• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Got an SMS telling me my game has arrived to the store and I can come pick it up... I thought "That's strange considering I ordered it on Friday and no one works on Saturday (I live in Israel)... I wonder how they got it so quickly"

"There must have been a mistake, the order will arrive in a day or two"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Found my 3rd post-patch legendary. A Grandfather. That thing has some pretty good stats on it now.

Last night I was having such bad luck with goblins. Seemed they were always right in amongst champs or they'd run deeper and deeper into huge groups of enemies.

The final run through I finally had one in the Keep. Was maybe one or two hits away and out of nowhere one of those gas grenade guys comes running into the otherwise empty room and kills me. I just sat there staring at the screen.

That makes a lot of sense with resolve. Can't believe I didn't piece that together

I can get to 1000 with just a weapon.

As far as offhands, does it matter how high its dps is compared to the main hand?
Yes it does. My weapons are ...

Main:
820 dps / 80 dex / 70 crit / 700 LOH

Off:
790 dps / 120 dex / 50 lpss / 70 crit

My other 300 LOH comes from my ammy. I hadn't pieced together resolve either FYI. SCY cleared that one up for me.

Aesthet1c

Can anyone give me advice on weapon DPS?

I currently have a weapon with the following stats:

788 DPS
200 STR
178 VIT
2.8% life steal

I have a couple million gold is all, but I can find some 1000-ish DPS weapons on the AH for that. I found a couple that have around 175ish STR and 2.5% life steal without VIT.

My main problem right now is my barb is in act 3, but I feel like my 15k DPS is a little low. Would it be worth it for me to drop the 2.5 mil on a 1k DPS weapon? I haven't kept up with the thread since the game launched but I remember back then weapon DPS was EVERYTHING.

Or should I just keep on with my current weapon and hopefully find a better drop, or save up more money for weapon with high DPS but better stats?

Definity

Hit paragon 10 with my monk and decided to play my demon hunter for a bit. You can straight up go beast mode with trail of cinders. Loving it.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I would love to try out some legendaries with my build, like I am curious about the burning axe of senkis + some fire skills and whatnot. But... all the good ones are expensive, and I don't want to sit on the AH screen for hours on end checking for those awesome 1d 12h listings. :(

I need more money gaf! I have 9mil-ish, and I have a FEW things on the AH worth like... a total of 10mil... I hope they sell.

edit: Just got a decent won Khim Lau for like 1.5mil, so we'll see how this guy works!

Woke up this morning and saw an auction sold for 95 bucks. I'm less than $100 away from the retiring number, or at least the number I said to myself I'd retire at (1K).

It's funny because I didn't think I'd ever get that high, but the patch re-invigorated the rmah. I don't want to retire at that point anymore :p

Feels like the AH was dead again. It was fun to log in and see stuff sold for a few days...
it is weird that I'm having a lot harder time selling for gold for many items. Items priced less than a million never seem to sell any more for me unless I undercut by a lot.

neoism

Woke up this morning and saw an auction sold for 95 bucks. I'm less than $100 away from the retiring number, or at least the number I said to myself I'd retire at (1K).

It's funny because I didn't think I'd ever get that high, but the patch re-invigorated the rmah. I don't want to retire at that point anymore :p

it is weird that I'm having a lot harder time selling for gold for many items. Items priced less than a million never seem to sell any more for me unless I undercut by a lot.

I think most people just don't bother with loow loow price unless they're just looking for big stuff that's why I probably never sell anything..

Does anyone know a formula for jem cost to gain ratio I'm wondering how many 200k gems(whatever they called) with about 6mil I can make.. is it worth it. Too chicken to see took me a loong time to make this lol.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Wow, this build is pretty baller... and the Won Khim Lau isn't even that good, it only cost a bit over a mil. I wonder if I could get away with equipping two...

Hey guys, need help again.

Yesterday I asked for a new build that would help me complete Act 2 inferno, I got a lot of help and managed to beat act 2, fairly easily, but act 3 is harder, now I don't believe it's my build, but my gear, can someone help me?

Here's my link:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Talents-1330/hero/8263036

Right off the bat, first thing is your weapon sucks.

People overvalue raw DPS.

Get a weapon with 150+ Intelligence, 60+ Crt Dmg and a Socket. Ignore DPS for the most part, you can probably drop down to like 650-ish DPS and still have a big DPS bump. Not to mention Intelligence also gives resist.

Your first ring,
(Corpse) could lose some intelligence for Crit Damage or a Crit %.

Your shoulders could probably get a fairly big Intelligence increase for fairly cheap.

Bracers,
grab some Crit % ones, ignore Resists on this piece until you're more rich. Something like 80 int, 4% crit, try to get some vit.

Finally, Chest ... try to get one with base 120+ Vit, and drop some Int in favour of it. 80 int, 150 vit plus sockets or something for search.

My monk can now tank everything with its gear. I guess its time to stop caring about res and start to up it's dps... But it will never dps as a Barb anyway...

I'm not sure I should just drop monk and paragon roll my barb or keep my monk and roll act III full MF for the lolz (15k hp, 500 res, 3k dps) and survive more than all these noob DHs...

At one point, I'll hit a paragon high enough to loose my MF gear but I won't be killing shit faster : I'm still a monk.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Okay, so this elemental damage shit is bananas. I bought a better Won Kim, should give me a touch more survivability (spirit spent + % life steal) and went from 17% to 24% + lightening damage.

Basically my tornado's are fucking ridiculous now, and lightening strike is super duper useful. I wish monks had more than 2 lightening skills :(. Still, I don't generally use a lot of actives so....

Now I wonder if there are any more things I can wear that give me more lightening damage. I'm already looking for an offhand weapon that does lightening damage + loh + crit damage. Here's hoping.

Talents

Banned

Get a weapon with 150+ Intelligence, 60+ Crt Dmg and a Socket. Ignore DPS for the most part, you can probably drop down to like 650-ish DPS and still have a big DPS bump. Not to mention Intelligence also gives resist.

Your first ring,

Your shoulders could probably get a fairly big Intelligence increase for fairly cheap.

Bracers,
grab some Crit % ones, ignore Resists on this piece until you're more rich. Something like 80 int, 4% crit, try to get some vit.

Finally, Chest ... try to get one with base 120+ Vit, and drop some Int in favour of it. 80 int, 150 vit plus sockets or something for search.

Ok, I got everything you said, apart from the ring and shoulder. The armory hasn't updated yet but this is the stuff I got:

Weapon: 785.4 DPS/ 229-553 Lightning damage/ 173 Intelligence/ +534 Life after each kill/ +61% Critical Damage/ Socket with +70% Critical Damage

Chest: +89 Intelligence/ +203 Vitality/ +40 fire resist/ Ignore durability loss/ 3 sockets, each with +34 Intelligence

Bracers: +71 Intelligence/ +120 Vitality/ Critical Chance 6.0%/ Health globe grants +3142 life

neoism

Your first ring,

Bracers,

most definitely got my mace for 50k :p lol

just got done with my last run for awhile still getting shitty 50-59 in act 1 :/ not really good enough for act 2 which is boring and get owned in act 3 solo so a group is a no...
I have a friend I made mofo is insnae he's already Plevel 17 I wish I had the patience for it. his monk is awesome

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
CknI8.jpg

This is what I got... the fear on hit is a 'random' attribute that I think makes this pretty spectacular.

Have no idea what to price it at - wish it had a socket

Sigmaah

Sold that weapon I posted last night for 74 million (after blizzard tax).

Feels good.

[Originally spent 20 mil on it.]

Nice dude! Just tried to get a sword like this myself, some like it but lower dps so I'm not gonna buy, lol whoever bought your sword is trying to sell it for even higher, don't know if it'll sell higher though, but hey at least you got 74 mill!

Also, for the past couple days I've been selling stuff for 1 million gold or over (like 3 mill max), little by little I'm building my way up haha :>

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I caught a 2 hander right when 1.04 came out with 1100 DPS, 250 strength, 330 vitality, 5.8% life steal and 1200 life on hit for about 500k

I wonder what it's actually worth

It made my entire build viable (life steal on belt, 2300 regen/sec)

Now I can fight any enemy and just not die... Diablo? Lol I laugh at him

This is what I got... the fear on hit is a 'random' attribute that I think makes this pretty spectacular.

Have no idea what to price it at - wish it had a socket

I got this yesterday- they seem so inexpensive on the AH :(

Nice dude! Just tried to get a sword like this myself, some like it but lower dps so I'm not gonna buy, lol whoever bought your sword is trying to sell it for even higher, don't know if it'll sell higher though, but hey at least you got 74 mill!

Yeah, saw that it's being resold. It's totally fine by me because I was down to 3 million. Got a brutal weapon for 9.9 million (arguably better than the one I sold) sans Life Steal.

I'm dabbling a bit in reselling now, no idea where to start.

neoism

guys I was wondering can you level on hell at 60 or does the xp scale down to bad. I was thinking of putting on a bunch of xp gear and do act 3 in that field with a shit loud of enemies or do you get more xp per enemies the higher the act..?

Hit paragon level 5 this morning. Feels good. Trail of Cinders build is pretty damn fun in Act 1. Stuff just disappears. Even elite packs when I get a few of them off. I was looking at my gear more closely though and I can definitely upgrade my helm and bracers - they're pretty bad compared to some of my other stuff. Doing that may make Act 2 and 3 more easily farmable.

hitsugi

Hey guys, need help again.

Yesterday I asked for a new build that would help me complete Act 2 inferno, I got a lot of help and managed to beat act 2, fairly easily, but act 3 is harder, now I don't believe it's my build, but my gear, can someone help me?

Here's my link:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Talents-1330/hero/8263036

It can be hard to run certain cookie cutter builds without a ton invested in gear.

After 1.03, I sold off everything, started over in 1.04, picked up this budget gear and build and haven't had many problems walking through A1-A3 so far. Certain affixes will be a bit tough, but for the most part I'm having more fun with this than I ever was just "melting" everything down with a 100k dps Archon build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strider-1898/hero/3698536

It's very involved, but things should be a breeze for you.

Insaniac

hey guys i'm fed up with farming items to sell on the AH so i can get better gear, so I want to try flipping items, but are there any tips or tricks really or is mostly just luck in finding good gear being sold for cheap?

Shouta

I've had some bad luck with yellows recently but I did get this little bad boy. Gonna get a lot of use on my Witch Doctor that I'm leveling, currently at 39.

m5kbO.png

Dahbomb

First legendary since I was level 42.

kRSog.jpg

Not bad. Right?

Edit: Just checked AH. It's bad. Of course.
WAY better than the Hellrack I got in 1.03. That weapon is pretty solid, not 100 million god tier but that bleed is high and having a socket + ias makes it decent. And of close the novelty of having jailer as an ability.

Zeppelin

Finally beat Diablo on Inferno. Only thing giving me trouble was the aforementioned clone (turns out I was able to kill it real quick while soloing). Once you realise he'll never teleport to you unless you stand too close to an edge he's really too simple, at least as a ranged character.

neoism

guys wouldn't be cool if when pvp comes they had rooms by level.... 10...20..30..40...etc be cool to try to get the best level 10 or 20 character possible.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Just hit P7 and still no legendaries post 1.0.4.

Damn you RNG. At least I feel like I'm making some sorta progress with the P-levels and making a little bit of gold from random drops.

Almost pulled off a no-death Act 3 clear with the exception of 3 (!!!) deaths to Fallen maniacs in the Keep. So cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom