• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Guess what,

u9eis.png

Sold for 1M... looks like I'll be broken for a while.

You sold that for 1m...?

Sigmaah

I'm having a character crisis lol, My DH is ok but it cost too much fucking gold to get upgrades, I beleieve I can do act 3 with him but I die too much. I thought my monk was good for act 3 but apparently he's not that great for it. and plus it takes forever to kill shit with him, it may get the job done but omfg, SO SLOW. wanna upgrade damage with him, but yet again, too much gold. I wanna try my wiz with CM build but don't know if its viable anymore, got a 53 barb that I might just finish leveling off tonight because it seems to me that WW barb is the way to go, shits fun and things die fast. I dunno wdf to do... :/

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
QLkWA.jpg

Would've been godly if they rolled all res too but got that double int roll + vit so I guess I can't complain. Plus it's an upgrade.

I just wish you could dye legendaries. It doesn't go with my color scheme :(

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Woot, finally joining the post 1.04 legendary party!

qRKQb.jpg

Too bad I don't have a WD, worth anything?

I don't know anything about WDs, so I don't know if that Zombie Charger stuff is worth anything but:
- Very good dmg
- Extremely good int
- Very good vit
- Insane crit%
- Elite bonus dmg

And you're seriously asking if it's worth anything? Dude, it's worth 10s of millions at least, and I hate you for this :(.

Rufus

I don't know anything about WDs, so I don't know if that Zombie Charger stuff is worth anything but:
- Very good dmg
- Extremely good int
- Very good vit
- Insane crit%
- Elite bonus dmg

And you're seriously asking if it's worth anything? Dude, it's worth 10s of millions at least, and I hate you for this :(.
I'm slowly re-gearing my WD and yeah, I could use something like this right about now...

Cipherr

Current bid is 6,5M... I just don't get the AH.

I have nicer stuff sitting without bids for 20k gold.

crazypants.jpg

Do you by chance only play one class? Because your perception of value on those pants are way off. Those are incredible incredible pants. And if they sell at their proper value, its going to be a freaking windfall more than a mere 6.5 million man.

dex/vita/resist all/high mf/1 socket/good armor.

Resist all is not as high but very good.

Even still man, you need to think about how that works out. Instead of a STR/DEX roll, your pants has MF, which is fantastic, but it also loses 50 of a main stat by not having that socket. Those pants also have the bonus of being friendly to DH/Monk and Barbs instead of just one class because the Dex/Str are of nearly equal levels and they are both high.

Shadow780

Thanks, if you can take any solace, this is my first gear that's actually worth a damn. I haven't sold anything worth 1 million yet.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Do you by chance only play one class? Because your perception of value on those pants are way off. Those are incredible incredible pants. And if they sell at their proper value, its going to be a freaking windfall more than a mere 6.5 million man.

Even still man, you need to think about how that works out. Instead of a STR/DEX roll, your pants has MF, which is fantastic, but it also loses 50 of a main stat by not having that socket. Those pants also have the bonus of being friendly to DH/Monk and Barbs instead of just one class because the Dex/Str are of nearly equal levels and they are both high.

You weren't kidding, they're at 11,5M now and still 10 hours to go... and yeah, I only play my witch doctor.

Also, it looks like my perception of the other pants was incorrect... didn't realize until now MF isn't as sought after in D3 as it was in D2 =/

Dahbomb

I'm having a character crisis lol, My DH is ok but it cost too much fucking gold to get upgrades, I beleieve I can do act 3 with him but I die too much. I thought my monk was good for act 3 but apparently he's not that great for it. and plus it takes forever to kill shit with him, it may get the job done but omfg, SO SLOW. wanna upgrade damage with him, but yet again, too much gold. I wanna try my wiz with CM build but don't know if its viable anymore, got a 53 barb that I might just finish leveling off tonight because it seems to me that WW barb is the way to go, shits fun and things die fast. I dunno wdf to do... :/
I have seen your Monk, it's like 1000+ resists with 20K damage, 37K health and decent life on hit, IAS and Crit. It can easily do Act 3, I mean if my Monk can so can yours. You just need to be better at positioning, using your spells and studder stepping (yes you need to do this as a melee too especially if you want to keep your Sweeping Wind up).

If you want more damage then the fastest way to get more DPS is to go with a 2H Monk and start using spells like 7 Sided Strike with MoC + Blinding Faith. That's a very powerful nuke to have in the bag. The only downside to 2H is that he attacks slow so spirit generation is slow but you can offset that with Guardians Path.

There is no short cut to getting upgrades and killing stuff faster while also not dying a lot... IMO you already took the short cut with your Monk by essentially being Inferno complete for 1 million (because of 6 affix search now its even easier to gear a Monk). You gotta put the time in now better start grinding those Paragon levels.

CM is viable but not as good and requires better more expensive gear to be super effective like before. Thankfully there are other powerful Wizard builds out there, its a fairly versatile class. Although Wizards run into similar problems as the DH, a lot of DPS but if they get touched while being low on resources its lights out.

Rufus

Also, it looks like my perception of the other pants was incorrect... didn't realize until now MF isn't as sought after in D3 as it was in D2 =/
Even less so now that Paragon Levels are a thing and MF is being phased out eventually.
I get kinda depressed seeing that item. Good non-legendary items are so damned plain. If stats weren't on gear, it would have all res and two sockets, yay? I mean, still good, but ugh. Two Worlds loot is more exciting than this, I'm not even kidding...

Sigmaah

I have seen your Monk, it's like 1000+ resists with 20K damage, 37K health and decent life on hit, IAS and Crit. It can easily do Act 3, I mean if my Monk can so can yours. You just need to be better at positioning, using your spells and studder stepping (yes you need to do this as a melee too especially if you want to keep your Sweeping Wind up).

If you want more damage then the fastest way to get more DPS is to go with a 2H Monk and start using spells like 7 Sided Strike with MoC + Blinding Faith. That's a very powerful nuke to have in the bag. The only downside to 2H is that he attacks slow so spirit generation is slow but you can offset that with Guardians Path.

There is no short cut to getting upgrades and killing stuff faster while also not dying a lot... IMO you already took the short cut with your Monk by essentially being Inferno complete for 1 million (because of 6 affix search now its even easier to gear a Monk). You gotta put the time in now better start grinding those Paragon levels.

CM is viable but not as good and requires better more expensive gear to be super effective like before. Thankfully there are other powerful Wizard builds out there, its a fairly versatile class. Although Wizards run into similar problems as the DH, a lot of DPS but if they get touched while being low on resources its lights out.

Thanks for the write up bro, will try the monk stuff, my health is now at 30K with 800+ all res because I sacrificed some res and vit for more damage.

Little bro just got this, is he rich?
ZCSNn.jpg

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Even less so now that Paragon Levels are a thing and MF is being phased out eventually.
I get kinda depressed seeing that item. Good non-legendary items are so damned plain. If stats weren't on gear, it would have all res and two sockets, yay? I mean, still good, but ugh. Two Worlds loot is more exciting than this, I'm not even kidding...

And the two sockets are mostly for dumping stats lol.

Shouta

Oh my Maximus + Exploding Palm Essence Burn + Sweeping Wind - Fire Storm = total destruction. Thank you based Rentahamster.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yeah, that too. It's a complete non-decision, too. Well, unless you need more health. I want skulls back.

Isn't lifesteal mitigated and that's why everyone's looking after life on hit?

Or so I thought eh ;D

I've been checking the AH for manajuma's and Zunimassa's...my god are they expensive.

I'm noticing a serious decline in the number of items on the EU auction house. Some of the searches I do every day are now returning less than a page where previously you'd be looking at 5 or 6 pages easily. I wonder what's going on.

Rufus

Isn't lifesteal mitigated and that's why everyone's crapping over life on hit?

Or so I thought eh ;D
Ha.
I just mean the missing gems in general. By which I mean the missing [everything] that made grinding the lottery more tolerable. Gems are just symbolic of getting railroaded towards boredom now. No stats + stats on gear + main stats being overwhelmingly better than the others turned out to be such a disaster.

Karg

KoH0S.jpg

From all things this dropped from a random mob......I can't even find anything to compare this to....so a few without the level requirement on it for decent prices. Thoughts?

Dahbomb

Is it true ilvl 63 legendaries only drop in Act3 and 4? Some guy in chat said it. I've been farming Act 1 all this time :(
LOL no...

I have gotten Grandfather, 2 Hellracks, Blackthorne Breeches and some set piece weapon I can't remember (because it was so bad)

Thunder Gods Vigor, Lacuni Prowler and Dead Man Legacy from Act 2.

Only thing Legendary I have gotten from Act 3 is Stormshield but I didn't play much act 3 prior to 1.04.

These are all 1.04 by the way.

V_Arnold

I started believing that legendaries are a myth, then TWO dropped for me yesterday.

Both sucks (Hierophant's Seal and Cindercoat, not good rolls), so now I adjusted my worldview, and only believe now that GOOD legendaries are still a myth! :D

Cipherr

KoH0S.jpg

From all things this dropped from a random mob......I can't even find anything to compare this to....so a few without the level requirement on it for decent prices. Thoughts?

Haha, thats awesome. I have no idea how much its worth, but someones alt somewhere is going to have a field day with that. 90% crit and 1400 LOH with 261 VIT? At level 44...... hilarious.

Rufus

KoH0S.jpg

On the off-chance that you don't have a Barb at 60 yet (haha), or even any other character, I would try using it to get there, then sell it. Get some use out of that thing first.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Ha.
I just mean the missing gems in general. By which I mean the missing [everything] that made grinding the lottery more tolerable. Gems are just symbolic of getting railroaded towards boredom now. No stats + stats on gear + main stats being overwhelmingly better than the others turned out to be such a disaster.

Oh ya I know what you mean.

Between gems, runes and the cool items the grind was much more gratifying.

I remember when I finished the necro set after farming cow level many times for that helm I was ecstatic. My necro became a flaming wraith and could cast fire based sorc spells which sinergized with all the +skill level items I had.

Just amazing. Between the fire spells, the summons and the curses and the fiery wraith looks it was like a nazgul or a lich.

And yeah there's nothing like that in D3.

/sad

btw I got another legendary a few hours ago but it sucked so bad I didn't even bother mentioning it. Some 250 dps garbage. Level 53 legendaries shouldn't even drop in act 3. Level 53 legendaries shouldn't exist, lol.

Dahbomb

I really think they need to implement in exp gain from quests and fountains/power ups in Inferno. Power up should just be a +exp% for a short time. With quests they can implement something like a base value and then it multiplies based on your paragon level.

Nothing major just one of those small things that seem obvious. Also more side quests need to drop random elites in them. And why the hell aren't rares guaranteed from res chests after a full stack?

DTKT

Imagine if you could combine 10-20 low-level legendary into one 62-62? You can't buy them, they have to be found. And make it really random, so that people just don't farm low-level inventory.

Here, I made them useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom