• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

It's kind of fun to be back and looking for those enticing legendaries and gaining paragon levels, but I think they made things too easy. I think I'm going to get burned out pretty quickly since it's almost hard for my monk to die now even in Act 3 and 4. I feel like there's no real reason to actually use any legendary I might find since I'm already strong enough.

Kill shit faster.

Zeppelin

It's actually easier solo sometimes as when you are playing coop everyone heads towards the same opening and runs into each other.

Actually, when I had a barb to tank him up centre for me I found a spot where none of his attacks would hit my DH. Ever. The only thing I had to dodge was his breath attack. I wonder if they fixed that...

Rufus

It's kind of fun to be back and looking for those enticing legendaries and gaining paragon levels, but I think they made things too easy. I think I'm going to get burned out pretty quickly since it's almost hard for my monk to die now even in Act 3 and 4. I feel like there's no real reason to actually use any legendary I might find since I'm already strong enough.
It's not like there was a reason before, either. Other than doing it all over on a different class, which is not as appealing in this game, because you are immediately chasing gear (which, outside of the legendaries, is boring).

RDreamer

It's not like there was a reason before, either. Other than doing it all over on a different class, which is not as appealing in this game, because you are immediately chasing gear (which, outside of the legendaries, is boring).

Yeah, I mean there wasn't a huge reason to keep redoing it, but at least it was kind of difficult enough that you wanted to get better to do things faster and easier. The first difficulty for inferno was especially like that.

Talents

Banned
Act I inferno is a cake walk.

Act II I can't get past interrupting the two rituals.

I had the same problem.

Ask people on here to help you with your build, earlier today I couldn't get past the ritual level, on Act 3 now, Act 2 was a piece of cake.

scy

Why is everyone still asking for pricechecks? Search for it yourselves, they added 6 slots now.

To be fair, sources are harder to price.

That said, that source isn't that good. No Crit, AP on Crit, and not sure on the actual damage of it (just having the max isn't really the whole picture).

I'm getting absolutely bodied in the Fields of Slaughter. Act 2 is too easy for me now with the new Seven Sided Strike and this build

Is it just a matter of getting more LoH? I've got like 300 now

I'm getting absolutely bodied in the Fields of Slaughter. Act 2 is too easy for me now with the new Seven Sided Strike and this build

Is it just a matter of getting more LoH? I've got like 300 now

1000 LoH ... You can get away with less in act II.

Also switch out guardians path for resolve. Especially with sweeping wind.

kennah

I had the same problem.

Ask people on here to help you with your build, earlier today I couldn't get past the ritual level, on Act 3 now, Act 2 was a piece of cake.
My build is ok. Just have a hodgepodge of gear and only a million gold. Gonna redo act 1 and see what I get.

After leveling my witch doc that is.

So... after 300 hours+ I finally got my first set item tonight:

rnvnm.jpg

I have no idea how good they are compared to others but I'm happy with them since they're better than the ones I already have in every way and are for a DH. Pretty good day overall today to be honest. Got a slightly better crossbow (still full of retarded stats though) and two jewler plans.

Those boots are beyond god-tier. Certainly in the top 0.1% percentage of rattatas. Has everything you could ever ask for.

Talents

Banned
My build is ok. Just have a hodgepodge of gear and only a million gold. Gonna redo act 1 and see what I get.

After leveling my witch doc that is.
My gear wasn't that great either, guess Wizards are just less gear dependant than other classes.

1000 LoH ... You can get away with less in act II.

Also switch out guardians path for resolve. Especially with sweeping wind.

That makes a lot of sense with resolve. Can't believe I didn't piece that together

I can get to 1000 with just a weapon.

As far as offhands, does it matter how high its dps is compared to the main hand?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
can you guys rate my gear and build? Right now I've pushed through the first quest of act 3 with relative ease but I feel my build is lacking. With Prismatic Energy armor I have 700-800 all resists, and I have 41% melee damage reduction. (or is this about par for the course?)

The Cmass / ww build I've run for a long time so thats what I'm geared for.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SpikyBry-1289/hero/1667927

I think you could definitely get better shoulders, at least

Far better shoulders :p

wtf? am I finally rich?

noticed this thing in my stash and looked up comparable rings and there are TWO

5SExB.png

one for 40m and the other 60, for dex. searching for int there's the zunimussa ring and those start at 15m

does the forecast call for showers? let it be true

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
wtf? am I finally rich?

noticed this thing in my stash and looked up comparable rings and there are TWO

5SExB.png

one for 40m and the other 60, for dex. searching for int there's the zunimussa ring and those start at 15m

does the forecast call for showers? let it be true
No crit chance or attack speed. Prob a million

Ploid 3.0

Seem like this might be worth something. I tried lowering the stats until stuff showed up and the stuff that showed up was over 50mil+. I undercut and hope it sells. It's a darn i61 item

686b4443626f8239797ff3eaaa7129cf8a4620cc.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Seem like this might be worth something. I tried lowering the stats until stuff showed up and the stuff that showed up was over 50mil+. I undercut and hope it sells. It's a darn i61 item

686b4443626f8239797ff3eaaa7129cf8a4620cc.jpg

That is ridiculous. Dex and vit rolls over 100, 3 sockets, and some all res. Pretty much what any high level demon hunter is looking for.

Are you still playing?

I have been after the patch now yeah. Didn't play for a good long time though after the initial month mostly due to being occupied with Dota 2 (which I am still occupied with and have sunk in equal or more hours than I have D3 - though I've made an effort to play at least a bit of D3 every other day at the least.)

I still haven't gotten around to updating the OP because it's just really not a priority for me. I know I should do it, but it's not a huge deal if I don't either. It's just annoying since I need to take the time and sit down for at least a half an hour or so and comb through it for outdated info, as well as the the time it takes to format links for the updates part. I keep putting it off because it's not the most appealing work - more tedium than anything.

No crit chance or attack speed. Prob a million

The jewellery market makes absolutely no sense. Stuff like crit/crit damage/vit/dex are close to 100m items

There's 1 crit damage/attack speed/vit/dex ring with over 80 dex/vit

The things are like the unicorns of the game.

So what I'm wondering is, if variants on those sell. Res can't not add to the value of a regular crit damage ring right?

I'm just trying to get paid :(

Wilsongt

lol...that's only when you land a critical hit, it's not permanent. Also the goal for any DH is to have a high enough crit chance where you don't need sharpshooter.

Oh, I know it isn't. I am still in Act 2 hell, though, so I haven't started gathering up gear for Inferno.

Natiko

Banned
Z956P.jpg

Probably one of the better (best?) items I've ever had drop. Trying to decide what to price it at, been checking the AH some but there don't seem to be a ton of gloves with 80 all resist, 10 crit chance, and over 150 int.

Danj

Seriously guys, where do you have to go/what do you have to do to get these awesome drops? Are they only in Inferno acts 2-4 or something? Is there some specific ritual you have to perform? Do they only drop if you have max magic find? What's the trick?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
There have been 0 unity rings up on the AH since the patch as far as I can tell. I guess that shit is super-rare or something? Seen pretty much everything else I've looked for.

Natiko

Banned
I just started farming VoA in Act 2 yesterday, before that I'd only farmed Act 1. I have no magic find on my armor so mine all comes from NV and paragon levels.

Danj

I just started farming VoA in Act 2 yesterday, before that I'd only farmed Act 1. I have no magic find on my armor so mine all comes from NV and paragon levels.

Okay, well since I can't get past SK with the gear I have, is there a specific place in Act 1 that's worth farming? I've been doing Weeping Hollow (the area outside the back gate of New Tristram) since there always seems to be at least 3 elite/champ packs in that area. But is that area somehow too low level to drop these kinds of drops or something? Should I be going somewhere else?

Natiko

Banned
Okay, well since I can't get past SK with the gear I have, is there a specific place in Act 1 that's worth farming? I've been doing Weeping Hollow (the area outside the back gate of New Tristram) since there always seems to be at least 3 elite/champ packs in that area. But is that area somehow too low level to drop these kinds of drops or something? Should I be going somewhere else?

You can't get past the Skull King? Honestly I'd say you might be better off going into Hell and farming purely for gold. Once you get enough to work with stalk the AH for any good deals on better gear and upgrade enough to be able to at least get through the majority of Act 1. That opens up a much better farming run, even if you can't handle the Butcher yet.

syllogism

There have been 0 unity rings up on the AH since the patch as far as I can tell. I guess that shit is super-rare or something? Seen pretty much everything else I've looked for.
Zero on EU as well, I'm starting to suspect they can't drop at all. I don't see why they would have made this particular legendary that rare

Sigmaah

Finally got a nice 2H crossbow (thanks to my little bro <3) 1200 dps, 100+ dex, 70+ vit and an open socket that had an 80% crit damage gem in it. My dps went from 54K to 74K but now my attack speed is 1.57 and my disc is now at 42 :<

Didn't wanna make the initial change at first because if I didn't equip my 1h, I lost 10K health which to me was too much to lose, then found a nice quiver upgrade which gave me most of that 10K health back so that's mainly why I made the switch (and because of some friends saying I was missing out because of the 1h lol).

I was so use to shooting so fast and spamming the hell out of smoke and gloom, now I gotta get use to playing differently. With SS and steady aim my dps goes to about 134K and with no steady aim, it's at 112K. I need more crit damage and I need one more percent of crit so I can have a clean 40%.

Gonna try a Trail of Cinders build with the 100K dps I have, tried it out a little and shit was dying so fast, plus it's fun vaulting around enimes lol. Still gotta gear up more defensively though, hate dying in 1-2 shots...

Bleh, this is looking like the first weekend that I fail to sell anything on.

No matter how low I price stuff at the moment it just doesn't seem to sell.

Xizk

Bleh, this is looking like the first weekend that I fail to sell anything on.

No matter how low I price stuff at the moment it just doesn't seem to sell.

Same here. Trying to sell max attack speed Lacuni Prowlers with 100str and 50 vit and pricing them much cheaper than the rest and nothing. Anyone able to sell anything on EU RMAH?

Same here. Trying to sell max attack speed Lacuni Prowlers with 100str and 50 vit and pricing them much cheaper than the rest and nothing. Anyone able to sell anything on EU RMAH?

a sword for 20 euros but still waiting for the money.

Is it going on paypall or on blizzard wallet ?

Rufus

a sword for 20 euros but still waiting for the money.

Is it going on paypall or on blizzard wallet ?
It goes where you told it to when you put the item up. It defaults to B-net balance, so if you didn't change that to Paypal that's where its going. I think it displays it in the completed tab, in case you forgot whether you changed it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom