• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else get the most horrific performance at the Rakkis Crossing? Every other zone in the game I'm at 60fps rock solid, but at Rakkis Crossing I go down to single digit FPS and literally freeze. I have always had issues with this zone, even on completely different PCs. I have found threads dating back 2 years with people having the same exact issue but nothing was ever done about it. It's not great while solo, but it's unplayable in co-op. And once again, it's only this one area.

Bombless

nUcEsOI.png

I am never changing cloaks again.
Unless I get an upgraded version!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

jns

lol, thanks man. I managed to get about 2 paragon upgrades before I had to do something else. No real worries for me though, at least clearing zones is fun--and rewarding now.

Also, can I get an invite to the US clan? I'm an aussie but play on the .us servers. Pwnan#1520

Cheers guys :D

Carlow

Does anyone else get the most horrific performance at the Rakkis Crossing? Every other zone in the game I'm at 60fps rock solid, but at Rakkis Crossing I go down to single digit FPS and literally freeze. I have always had issues with this zone, even on completely different PCs. I have found threads dating back 2 years with people having the same exact issue but nothing was ever done about it. It's not great while solo, but it's unplayable in co-op. And once again, it's only this one area.

thought that was only me, been having the same issue, wasn't sure if it was due to me moving my D3 from an SSD to a normal HDD.

its random for me, but only happens at Rakkis Crossing, normaly when aload of mobs are in the process of being blown up.

Jrmint

So fellow Demon Hunters, what new build should I be going for? I left off at a tank build, don't think that's gonna fly anymore lol.
I'm doing a build which uses cull the weak passive, entangling shot primary and cluster arrow with loaded for bear. Throw in whatever defensives you like. It works pretty well I think.

barbarians kind of are bad now :(

can't have ww up constantly and boulder throw is kind of boring. sucks cuz that was my first char ever. could just be geared wrong i guess.

I've been having fun with bash (or cleave)/seismic slam/boulder toss/revenge, then having war cry/wotb for my 3/4 keys. It's not fast, but it's satisfying. I generate fury relatively quickly, so I can get boulder tosses out relatively quickly if needed, and otherwise I can pummel groups with Sslam.

styl3s

For the life of me i can't figure out what wizard build to use. I keep jumping back and fourth between frozen orb and pure electric build.

I hear meteor is really good right now.

I considered having a picture of the nWo but I figured it might go over a lot of peoples heads :D
Wrassle GAF runs wild around all these parts, brother!

J. Bravo

I've been having fun with bash (or cleave)/seismic slam/boulder toss/revenge, then having war cry/wotb for my 3/4 keys. It's not fast, but it's satisfying. I generate fury relatively quickly, so I can get boulder tosses out relatively quickly if needed, and otherwise I can pummel groups with Sslam.
hmm I'll give that a try. I think my main issue is dps, and I have no idea how to up that. My gear was mid-high tier for a ww barb pre 2.01.

but yeah I have things I need to get done before going out tonight but I'll probably just end up playing right up until heading out. May not even do anything tonight lolol

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
thought that was only me, been having the same issue, wasn't sure if it was due to me moving my D3 from an SSD to a normal HDD.

its random for me, but only happens at Rakkis Crossing, normaly when aload of mobs are in the process of being blown up.

We're not alone from the research I've done. I've nudged the CM regarding this issue, hopefully she passes it on to someone who can fix it.

Revoh

Where the hell is located the reset quest button? I seriously couldn't find it yesterday, I've looked pretty much everywhere.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
My wizard is officially happy. Running around with a 2H staff that randomly fears the entire room. Switched to fire from ice for awhile too. Molten meteor is just fun.

I've gone straight up frost wizard and I'm loving the hell out of it. Magic missile with icicle and frozen orb on my mouse, with blizzard, comet, magic weapon and ice familiar on the buttons. Passives are cold blooded, prodigy, and glass cannon. Gives me great crowd control for masses and it even works great so far against elites and bosses. I do need better gear to ramp up the torment level though, but every hour or so I'm getting upgrades so my healt and dps are climbing steadily.

This patch is incredible so far, much better than I expected to be honest.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
I've gone straight up frost wizard and I'm loving the hell out of it. Magic missile with icicle and frozen orb on my mouse, with blizzard, comet, magic weapon and ice familiar on the buttons. Passives are cold blooded, prodigy, and glass cannon. Gives me great crowd control for masses and it even works great so far against elites and bosses. I do need better gear to ramp up the torment level though, but every hour or so I'm getting upgrades so my healt and dps are climbing steadily.

This patch is incredible so far, much better than I expected to be honest.

Pretty much sums up my opinion on the patch. And I'm running close to the same build as you. Currently happily running Torment 2 with an Ice Wizard I could never have done before... which was 50% the reason why I dropped the game.

If the expansion is icing on this cake I'm in for a while.

950k crits.

I think my Wiz hits pretty hard. I was going to craft some better shoulders...but then I realized what a waste of gold that would be given the level cap raise. Guess I'll just keep stacking my change.

Started Torment 3, Act 3 and it felt pretty good. Tough, but doable. I got up to the spider chick before joining groups.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm doing a build which uses cull the weak passive, entangling shot primary and cluster arrow with loaded for bear. Throw in whatever defensives you like. It works pretty well I think.

I'm doing a rocket build because rockets. 100% rocket damage passive, rockets on sentry, rockets on strafe, rockets on rapid fire. I like rockets.

Xamdou

So the new legendaries can't be sold in he auction house?

If I find a legendary plan on one char at lvl 30, transfer to my lvl 60 monk, will the legendary item then be lvl 60 when I craft it?

RS4-

So the new legendaries can't be sold in he auction house?

If I find a legendary plan on one char at lvl 30, transfer to my lvl 60 monk, will the legendary item then be lvl 60 when I craft it?

You can mouse over it, it'll tell you the level before you ID it. Stats are determined when it dropped anyway.

Hiding this, quote to see for XP stuff that is probably known anyway:

Krassus

UBERS tonight again, we knocked out all the new ubers on T3 a few times around and got a few rings. Hoping to do so tonight again. If you are interested please have keys or machines, we dont need carrying so people without them really dont help. We'll farm keys in between sets to round out sets for people who have keys in bank.

Luxury#1795 or pm me, ill also spam the community before we go.

RS4-

I've had no luck with the hell fire stuff. Got like 7/11 of the a1/3 keys respectively. Finding the a2 warden we annoying. I'll give it another shot

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
(email-tagged secret stuff)

Yeah, they missed a spot there, heh.

I did some testing last night and it looks like their fix for power levelling was to reduce mob exp to only give the experience a mob of the player's level would have given. In other words, in a level 60 game the level 10 character only gets the experience that level 10 mobs give. So, for power levelling via mob kills, it looks like it's faster (and much easier) to keep it on T6 but have the lower level person host the game. Needs verification though though, I may have overlooked something.

The quoted thing's still way faster. Funny that it still works - they said they were going to fix that a few months ago in the beta.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This dropped for me on my wizard last night off of the Skeleton King:

U7XvBt8.jpg

I mistakenly reset my quests, so now I'm working through the game again, but to be honest I'm loving it because I'm getting upgrades and good loot the whole time through. This sword upped my DPS from 97K to 133K all by itself, so I'm okay with it. :)

MrDaravon

Elemental arrow generating hatred is fucking outrageous. Unlimited spamming of the exploding frost rune for life.

Yup. 40k sheet loss (down to 202k), buuuuut I can now spam Cluster Arrow/Loaded for Bear repeatedly, and if that runs out I guess I'll just have to Frost Arrow everything to death? Running Cull the Weak as well, working great. Also this means I don't need the Bat companion anymore, so I swapped it out for the Wolf's active bonus (30% attack boost for 10 seconds). I could probably swap out the companion completely for maybe turrets or RoV or something altogether, I'll have to mess around with it some. But yeah, it's ridiculous.

ACE 1991

So what is good monk build that I should be using for survivability? I'm running expert at level 51 and finding tons of upgrades but the elite mobs keep wrecking the shit out of me.

Dahbomb

So what is good monk build that I should be using for survivability? I'm running expert at level 51 and finding tons of upgrades but the elite mobs keep wrecking the shit out of me.
You can just use a defensive Mantra like Mantra of Healing or Mantra of Evasion/Hard Target. Then add in Serenity and a defensive Inner Sanctuary rune. You can also get Breath of Heaven and an Earth Elemental if you want even more survivability. There is no shortage of defensive abilities on a Monk.

Insaniac

You can reset your quests, go through the beginning of act 1, and kill him again for another guaranteed legendary.

Okay, that is what I did, but why is only SK?

basically: is it a bug that SK drops the guaranteed legendary? Or is it a bug that the rest of the bosses don't after resetting quests?

Oak

Neo Member

basically: is it a bug that SK drops the guaranteed legendary? Or is it a bug that the rest of the bosses don't after resetting quests?

Is this meant to be an SK specific legendary drop, or are all main bosses supposed to drop a legendary on your first kill?

Insaniac

Is this meant to be an SK specific legendary drop, or are all main bosses supposed to drop a legendary on your first kill?

well, when you play a fresh character, you're supposed to get a guaranteed legendary off every boss the first time you kill them.

I assume this means mid bosses and final bosses, as I got a drop off SK, Butcher, and Maghda with my new char (haven't gotten further)

When you reset quests, its worded that you get "First time boss kill rewards" again so I'd assume you should get guaranteed legendarys too, but after I reset quests I got one from Sk, but none from butcher

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

SK is just the first major boss you fight in the game. Resetting quests puts you at the beginning of the game. No bugs either way.

Dahbomb

You only get a guaranteed Legendary drop from SK after resetting a quest. A drop from any other boss is coincidental. This has been tested already.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
SK is just the first major boss you fight in the game. Resetting quests puts you at the beginning of the game. No bugs either way.

This is incorrect. SK is bugged, no boss should guarantee a legendary at level 60.

MrDaravon

You only get a guaranteed Legendary drop from SK after resetting a quest. A drop from any other boss is coincidental. This has been tested already.

Right, but wasn't the intention/what they originally posted that you would get a guaranteed legendary from every act boss on a fresh runthrough?

Anoregon

This is incorrect. SK is bugged, no boss should guarantee a legendary at level 60.

I'm actually not sure he is guaranteed to drop one. My buddy who was doing SK runs last night said he was getting like 1 legendary every 1-2 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom