• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai XIII

For those having problems with the "Localization.xml":
Go to \Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs\base and move all the files into a new folder.

That worked for me and now I'm updating perfectly (EU, getting US patch).

EDIT: Or not, stopped again now.

Into

Is Yoshi even playing? I thought he rage quit again (and never spoke of the beta after like.. two days)

Hmm, last i saw of him and Diablo was him loving the console version. But you are right he was pretty pissed at classic D3.

Does Opiate still play Diablo? is he even euro?

I am sure someone will make it, just make sure to post it here (obviously)

Fularu

Banned
Hmm, last i saw of him and Diablo was him loving the console version. But you are right he was pretty pissed at classic D3.

Does Opiate still play Diablo? is he even euro?

I am sure someone will make it, just make sure to post it here (obviously)

Opiate is in the US and quit D3 because (partly) of the AH shutting down.

Yoshi said he was maining D3RoS on PC but that was during the first week of beta, since then? no idea

Into

What are the benefits of having a clan? I'm down for a EU GAF one.

Kinda like a guild in WoW, i like the idea of being able to see what legendaries other people find, and you have a chat window so the game wont seem as dead and you dont have to deal with /1 General chat, which is not always.. the best =P.

Opiate is in the US and quit D3 because (partly) of the AH shutting down.

Yoshi said he was maining D3RoS on PC but that was during the first week of beta, since then? no idea

Oh right, i am sure Yoshi will come back, he loves Diablo too much. He is kinda known for his overhyped freak outs that rival Nintendo Directs !

EDIT: Paint.exe job lol
F9JhLnJ.jpg

RPGCrazied

Why is this patch like 14 gigabytes? I'm guessing its RoS? Why do they make everyone download that right now? I'm not getting it for awhile, but I have to download it. Ugh.

Robin64

Looking it up, if we expect more than 120 members shouldn't we make a "community" instead?

Well we're split between Europe and US, so that's 240 GAFfers right there. Has it ever been that active on here?

Also, Clans have proper activity logs, roster views, chat, etc. and are invite/request only. Everyone in the Clan also gets a clan tag by their name. Players can only be in one clan.

Communities are more casual and mostly open, and also show far less events in the log (you can't see what Legendaries others got, for example), but have unlimited players. You can, however, be in as many communities as you want.

Really, I would say go with clans initially and see if they fill quickly or not.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It seems there was a problem with the updater which is now fixed. Originally it wanted me to download 15gb but I just restarted it and now it's doing the optimization instead. Just a heads up for the EU crew, if you select America and launch the game it will start the update.

ACE 1991

So to people who jumped ship due to not liking the classic, is RoS and the patch enough to make you come back? I'm thinking about getting back into this as I simply LOVED the feel of the combat in this game but really thought everything surrounding it was lacking.

Into

It seems there was a problem with the updater which is now fixed. Originally it wanted me to download 15gb but I just restarted it and now it's doing the optimization instead. Just a heads up for the EU crew, if you select America and launch the game it will start the update.

Thanks for the tip. Getting that shit done now, so i dont have to do it tomorrow.

Updated and ready to go, been hyped for this since playing the console version loot and the PTR. I have Tales of Symphonia and No More Heroes coming today.. but they will have to wait. :D

So to people who jumped ship due to not liking the classic, is RoS and the patch enough to make you come back? I'm thinking about getting back into this as I simply LOVED the feel of the combat in this game but really thought everything surrounding it was lacking.

Honestly, I'd say it's at least worth a look. In the midst of loot 2.0 and paragon 2.0 and new difficulties, one thing people may not have talked about as much is how they rejiggered the skill runes. Wizard got a LOT of love in this department, but in general it's worth going back to see all the stuff that changed on the skills front, then ease yourself back into things with how the new paragon system works, then you find you've gotten some not terrible drops, and then you look up and realize 3 weeks have passed. At least, that's the hope. :)

RPGCrazied

Did they compress files with this patch? Before the folder was like 24 gigabytes, now its only 14.7 gigabytes? Maybe this patch didn't include RoS after all?

j-wood

Is this new patch going to kill the wicked wind build for wizards? I just got all the gear and have been having a blast with it :*(

Robin64

Did they compress files with this patch? Before the folder was like 24 gigabytes, now its only 14.7 gigabytes? Maybe this patch didn't include RoS after all?

The launcher ran an optimisation on the folder, consolidating lots of stuff and generally tidying up compression, yeah.

Blizzard said:
On patch day, you will also have to go through a code-optimization process similar to what’s outlined Step 1 above. Expect it to take 15 to 60 minutes or so, and keep in mind your computer might run a little slower than usual during the process.

RPGCrazied

The launcher ran an optimisation on the folder, consolidating lots of stuff and generally tidying up compression, yeah.

So this patch did include RoS files? That some pretty awesome compression. I play off of a 32 gigaybte flash drive for better performance. I was doubting with RoS it wouldn't fit on it anymore, but if its 14.7 for RoS included, I should have no issues!

ColEx

For EU'ers, if you are using the Blizzard game launcher thing, you can just switch region to America's in the Diablo tab and then launch game, it should start downloading, as it just did for me.

For EU'ers, if you are using the Blizzard game launcher thing, you can just switch region to America's in the Diablo tab and then launch game, it should start downloading, as it just did for me.

Yes but now you can't log onto the EU realms until it's patched to run the same patch as your client now is.

JCizzle

Honestly, I'd say it's at least worth a look. In the midst of loot 2.0 and paragon 2.0 and new difficulties, one thing people may not have talked about as much is how they rejiggered the skill runes. Wizard got a LOT of love in this department, but in general it's worth going back to see all the stuff that changed on the skills front, then ease yourself back into things with how the new paragon system works, then you find you've gotten some not terrible drops, and then you look up and realize 3 weeks have passed. At least, that's the hope. :)

I wish they'd update the talent calculators. Can't find anyplace that reflects the changes.

Fitz

Hey D3GAF, I thought I'd load the game up today in prep to try out these new features tomorrow, but I noticed that I've still got some bugged achievements from launch day that are complete but haven't fired. Ones such as Best Dressed (Equip a socketed item in the following slots) and Unparalleled Splendor (Fully explore the Dahlgur Oasis), all the requirements are ticked.

I did a bit of searching and apparently this issue was fixed with patch 1.0.2c, however it doesn't seem to have effected me. Does anyone happen to have any up-to-date information about this?

Robin64

Blizzard said:
We're in the process of deploying patch 2.0.1 to the game as we speak. While deploying the patch, however, we encountered some unexpected (though minor) issues. To ensure these issues are resolved as quickly and as thoroughly as possible, maintenance has been extended for 4 hours. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and the game will be live at approximately 3:00 PM PST. We'll be sure to provide an update if that schedule changes.

Booo. Was hoping to play tonight, now I'll be in bed when it goes live. Ah well.

Into

Hey D3GAF, I thought I'd load the game up today in prep to try out these new features tomorrow, but I noticed that I've still got some bugged achievements from launch day that are complete but haven't fired. Ones such as Best Dressed (Equip a socketed item in the following slots) and Unparalleled Splendor (Fully explore the Dahlgur Oasis), all the requirements are ticked.

I did a bit of searching and apparently this issue was fixed with patch 1.0.2c, however it doesn't seem to have effected me. Does anyone happen to have any up-to-date information about this?

I have no idea what is going on with the bugged achievements, i never got mine achievement for lvling a DH to 60, it just "does not count" apparently. This was around launch game and yet to be fixed.

Booo. Was hoping to play tonight, now I'll be in bed when it goes live. Ah well.

Really though, this should be expected. They have never once met their ETA window, always overshot. I'd rather them fix the problems before everyone and their mothers jumps on at the same time.

I wish they'd update the talent calculators. Can't find anyplace that reflects the changes.

Yeah, the big problem for me there is that I can't be bothered to follow the beta notes whenever they made changes, because a lot of it was a tweak here and there and you knew it wasn't final...The big thing I remember about the Wizard in particular is they gave elemental playstyles a LOT more to work with. Remember how meteor worked, with the arcane rune, the lightning rune, the cold rune, etc.? A lot more skills are like that now for Wiz.

I can't really speak for the other classes though, which is weird for me b/c my main on live is a Barb, but I barely touched him on PTR.

Ryan_

If anyone is feeling up for making and leading the NA clan, PM me.

I'm making a list of theNA gaffers in the clan thread as well. So you would
just have to add them.

Don't let your fellows gaffers down!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Aha, Yoshi's doing the RoS OT. Was wondering who that fell to.

I'd make the NA clan and community but I won't be online until about 3 hours after the servers come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom