• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

NecroRamone

Neo Member
Can anyone please give me a pricecheck on this? (EU RMAH)

104loot3.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
so guys does MF at 300 just get you more rares and legends or it it for the quality as well... because I've never had more than 200 :/ I had loot gear but with the levels and stuff I only use a amulet with 35%mf and a ring with 18%.... that's 150% max mf with nv5 on act one. :/ am I fucked at ever getting a great drop. :/ I'm pL 5 also...

As far as I know, the way it works is that when a monster is killed, an item is generated - the frequency of item drops I think JUST depends on the monster you are killing - ie, small monsters generally drop items less frequently, while rares/big monsters drop almost always and sometimes more than one item.

After an item is 'true' for dropping, the item level is decided, and the item 'name'. Ie - Golden Talon, iLvl 63 fist weapon drops.

After this, comes the MF - The higher your MF, the more likely that this Fist weapon will be a blue or a yellow. So if it's normally 5% without any MF, and you have 300% MF, the chance is now 5% * 300% = 15%

Not sure how legendaries work, but I assume every time you kill a monster, it has a chance that it will drop a legendary - a scary small number, also multiplied by MF.

neoism

As far as I know, the way it works is that when a monster is killed, an item is generated - the frequency of item drops I think JUST depends on the monster you are killing - ie, small monsters generally drop items less frequently, while rares/big monsters drop almost always and sometimes more than one item.

After an item is 'true' for dropping, the item level is decided, and the item 'name'. Ie - Golden Talon, iLvl 63 fist weapon drops.

After this, comes the MF - The higher your MF, the more likely that this Fist weapon will be a blue or a yellow.

Not sure how legendaries work, but I assume every time you kill a monster, it has a chance that it will drop a legendary - a scary small number, also multiplied by MF.
lol guess I'm fucked til Plevel 80 :p

RivalCore

Just hit Paragon level 10 (half way to 11), still getting awful drops. The mid level item crash is killing whatever chances I had to get some decent gold together for upgrades :(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Can anyone please give me a pricecheck on this? (EU RMAH)

104loot3.jpg

On USA AH, that's probably worth 40 mil plus

I was tracking one that sold for 150 million with crit and a socket with about 100 more DPS

So on RMAH... At least basing on USA- maybe $150-$200

Woke up today, sold another auction for $70. I'm 150 away from 1K. Do I retire then, is the question. Also awesome Mace up there. Should be worth plenty.

Insaniac

MF only affects item quality... (magic/rare/set/legendary)

no, it affects how many affixes you get too. When you kill amonster it determines from a top down order as to what drops, first it checks if you will get a legendary/set, then a 6 affix rare, 5 affix rare, 4 affix rare, magic, normal etc. your MF will increase the % chance of these drops

I should mention that MF does not affect chance of higher ilvl drops or chance of rolling better item stats

syllogism

no, it affects how many affixes you get too. When you kill amonster it determines from a top down order as to what drops, first it checks if you will get a legendary/set, then a 6 affix rare, 5 affix rare, 4 affix rare, magic, normal etc. your MF will increase the % chance of these drops

I should mention that MF does not affect chance of higher ilvl drops or chance of rolling better item stats
The impact on affixes is very, very minor

Won

Well thanks to Guild Wars not working properly I decided to close out my Witch Doctor. Finally hit 60 and Hardcore Inferno. Yay!

But I guess that's it for a while now.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Argh! Spent hours trying to find the Black Mushroom. The worst part is I found it on my first character two days after launch but didn't know what it was, now its the last piece I need.

And as I say that the next run I finally find it. If it works that way, then hey I haven't found a legendary either. ;)

Talents

Banned
God dammit, this is getting so boring and repetitive, must have done like 15 runs of leorics manor, backtracking all the way to the cathedral, then the festering woods, have only got 1 decent item and it isn't selling.

I hate you blizzard, my MF with NV and Paragon is 258. Sigh.

Trickster

God dammit, this is getting so boring and repetitive, must have done like 15 runs of leorics manor, backtracking all the way to the cathedral, then the festering woods, have only got 1 decent item and it isn't selling.

I hate you blizzard, my MF with NV and Paragon is 258. Sigh.

Why are you doing act 1? Shouldn't take much to do act 3 at this point.

Talents

Banned
What class are you

Wizard my build is:
Diamond Skin- Crystal Shell
Archon- Improved Archon
Hydra- Arcane
Blizzard- Stark Winter
Shock Pulse- Piercing Orb
Teleport- Wormhole

Passive Skills:
Glass Cannon
Cold Blooded
Illusionist

35953.45 DPS
Resists range from 400-500

DopeyFish

Wizard my build is:
Archon- Improved Archon
Hydra- Arcane
Blizzard- Stark Winter
Teleport- Wormhole

Passive Skills:
Glass Cannon
Cold Blooded
Illusionist

35953.45 DPS

I highly recommend dropping glass cannon especially if your gear isn't great.

You're attempting to be high damage but losing 60 resists and likely 500 armor probably doesn't help against elites. If your gear sucks, glass cannon will likely only help you against white mobs and not elites. probably change out one of your skills for slow time - time warp to help with kiting (to offset the loss in DPS)

Until your gear gets better- you should try focusing on defense first then offense since they took out rage timers on mobs

Trickster

It'd probably be a good idea to not focus as heavily on MF as well, I imagine that going for MF on gear still drives up the price as well.

Better to get gear that makes your character stronger and able to do later acts, rather than be stuck farming act 1. Though that's just my take on it.

syllogism

Can you elaborate how minor? I just wanna have some info to pass down to some of my friends who bitch for minutes everytime an elite dies before they switch.
I don't remember the math, but I recall it was something like a few % higher chance of 6 and 5 affix rares when going from 75% to 300%

Talents

Banned
It'd probably be a good idea to not focus as heavily on MF as well, I imagine that going for MF on gear still drives up the price as well.

Better to get gear that makes your character stronger and able to do later acts, rather than be stuck farming act 1. Though that's just my take on it.

That isn't my magic find gear, it's my main gear, I don't buy MF gear, I just use the stuff I find while playing. My magic find gear takes my stats down to like 21k dps, and 200 resist.

Talents

Banned
Talents

Use the passives galvanizing ward and evocation

Use defensive skill energy armor - prismatic

Both those passives seem kind of useless for me, the only spell that has a long cooldown is archon, and I usually keep it up long enough for a large amount of the cooldown.

ElyrionX

Wizard my build is:
Archon- Improved Archon
Hydra- Arcane
Blizzard- Stark Winter
Teleport- Wormhole

Passive Skills:
Glass Cannon
Cold Blooded
Illusionist

35953.45 DPS

ALL wizards use Energy Armor with either the Force Armor or Prismatic Armor rune. Drop Archon for it.

Talents

Banned
ALL wizards use Energy Armor with either the Force Armor or Prismatic Armor rune. Drop Archon for it.

But Archon is so useful against elites, especially when they wall themselves away from me.

Ok then, what would you guys recommend, Slow Time, or Blizzard?

DopeyFish

Both those passives seem kind of useless for me, the only spell that has a long cooldown is archon, and I usually keep it up long enough for a large amount of the cooldown.

Galvanizing ward is kinda useless, sure. But I'm just assuming you have no health regen and every little bit counts

Cool downs are also very important, especially when using your diamond skin

It will save you

Remember, at roughly 30 k DPS, you can dish out damage- you have to mitigate incoming or else you flake out too fast

Buff your armor and resists, work on defensive skills. Survival is so important.

You may even want to drop archon... It's efficacy over time makes it less valuable than it seems. Really good for high DPS but if you can't survive, use defensive instead. When you can use like 4 at a time, you know you're well off.

Use slow time- but do make sure you get energy armor and drop glass cannon. Your survivability will be a LOT higher

Vodh

Wizard my build is:
Archon- Improved Archon
Hydra- Arcane
Blizzard- Stark Winter
Teleport- Wormhole

Passive Skills:
Glass Cannon
Cold Blooded
Illusionist

35953.45 DPS

1. Switch Archon to Energy Armor (Prismatic rune)
2. Switch Glass Cannon to Blur
3. Switch Wormhole to Fracture
4. Go farm act 3.

I'm kinda bummed that it looks like this thread has just become a big price checker again. Come on people, you have six search criteria to work with now, there really isn't a need to be requesting checks on the majority of this stuff.

Talents

Banned
Galvanizing ward is kinda useless, sure. But I'm just assuming you have no health regen and every little bit counts

Cool downs are also very important, especially when using your diamond skin

It will save you

Remember, at roughly 30 k DPS, you can dish out damage- you have to mitigate incoming or else you flake out too fast

Buff your armor and resists, work on defensive skills. Survival is so important.

You may even want to drop archon... It's efficacy over time makes it less valuable than it seems. Really good for high DPS but if you can't survive, use defensive instead. When you can use like 4 at a time, you know you're well off.

Use slow time- but do make sure you get energy armor and drop glass cannon. Your survivability will be a LOT higher

1. Switch Archon to Energy Armor (Prismatic rune)
2. Switch Glass Cannon to Blur
3. Switch Wormhole to Fracture
4. Go farm act 3.

Ok, so my new build is:
Teleport- Fracture
Energy Armor- Prismatic Armor
Hydra- Arcane
Slow Time- Time Warp (wasn't sure what to use with it

Passive Skills-
Blur
Evocation
Illusionist

Is this good?

DopeyFish

Ok, so my new build is:
Teleport- Fracture
Energy Armor- Prismatic Armor
Hydra- Arcane
Slow Time- Time Warp (wasn't sure what to use with it

Passive Skills-
Blur
Evocation
Illusionist

Is this good?

Give it a whirl!

Vodh

Will do! Just going to quickly check the auction house then try Act 2 again.

Thanks for your help everyone!

If you manage to live without the slow time, that Stark Winter out there wasn't half bad, that or perhaps the lower AP cost rune for Blizzard. The way it's now, you might have a hard time kiting and you might lack a bit of damage. But hey, with the buffed Arcane Hydra it might actually be enough!

syllogism

Found* chantodo's force and even though it's a really mediocre roll, this thing is so ridiculous. My close to perfect rare source isn't even close

LSiOs.png

*the person who I farm with found it and gave it to me

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I wonder if they'll nerf it.

Also, I guess it would be a great way of getting the "gearless" achievements in Hell, if people haven't already figured out a simpler way of doing it.

Edit: And I've found goblins pretty hard to kill with it! It's kinda tricky to get them to take damage from the trail for some reason.

In act 1/2 it's pretty useful to trap goblins with Windforce knockback perk, interrupts them constantly. I don't play act 3 often enough to gauge it's usefulness there.

I don't think they'll nerf it tbh, it's highly dependant on your weapon to be useful. It does absolutely no damage if you're naked btw. :p

Talents

Banned
Hmm after trying the new build, the survival is really high, but the damage isn't enough it takes three times as long to kill elites.

DopeyFish

Hmm after trying the new build, the survival is really high, but the damage isn't enough it takes three times as long to kill elites.

You can try glass cannon and archon again

See if the energy armor was the only thing you were missing

(My friend dies super fast without it on, but can play through all 4 acts with it)

Tom Penny

Love when people set up a bot on an item. No matter what my bid is it kept saying too low and going up like 5k each time even when then item started at 5k then I made a bid of 100k it immediately bid a littler over that. Fucking lame.

Tom Penny

That's not a bot, they just bid a very high maximum.

How can you bid a maximum? I thought it shows the highest current bid or did they change something. That has never happened to me ever. If an item says 50k and I bid 100 it says I have the current highest bid at 100k. Just read the rules..I thought max bid was your actual bid. Go figure. Not sure how I never noticed that. So if you bid 5 million and nobody goes that high do you pay the full 5 million or just higher than the next highest bidder?

forgrim

Say I bid 5 million and the current bid is 100k, and u bid 500k, it will automatically say I'm winning at 550k. And if u bid 1 mil, itll auto update to me winning at 1.05 mil. It'll keep updating til u beat my Max bid, which was 5 million

Trying to get back into this game, but kinda lost with my monk. What's the order of importance of what to stack? And a great build/rotation and weapon type? It's been too long :(

Thanks!

Tom Penny

Say I bid 5 million and the current bid is 100k, and u bid 500k, it will automatically say I'm winning at 550k. And if u bid 1 mil, itll auto update to me winning at 1.05 mil. It'll keep updating til u beat my Max bid, which was 5 million

Yeah. I just edited my post. Never knew that. That helps alot actually. I've probably screwed up an took the buyout price a few time. Now I know.

RivalCore

Trying to get back into this game, but kinda lost with my monk. What's the order of importance of what to stack? And a great build/rotation and weapon type? It's been too long :(

Thanks!

Depends on whether you want go tank or dps build. Tank is Dex, Vit, Res, LoH. DPS is Dex, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Vit and Res.

The mid tier items have pretty crashed in value so you should be able to get a decent 25k dps build for relatively cheap at the moment. 700+ weapons with crit damage, sockets and dex can be had for well under a million if you spend some time on the AH.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
on Barbarian what is better hammer of ancients or seismic slam ?

Tom Penny

Thanks!

I probably have some old lighting gear I can give you to get you started if you want lighting resist as your main one once you reach level 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom