• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found this

E2VwZEn.png

And the blind has broken the game. Works on everything. Killed diablo with him only casting 3 spells.

lol amazing

ZenaxPure

So what's a viable barbarian build now?

I've just been running with a WWish build that has war cry (rune that gives more fury) and Overpower (with the rune that gives 5 fury per enemy hit). Basically yeah, resource generation is completely fucked which I was afraid of, but, as long as you are in a large group of enemies it's not a big deal. I've been trying to stack some reduced cooldown reduction so I can war cry more often.

Asking here too as I'm pretty much clueless about the new changes to the WD.

I'm having a lot of fun with my WD, I'm playing a Pet build but I don't know if I'm being as effective as I could.

Any tips? I finished Torment 1 on my own and started Torment 2, I have around 70k DPS atm.

7cM1V.jpg

This patch it awesome, I love how my pets never die haha.

This patch is everything I wanted from Diablo, now all I need is the Adventure mode and PVP.

Strider

Anyone else finding level 60 items that you can't equip at 60, since "level requirement not met" ?

some of the items that were looted by clan members yesterday had the same issue. it said level 60 requirement when they looked at them in their stash or whatever but when everyone else viewed them in the chat it said lvl required 61.

Just a glitch I suppose.

Dahbomb

Does Dhalgur Oasis spawn one of those Cursed objects?

In Keeps 2 there is a Shrine that spawns at a specific spot... it's a 5 wave encounter. Tons of mobs in that fight.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I still like in the oasis. Those swarming snakes are easy and there's lots of mobs. Chance at a resplendent chest. Multiple dungeons.

Nagas swarms are fun. The whole oasis and path is a very good xp and loot grind and the keywarden is there too. Intense quick and fun as hell.

In other news back to playing this game since I had no time with paragons or the like since I quit after doing my infeno runs at the launch period.

NuttyHater#1365

Looking to play with any kind of group. Mostly looking for torment grinds for xp, loot, and keys, though if gaffers want a quick grind to lvl 50 to 60 I can do that when my friends are on.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Let me just put it this way

EU GAF is fucking amazing

ferr

Looking for NA invite ferr#1693

Also, new DH builds around? Looks like gloom doesn't "stick" while rapid firing so that's not so good now.

So I found this

E2VwZEn.png

And the blind has broken the game. Works on everything. Killed diablo with him only casting 3 spells.

Got same item with int as main stat. Didn't equip it yet but after reading this I may have to. The life per sec seems crazy. Mine is in a similiar range as yours

IceMarker

Gonna post this one last time so people are aware. This list is now obsolete with the addition of clans and communities. I have locked it, but it is still available to view or copy at anytime. I also made one last edit in the header.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Can I get an invite to the NA clan? edulle#1317 Thanks!

Right now I don't have any way to invite people who aren't online - the community went over 120 so it's not showing the roster any more. I sent a friend request so I can add you that way. Hope they get the /claninvite command working soon.

Clan's up to 126 now, so we're breaking new ground here. Wonder what the real limit will turn out to be.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Getting help from tons of people

Helping tons of people

Today has been awesome

But it's not over yet! I'm still online, hook me up with a PM bros!

Dahbomb

The new runes on Inner Sanctuary are definitely worth checking out.
I think almost all of the Monk skills are worth checking out now.

MVP is definitely Dashing Strike... it's almost too good.

Anyone still playing a SW Cyclone build must use this skill. Reason being is that you can't refresh the stacks by attacking objects anymore... you have to attack enemies. Dashing Strikes gives you the reach you need to keep attacking enemies.

It's both an excellent farming ability as it gets you to mobs faster, it's an excellent defensive ability to get you out of stuff (I have dropped Serenity completely) and it's also good offensively if you use the last run which does almost 500% weapon damage... it's like a mini Seven Sided Strike that does physical damage.

Monk has been a blast to play because of Dashing Strike.

Shifty76

For monk gaf users, what build yall using? I am still using the fist of thunder crit cyclones build.

FoT got nerfed pretty hard.

I switched from nirvana to a LTK/cyclone strike build with dashing strike and sweeping wind. Still trying to figure out which mantra I like best. Pretty much DS into a group, CS them together then spam LTK with the stun rune until everything is dead. Stomping Torment IV, might try VI later tonight. Still using all my old gear:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shifty76-1953/hero/6639133

Yoshichan

That's it for today guys! Peace!

J. Bravo

barbarians kind of are bad now :(

can't have ww up constantly and boulder throw is kind of boring. sucks cuz that was my first char ever. could just be geared wrong i guess.

Duress

I swear movement speed got gimped.

I run the same speed when I use the tail wind rune that increases movement speed by 25%.

It even increases the number in my stats, but I still go the same speed.

On the brighter side I can spam the tornadoes with crits, and running through guys.

Sigmaah

So fellow Demon Hunters, what new build should I be going for? I left off at a tank build, don't think that's gonna fly anymore lol.

Some quick thoughts after sinking my teeth into the patch a little. First thing is they finally got the skills right. By this I mean, we're no longer punished for experimenting for swapping skills. Prior to NV we got a time penalty for swapping, then we lost NV for swapping. If the point of no skill tree was to encourage experimentation and prevent rerolls, I never understood why they punished us for doing so. It's so nice being able to change skills on the fly. I also like the lack of NV in general.

Regarding loot 2.0. The lengendary items really do have interesting attributes. I've found some pants that are essential to a TR build. I just found a sword that does chain lightning damage. Im wearing an ammy that spawns clones on a stun. I'm saving pieces to try ideas as I acquire more stuff. I like that there isn't 50 blues and 12 yellows after a large fight. I think yellows are going to be worthless sooner than before, but that's about the only negative I can think of.

I love the clan stuff. Love it. Love being able to see what's looted. Love being able to see available games and who's playing.

I'm also digging my monk build right now. Cyclone/EP/bell with stun rune.

I'm digging paragon point allocation.

In general ... Having a good time and can't wait for ROS

My experiments: (torment 3 & 4):

WD -> 0 sec Wall of zombies with the new taunt rune is broken lol is like permafrost from the distant

DH -> with the + 2 sentries offhand -> 5 senties with fire chains -> everything instameltdown

crozier

My wizard is officially happy. Running around with a 2H staff that randomly fears the entire room. Switched to fire from ice for awhile too. Molten meteor is just fun.

jns

has the chest at the start of HoA3 been nerfed? When I spawn in now I just get random dungeon, not the fire pit that the chest can spawn at ...

DieH@rd

Banned
Tried the new patch today after months and months of inaction. My Immortal King barb is happy, TormentVI is very nice. :D I will check out game more these days, I only played it for 15mins.

Leveling with two friends who are playing barbs on master difficulty. My two coolest legendaries; awesome spikey shoulders that have a chance to do a fan of knives when attacked and a weapon called Odyn Son, which was basically Thor's Hammer and did chain lightning both where much better suited to the barbarians.

Still having a tonne of fun though, can't stop playing. If I didn't have work in the morning I'd be playing until 4am probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom