• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whooter

Okay, I have a stupid question that I'm sure I already know the answer to.

If I were to get the DDE, is the Treasure Goblin battle-pet in WoW trade-able? I suspect "Fuck, no" but thought I'd check and see if anyone knows for sure...

Krassus

I understand the changes to the Hellfire rings and the Ubers but I dont see the changes to getting the wardens to drop the keys.

Do you do them on a certain torment level?

Robin64

Okay, I have a stupid question that I'm sure I already know the answer to.

If I were to get the DDE, is the Treasure Goblin battle-pet in WoW trade-able? I suspect "Fuck, no" but thought I'd check and see if anyone knows for sure...

Nope, that little sucker sticks with you.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Can I get an invite to the US GAF clan? Username is Mengy#1287. Thanks! :)

Search for the public GAF community and join that first. We can look for you in that list and invite you to the clan that way. You can also check the GAF community's roster and right click any of the officers who are online and we can invite you by right clicking your name when we get the message.

Ah, okay, I'll try that tonight. Thanks Raticus.

Into

IntoTheN1ght#2315 (EU) in case people forgot to add us =P

Enjoying it so far, the game runs far better for me than classic? Its smooth as butter being cut by a fiery sword

Will the SK guaranteed drop scale with level? As in, does it make sense to hold off doing it after getting to 70? Or is this some time limited thing or something?

Robin64

Will the SK guaranteed drop scale with level? As in, does it make sense to hold off doing it after getting to 70? Or is this some time limited thing or something?

It does scale with level (my level 60 wizard got a green level 60 ring on Normal) but waiting til 70 might not be worth it given how often legendaries just drop in general.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

I'm pretty sure the SK guaranteed drop is a PTR-only thing. That didn't work in the beta. So, I'd say take advantage while you can. Team up for levelling alts and get the guaranteed drops on each at level 60.

I'm pretty sure the SK guaranteed drop is a PTR-only thing. That didn't work in the beta. So, I'd say take advantage while you can. Team up for levelling alts and get the guaranteed drops on each at level 60.

So it's SK only and not the other bosses? Do I need to reset quests to do it or can I just go straight to him and kill him? And last question, any loot quality difference noticed between different difficulties?

edit - sorry for all the questions. I stayed away from the beta and PTR so this is all new to me.

Robin64

So it's SK only and not the other bosses? Do I need to reset quests to do it or can I just go straight to him and kill him? And last question, any loot quality difference noticed between different difficulties?

edit - sorry for all the questions. I stayed away from the beta and PTR so this is all new to me.

Just pick the quest where you're told to go kill him and it won't take more than 10 minutes.

Also from what I gather, it's meant to be a good drop from each major boss the first time you beat it.

Raticus79

SK only. The other act end bosses will work as well, but only for characters level 59 and under.

If it's anything like the beta, you'll have a shot at additional set items and other stuff by doing the kill in Torment, otherwise just do normal. You have to be in story mode on the "kill skeleton king" quest.

It sounds like the quest reset would also reset the first time drop, but the feature isn't working.

tinantlu

Started a bit using my pathetically geared WD and enjoyed some Master difficulty. I am thinking I'll just start a new character since I never got Wizard or DH up to 60 anyway, I'll just do them now as I'll probably want to try Crusader when the expansion hits.
I'm going to try to join the community, hopefully I'll see you in there

BearPawB

Banned
This patch is AMAZING. Was stuck on my wd for months. Played half of act 3, got so much good gear/a new legendary sword.

The loot comes fast and often. I am playing on hard. Thinking about moving it up.

How will paragon levels work when you buy the expansion and can get to 70?

MrDaravon

Random DH notes:

-Permastrafe doesn't seem to work, or at least not like it previously did. On paper the crazy damage buffs to Strafe and Shruiken Cloud are great, but the nerf to the Preperation rune that restored all of your Hatred (only restores 75 now) as well as the nerf to the Bat Companion (only gain 1 hatred per second now instead of 3) seemingly kill it. But even with those two nerfs I'm still kind of surprised that I can't keep it up for that long, especially since Vengeance passive WAS buffed. I'm almost wondering if they nerfed the proc rate on the Nightstalker passive? Will mess around with it more since with the Grenades build being nerfed into the ground the strafe build seemed like it was going to be a really good way to go. If nothing else some paragon points and gear-specific stuff may at least partially address this.

-Frost Arrow seems to be like, really really good. It's super fast and the arrow split operates pretty smartly. It actually outdamages Hungering Arrow on single targest due to the speed it fires at and it's damage boost, and also slows targets.

-The Gloom nerf sucks, but I put some Paragon points into LoH and Life Regen so you can't facetank quite as much, but it's still useful and will probably continue to be a go-to.

It's weird, in the first time since shortly after launch I have no idea what to do skill-wise, I'm just kind of messing around a bit.

Raticus79

@The Omega Man: Cookie cutter monk's essentially the same, just replace Fists of Thunder with another generator like WotHF with the attack/move speed rune or Crippling Wave:Rising Tide. Try lashing tail kick or the stun bell for a spirit spender.

Blinding Flash no longer scales with attack speed, so you might want to replace that.

How will paragon levels work when you buy the expansion and can get to 70?

You'll keep your existing account paragon levels. While playing on a character that's under level 70, your experience will go toward regular levelling instead of paragon levelling. When playing on a level 70, your experience goes toward account paragon. You get access to your paragon points on every character, even level 1.

Can you guys help a rusty Monk that hasn't played for over a year?
I have a cookie-cutter FoT/Cyclone that used to farm with, very efficient back in the day, but obviously not the case anymore, I am hitting as hard as I used too.
What are the viable skills/builds for Monks these days? Weapon advices? thanks!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/OmegaMan-1511/hero/1642708

I think you should just play around with all the skills and see what you like best personally.

BearPawB

Banned
Also what are witch doctors running? Never found too many of his spells useful .

I stick to the poison darts primary. Firebats right click.

Dogs/ big guy. Then zombie wall and that spell that confuses and has the big guy walk around.

I've tried other primaries nothing seems as good. And firebats seems really strong.

200 hours played prepatch without finding any set or legendary items, and within an hour of booting up this morning for the first time in months, finally found my first legendary. A useful minor upgrade to my weapon to boot!

It's odd how finding useful loot now and again actually makes loot finding games fun. Glad Blizzard finally figured that out. Not regretting taking a chance on an expansion preorder now.

Also what are witch doctors running? Never found too many of his spells useful .

I stick to the poison darts primary. Firebats right click.

Dogs/ big guy. Then zombie wall and that spell that confuses and has the big guy walk around.

I've tried other primaries nothing seems as good. And firebats seems really strong.

Firebats really is OP, especially how it synergizes with Grave Injustice. This is the build I run http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gXUdic!YTa!ZYZcZc

It's basically just run in, hold down 4 for bats, as mana gets low hit 2 for Soul Harvest oompf, if HP gets dangerous, hit 1 for Spirit Walk. If Elite shows up, hit 3 to chicken it.

Skills 1 2 and 3 can be used without interrupting bats on four, so you don't lose the max damage you've built up after it's been active a way.

Spirit Barrage on LMB to pick off stragglers, and Horrify to get out of problems or add some extra DPS to big guys.

BFIB

2.0 is amazeballs.

It really is. I love playing on my PS3, but now that loot 2.0 is out, it is so much nicer to look at on my PC.

I really wish we would get a release date on the PS4 version. This is going to be my perfect game to play in bed.

Still debating on pre-ordering for RoS. Gonna dig into this over the next month on the PC version, and see how things go. But so far, its an entirely new game.

Also, please add me people! I need friends in my Diablo life! Sebol#1948

@The Omega Man: Cookie cutter monk's essentially the same, just replace Fists of Thunder with another generator like WotHF with the attack/move speed rune or Crippling Wave:Rising Tide. Try lashing tail kick or the stun bell for a spirit spender.

Blinding Flash no longer scales with attack speed, so you might want to replace that.

Man was I out the loop, thanks!

I think you should just play around with all the skills and see what you like best personally.

Yeah I will do that, it's just that my build used to be so effective :(

BTW Imade a mistake with my handle, it's OmegaMan#1511 add me to the US clan plsease. Thanks!

So some of those new elite / champ pack abilities are pretty crazy. Also ... I was getting one shorted last night on torment 3 by anything that hits hard. I've heard that torment 6 is the equivalent of the old MP10, but I don't think it's a 1:1 ratio. I felt squishy.

Also, damage / healing spikes are still crazy. I know they said they wanted to flatten stuff out, but we just jack up difficulty until it's wild again. Like I said, I was being one shot. I was running the nirvana build prior to this patch though so I was squishy intentionally.

Really digging everything though.

Insaniac

So some of those new elite / champ pack abilities are pretty crazy. Also ... I was getting one shorted last night on torment 3 by anything that hits hard. I've heard that torment 6 is the equivalent of the old MP10, but I don't think it's a 1:1 ratio. I felt squishy.

Also, damage / healing spikes are still crazy. I know they said they wanted to flatten stuff out, but we just jack up difficulty until it's wild again. Like I said, I was being one shot. I was running the nirvana build prior to this patch though so I was squishy intentionally.

Really digging everything though.

It really is hit or miss with the squishiness. My Wizard started the PTR with pretty good CM gear, and had about 180k DPS. After using that for a while, I switched my rings, boots pants, bracers and shoulders for Loot 2.0 gear (rings and boots legendary, pants shoulders and bracers rare crafted). It dropped my DPS a little bit, but boosted my Health pool from 45k to 98k, and my resists from about 600 to 850/900 all resist. After that torment 2 and 3 were a breeze.

MrDaravon

Squishiness for me has been pretty consistent on Torment 1 and 2 at least.

Also I just found this:

wT1g9cY.jpg

MrDaravon

:0 that ring ....

BTW, thanks Raticus for that rad ammy. Clones smashing stuff is fun.

It's so good that it actually beats out my solid Nat ring that had IAS/CD/Life % and even including losing the 3-set dex bonus LOL. Only a slight Damage upgrade, but it took my Toughness from something like 750k to 950k.

So anyone know what builds are successful for monk now?

Any Radom thoughts or theories?

Btw, I wish they would open up trading to include clan members.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Patch is great, build diversity is amazing and I'm having a lot of fun, even with my shit geared alts. They've improved the performance as well, I have a really good PC and D3V would get choppy but patch 2.01 is noticeably smoother in general. I am officially hyped as fuck for RoS.

Blinck

Hey DiabloGAF!
Sort of a Diablo noob here! I had finished the game once on normal with a barbarian and that was it. It was extremely easy, I don't think I even died once. I wanted to start another character at the time but the thought of having to go through the awful-loot-filled-start again and playing the whole game on what was basically easy mode turned me off on the game.

Today I heard about the patch so decided to try it out with a level 10 or so Demon Hunter I had. I had no idea which difficulty I should put it in, so I went with hard. It was fairly tough at the start since enemies were taking very little damage and such, but man...the drops were so much better than previously...just amazing. In an hour or so of play my character has a lot of rare items and even got an epic (orange) bow so killing enemies became easier. Playing the game just feels much more fun now without seeing shitty loot all the time.

However with such good drops, I'm a bit afraid the game will get very easy again. Should I bump the difficulty ?

I really have no idea in which difficulty I should be playing for a starting character, so I came here to ask for your advice!

Props to blizzard for this patch, even though with 8 years or so to make the game it should have been like this from the start :p

V_Arnold

Patch is great, build diversity is amazing and I'm having a lot of fun, even with my shit geared alts. They've improved the performance as well, I have a really good PC and D3V would get choppy but patch 2.01 is noticeably smoother in general. I am officially hyped as fuck for RoS.

Yeah, when KKRTO gets unbanned, Ill direct him towards the new patch as well :D
The performance is night and day compared to vanilla. I am glad we put that behind us. I wonder how it was even possible to fuck it up that much. You basically needed an SSD, tons of memory or other tricks to make it kinda work, so... eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom