• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: nevermind!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually not sure he is guaranteed to drop one. My buddy who was doing SK runs last night said he was getting like 1 legendary every 1-2 runs.

You get a guaranteed legendary once per hero.

Probably already answered, but can someone quickly explain or point me to a link that explains why a lot of the runes have elemental modifiers now? Did the patch change how those kinds of damage types work?

Jrmint

Probably already answered, but can someone quickly explain or point me to a link that explains why a lot of the runes have elemental modifiers now? Did the patch change how those kinds of damage types work?
Well there's a new stat on lots of gear that will say +12% fire damage or +15% lightning damage. So then you say ok, let me design a build that uses all fire based abilities.

Sigmaah

Best runs to do atm?! I know it's been asked but I need to know!

Probs gonna switch to crusader permanently once he comes out. He just looks too badass and fun.

I like the loot system, just hope legendaries aren't as prevalent at 70.

However, the game is hard locking for me, like totally hard locking my pc, no BSOD. Can't task manager it.

I posted on the b.net forums, hopefully they'll be able to do something about it. Its about an hour of gameplay and then it locks up.

Krassus

I like the loot system, just hope legendaries aren't as prevalent at 70.

However, the game is hard locking for me, like totally hard locking my pc, no BSOD. Can't task manager it.

I posted on the b.net forums, hopefully they'll be able to do something about it. Its about an hour of gameplay and then it locks up.

Hapened me twice last night, mainly when i clicked links in the middle of battles.

Artanisix

I keep switching between all my 60s lol. They're all so fun, except for my poor barbarians, which is sad because I have 4 level 60 barbs (2 softcore 2 hardcore). Feels like they ruined that class.

All my gear sucks though but it's been fun getting gear to make them stronger.

Talents

Banned
Just came on to check the new patch after not playing for a few months. They've completely destroyed the Wizard build by removing Critical Mass. What's the new build for Wizards as I keep getting destroyed trying to use my build.

Firemind

Just came on to check the new patch after not playing for a few months. They've completely destroyed the Wizard build by removing Critical Mass. What's the new build for Wizards as I keep getting destroyed trying to use my build.

Frozen Orb/Blizzard/Meteor spam

MrDaravon

Hey, so does anyone know if d3up is going to be updated, or what other sites are people using now? I've always preferred d3up, but it hasn't been updated in a long time, and if I try to sync now it's still only pulling in my pre-patch gear/stats somehow and not what's on bnet. Toughness is a good general guideline for people, but I really liked min/maxing with d3up and would like to continue to do so.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Needs moar rockets.

I agree, but that's about as far as you can get with rockets on skills alone. I think there are legendaries that synergize well with them though. The fact that there isn't a grenade rune that turns them into rockets is downright offensive to me.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Just to confirm the old 'glitch' of any +elemental% damage adding to damage does not work anymore, correct?

Damage modifiers have to match? +fire with + fire?

To the people that have double-dipped on PC and console - are the console versions as addicting as the PC version?

Something about endless monster killing and click click click click is just so very addicting. I was wondering if you can get the same kind of feeling when using a controller on a comfy couch.

Crusader looks badass. Bummed he doesn't have a zeal typed skill though!

To the people that have double-dipped on PC and console - are the console versions as addicting as the PC version?

Something about endless monster killing and click click click click is just so very addicting. I was wondering if you can get the same kind of feeling when using a controller on a comfy couch.

On the gaming side thread a couple people were saying it's actually hard to go back to the mouse/kb. My guess is the controller feels really good to grind with.

ZenaxPure

woah...well the PS4 version needs to come the hell out, then!

I believe there is a demo for consoles you could check out if you wanted to see how it played first hand.

I want the console version eventually, but, I've always been worried about attacks where you actually control where they land (leap, acid cloud, blizzard, etc.) The thought of using acid cloud without a mouse always scared me.

Revoh

Under game settings then in the middle
NOPE.
It's not there
YiYuKl5.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You need to have killed Diablo to reset your quests.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
NOPE.
It's not there
YiYuKl5.jpg

Yeah, I noticed this too. My alt accounts don't have the option yet at all, and my main has it grayed out after resetting quests. Still grayed out after killing Diablo, so it's not just the Diablo kill.

I don't think it becomes available until you've completed all the quests. (Haven't determined if it's every individual quest step or just some key points)

Boose

Could I get an invite to the NA clan? Tayo569#1688

Really loving the new patch. Having a blast playing a Wizard changing my skills around a lot trying to see what I like best. Really want to find a Spec that I can just cast frozen orb constantly.

neoism

I keep switching between all my 60s lol. They're all so fun, except for my poor barbarians, which is sad because I have 4 level 60 barbs (2 softcore 2 hardcore). Feels like they ruined that class.

All my gear sucks though but it's been fun getting gear to make them stronger.

yeah barb is my main besides monk.. but damn... not sure what to do
I found these amazing boots and ring... plus an awesome sword on my monk...
got base 170k but buffed 200... I really do just need about 3oo more all res...
but still the patch is fucking fun. but still should have gave us something... damn. like having some small way to get shards.

25th day one( LOL)
taking Wednesday off.
also friend me please need mo of gaf..

NOPE.
It's not there
YiYuKl5.jpg

omg man I cant wait so I'm I the only one that will wait til ACT 5. Until I'm a level 70 Crusader.... I'd like to play it on torment 1 first time through but not sure... but definitely waiting til I'm level 70.
neoism #1506

So if I stack a bunch of fire damage items but lets say some of them don't include my main stat INT, is it possible to still increase my overall damage?

From what I can see your damage amount doesn't factor in these added %'s from your items so you can possibly have a way higher damage rate than what your profile shows. Any way they could adjust this based off your current spells/runes you are using?

So if I stack a bunch of fire damage items but lets say some of them don't include my main stat INT, is it possible to still increase my overall damage?

From what I can see your damage amount doesn't factor in these added %'s from your items so you can possibly have a way higher damage rate than what your profile shows. Any way they could adjust this based off your current spells/runes you are using?

Yes, I think you have it right. Same with items that directly increase specific skill damage. I don't see how you could boil all that down to a single number though, since the damage displayed is the "pre skill" number. It would be nice if individual skills showed the true, final adjusted number. So when mousing over a rune, in addition to seeing "189% weapon damage", it gave you the second calculated number it actually uses. But you can still turn on damage number display, and check before and after gear switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom