• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I never had the stuttering problem, but I'm glad they got that sorted out for people.

Unreleated, but I haven't been keeping up on things; do we know if Toughness is actually a good translation into eHP, or is it still bullshit and we're going to want to continue to use d3up/d3rawr etc?

Oh also are the unsocketing costs for Marquise gems still ridiculous or no? I was gonna pull all of my Radiant Star gems off my other characters and just turn them into Marquise gems for my DH (which is all I'll play until RoS hits), but I don't want to get hit with the 5 million unsocketing fee if I get upgrades or once RoS does hit. I've got a lot of gold, but not enough where I want to throw away 30+ million on that.

Dahbomb

Yea stuttering problem is fixed but I still get random lag rubber banding. Probably just server overload until the game levels off.

do we know if Toughness is actually a good translation into eHP, or is it still bullshit and we're going to want to continue to use d3up/d3rawr etc?
It looks kinda bull shit to me. It overvalues vitality/life% and undervalues armor/resistance. So you are going to have situations where a piece that has more vitality and less resistance is going to give you WAY more Toughness than another piece with the opposite stats.

IMO you have to make a judgment call on Toughness yourself.

So anyone know what builds are successful for monk now?
All I know is that Dashing Strike is godlike on Monk now.

eek5

All I know is that Dashing Strike is godlike on Monk now.

Yeah DS is a lot of fun...... buuuut it is a lot less mobile than before. I used to be able to infinitely DS as long as there were enough enemies now I pretty much have a CD and it isn't always available when I need it :(

Robin64

Blessed be loot 2.0. My new barb walked into the Fields of Misery and got a legendary belt from his first murder.

AuAdgBH.png

Previously I never had a single legendary on my way to 60.

Only getting 600kb/s download speeds! Not even going to be "playable" for another hour. Oh the humanity. I can't wait to get my greedy little paws on some legendaries.

Insaniac

Yeah DS is a lot of fun...... buuuut it is a lot less mobile than before. I used to be able to infinitely DS as long as there were enough enemies now I pretty much have a CD and it isn't always available when I need it :(

Yeah but its a lot better as a way of getting around the map now too almost as good as teleport wormhole, I think its a decenet trade off.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How's it going, everyone?!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The higher density is in Adventure Mode in RoS. We're stuck with story mode for now.

By the way, apparently the "reset quest" function works now and is giving the guaranteed first kill drops.

"reset quests" button on the game settings menu

"click to replay through the story mode. restarting will give you bonus rewards for completing quests!"

"are you sure you want to reset your story progression? you will begin the campaign in act I and all quest rewards and first time boss kill rewards will be reset."

hmmmmmmmmm....

Mogwai

Am I the only one who dissapointed that Blizzard decided to remove the 'played hours' count? :(

Edit: I was too quick. It's still there, at the character selection screen. Ahhh...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well FUCK, I'm in! Shit is crazy

Has anyone reset their quests? Does it reset EVERYTHING!? Like, every quest, every act? I'm really curious to try this, mainly for the first time boss kill rewards.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Not bad actually. I'm doing 180k hits type stuff and they're doing 25-40 or so. They use cyclone strike and deadly reach. They came in handy solo for sure.

Wow, try loading up exploding palm and the stun bell. Wizards were getting a lot of mileage out of teleport clones in the beta until they fixed them. Damage was reduced but they had full stun effects.

RS4-

Has anyone reset their quests? Does it reset EVERYTHING!? Like, every quest, every act? I'm really curious to try this, mainly for the first time boss kill rewards.

Just do the boss specific ones. The actual loot rewards are lousy, unless torment gives something else.

But you do get about 1.6m xp on uhh, Master? Even doing specific quests get you the XP, like the first A1 quest where you have to go to the basement of some shack.

Doing master/torment mob runs is better anyway. Unless there's a quest that gives you 1.6+m in 2 mins or something.

Insaniac

on the PTR i reset my quests and got a legendary off skeleton king (as did my friend) but I did not get one off the Butcher (as did my friend) so I don't know if it gives you the first time boss kill but the way its worded it sounds like it should

1337Sauce

Just do the boss specific ones. The actual loot rewards are lousy, unless torment gives something else.

But you do get about 1.6m xp on uhh, Master? Even doing specific quests get you the XP, like the first A1 quest where you have to go to the basement of some shack.

Doing master/torment mob runs is better anyway. Unless there's a quest that gives you 1.6+m in 2 mins or something.

What runs is it that you should be doing?

Wow, try loading up exploding palm and the stun bell. Wizards were getting a lot of mileage out of teleport clones in the beta until they fixed them. Damage was reduced but they had full stun effects.

I was actually thinking of trying more effective stuns than lashing tail kick already. I was super shocked when they started cycloning mobs into the mix.

RS4-

on the PTR i reset my quests and got a legendary off skeleton king (as did my friend) but I did not get one off the Butcher (as did my friend) so I don't know if it gives you the first time boss kill but the way its worded it sounds like it should

Apparently it's supposed to be first time if you're level 1-59. I never got one on my level 60 when I killed SK, Butcher and Azmodan.

What runs is it that you should be doing?

Maybe the A3 one, crater, tower, bridge and keep?

Anyway, I've only had 3 drops; some pole arm that summons killer cows, squirts medallion and uh, some nail...biter? All were eh.

Yoshichan

THIS GAME!!!!!!!!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
oh look everyone yoshi is excited at the beginning of a game/expansion cycle

RS4-

Ok yeah, didn't get a legendary drop from Belial on my 60. So it looks like a first time only kind of thing when you're on normal or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom