• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koeta

I heard if you don't own Diablo 3 and go to preorder reaper of souls (on Blizzards store), it gives you a bundle with D3 + Reaper for $60? I'm not 100% on this because I already own both but it's what I heard.

Krassus

Trying to get the last part for a hellfire ring (I want a least one before the expansion).

Island #1238 if you want to help me out!

I have 2 machines and only need Skel King / Magda. I can most likely duo them at mp10 but both overwhelm me alone.

Luxury#1795

Terra

So...downloaded and ready to enter Diablo 3 for the first time since the big disappointment when it was released. My level 60 barbarian is still there.

And I am interested to see if Blizzard can turn this heap of shit into something golden to come. The only thing I hope is that money-hungry executives keep their fingers out of this thing. I am ready to give Blizzard another chance.

Ok...so it seems the game is apparently still online required. I wonder if the release of RoS will mean the same sever trouble as when Diablo 3 released?

Strider

Ok...so it seems the game is apparently still online required. I wonder if the release of RoS will mean the same sever trouble as when Diablo 3 released?

I was kinda wondering the same thing. I only purchased the game recently but I've read about the problems D3 had at launch. Think I'm gonna wait at least a couple of days after release to get Reaper of Souls...

So...downloaded and ready to enter Diablo 3 for the first time since the big disappointment when it was released. My level 60 barbarian is still there.

And I am interested to see if Blizzard can turn this heap of shit into something golden to come. The only thing I hope is that money-hungry executives keep their fingers out of this thing. I am ready to give Blizzard another chance.

For what it's worth - the Heart of the Swarm expansion release was one of the smoothest experiences I've ever had with Blizzard. Zero server/performance issues when it came out, and one of the most fun and complete expansions I've ever played. I expect the same caliber of quality with RoS :)

JCizzle

This time you can be logged in before the launch and start playing immediately, so at least they are preparing better.

TheYanger

Keep in mind they had like a million wow freebie players ready to smash D3 at launch along with every Diablo fan, and yeah, letting you dynamically update ALA wow expansion launches will be huge for authentication issues, it's that bottleneck that usually gets crushed at launch.

Tc91

REAPER OF SOULS™ CLOSED BETA AND PATCH 2.0.1 PTR DRAW TO A CLOSE

In preparation for the launch of patch 2.0.1, the Reaper of Souls™ Beta and Patch 2.0.1 PTR servers will be brought offline this evening at 5:00 p.m. PT. At that time, players will no longer be able to log in to the Beta or PTR client, all Beta and PTR accounts (including character information) will be reset, and both our Beta forums and PTR forums will be marked as read-only.

We'd like to thank everyone who has participated in the Reaper of Souls Beta and Patch 2.0.1 PTR. You've done an amazing job of testing, and we greatly appreciate all of the feedback you provided during this critical phase of development.

We look forward to releasing patch 2.0.1 to public shortly and encourage everyone to stay tuned to this website for exciting news and updates regarding the upcoming launch of Reaper of Souls!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13032541/reaper-of-souls%E2%84%A2-closed-beta-and-patch-201-ptr-draw-to-a-close-2-24-2014

Beta is ending tonight!

Patch incoming tomorrow?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Who's twitter are you speaking of?

https://twitter.com/joshmosq

With the way they did a dev playtest stream every day last week, and a 10 hour maintenance tomorrow, I think they might have actually been building up to releasing patch 2.0 tomorrow. I give it a 50/50 chance.

I'm pretty sure the wording here indicates there isn't going to be an open beta. I mean, they could technically be opening separate open beta forums and servers tomorrow and it doesn't contradict anything they said, but it seems unlikely. We'll see what tomorrow brings I guess!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I wish they'd release the patch tomorrow. Haven't played much at all since early Dec...

I really doubt they are patching the game to 2.01 tomorrow. This is Blizzard afterall, nothing happens that fast with them.

But man I hope it is tomorrow, LOL.

https://twitter.com/joshmosq

With the way they did a dev playtest stream every day last week, and a 10 hour maintenance tomorrow, I think they might have actually been building up to releasing patch 2.0 tomorrow. I give it a 50/50 chance.

I'm pretty sure the wording here indicates there isn't going to be an open beta. I mean, they could technically be opening separate open beta forums and servers tomorrow and it doesn't contradict anything they said, but it seems unlikely. We'll see what tomorrow brings I guess!

Cool, thanks. We'll see tomorrow! Wont get my hopes up though. I should say, I'll try to not get my hopes up.

ZenaxPure

I really doubt they are patching the game to 2.01 tomorrow. This is Blizzard afterall, nothing happens that fast with them.

Not really. With WoW they always do the big pre-expansion patch (that always brings major gameplay changes with it) about a month or so before the expansion itself. Wouldn't surprise me if they did the same thing with D3.

Tc91

REAPER OF SOULS™—PRE-ORDER LOOT REVEALED

SWD9KSUNNOX51393030664880.jpg

Wings of Valor: Summon the radiant wings of the Archangel of Valor for your characters in Diablo III.

Valla the Demon Hunter: Unlock Valla the Demon Hunter in Heroes of the Storm—our upcoming free-to-play online team brawler featuring iconic Blizzard characters, fast-paced combat, and epic battlegrounds.

If you've already digitally pre-purchased the Reaper of Souls expansion, either as the standard edition or the Digital Deluxe Edition, then you're all set! These bonus items will be granted to your Battle.net account as follows:

The Wings of Valor will be automatically sent to your existing and any newly created Diablo III characters via an in-game notification starting March 20, 2014.

If you pre-order Reaper of Souls at a retail store—either a physical standard edition or physical Collector's Edition—be sure to redeem your Reaper of Souls game key via your Battle.net account on or before 11:59 PM PST on March 31, 2014. If you redeem your game key after that date, your pre-order loot will be consumed by the fires of the Burning Hells and lost forever.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13032539/reaper-of-souls%E2%84%A2-pre-order-loot-revealed-2-24-2014

That answers my question at least, you get the wings even if you don't pre-order you have 6 days to redeem your code.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm not super-duper psyched for RoS and that makes me sad. Even though I know it is absolutely making D3 a better game I'm still not optimistic anything will make D3 the game it should be short of a complete mechanics overhaul of how stats and items work. I want the legit blizzard xpac feels in my heart of hearts :(

Insaniac

Interesting both of your comments. I have been playing PoE wholeheartedly for the last year. And made it into almost end-game with my lvl 65 character. Very nice little game.

That said. I am now tired of PoE:s constant currency-farming, and ready to go back and give Diablo 3 a new try.
I am actually a little excited about it. :)

My history with D3 is very brief. I played it VERY intense @ release and a few weeks in. Made a Lvl 60 barb but I totally got tired of things. Neither me or my friends have touched it since then. I was SO disappointed with what that game did deliver. But I believe that stuff can be fixed.

Just look how Firaxis turned the massive dissapointment of Civ 5 into a total masterpiece. They listened to their fans, and released two expansion packs with features that the fans asked for. Civ 5 is now considered to be perhaps the best incarnation of the game.

The most dangerous thing was the money-milking thought that someone got at Blizzard...with the auction house and all. When these money-milking thoughts become reality, it is a danger for the whole concept. The closure of the auction house is a step in the right direction.

Now, can Blizzard bring more variety, items and customization into Diablo. It might get a revival.

Start a new character with Patch 2.0 / RoS has been a great experience so far. Re-vamped skills and loot 2.0 and guaranteed legendary drops from bosses (first kill) have really made the game much more enjoyable to play

Svafnir

Man I am so excited for the patch to go live! If anyone finds any of the new legendary items it would be cool if you could test it and forward the information to me so I can list it in my item database. I plan on going into super detail of every single item. The ingame tooltip just does not provide enough information.

Also these are two of the coolest items in RoS:

Deadmau5 anyone? (Check the video by Jaetch on this link)

Thunderfury!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hyped! I still don't expect the patch until March 4th though, but I'd love to be wrong.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've never been so happy to be wrong, although I blame Josh for not knowing the definition of "couple".

Guess its about time for me to jump back into this, been waiting for the RoS stuff to start getting put in before starting back up.

Can't wait for some diablo exspansion pack goodness next month.

Repo Man

Can't wait to tinker with all the paragon points for my characters to try and find a good build and really intrigued by loot 2.0. Anyone know if the new adventure mode will be available in the patch too or is that only for level 70 players ?

Tc91

What's the latest word on when the ladder might be added?

It's not much but from Joshmosq:

David ‏@scaryrobots Feb 21
@joshmosq you tweet about things like Wings, but never about things people have been asking about for months such as Ladders.

ReaperOfPatches ‏@joshmosq Feb 21
@scaryrobots all in due time...

Can't wait for the patch tomorrow.

Into

Us Euros are getting it tomorrow i assume? Per usual

Nothing is downloading on my launcher, i suppose i already have downloaded it? Or maybe they will allow us to download it tomorrow. Pretty hyped

Do we have a GAF Clan? I want in baby, so i can spy on your loot drops =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom