• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Dusted off my Monk that hadn't been played in months. I knew they did something right when I replaced my Witching Hour within the first 5 minutes. Tanked for a group of 3 friends just playing through the story.. we all got great XP and loot out of just killing normal mobs on Torment I. We all felt like it just felt "right."

It also underlines just how far out of their way they had to go to make Diablo III not fun. Most of the stuff they fixed was just common sense shit. But never mind, at least they got it right now.

Matchew

This update is awesome and I'm having a blast. Playing as a Demon Hunter and love the rapid fire skill, feels really great to use that skill.

Robin64

Just a little advice to fellow Europeans looking to get into the clan:

"NeoGAF Europe" is not our clan. Not sure who thought it would be amusing to set that up, but it's an open request clan (and so full of non-GAFfers) and isn't the real one we're all in.

You need to join the NeoGAF community first where you will then be invited to the actual NeoGAF clan for Europe. You can't request an invite to it because it is hidden to stop non-GAFfers coming in.

accx

Just a little advice to fellow Europeans looking to get into the clan:

"NeoGAF Europe" is not our clan. Not sure who thought it would be amusing to set that up, but it's an open request clan (and so full of non-GAFfers) and isn't the real one we're all in.

You need to join the NeoGAF community first where you will then be invited to the actual NeoGAF clan for Europe. You can't request an invite to it because it is hidden to stop non-GAFfers coming in.

I sent an invite to the community now. lain#2907. Feel free to add me to the Clan.

Dunfisch

Found the GAF community as well. Tiny tad tricky, since it'll only show up when searching while under English [UK], might want to detail that for others so nobody looks and wonders why GAF isn't showing up under non-UK English.

Crossposting from the Clan & Community Thread, I'd too jump into EU-GAF - going by Dunfisch#2713.

Created a Demon Hunter last night with a friend who created a barbarian. First time really playing either class. I feel like I almost played the same amount as I had before with the DH but progression felt much faster. It certainly benefited that the game was very challenging even at the earlier levels and constantly kept us engaged. We ended up getting to level 20 and killing Skeleton King at around the same time. This is playing on master difficulty. I think we got 4 legionaries overall, 3 for him and 1 for me. An interesting thing to note is that it seems that if you are grouping with someone there's a decent chance the loot that drops for you will be good for his class. I barely seen any drops with intelligence, if any but my SK legendary was a sweet strength legendary.

It took me some convincing to get him to give it a shot, but he's hooked again. The game overall feels much better, it's challenging and rewarding from the start. Something before now I wouldn't even imagine saying.

Guys, it's been several months since I looked at D3 and I don't remember what's good anymore or how I should approach my Wiz. New categories and stuff are a bit confusing atm and I'd rather not fuck up, so I thought I'd ask.

I'm currently sitting on 16 Paragon points I need to assign. Where are these best spent on a Wiz?

Damage: 283,916

Toughness: 243,091

Healing: 546 (sounds bad?)

Int: 2455
Vit: 801
Dex: 268
Str: 67

My weapon has no effects, and I'm using a Trimvurate.

Looking through my inventory, I can add % of toughness for in exchange for losing the same % of damage. For example, I have a source that would give me 12% more "Toughness" in exchange for -13% damage.

Also, what difficulty of Torment can a Wiz like this handle? I'm still just level 60.

Acidote

Guys, it's been several months since I looked at D3 and I don't remember what's good anymore or how I should approach my Wiz. New categories and stuff are a bit confusing atm and I'd rather not fuck up, so I thought I'd ask.

I'm currently sitting on 16 Paragon points I need to assign. Where are these best spent on a Wiz?

Damage: 283,916

Toughness: 243,091

Healing: 546 (sounds bad?)

Int: 2455
Vit: 801
Dex: 268
Str: 67

My weapon has no effects, and I'm using a Trimvurate.

Looking through my inventory, I can add % of toughness for in exchange for losing the same % of damage. For example, I have a source that would give me 12% more "Toughness" in exchange for -13% damage.

Also, what difficulty of Torment can a Wiz like this handle? I'm still just level 60.

You'll probably be fine at Torment 3. Torment 2 if you find it hard. My wizard has 60k damage less than years and I spent all day yesterday playing Torment 3.

RS4-

Damn I gotta do that quick level thing! If anyone needs help doing it on a few chars and wouldn't mind returning the favor, let me know.

I can't play this until tomorrow and it fucking hurts reading all this new hype. Why did you have to release the patch now, Blizzard? Couldn't you wait?

In any case: I can't fucking wait. I CANNOT WAIT.

Loving this game again since the patch. It is such a joy to play. Would it be possible to get an invite to the Americas clan? I'm Static#1576

jns

Hey guys, someone told me there was going to be a nerf (or has been) to crit chance...is this right? I know life steal is gone after 60, but wondering if crit chance (or crit damage) has been nerfed as well.

Cheers.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I actually got a Legendary off of a Goblin today!

So did I. Got a real nice legendary ring that was actually a decent upgrade for me too. Actually got three upgrades within a few hours. My health went from about 29K up to 52K while my damage also went up from around 87K to 99K. I'm still experimenting with the changed wizard talents, so much is different.

Wallach

Hey guys, someone told me there was going to be a nerf (or has been) to crit chance...is this right? I know life steal is gone after 60, but wondering if crit chance (or crit damage) has been nerfed as well.

Cheers.

I'm guessing crit damage, in that it was taken off some item slots that can currently get it, and the values you do get on items above 60 will be lower than what you get now. You can see it in some of the current legendaries rolling 2.0 stats, like Calamity. Personally I'm surprised they let it ride out as long as they did because crit damage has always been very stupidly itemized.

DSmalls84

Does anyone have some good WD builds? Was interested in trying to find a good Corpse Explosion build since it seems like it got a huge buff. Would like to see some summon builds as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I played a bit last night and was having fun, but I still kind of hate how a weapon needs a socket to be worthwhile. Out of everything that was fixed from vanilla D3, the fact that the socekt/gem system was pretty much left as is (just with more gems added) really bugs me. It's just a totally mundane, uninteresting mechanic at this point.

Wallach

I played 13 hours yesterday and not a single upgrade for my WD. =[

My WD is having hard luck too, though he's the one that was actually geared going into 2.0.

My Monk on the other hand literally only hand shoulders and gloves at 60 because I sold all his stuff a long time ago. Only other thing I had for him was my DH's old crappy Mempo; I went from that to equipped enough to cruise Master just from today:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Metzger-1974/hero/13626684

Everything now except the Mempo is from "loot 2.0" itemization, and what I've noticed is that it is much harder to improve your DPS in the newer itemization spread, but way easier to improve your survivability. In-game I think I'm at like 1.3 million Toughness, but it'll be kind of difficult to get above 100k DPS for some time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just saw the PMs guys (woke up just now)! I'll add you to the clan asap.

Revoh

I played with a GAFer a little bit yesterday, we killed the SK and I got 2 legs, I said meh at the moment I saw them but today at work I look at them again and I notice this:
asd.png

The item requires only a level 8 character, W T F!? That's super OP!

MrDaravon

Oh yeah, forgot I found these on a corpse yesterday :D (new set bonuses)

8NoP706.jpg

I played with a GAFer a little bit yesterday, we killed the SK and I got 2 legs, I said meh at the moment I saw them but today at work I look at them again and I notice this:
asd.png

The item requires only a level 8 character, W T F!? That's super OP!

The fuck? It should be level 60, I have no explanation for that.

MrDaravon

Maybe he was level 60 but the game's host was level ~10 or something? That still wouldn't make sense, but only thing I can think of.

Also: does it seem like they are either moving away from All Resist, or intentionally making it harder to get? I was pretty rarely seeing it on gear, mostly just high primary + high vitality on stuff. I'm not sure if this is intentional because they want people to start maybe looking at using Diamond gems, or if this is a general move of getting away from it or what.

Robin64

Some buggy shit going on with levels on items. I got a 58 rare helm that said my 60 wizard wasn't high enough to wear it. (Not that I wanted to)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aight guys, again if you want an invite in the EU clan, find the NeoGAF Community and look for me, Ryan or Tunesmith and ask for an invite in-game :D

Peace!

Krassus

Forgot who was wanting to do uber but please PM me or add me in game and lets coordinate it for tonight? Luxury#1795 - Only need Skel King / Magda now after last night but only have 1 machine left.

Also added GR and Trik, they have 9 machines and interested also after 7est ish.

Zeroth

Some buggy shit going on with levels on items. I got a 58 rare helm that said my 60 wizard wasn't high enough to wear it. (Not that I wanted to)

Happened the same to me. I'm assuming they are 60+ items, but the files haven't been updated yet to show these values.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Are there any new legendary items in the game yet or will all of those be added in ROS?

Lots of new/updated legendaries currently available, but we won't see all of them yet as many are 70, torment+ only.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The streamer KingKongor's currently getting over 2 billion exp/hour by running the cursed chest in Halls of Agony 3 on Torment 6.

Old bug report:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11040294043
I have found a cursed chest bug in Act 1. If you select quest 10 (Return to New Tristram), which is the very last quest in the 1st act, then take the waypoint to the very last area (Halls of Agony, lvl 3) - You almost always start near the area that has grates with flames, and a lore book in the corner by the waypoint. In most cases, there is a cursed chest that spawns in the middle of the area, where zombies are usually hanging out. This chest is available probably about 70-80% of the time, and can easily be run over and over again for a large gold/item bonus (if you can kill the 150 zombies that spawn within about a min or so)

Probably going to be fixed shortly. There were some blue responses about it on the EU forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom