get. I don't care about a physical copy of the game, but kinda want the transmog stuff and also would probably realistically use the extra character slots. Then I'm further tempted to get the physical version of the CE if I go CE though because I'm a sucker for artbooks and whatnot.

Ashodin

Tempted to go CE. Didn't get D3 CE, but I want RoS CE because it is going to revitalize the game and I want to show my support.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I hope they have a physical CE for Reaper of Souls to go next to my nice vanilla D3 CE box.

Yup, for $80. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/118...d-on-march-25-2014-prepurchase-now-12-19-2013

"The Collector’s Edition is available only at select retail locations for a suggested retail price of $79.99. A limited number of Collector's Editions will be available and they're expected to sell out quickly, so be sure to lock in your preorder with your local retailer as soon as possible."

- Malthael mouse pad, bearing the impenetrable visage of the Angel of Death
- Hardback Collector's Edition art book, chronicling the game's artistic development
- Behind-the-scenes Blu-Ray/DVD two-disc set, featuring in-depth interviews with the development team and members of the Diablo III community

Cipherr

Glad they put it up soon like this, got my digital CE bought and I dont need to think about it until launch day.

I went physical CE at launch, probably not gonna do physical CE's anymore though. I have barely bothered with anything in that box at all. I think I passed that whole thing with the artbooks and DVD's and whatnot. I just want my game and the in game items.

Raticus79

Thanks, I'd like to know. If that DOES work that'd be pretty sweet. Otherwise you'd need a Mempo already with CC, and no way I'm spending that much gold on the AH at this point. The only other item I have on any of my characters that would be relevant for possible re-rolls would be this EF, any idea if it'll let me re-roll the Int (or maybe the Fear???) into CD or LS?

I can give you cheap versions of these items if you need.

Bah, no luck, I bought the stuff but it didn't transfer over, must have refreshed too quickly. I'll have to wait on that.

On an ROS-dropped level 61 helm, pure vit, %life and armour rolls all had crit chance as possible rolls, so it's probably worth picking up a mempo to reroll just in case. However, rolls on all legacy (level 60) items seem to be severely limited. Right now I'm only getting reduced level reduction as a possible affix for all Skorns, for example, and on a Zuni helm I can't even reroll crit chance to get a higher crit chance.

IceMarker

Yup, for $80. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/118...d-on-march-25-2014-prepurchase-now-12-19-2013

"The Collector’s Edition is available only at select retail locations for a suggested retail price of $79.99. A limited number of Collector's Editions will be available and they're expected to sell out quickly, so be sure to lock in your preorder with your local retailer as soon as possible."

- Malthael mouse pad, bearing the impenetrable visage of the Angel of Death
- Hardback Collector's Edition art book, chronicling the game's artistic development
- Behind-the-scenes Blu-Ray/DVD two-disc set, featuring in-depth interviews with the development team and members of the Diablo III community
So good, pre-ordering that shit right after I get Christmas cash.

Jesus christ, they almost ask full price for a fucking expansion. An expansion with ONE act and ONE class. Most of the cool stuff comes with the free patch.

How can you guys even think about buying the "digital deluxe" version? You get nothing and they ask the price of a full game.

Please let this sink in. It's completely ridiculous. After all the shit they've done, they still shit on the customer.

Goldenhen

Jesus christ, they almost ask full price for a fucking expansion. An expansion with ONE act and ONE class. Most of the cool stuff comes with the free patch.

How can you guys even think about buying the "digital deluxe" version? You get nothing and they ask the price of a full game.

Please let this sink in. It's completely ridiculous. After all the shit they've done, they still shit on the customer.

I bought digital deluxe version because it comes with extra 3 character slots.

ZenaxPure

Actually as the PTR has shown "most of the cool stuff" does not in fact come with the patch.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What's the point of the extra char slots? With how impermanent character builds are, why would you need multiples of every class?

Goldenhen

The reason is we have 10 character slots limits so that 5 classes. Some people using 5 softcore characters and 5 hardcore characters. Some people might have 5 classes with both gender for fun or maybe for achievement. With Crusader people don't want to delete their character to play crusader.

Honestly IMO Blizzard should include 2 character slots for RoS standard edition and other edition as standard.

Raticus79

What's the point of the extra char slots? With how impermanent character builds are, why would you need multiples of every class?

Hardcore characters, extra mule space, playing dressup with transmog gear, and the convenience of loading up different characters with different gear/skills (so you can play that other style when you feel like it without having to swap everything over).

V_Arnold

People are not paying $40 for a "fucking expansion", but to all the new stuff that comes with it which will mean literally 3-400+ hours of gametime - or potentially more. That is a good quality to have, and that places RoS's pricing firmly in the "dimes considering what you are getting" category.

Talaysen

Adventure mode and the Mystic are not in the free patch, so no, not all the cool stuff comes with the free patch. In fact basically none of it does.

ZenaxPure

Adventure mode and the Mystic are not in the free patch, so no, not all the cool stuff comes with the free patch. In fact basically none of it does.

If anything how it stands currently the free patch is just going to butcher level 60 play in a lot of ways anyway. That on its own can be looked at in a shitty way (which it kinda is) but at the same time it's pretty much the only thing with the expansion that is maybe worth getting angry about. $40 for all the new features (which are not going to be in the patch), plus the class, plus the act is a good deal.

zlatko

Banned
Do not feel bad for us, Lightning-sama... we will survive.

Haha yup. I'll be there for a digital deluxe myself...shamless crusader display pic for battle net is why I want it. :p

Anyone have the current "best" builds for a DH and MNK for D3? I'm far out of the loop, but I have both at level 60, none of the "extra" levels yet.

Glad to hear auction house is going honestly. Will make things easier for me I think to not feel like a gimp all the time since I play so rarely. I have like 50K gold to my name, Lol.

V_Arnold

I am sorry Zlatko, both DH and Monk are characters I did not invest in.
But even I can tell you to search for "Nirvana build" if you want to rock with monk. Tried a varation of that on consoles, was fun.

zlatko

Banned
I am sorry Zlatko, both DH and Monk are characters I did not invest in.
But even I can tell you to search for "Nirvana build" if you want to rock with monk. Tried a varation of that on consoles, was fun.

Nirvana build? Will do.

Really come expansion time it's all Crusader for me. Love the design of that class so far. :)

MrDaravon

The reason is we have 10 character slots limits so that 5 classes. Some people using 5 softcore characters and 5 hardcore characters. Some people might have 5 classes with both gender for fun or maybe for achievement. With Crusader people don't want to delete their character to play crusader.

Honestly IMO Blizzard should include 2 character slots for RoS standard edition and other edition as standard.

Unless I'm completely wrong here, as far as I know RoS does add 2 slots (for 2 Crusaders, or whatever you want to roll with). My understanding was that the 3 slots with the CE would then bring you up to 15 slots.

Also apparently the physical CE is also going to come with a soundtrack CD now.

Skab

RoS does add two slots.

Is the digital CE worth it for someone who doesn't play WoW or SCII? How are that minion and those gears?

The gear's a matter of taste, I guess. Are you willing to shell out the extra money for something cosmetic?

I don't know what the minion is going to be like, to be honest. I imagine it's like pets in WoW before they added Pokemon battles, where it just follows you around.

It probably isn't worth it if you don't play WoW or SC. I'm having trouble seeing the worth even if you play SC but not WoW.

bogg

The gear is for transmog, and I guess the pet is like a pet in wow it just follows you around. So it's just cosmetic stuff.

Whooter

I can't decide whether to get the expansion pack or wait for the PS4 release of Diablo III that includes (I think?) RoS...

They didn't announce a date for the PS4 version, did they?

Goldenhen

Oh so RoS does include 2 character slots. So that means the CE and DD has 5 character slots.
Sorry my bad I thought only CE has 3 character slots.

AEGISX

Banned
I can't decide whether to get the expansion pack or wait for the PS4 release of Diablo III that includes (I think?) RoS...

They didn't announce a date for the PS4 version, did they?
Does always online bother you? If it does, then ps4
So far blizzard have not comment about removing always online from PC version

Whooter

Does always online bother you? If it does, then ps4
So far blizzard have not comment about removing always online from PC version

It doesn't, but I won't be surprised if they do. Removing the auction houses really opens up that possibility, doesn't it?

Raticus79

I don't think they'll add offline mode until the lost revenue to piracy is expected to be outweighed by sales gained from people who had been avoiding purchasing because of no-offline. Probably not going to happen for a few years after they release their last expansion, if ever.

AEGISX

Banned
lag really hurt this game. when I was on west coast, it wasnt too much a big deal, but moving back to east coast really bothers me a lot. that's why i dont even bother with hardcore.
east coast: 140 pin is normal, when it spikes can go all the way up to 800. rubberband effect is an normal thing on the east coast. a lot times you just witness your character losing HP and die and you are not even close to mobs at all. when you die your corps magicly teleport back into the mobs.

MrDaravon

I don't think they'll add offline mode until the lost revenue to piracy is expected to be outweighed by sales gained from people who had been avoiding purchasing because of no-offline. Probably not going to happen for a few years after they release their last expansion, if ever.

I wonder how much of the code and other things has the online code baked in to it. At the point you're describing I have a feeling it wouldn't even be worth it for them to go back and take care of that to put out an offline version.

Skab

I really dislike that the Digital Deluxe and CE of RoS gets extra character slots.

Something about it just rubs me the wrong way.

MrDaravon

I really dislike that the Digital Deluxe and CE of RoS gets extra character slots.

Something about it just rubs me the wrong way.

It's a fine line. Technically you're already given enough slots for both genders of every single class, which is something probably 99%+ of their userbase will never do.

I'm standing by my call a few months ago though that they are totally going to charge for extra stash tabs a la carte. When that happens THAT will be bullshit as the stash very clearly and easily has room for more tabs, and in fact it actually looks like there should be as-is and there's no reason they shouldn't be there.

Skab

It's a fine line. Technically you're already given enough slots for both genders of every single class, which is something probably 99%+ of their userbase will never do.

I'm standing by my call a few months ago though that they are totally going to charge for extra stash tabs a la carte. When that happens THAT will be bullshit as the stash very clearly and easily has room for more tabs, and in fact it actually looks like there should be as-is and there's no reason they shouldn't be there.

Original Diablo 3 beta had 5 tabs in the stash for a good while before they removed the last two.

Wubby

DIII: RoS is apparently the first Blizz game Amazon won't ship overseas. I'm bummed. They've shipped all my WoW, SC and DIII collectors editions to Japan no problem but now this one? Nope...

I'll reserve it with a US shipping address and hope I can change it later I guess.

zlatko

Banned
Rocking a DH avatar.

Going to try to max out my DH before RoS hits in March then I can have him farm amazing gear for my crusader so he's always OP. :D

Edit:

What's the quickest way to hit max level. I'm about level 56, and I want to hit 60, then get all those "extra" levels they added in after. (Been out of the D3 and video games in general loop for well over a year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom