• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Welp my WD is 40 and I need to be 50 before I can enter Hell. How can I level up now, now that they've removed the speed leveling exploits (I assume).

DTKT

I just started leaving 55 and 58 ilevel rares behind. There is just no point in IDing them.

There is something deeply wrong when the entire loot pool is concentrated around 61,62 and 63.

Talents

Banned
You can try glass cannon and archon again

See if the energy armor was the only thing you were missing

(My friend dies super fast without it on, but can play through all 4 acts with it)

Yeah, I swaped Slow Time with Blizzard and I do much higher dps now.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Trying to get back into this game, but kinda lost with my monk. What's the order of importance of what to stack? And a great build/rotation and weapon type? It's been too long :(

Thanks!

I'll just tell you what I do, and it works pretty good for me.

I focus on Dexterity and Vitality for attributes, obviously -

Then I start looking for crit, high crit chance and high critical damage. Then attack speed, only if it doesn't take away from my survivability (ie, I wont take 5% attack speed if I lose 70 resist).

Then it's just resist all + resist of choice with the 'one with everything' passive skill to give a lot of defence.

I dual wield, and I try to find weapons with Life on Hit and Critical hit damage (right now my weapons are something like 200 dex, 850 dps, 85%+ crit damage, and one of them has 770 Life on Hit).

If you die too easy, use Mantra of Evasion + Hard Target. If you have resistance around 500 or so, Mantra of Healing + the resist bonus rune isn't a bad idea either.

Other than that... I'd say experiment and see what works with you - this is how I am currently running

Whooter

D3GAF, what say you?

Is this completely ruined by the DPS, or can I save it with a Gem?

PcTt9.jpg

Ding. Paragon 9 and no legendary drops. Who's with me?

I'm only at Paragon 3, but nothing here, yet.

Dahbomb

Yeah that Barb weapon is useless. 2h can have some crazy stats, the rolls can go over 400 easily on main stats. The dps also needs to be at least late 800 or early 900 unless its a reduced level weapon.

Lvl5 no legendaries.

Tom Penny

I'll just tell you what I do, and it works pretty good for me.

I focus on Dexterity and Vitality for attributes, obviously -

Then I start looking for crit, high crit chance and high critical damage. Then attack speed, only if it doesn't take away from my survivability (ie, I wont take 5% attack speed if I lose 70 resist).

Then it's just resist all + resist of choice with the 'one with everything' passive skill to give a lot of defence.

I dual wield, and I try to find weapons with Life on Hit and Critical hit damage (right now my weapons are something like 200 dex, 850 dps, 85%+ crit damage, and one of them has 770 Life on Hit).

If you die too easy, use Mantra of Evasion + Hard Target. If you have resistance around 500 or so, Mantra of Healing + the resist bonus rune isn't a bad idea either.

Other than that... I'd say experiment and see what works with you - this is how I am currently running

Wants free some cold pants?

krtOD.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Awesome, thanks a lot man! I was close with what I was doing but I'll aim for this haha. Appreciate you taking the time to explain.

No problem, there is a ton more nuance that you can keep in mind, but that should give you the gist of it!

But like, I am thinking about ways that I can incorporate life per spirit spent into my build - I know what the 'first' legendary item I want is, and it gives life per spirit spent most of the time!

Also trying to figure out how much increased attack speed can effect my damage, or if life leech works with the amount of dps I output. Tons tons and tons more nuance than that (getting a legendary that gives damage to all fire based skills for example, then using all your fire runes). Just have fun with it.

Wants free some cold pants?

krtOD.jpg

I have a better pair than what I am wearing, sans MF :p but thanks for the offer!

Zeppelin

So... after 300 hours+ I finally got my first set item tonight:

rnvnm.jpg

I have no idea how good they are compared to others but I'm happy with them since they're better than the ones I already have in every way and are for a DH. Pretty good day overall today to be honest. Got a slightly better crossbow (still full of retarded stats though) and two jewler plans.

I almost feel like six affixes is a curse.

I have this sword, 2H, that I wanted to price... there is just nothing like it. Makes it impossible to price. Arrgh!

DuFYl.jpg

rnvnm.jpg

I have no idea how good they are compared to others but I'm happy with them since they're better than the ones I already have in every way and are for a DH. Pretty good day overall today, to be honest. Got a slightly better crossbow (still full of retarded stats though) and two jewler plans.
those are absolutely amazing.

Demy

rnvnm.jpg

I have no idea how good they are compared to others but I'm happy with them since they're better than the ones I already have in every way and are for a DH. Pretty good day overall today to be honest. Got a slightly better crossbow (still full of retarded stats though) and two jewler plans.

Those are the best physical res Nat boots I've ever seen. Also there are none with those stats currently on ah. Hell I'd use those on my physical monk. They are crazy good. Closest stat wise to those on ah are up for 200m buyout.

There are no physical res nats on RMAH currently with over 100dex on them. Those are probably easily $175+ sell.

Zeppelin

those are absolutely amazing.

Those are the best physical res Nat boots I've ever seen. Also there are none with those stats currently on ah. Hell I'd use those on my physical monk. They are crazy good. Closest stat wise to those on ah are up for 200m buyout.

I'm glad to hear it! I'll hold on to them though. :)

There are no physical res nats on RMAH currently with over 100dex on them. Those are probably easily $175+ sell.

There is a pair up on the Euro RMAH. Slightly more armor and all res and phys res but less dex on those. Buyout at 174.99€.

Ploid 3.0

I almost feel like six affixes is a curse.

I have this sword, 2H, that I wanted to price... there is just nothing like it. Makes it impossible to price. Arrgh!

DuFYl.jpg

I'm in the same boat, was just about to ask gaf. I don't mind low balling it, I want it to sell fast if it's worth anything. I would put it up for 1k and let people bid it to what they want to pay but sometimes that can go bad.

406df1ed3e0266cb32b3d3064752b4b976e1e35f.jpg

Cipherr

Ding. Paragon 9 and no legendary drops. Who's with me?

Just hit Paragon 9 myself also. 175% passive magic find. No legendary drops. But Ive had like 20 pre patch starting at release so I cant really complain.

rnvnm.jpg

Ill bet you can get over 250 million for that so easily. Grats. Those are incredible. Would kill for those on my DH. Resist all stacked with Physical stacked with additional Armor for more RA, stacked with reduced melee damage and 12% movement with 200 dex on a freaking set item where the 2 piece is 7% crit. Godly.

Started using WW barb specs what a awesome rofl stomp spec . :)
had to regear for act 2 clear and it was below 500k.

Now to grind and farm better all resist for Act 3 what was it 500~800 all res?

I need a price check on a source -

200 int
38 vit
385 Top damage
13% gold find
Socket

Seems to be the highest damage range source I've ever seen (and higher than any mojo I've seen).

Thoughts?

Add me to the > 5 paragon levels and no decent drops list. :(

That said, at the moment I'm just doing some achievements so it's not like I've been working at peak elite farming efficiency.

Zeppelin

VAeVQ.jpg

Found these while doing a run through Act 1 with 350 MF. They're not useful to me and don't seem to be worth anything. If you want them and are in Europe, add Zeppelin#xxxx and invade my game and I'll give 'em to you.

Talents

Banned
Alright so with the new build I am using for my wizard, I have got to the end of act 2 inferno, but, I can't seem to beat Belial, his phase where he does that massive AOE keeps wrecking me, I can't seem to survive it. Any tips?

Cheers.

Edit: Don't worry, did it.

Sigmaah

I swear, farming is getting so damn boring, when you keep getting shit after shit, it just doesn't make you wanna play anymore. Only thing that rolls ok for me since 1.0.4 is 2 hand weapons lol. My little bro on the other hand is enjoying farming, getting a set item and 4 legendaries so far. He got a belt that has crit damage? da fuq?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Alright so with the new build I am using for my wizard, I have got to the end of act 2 inferno, but, I can't seem to beat Belial, his phase where he does that massive AOE keeps wrecking me, I can't seem to survive it. Any tips?

Cheers.

The fire breath?

larvi

Cheers.

You pretty much have to avoid it, look for openings where there are no bombs coming down and head towards that then keep looking for new openings to run to until it's over. Don't let yourself get trapped in one of the corners. I've found the openings tend to be more towards the middle and usually alternate between outside away from Belial then back towards Belial. It's actually easier solo sometimes as when you are playing coop everyone heads towards the same opening and runs into each other.

RDreamer

It's kind of fun to be back and looking for those enticing legendaries and gaining paragon levels, but I think they made things too easy. I think I'm going to get burned out pretty quickly since it's almost hard for my monk to die now even in Act 3 and 4. I feel like there's no real reason to actually use any legendary I might find since I'm already strong enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom