• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppelin

He's got a Leah av

image.php

MrDaravon

Annnnnd server messages saying it's going down in 15 minutes. Backed out to see if I could get any AH stuff in first, and the AH is acessible but I get literally no hits on anything, and I can't re-start a game to go through my two pages of rares at least before it goes down.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It looks like Wizard weapon for me - could make some really crazy dps with those bonuses on lightning build.

Not really. 2 handers are most useful when you can use resource heavy big damage skills. The only lightning skills that Wiz has are the signature spells, as far as I recall.

I'm still not too sure what Blizz was thinking with the runes on Wiz. There should have been variations on each element for most skills.

scy

Not really. 2 handers are most useful when you can use resource heavy big damage skills. The only lightning skills that Wiz has are the signature spells, as far as I recall.

Off-hand, Hydra > Lightning Hydra, Magic Weapon > Electrify, Storm Armor > All.

So maybe it is better suited for a Monk! Fist of Thunder and Sweeping Wind > Cyclone and all!

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I played to the last second, in the last minute I got 3 ilvl 63 items I didn't check. Lets hope they're still there

RS4-

Hmm, completed a3 just now, looked at my progress and it's still on the catapult quest. This server shut down better not have fucked up my progress!

neoism

You guys can farm with me and be lucky with me...

....jkjkjk, I roll solo.
so is the reason to play with a group now... I thought you get xp from teammate kills but you don't.... I wold think you would get more xp playing solo because you could got through the whole act and every little cave and what not...?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Off-hand, Hydra > Lightning Hydra, Magic Weapon > Electrify, Storm Armor > All.

So maybe it is better suited for a Monk! Fist of Thunder and Sweeping Wind > Cyclone and all!

Lightning Hydra isn't a heavy hitter, storm armor doesn't elementalize your weapon's element, magic weapon does, but all the Wizard's big spells have their own element that will take precedence.

You could try Spectral Blades, but still :/

There's no resource spender that takes advantage of the 25% lightning bonus.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
so is the reason to play with a group now... I thought you get xp from teammate kills but you don't.... I wold think you would get more xp playing solo because you could got through the whole act and every little cave and what not...?

you don't get xp for teammate kills? I'm not sure about that...

scy

Lightning Hydra isn't a heavy hitter, storm armor doesn't elementalize your weapon's element, magic weapon does, but all the Wizard's big spells have their own element that will take precedence.

Well, I was just listing the spells that do Lightning Damage. At best, you can Storm Armor so you deal damage when hit and tank in the middle of Lightning Hydras while you try to spam one of the Lightning Damage signature spells. Doesn't sound all that great :/

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
While the servers are down does anyone want to take a look at my barb gear / build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tjohn86-1840/hero/1818746

I'm interested in farming more efficiently. I bought some crit gear but I am not able to survive in act 3 with it on.

Efficient farming requires pretty high dps. If you don't like the WW build you might try throwing in Dash anyways as with your good LoH you'd be surprised how much health you can regen. I go high dps 2 hander (which only cost 900k) with 1800 LoH and Run like the Wind crits frequently for 18-20k many times a second.

My AR is far lower than yours but I use mostly defensive cooldowns. It is sort of a highly modified WW build but without the WW:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/offtopic-1648/hero/2380748

syllogism

184 int
34 vit
75 all resist
340 armor
3 sockets

That's about it, I think.
It's supposed to have two random props, one of them being 340 armor which is a high roll and desirable. I would guess it's worth maybe 20m+, but it's hard to say when the market for these is new and wds/wizards might just wait for one with a better vit roll.

e: might be worth a lot more, on EU AH that high int ones are all 100+m but likely not moving. I think I was way off.

DieH@rd

Banned
My first non crappy Legendary! Yay!
d3andarielsvisage64jpl.jpg

What do you think, how much is it worth [both gold and &#8364;]? Im in dire need of gold [currently I'm @ <200k].

ElyrionX

It's supposed to have two random props, one of them being 340 armor which is a high roll and desirable. I would guess it's worth maybe 20m+, but it's hard to say when the market for these is new and wds/wizards might just wait for one with a better vit roll.

e: might be worth a lot more, on EU AH that high int ones are all 100+m but likely not moving. I think I was way off.

Thanks! So the 3 sockets is a standard roll on the item? I checked the items page on the Blizzard website but it states 1 socket as the standard roll. I guess the page hasn't been updated?

EDIT: Never mind. Servers back up. Checking AH now

syllogism

Thanks! So the 3 sockets is a standard roll on the item? I checked the items page on the Blizzard website but it states 1 socket as the standard roll. I guess the page hasn't been updated?

EDIT: Never mind. Servers back up. Checking AH now
All set chests have 3 sockets despite it saying they only have 1, probably due to them making a new legendary specific socket property that always gives 3

Also turns out storm chaser rune coefficient is actually twice what old energy twister had, so it's perhaps even better, if harder to aim

Radec

My first non crappy Legendary! Yay!
d3andarielsvisage64jpl.jpg

What do you think, how much is it worth [both gold and €]? Im in dire need of gold [currently I'm @ <200k].

Sold mine for 35m. And it got like 164 int.

Dex Andariel goes for 100m+.

Either way, enjoy the gold millionaire. :)

Insaniac

is 80 all res a perfect roll? I just found a belt with 170 str 70 vit and 80 all res plus some other stats, thats pretty decent right?
besides high str and all res what else is desirable on a barb belt?

is 80 all res a perfect roll? I just found a belt with 170 str 70 vit and 80 all res plus some other stats, thats pretty decent right?
besides high str and all res what else is desirable on a barb belt?
Armor is a another good barb stat on belt, also life steal % or +fury if it's a mighty belt.

Regardless, your belt with 170 str, 70 vit, perf 80 res all is worth a lot just like all armors with high stat/vita/AR are worth a lot. Congrats!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Armor is a another good barb stat on belt, also life steal % or +fury if it's a mighty belt.

Regardless, your belt with 170 str, 70 vit, perf 80 res all is worth a lot just like all armors with high stat/vita/AR are worth a lot. Congrats!

I think a barb belt I had up for sale with 140str/140dex/140vit and around 40 AR was selling for stupid cheap

Last I saw the highest bid was 5000 gold lol i die a little inside every time I check the AH

I was holding on to that sucker hoping it would net me 60 mil

After I rebuilt my barb (60k HP/30k DPS/8000 armor/700 all resist/ 1300 LoH / 3000 life regen / 8% life steal all pieces costing me combined 80 mil gold) I hoped it would replenish my coffers

Now I'm poor with a super powerful barb which diablo can't even dent

Radec

question, if you bid 1m on an item with current bid of 200k but no buyout.

When you win the bid, do you get the 800k back?

Xizk

Just bought Lacuni Prowlers with 150str,35 vit,35 arcane res,9 attack speed, 12 mov speed for 930k... Best deal in a while.

question, if you bid 1m on an item with current bid of 200k but no buyout.

When you win the bid, do you get the 800k back?
Yes, it shows up in your stash similar to if you'd sold an item. In this case you'd see both the item and the difference between the bid by yourself and what it wound up selling for.

If you get outbid, you'll also get the money back of course.

Dahbomb

I just played so it seemed to be working fine, minus some lag spikes here and there.

Today I tried out my DH after like months... as in before the NT nerf. Man my DH is ass now! :p Can't even get past Act 2 without dying a ton.

Sothpaw

Just got a chance to play the new patch for a bit. Tank doctor pets are so good now. Spirit Barrage is also a really nice spell (Manitou). So many more options for the class, well done Blizz. Would love to play more, just super busy these days.

850 all res
45k life
1250 loh
5.3k armor w/enchantress
14k dps

RivalCore

Just hit level 8 Paragon. Christ my wrist hurts and my loot has been pretty lackluster aside from a slight belt upgrade and that legendary.

Zeppelin

If anyone in Europe feels like doing some Act 3 tonight, feel free to add Zeppelin#xxxx and jump in my game!

Edit: I may be a little bit drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom