• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE 1991

Though the new loot system is awesome, revisiting Diablo 3 reminds more than anything that Blizzard made an incredibly satisfying combat system.

Insaniac

Is there a certain difficulty where monster density is higher? Seemed really low on the few that I tried.

on torment the density is higher, but don't expect it to be like it was pre 2.0.

someone listed these reasons in /r/diablo and I kinda agree with them, especially point 3

1) It is easier for servers.
2) Without LS, sustaining face rolls is now much harder.
3) Densities moved builds towards an AoE heavy set-up -- thus reducing variety.
4) Arguably, smaller packs meant that each battle is now more strategy-heavy due to stronger individual monsters, so one can't simply engage it and spam stuff until the mass of monsters die of.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Is there a certain difficulty where monster density is higher? Seemed really low on the few that I tried.

From what I've read the current density is how it will be in story mode, but the density will be much higher in adventure mode. We'll see once RoS is out.

DSmalls84

on torment the density is higher, but don't expect it to be like it was pre 2.0.

someone listed these reasons in /r/diablo and I kinda agree with them, especially point 3

1) It is easier for servers.
2) Without LS, sustaining face rolls is now much harder.
3) Densities moved builds towards an AoE heavy set-up -- thus reducing variety.
4) Arguably, smaller packs meant that each battle is now more strategy-heavy due to stronger individual monsters, so one can't simply engage it and spam stuff until the mass of monsters die of.

Makes sense even if it is a little jarring at first.

Krassus

It def feels nicer with packs being smaller. I dont think I have rubberbanded once with the new patch and it was pretty common before for me.

The streamer KingKongor's currently getting over 2 billion exp/hour by running the cursed chest in Halls of Agony 3 on Torment 6.

Old bug report:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11040294043

Probably going to be fixed shortly. There were some blue responses about it on the EU forum.

Just went and checked it myself, after 30 attempts on Torment 1, the chest didn't spawn a single time. Guess they're tied to torment levels?

Shifty76

Fired this up last night for the first time in a few months.

Sad that nirvana no longer works, but I switched a few skills around and was doing Torment 4 pretty easy. Still using all my old nirvana gear as I didn't get around to trying the revamped crafting yet.

I'd already moved away from LS as a source of sustain, so switching to Transcendence was really smooth.

Did find a legendary ~1300 dps one handed sword with 500ish dex and +14% to physical dmg, but I lose dps over my current mainhand. Not sure if the bonus to physical dmg will make up for that as I don't use many physical dmg skills.

Only played around for a half hour or so, but liked what I saw so far.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Not a huge deal but kinda disappointed the played time didnt correctly sync from pre 2.0.

Also is there a benefit to re-rolling crafted items, can they roll higher now?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First encounter with food since I started playing... online pizza home delivery.

Fuck me, it begins.

RS4-

Cheers to casker, bunta, and squidy for the chest runs! Was working for us as of 5 mins ago.

I should have squeezed in one game with my level 1 wiz lol

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
First encounter with food since I started playing... online pizza home delivery.

Fuck me, it begins.

I'd love to make fun of you Yoshi, but after supper last night I ended up playing until 2 AM. I got four hours of sleep last night. All I wanted to do was log into the game and check out the changes quick. It was an innocent objective. Eight hours later and I glanced at the clock and realized that I had to get up for work soon.

Nugg

Okay, Europe here. I just joined the GAF community. Is anyone able to invite me to the clan? My Battle Tag is PinGun#1953

Doomsayer

Played for 20 minutes last night... Torment 2 kicked my ass.

I did get some nice upgrades for my WD though.

I'm really just biding time until I get my hands on a Crusader. Paladins fo lyfe.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, Europe here. I just joined the GAF community. Is anyone able to invite me to the clan? My Battle Tag is PinGun#1953

Done!!

Raul#1766 here (NA). Decided to reroll entirely, level 36 and i just walked away from er the spider queen. Leveling on Torment is a trip once you get a socketed weapon.

edit: spider queen, not maghda.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to join the EU group as well, do some co-op and maybe some powerleveling (both ways, of course!)

Noray#2106

Yoshichan

Theowin> can you whisper Tunesmith#1650 or Ryan#1961 in-game?

Firemind> are you in NA or EU? If you're in EU, PM the above :3!

MrDaravon

Awww yiss

1R08zoH.jpg

I lose about 28k sheet damage over my Manticore, so I'm gonna have to run with it for a while, but I think the added hatred regen and attack speed letting me spam Frost Arrow more will hopefully make up for it. The Max Disc is nice, but the build I'm running uses very little Disc, so we'll see.

Awww yiss

1R08zoH.jpg

I lose about 28k sheet damage over my Manticore, so I'm gonna have to run with it for a while, but I think the added hatred regen and attack speed letting me spam Frost Arrow more will hopefully make up for it. The Max Disc is nice, but the build I'm running uses very little Disc, so we'll see.

You should tested out and check how much damage your clones do. I'm pretty happy with the clones for my monk.

MrDaravon

You should tested out and check how much damage your clones do. I'm pretty happy with the clones for my monk.

As far as I can tell the clones just stand there. Sometimes they do a simple firing animation, but it doesn't look like it's actually doing anything? I need to get out of the quest I'm in now that has a NPC and also drop my follower and see what's actually happening. Even if they are attacking it's not doing anything noticeable. It does draw aggro, but not enough or in a way that is a plus for me. I'm running kind of a weird build though too so I dunno.

I think even with the 28k dps drop the hatred regen and being able to spam more Frost Arrows and faster is probablllllly going to make it worthwhile ultimately though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom