• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Ah, I see. Try the free trial until you get your copy. You will be able to get to lv13 with it.

Already finished with all the classes except Witch Doctor which I started yesterday (I think?) and I'm about to finish

How's WD at higher levels? you barely get hit since your enemies mostly attack your zombie dogs, and the ones coming to you can be slowed down, and those multiple darts are quite deadly!

V_Arnold

Already finished with all the classes except Witch Doctor which I started yesterday (I think?) and I'm about to finish

How's WD at higher levels? you barely get hit since your enemies mostly attack your zombie dogs, and the ones coming to you can be slowed down, and those multiple darts are quite deadly!

I am enjoying Witch Doctor GREATLY at lv60. Currently at lv6 paragon, and I do not plan on abandoning her until she reaches lv100 :p

Sacrifice is gawdlike, the Acid Rain just melts everything, and Fire Bomb is way more fun than it ever was. I love the class.

M.D

I am enjoying Witch Doctor GREATLY at lv60. Currently at lv6 paragon, and I do not plan on abandoning her until she reaches lv100 :p

Sacrifice is gawdlike, the Acid Rain just melts everything, and Fire Bomb is way more fun than it ever was. I love the class.

I think I may go WD instead of Barb now... it's weird cause I thought I wouldn't like this class at all for some reason.

Was the latest patch any good for the class?

..... I want this game so bad right now :(

Xizk

Do any of the INT classes use LoH? Got a 900dps axe, 200int,100vit and 500 LoH. Could use some help setting the price. Need some gold so I can flip more items. Been selling Fire Walkers on RMAH.

picked up a daibo with 126% Crit 503 dex and 176 vit with a socket for 2mill my dps went up to 40k unbuffed. I think i paid a pretty good price.

I have a 29% crit rate but i wonder if i should switch to a different sweeping wind since i dont proc nearly as many cyclones because of the lower atk speed.

Also did they change the wording on Deadly strike Scattering blows? it now always hits up to 7 people around me for 170% damage. I was criting over 150k it was nice change of pace for my monk who was normally lower dps.

DSmalls84

I jumped on my Witch Doctor last night for the first time in a while. I used Jungle Fort,Bad Medicine, and Zombie handler and it was pretty awesome. I could use Dogs and Garg to take down elites easily in Act 1 and they seemed to work pretty well on the few elite mobs I fought in Act II. This is pretty much how I hoped the WD would be when the game launched. A D2 Necro with better offensive spells and summons. Do the Dogs hold up in Acts III & IV? If not I would love to see some WD pet builds?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Do any of the INT classes use LoH? Got a 900dps axe, 200int,100vit and 500 LoH. Could use some help setting the price. Need some gold so I can flip more items. Been selling Fire Walkers on RMAH.

They do for Inferno Act 3 (possibly 2) if they're melee. I'd love LoH on my weapon, but I need something with high attack speed so I can't afford to use an axe. You can definitely sell this item. Good DPS, very good stats, good LoH. Yep, that's a winner right there.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Having the worst time logging on - got on for a bit, fiddled on the AH and got kicked off after I left a crappy group. :( Can't get on again!

They do for Inferno Act 3 (possibly 2) if they're melee. I'd love LoH on my weapon, but I need something with high attack speed so I can't afford to use an axe. You can definitely sell this item. Good DPS, very good stats, good LoH. Yep, that's a winner right there.

Witch Doctor love some LoH for them.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I only play solo. I'm so glad it seems like I can't log on half the time I want to play this game. Totally cool.

Don't you have waitresses to give huge money to? ;)

Europe seems fine. I did experience some lag the past few days, but it's hard to say whether it's because of my new internet connection or server problems. It's nowhere near as bad as on the US servers. Aren't you glad it's such a big country and Blizzard's an American company? :p

MotherFan

I have been doing act 2 runs and they are pretty easy. But, I am not sure where to go in act 3 that is efficient? What is the best act 3 run that has lots of elites?

I have been doing act 2 runs and they are pretty easy. But, I am not sure where to go in act 3 that is efficient? What is the best act 3 run that has lots of elites?

Hmm I'm doing Siegebreaker and then whole act to Azmodean.

I'm only not sure on where to collect 5 NV stacks most efficiently.

After a bit of a drought, was able to find two legendaries last night. Gladiator Gauntlets and a Hellrack. When I saw that one fall I was hoping it'd be the new Manticore which can be really godlike.

I usually have an hour to spare most mornings before going into work. It's really been frustrating to logon most of this week and not be able to play.

I'm tired of farming Act 1 over and over and am now deadset on making a char that can farm Act 3 easily and *gasp* even Act 4. I have:

60 barb
60 dh
60 wizard
no monk
no wd

Tell me which I can do this with. I'm going to take out DH and Wiz because I know I can't with them and barb probably requires epic gear with huge res all/vita/str/armor on every item (I don't wanna die in 1-2 hits in Act 4).

So that leaves Monk and WD. With Monk I get the feeling he/she can be quite gear-dependent as well, so that leaves WD? Like a WD focusing on pets since they got buffed? can they survive in act 4? how good does gear need to be? is it a fun class end-game? Thanks

equil

Hmm I'm doing Siegebreaker and then whole act to Azmodean.

I'm only not sure on where to collect 5 NV stacks most efficiently.

Start at the "Kill the Siegebreaker" quest. Teleport to the rakkis crossing to pick up Tyrael, then go back to the Stonefort and start from there. And hit every area before you kill the siegebreaker.

RivalCore

Orjpf.jpg

FINALLY!

Don't know if it's worth anything, haven't been paying attention to 2h'ers.

Seth C

Don't you have waitresses to give huge money to? ;)

Europe seems fine. I did experience some lag the past few days, but it's hard to say whether it's because of my new internet connection or server problems. It's nowhere near as bad as on the US servers. Aren't you glad it's such a big country and Blizzard's an American company? :p

Haha. Not today. Tomorrow though, definitely.

Has anyone made it to 100,000 kills without finding a legendary or set item? If not I'm quickly approaching a new record.

Stripes55

Neo Member
I'm hoping the problem Blizzard's trying to fix is giving me a better seed for the RNG so that I can see a legendary at some point LOL. I went through all of Act I, no oranges for me.

In case you're wondering, yes, that is the first time I got through Act I. I had just started Inferno before the patch, went back and started over after it came out.

But I hear Act II might be more rewarding....I hope...

sazzy

WTF at these fucking shit servers not working. Let me log the fuck in and farm ffs.

^

edit- was just about to login.

ALL of my fucking keybinds have reset. LOL.

Amazing.

D3 is like an asshole that keeps on shitting. man...

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Has anyone made it to 100,000 kills without finding a legendary or set item? If not I'm quickly approaching a new record.

It's just bad luck. To be honest I got a grand total of 3 legendaries I think prior to 1.0.4, or maybe only 2. I got one of those hamburger weapons (which came in pretty handy at the time, huge DPS upgrade), and some time during 1.0.3 I got a piece of the Natalya set (off a chest I think, lol) with poor rolls, completely unsellable. All with little-to-no MF gear.

I've been playing 1.0.4 a bit already (I'm currently PL6), again, with no MF bonus aside from NV and PL, and I got one legendary on the second day I think, and 2 other in one single run yesterday. I have 93k total kills btw (Wiz 60, Barb 50, and the rest in their 10s/20s). I've more than doubled my number of dropped legendaries in 2 days. I do all my farming in act 1, but I got 1 legendary in Act 3 when doing a run with friends (can't solo it yet).

Bottom line is: it's definitely a matter of luck, BUT the droprate has been increased in 1.0.4. You'll see eventually. You just weren't lucky.

Now, Pyro? I hate his effin' guts, how can he be so lucky? I know he plays a lot, but still.

Any tips how to take on Belial inferno.
How much dps do i need. Already glad i can semi farm act 2 right now takes a while to kill stuff but i get there.

Im a barb btw.

scy

It doesn't have any stats aside from the lightning stuff and the life percentage

Still, put it up for a premium then drop it if it doesn't sell

A Lightning Resist stacking Monk could get decent use out of the resist on it at least. A shame there isn't more Lightning damage for Monks though ... :/

A Lightning Resist stacking Monk could get decent use out of the resist on it at least. A shame there isn't more Lightning damage for Monks though ... :/

It looks like Wizard weapon for me - could make some really crazy dps with those bonuses on lightning build.

scy

It looks like Wizard weapon for me - could make some really crazy dps with those bonuses on lightning build.

Oh no, definitely this. Just noting the Lightning Resist made me think of Monks and they have Fist of Thunder and Sweeping Wind > Cyclone for Lightning damage options. Pre-1.0.4, this was basically all the offense any Monk used anyway.

Eidelon

That's not in-game, and even if it was that timeframe passed about 7 hours ago.

They have a bad, consistent habit of not putting in-game notices up until either right before something happens, or not at all. People casually playing probably aren't checking message boards and shit. Their communication is really, really poor.

I agree. It was just some official info I thought would be useful to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom