• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

RoS was near the top of Twitch for a few weeks when the beta first hit, but prior to that vanilla D3 hadn't been near the top for a long time. And once the Beta had been running for a while it kinda fell off again; I still think that they blew their load waaaaay too early with the Beta, I think at this point people are kind of tired of it, and based on some of the negative feedback people who haven't even touched it are coming away disinterested and with a negative opinion. I was super excited for RoS when the closed beta first hit, but after a month or so I'm pretty disinterested again. At this point if you're watching RoS streams you've probably long since most of the new stuff, and most people will only watch something that they can't play for so long before they get bored of it. I'll still pick it up day one, but I'm dropped my physical CE pre-order and just going digital regular edition. The tail on public beta stuff has been too long, I already feel bored with it and I haven't even played it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
RoS was near the top of Twitch for a few weeks when the beta first hit, but prior to that vanilla D3 hadn't been near the top for a long time. And once the Beta had been running for a while it kinda fell off again; I still think that they blew their load waaaaay too early with the Beta, I think at this point people are kind of tired of it, and based on some of the negative feedback people who haven't even touched it are coming away disinterested and with a negative opinion. I was super excited for RoS when the closed beta first hit, but after a month or so I'm pretty disinterested again. At this point if you're watching RoS streams you've probably long since most of the new stuff, and most people will only watch something that they can't play for so long before they get bored of it. I'll still pick it up day one, but I'm dropped my physical CE pre-order and just going digital regular edition. The tail on public beta stuff has been too long, I already feel bored with it and I haven't even played it.

I feel like even last year before the beta there was a few channels with 1000+ viewers. I dont know what the fuck happened.

Did people stop farming because of the soon-removal of the RMAH?

I feel like even last year before the beta there was a few channels with 1000+ viewers. I dont know what the fuck happened.

Did people stop farming because of the soon-removal of the RMAH?

This and they know now that, much like a WoW expansion, RoS will render all of the best gear in vanilla completely useless after 1 level. The whole thing just hasn't been handled very well. The gearing is still completely linear. Make numbaaars biggarrr. No interesting interactions between items and skills and attributes. Just make the numbabbbarrrs biggarrerer!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm starting to feel like the only person without the ROS beta =\

I'm actually not sure I'd be interested in one. After being massively disappointed by D3, I'm actually feeling a little bit hopeful and dare I say hyped for RoS. I think I'd rather dive into the full experience at launch then spoil myself with the beta.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Starting to doubt that they'll do an open beta at all.

There seems to be a pattern of cost-cutting with these things like lower density and lower attack speed which would reduce the server requirements. Makes sense in that environment that they wouldn't want to spoil potential sales by letting people in early. ("Demos hurt sales")

The beta's tuned at live target drop rates which makes it pretty unmotivating to farm since the stuff poofs at the end.

Only thing really worth paying attention to right now is which items are worth buying in advance.

It's worth looking for a few cheap weapons with low damage, high % damage (very important), crit damage and a socket. Those should reroll into near-max DPS weapons with a non-elemental damage roll in ROS. People have already cleaned out the echoing furies in this category.

turnbuckle

So I think I've officially decided not to get the expansion to this game. The removal of the auction house just thoroughly killed my interest.

This has definitely pushed me away from the PC version at least. The AH wasn't THE game for me, but it's what made the overall package excellent. Just incredibly fun being in a party with some friends and linking things on the AH that might be a good deal, might be amazing, or whatever. Looking for arbitrage opportunities and gambling on whether commodities would go up or down in price all while having this economy built on a game a find enjoyable was wonderful.

The lack of an AH and the focus on taking away a lot of trading opportunities with all the equipment bindings is a turn off.

Opiate

This has definitely pushed me away from the PC version at least. The AH wasn't THE game for me, but it's what made the overall package excellent. Just incredibly fun being in a party with some friends and linking things on the AH that might be a good deal, might be amazing, or whatever. Looking for arbitrage opportunities and gambling on whether commodities would go up or down in price all while having this economy built on a game a find enjoyable was wonderful.

The lack of an AH and the focus on taking away a lot of trading opportunities with all the equipment bindings is a turn off.

And we're certainly not the only ones who think this way, but there are clearly a lot of people who play Diablo as an effectively single player or small-community game. Those people won out. Obviously this is a good move for people who play the game in that way, but it's made the game completely uninteresting for me.

Raticus79

Yeah, there's certainly going to be a shift in the community. I think people are going to get a few months of rapid character growth which makes people happy, and then in the endgame it shifts into one of the most brutal grinds out there. Not necessarily bad, just different. It'll be interesting to see who sticks around.

Fularu

Banned
It's worth looking for a few cheap weapons with low damage, high % damage (very important), crit damage and a socket. Those should reroll into near-max DPS weapons with a non-elemental damage roll in ROS. People have already cleaned out the echoing furies in this category.
Why would you do that? I mean you'll reroll good weapons for a week then what? I doubt you'll keep them while leveling up, or even at max level (max cd, max % damage and socket won't be cheap anyway)

Raticus79

Why would you do that? I mean you'll reroll good weapons for a week then what? I doubt you'll keep them while leveling up, or even at max level (max cd, max % damage and socket won't be cheap anyway)

After enchanting the weapon, you wind up with something that has the same weapon DPS but ~50% more crit damage than you can ever get on RoS level 70 weapons since nothing's rolling much crit damage. Not bad for something that might cost like 200k from the auction house (assuming people aren't clearing them out already). You wouldn't be replacing them until you got a really good legendary. I've got a level 60 Chanto's wand with 2350 DPS that I still haven't replaced after about 80 hours in RoS.

This is all assuming that they don't nerf the potential rerolls on level 60 gear, which is something that's been tossed around the rumour mill a bit, so don't go spending a bunch on these.

Edit: and there it is, abandon that plan! (see below)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hello souls.

I don't suppose anyone here could be helpful enough to let me know how diablo 3 is doing in korea?

And is the expansion being released on march 25th? I had a look around but couldnt find anything other than global release dates.. but who knows with those..

I ask as I'll be in korea then, and thought it would be cool to go to a launch event (I'll be in seoul) if there's anything big / official on.. and if it's going to be anywhere I gather seoul.. But then I know there were issues with d3 when it launched.. so not sure how well received it is.

Raticus79

ABORT ABORT ABORT

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11306220847?page=2#36

Currently, items enchant values that are equivalent to the item's level. However, there's a major change coming in the next build, and this thread was the most appropriate to communicate it in given the topic at hand.

In the next Beta patch, Legacy items will no longer be able to be enchanted. This was a decision we ultimately made because certain Legacy items, when enchanted, became disproportionately strong compared to new items, which isn't the intent.

However, there's an interesting "bug," if you'd like to call it, that will result from this change in the next Beta patch - all items gained up until the patch will no longer be able to be enchanted. This is an artifact of the fix implementation, and we felt it prudent to communicate this as soon as we could for those of you in the Beta. All items that drop in Patch 2.0.1 and forward will be able to be enchanted, so this shouldn't be an issue as we move into the live patch and onward to the expansion launch.

Fularu

Banned
So you'll be able to enchant items that drop once 2.0.1 hits

So in essence, the bug (or instead, the enchanting option) remains, but you'll either need to :

- be lucky with a drop that you can enchant (with max damage, max cd, main stat and socket)
- Get one through trading (since they'll be yellow items for the most part)

Now if you can't really get all 4 stats (CD/Soc/% weapon damage/Main stat) it's kind of worthless

Raticus79

Now if you can't really get all 4 stats (CD/Soc/% weapon damage/Main stat) it's kind of worthless

That's the difference. Stuff in 2.0.1 won't have the stats required to get that scaling with the non-elemental damage enchantment.

I think lots of legacy stuff will be useful for a few weeks (mempo, witching hour) even without enchanting.

Fularu

Banned
That's the difference. Stuff in 2.0.1 won't have the stats required to get that scaling with the non-elemental damage enchantment.

I think lots of legacy stuff will be useful for a few weeks (mempo, witching hour) even without enchanting.

Theorically a better Mempo or Witching could drop though (higher main stat ranges, more All res, etc)

ElyrionX

Been a while since I came in here.

Any word on what will replace the AH? I still have $200 Blizzbucks in my account. What happens to that? Actually, the AH being eliminated is a major reason why I am probably not buying the xpac.

Everyone starts with a clean slate in RoS right? Will it be like a ladder system again with non-Ladder and Ladder playerbases and economies?

Xanathus

Been a while since I came in here.

Any word on what will replace the AH? I still have $200 Blizzbucks in my account. What happens to that? Actually, the AH being eliminated is a major reason why I am probably not buying the xpac.

Everyone starts with a clean slate in RoS right? Will it be like a ladder system again with non-Ladder and Ladder playerbases and economies?

I recommend having a friend put up a couple of legendary items on the RMAH for like $50 each and then buying it from them and having them cash it out to paypal. This way it makes your transactions less suspicious. They can then give the money back to you or buy something from you, whatever. That's how I cashed out my balance. The balance is still usable for other Blizzard products and for their store, you could just use it to buy RoS.

And Frozen Orb isn't anything special, it's just a re-skinned Arcane Orb. The new Black Hole skill is the one that's super great for Wizards because it clumps up mobs for easy AoE and effectively stuns them for that period.

ElyrionX

I recommend having a friend put up a couple of legendary items on the RMAH for like $50 each and then buying it from them and having them cash it out to paypal. This way it makes your transactions less suspicious. They can then give the money back to you or buy something from you, whatever. That's how I cashed out my balance. The balance is still usable for other Blizzard products and for their store, you could just use it to buy RoS.

I would use it to buy RoS. Except that the last time I tried to buy Heart of the Swarm with this, it didn't work because my store items are priced in Singapore dollars and Blizzbucks are US dollars and apparently, a big organization like Blizzard can't handle simpls FX transactions. Any idea if they have fixed that?

Xanathus

I would use it to buy RoS. Except that the last time I tried to buy Heart of the Swarm with this, it didn't work because my store items are priced in Singapore dollars and Blizzbucks are US dollars and apparently, a big organization like Blizzard can't handle simpls FX transactions. Any idea if they have fixed that?

No idea if that issue is still around, I'm in M'sia and items are priced in USD so I can use my balance without issue. You could just go to their site and attempt buying it now.

200m gold is more than enough for money to not be a concern in RoS.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I very much doubt there will be an open beta, which sucks as I really want to try out the Crusader. I'm torn between re-rolling or sticking with Wizard, but without actually trying the Crusader I can't make that decision.

Regarding the recent changes I love that they've added another stash slot, it was really needed and I'm glad they see that. I guess the 5th slot will be kept for the next expansion.

As for not being able to enchant pre 2.0.1 items, I'm not against it like some people are. I have some good gear that I could have enchanted in RoS which would have given me a leg up but honestly, I see it as a first world problem, it just means we'll get upgrades faster and I really didn't buy RoS to use level 60 gear at level 70. RoS is basically a game reset and being able to buy legacy items on the RMAH now and bring them into RoS would have gone against everything they're trying to do.

As for gold, I want at least 500m going into RoS. Enchanting and crafting gems is really expensive, especially if you're trying to get the best rolls on your gear. I will most likely drop £5 on the RMAH before it goes down, I don't want to go into RoS without enough gold so I have to pick and choose which items to enchant, I don't want to be restricted by lack of gold.

Sothpaw

I will buy it but just for a story playthrough or two. I don't see much from the expansion that will change the fact that D3 just isn't that great of a game.

Grim Dawn is just a more fun game with way more possible character builds and more interesting loot.

Sothpaw

Have zero interest in getting this for PC after playing it on PS3. However, I will not be purchasing the PS4 edition either unless it is running with PC mob density. The low mob density on PS3 kills the fun after hitting paragon 20. You level SO insanely slow because there are no monsters to kill. This also means you are not getting upgrades at all. I haven't seen an upgrade to my gear since I hit paragon 15 or so. Just hit paragon 40 last night and I can not play anymore at all. I'm really hoping they fix this for the PS4.

It is not going to have pc mob density due to control limitations. Shacknews had an article quoting Blizz on the subject.

MrDaravon

Haha, so many people are fucked on items they're sitting on (although I agree certain items/rolls will probably still be pretty good at least for a while). This is probably what they should be doing, BUT they should have done it off the bat. (Edit: Oh man, looking around and people showing screenshots of them having spent BILLIONS of gold buying items over the last few months with the intention of re-rolling, goddamn that blows for them)

Also saw that they're adding a stash tab with RoS, I agree with your sentiment that I am fucking shocked they didn't make that a microtransaction, that was my guess way back. Given that the CE adds character slots I still bet that they will open up additional character slots and stash tabs and microtransactions though.

Fularu

Banned
At long last! (yeah, yeah years behind :p)

wuhGRaZ.jpg

I didnt think that so many here are sad that the AH is gone lol. The AH ruined the game for the rest of us. And its good that its gone.

IceMarker

I didnt think that so many here are sad that the AH is gone lol. The AH ruined the game for the rest of us. And its good that its gone.

It's not bad that the AH is gone, it's bad that there is nothing to replace its usefulness in some respects, such as having the ability to see how you scale against other players in gear of gold value.

V_Arnold

Please do not overgeneralize. I am happy that there will be no AH, but I enjoyed it being there, it added a layer on top of the game. Maybe too thick for some, but not "for the rest of us".

Sothpaw

The AH ruined the game for me. I was rarely if ever excited for loot drops because I could just buy a better item on the AH. In Grim Dawn and Titan Quest I am always anticipating that next piece of awesome loot to drop. The loot in GD/TQ is also miles more interesting than the D3 loot.

ROS loot seems a bit better but not sure it will match GD/TQ awesomeness. The ROS skill system certainly isn't as awesome. Still, day 1 purchase as with all blizzard games, even if I am not very excited this time around.

Vodh

I think RMAH has no place in this game but I kinda gonna miss the gold auction house.

The only thing RMAH did was putting a (very low) price tag on your farming time. It did feel disheartening but not much more than that.

Gold AH is what truly ruined loot progression. It was fine if all you ever wanted from the game was 40-50 hours, but once you got to the endgame there suddenly wasn't any besides the AH.

Raticus79

New data mining:
http://www.diablofans.com/news/47931-new-datamined-patch-class-changes-passive-effects/

Buff in Diablo for owning a collector's edition of the WoW expansion? Forums are going to flip out, especially with the recent announcement about the legacy gear. (I'm sure the buff's just temporary)

Edit: apparently it's nothing at all. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11642944501?page=2#33
[quote"Nevalistis"]These are both fluff strings, and have already been removed from the game. They literally do nothing. Don’t panic! /provide towel[/quote]

Not sure what's going on with the change from single rift keys to five rift fragments. Maybe higher difficulties award more fragments or something? Waiting for more info.

Dahbomb

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_587_x1 - All damage taken is split between wearers of this item.
This is one of the most interesting items they have introduced to RoS. I would imagine this would be useful for group Uber runs where you can take on slightly higher Torment bosses by mitigating some of the damage especially with a couple of tanks in the mix.

Baliis

Raticus79

This is one of the most interesting items they have introduced to RoS. I would imagine this would be useful for group Uber runs where you can take on slightly higher Torment bosses by mitigating some of the damage especially with a couple of tanks in the mix.

Oh wow, I remember suggesting this as a legendary effect a long time ago. Cool. I'll see if I can dig up the post... bah, not having much luck yet. Looking forward to trying it out anyway.

It says right in there that QUAD DAMAGE is a place holder name. It's the same buff that's used for the wings from other CEs

Yup, I saw that note, didn't know the same approach was used for the wings so I thought it was an actual buff. Did the previous version also say "flag" in there? Wondering if it's actually a physical flag carried around on the player's back Yoshimitsu-style.
Edit: apparently a false alarm on those strings anyway: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11642944501?page=2#33

Dahbomb

They re-added enraged mechanic on bosses in Torment difficulties...

I said wow....

They finally reduced the health of mobs in the higher Torment difficulties. About god damn time.

Siegebraker now uses a modified version of the new Reflects Damage affix, which reflects % damage instead of a flat amount
Can someone explain this to me?

Is the regular Reflect damage affix doing % damage or flat damage?

What's up with all the changes on skills from physical damage to various elemental damage?
It's because many skills didn't have an elemental type and many were physical. My guess is that they are giving almost every skill a fire/ice/physical/lightning/poison/arcane variations.

Also this is pretty bad:

Drop rates have been lowered from the 100% test rate to the following:

Torment I: 25%
Torment II: 28%
Torment III: 33%
Torment IV: 38%
Torment V: 43%
Torment VI: 50%

This is for the Infernal machine event. IMO Torment VI should be giving 100% drop... it's already hard as it is and takes forever.

New item affix added: % Weapon Damage Bleed

"X% chance to hit to inflict Bleed for 300-400% weapon damage over 5 seconds."
This new affix replaces the old Bleed affix on all new items
This is pretty good... it makes bleed damage actually good now. Still not that absurd but way, way better than what it was before.

Raticus79

The elemental damage changes on skills are because "% elemental damage" is a big focus for new gear. Big fire damage boosts on certain pieces, for example. New build focus - "fire wizard", etc.

The drop % scaling for hellfire makes no sense.

People are pulling about 2 billion exp/hour from T6 bounties right now, lol. Wonder if it'll stay. That means a current P1000 is worth 50 hours of RoS farming :p

Wolfie5

Have they improved the hellfire ring in any way or is it still like a very small chance it's an upgrade?

I mean, if the end item reward is good than the droprate makes sense. If not, than I won't bother with trying to get one. To grind for so many hours, just to get a ring that is most likely crap is just not worth it.

Shadow780

The only thing RMAH did was putting a (very low) price tag on your farming time. It did feel disheartening but not much more than that.

Gold AH is what truly ruined loot progression. It was fine if all you ever wanted from the game was 40-50 hours, but once you got to the endgame there suddenly wasn't any besides the AH.

For me Gold AH is a great place to unload thousands of crafting materials (yes i still pick up blues) to fund crafting those account bound armors and amulets, gems, etc. The fundamental loot problem still lies within the core loot mechanic that severely focus on primary stats, crits and attack speed. The AH just exacerbate that problem further but I don't think it is the primary culprit.

Fularu

Banned
For me Gold AH is a great place to unload thousands of crafting materials (yes i still pick up blues) to fund crafting those account bound armors and amulets, gems, etc. The fundamental loot problem still lies within the core loot mechanic that severely focus on primary stats, crits and attack speed. The AH just exacerbate that problem further but I don't think it is the primary culprit.
Quadfecta items will be a thing of the past come RoS. They want to promote build diversity and itemization diversity.

I'm not even sure you can get trifectas anymore, let alone avg dmg/stat/CC/cd/IAS on a single item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom