• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you love when you are going through your drops on a farming run and think they are all shit but decide to check them anyway and see similar items selling for 4mil+?

Yea, just happened

ilvl 63 pants
444 armor
108 vit
15% MF
96 Dex
46 AR

Hope they sell....

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So I got a Windforce with LoH, what's a DH build that takes advantage of high LoH?

The one that wants to kill reflect mobs. :p (especially if you're Trail of Cinders and try to escape and end up leaving a trail of reflecting death behind you and dies!)

My Windforce drop has LoK, wish it had LoH!

No kidding i killed myself several times when trying to escape from mobs by cinder trailing and not noticing they are reflect :D

And that's with full Nat's so i can support it with Shadow power quite easily.

ZenaxPure

Taking advantage of how cheap decent weapons have gotten I replaced mine with a nice one with crit damage/LoH that put my WW barb at like 1500 loh in total. Finished act 3 with relative ease and then made it to Diablo in act 4 with little trouble as well. Only real problem was my lack of dps. Only have like 38k outside berserker form (like 45k inside it) so elite packs were dying slower than I would have liked, at least in comparison to act 1 and 2.

Was going to go ahead and kill Diablo just to finish up the game on inferno but apparently his grab attack one shots me in phase 3 (in phase 1 it only did like 1/4th my hp) so I decided to just call it a night. Too tired to actually try to dodge tiny black blotches on the ground.

Robin64

I absolutely suck at Diablo III, so I'm turning to GAF for mocking or, preferably, advice.

This is my main character.

I'm struggling through Hell (Act 1) at the moment, and I have very little money to just go buying loads of cool items to make me invincible. I don't know what to do. Am I using "wrong" skills?

V_Arnold

I absolutely suck at Diablo III, so I'm turning to GAF for mocking or, preferably, advice.

I'm struggling through Hell (Act 1) at the moment, and I have very little money to just go buying loads of cool items to make me invincible. I don't know what to do. Am I using "wrong" skills?

A few quick tips:

- I would use the passive that reduces enemy movement speed (Temporal Flux) instead of Reduced cooldowns, for starters. Along with this change, I suggest you replace Disintegrate with something that does not require you to stand while doing dps. Blizzard is amazing utility for this reason, so is Arcane Orb (since you will slow them anyway).

Instead of Clones, I would use teleport with fracture so I have 2 duplicates anyway, AND I can get ouf ot any harm - and that is more important than the clones themselves.

Also, I think that at this level, having a shield can help you out greatly. Just look for one with Vit and Int, maybe some resists, and you are cool.

(Also, with Venom Hydra already in your build, you are dangerously close to the killer Wizard build, which is Blizzard + Venom Hydra, so...)

Oh, and one more tip: replace all your Int gems with Vitality gems. You will need that health.

Robin64

A few quick tips:

Excellent stuff, thanks! I've taken this on board and already I'm noticing an improvement in how I play. The snaring seems godly.

And yeah, I had enough to get a new weapon that had a lower level requirement, was double the dps, so I went for it.

Cheers guys, feels like I can progress now.

DSmalls84

After the last update isnt arcane the best hydra rune? I've been using it to farm inferno and it has been melting mobs. Is there a reason venom is still preferable?

Tom Penny

Don't know tbh, haven't found much similar on ah, one with no Dex and some vit was goin for 18 mill (has less stats too) and one going for 200 mill lol (has better stats) The ammy is not worth 200 mill obviously lol but It's hard for me to determine its worth.

Life on hit isn't worth that much to me. I have a higher dex, crit chance , armour one minus the Life on Hit. Would have been nice to have that little life on hit though.

Alright, have built up a 10m gold stash for the first time ever.

What to upgrade?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ProgTone-6159/hero/2510618

Go dual wielding or 2hander. I love my 2handed Diabo, it changed the game for me. 970dps, 503dex 176 vit and 126% crit with with 60 in socket.

Change your build up Switch transcendence for resolve and change Concussion for Keen Eye if you are progressing or Any of the fists of thunder for higher APS.

Unless you have a better spirit spender than SSS like Lashing Kick or Tempest switch breath of heaven to wrath of heaven rune for an almost permanent 15% dmg boost. Mantra of Conviction Overawe and Mantra of Mantra of Evasion backlash.

Belgorim

Finaly got my first 1.04 legendary halfway through paragon lvl 6 with 250% base magic find. Unfortunately it was those crappy gladiators gloves, netted me 99k on the GAH :p

Danj

Okay, I guess I must have been imagining things, either that or I just needed time to get used to the new build, but anyway I finally blew past SK on Inferno Act 1 today. So are there some good farming spots around somewhere? I've just done the Khazra Den bit.

Oh and here's my profile if anyone has any suggestions. I still don't have grillions of gold though.

are you on US servers hit me up if you need any progress help or see if i have any hand me down equip from my wizard.
WatsonsJohnW#1637

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

As with all wizards I recommend:

Use energy armor skill... Adds 65% more armor

You will end up needing it big time on inferno anyways so get in the habit of using it (prismatic rune, when it's unlocked)

Use diamond skin to get out of jams

Use slow time with time warp (so you can hurt enemies a LOT more and help with crowd control)

Keep using hydra... Very useful

I'd probably swap arcane orb, frost nova and familiar with those 3, but if DPS is an issue, keep arcane orb and swap teleport for diamond skin or just use what you prefer.

For gear... When the time is right you'll need all resist stuff, Which will play very nicely with energy armor + prismatic when transitioning into inferno

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lololol click on the AH, see stone of Jordan just staring at me for 4 million

Easy money

Though i did contemplate using it, 30% extra damage against elites is pretty nutty

One more try.
I would start off with your cloak, quiver and boots. Being a glass cannon is fine, but you need to have that damage mitigation as you have next to nothing for resists.

My honest opinion is you should be getting at least a couple items with all resist along with your primary stats of dex and vit. If the item has other stuff like +physical resist or + crit chance/damage, all the better.

As to your cloak and quiver, start with the cloak and find one with +10 disc. It shouldn't cost that much from the AH. Even with just the cloak it will literally save you from death so easily just due to being able to pop smoke screen more often. Same goes for the quiver...if you can get in the 45 - 50 range, you'll be doing far better.

I like your passives, but one of the most common things for DHs on their boots is movement speed. There are a ton of cheap options you should be able to find with +12(plus that all resist I mentioned).

I'd consider maybe replacing your spike trap with Shadow Power with the Gloom rune. It makes fighting the reflect bosses far easier though it can still be done with SS.

If you've got money left over, replace your shoulders. They aren't doing much for you. Again, dex, vit, all resist. Trust me, it's far more fun not being one shot by anything that looks at you!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I am in Act 1 inferno. Right now I am slicing through things, but I go down in two hits if I am not extremely careful. I don't have a lot of gold as I haven't gotten a lot of good items to sell at the auction house yet...

Any advice on Runes or what type of equipment I should focus on?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarethen-1662/hero/3247269
My advice would be similar to what I posted above for the other Demon Hunter. Can't remember but I think you can search for quivers with attack speed. Search for ones with 15%, 75 vit, 75 dex as an example, +8 disc, crit chance. Then sort by buyout price or enter a max value and drop some of those search criteria. The discipline will immediately make you far more durable as you'll be able to use those skills more often.

I'd drop fire at will which is another hatred spender an instead use smoke screen. Invisibility plus invulnerability...that'll help you considerably.

In general, when looking for upgrades on the AH, I'll enter the stats of the item I already have and then usually add an extra stat as well then search by cost. So for instance with your pants I'd search for: Dex,vit 85, increased pickup, 2 socket...and then add in all resist and sort by price.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I'm thinking of trying to get a weapon upgrade soon to bring my dps up more. It's kind of expensive to get something with more damage but the same amount of LOH that I have.

Ranged wizards shouldn't really need loh. I can't see how you get much out of it with that build, anyway.

Wilsongt

My advice would be similar to what I posted above for the other Demon Hunter. Can't remember but I think you can search for quivers with attack speed. Search for ones with 15%, 75 vit, 75 dex as an example, +8 disc, crit chance. Then sort by buyout price or enter a max value and drop some of those search criteria. The discipline will immediately make you far more durable as you'll be able to use those skills more often.

I'd drop fire at will which is another hatred spender an instead use smoke screen. Invisibility plus invulnerability...that'll help you considerably.

In general, when looking for upgrades on the AH, I'll enter the stats of the item I already have and then usually add an extra stat as well then search by cost. So for instance with your pants I'd search for: Dex,vit 85, increased pickup, 2 socket...and then add in all resist and sort by price.

Okay. I hate to lose the rain of arrows or whatnot because it's such a great crowd control skill... But, Vault, Prep, and Shadow power are good and I don't want to give them up...

DSmalls84

Ranged wizards shouldn't really need loh. I can't see how you get much out of it with that build, anyway.

Yeah I didn't really think of it but the majority of the time I am kiting using Hydra and Blizzard which probably gives me minimal LOH. I guess I could just try to upgrade to a weapon with Crit and Int.

Also is there any passive that would be better than Cold Blooded or Galvanizing Ward for my build? I haven't really seen any others that seem useful.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I didn't really think of it but the majority of the time I am kiting using Hydra and Blizzard which probably gives me minimal LOH. I guess I could just try to upgrade to a weapon with Crit and Int.

Also is there any passive that would be better than Cold Blooded or Galvanizing Ward for my build? I haven't really seen any others that seem useful.

Not really if you want to keep magic missile/blizzard. If it were me though, I'd switch blizzard for arcane orb, cold blooded for temporal flux or blur, and maybe invest in a APoC item or two. Magic missile with blizzard just doesn't seem like it would be super effective since most of the time the bulk of your damage output is limited to single targets.

But that's almost the exact same build I used for a long time before I could just archon derp everything, so maybe I'm just bias.

DSmalls84

Not really if you want to keep magic missile/blizzard. If it were me though, I'd switch blizzard for arcane orb, cold blooded for temporal flux, and maybe invest in a APoC item or two. Magic missile with blizzard just doesn't seem like it would be super effective since most of the time the bulk of your damage output is limited to single targets.

But that's almost the exact same build I used for a long time before I could just archon derp everything, so maybe I'm just bias.

Usually I drop Blizzard a few times and then an Arcane Hydra for AOE and use my Seekers for single target Damage. I might try an all arcane variation with Temporal flux though, that would probably be enough to offset the loss of Blizzard's snare.

Okay. I hate to lose the rain of arrows or whatnot because it's such a great crowd control skill... But, Vault, Prep, and Shadow power are good and I don't want to give them up...
Well I was just picking that one as you had nether tentacles on you right mouse. I prefer using ball lighting because it's got a far wider range than nether tentacles. You already have trial of cinders on Vault so if you get some extra discipline, what I find works well is I pop Gloom, vault one way and then vault back. Things drop really quick with that and you will be relatively safe as you'd have your gloom up while doing so.

Well I was just picking that one as you had nether tentacles on you right mouse. I prefer using ball lighting because it's got a far wider range than nether tentacles. You already have trial of cinders on Vault so if you get some extra discipline, what I find works well is I pop Gloom, vault one way and then vault back. Things drop really quick with that and you will be relatively safe as you'd have your gloom up while doing so.

That will use insane amount of discipline - it's better to vault and then only pop gloom if you were hit.

Wilsongt

So I need to look for +disc items, also, then... Because I can vault a few times, but between Shadow Power + Vaulting, I tend to use all of my disc... But most things will die soon unless it's a waller or reflect damage. Thankfully, I've learned that you can drain life of reflect damage mobs if you hit it Shadow Power and use Trail of Cinders.

bracers2.jpg

Oh hello. Think I could get around 30-40m for these?

MrDaravon

Is there any worth or market for crafted Daggers? I found the plans that allow me to craft 6 property daggers, not sure if I should keep it or not. Looks like the plans themselves only sell for 300-500k so I'm guessing not?

tjohn86

Anyone else feel like more legendaries drop when you don't have any valor stacks?

I found 3 legendaries this weekend and all of them dropped when I didn't have a buff.

Zeppelin

Anyone else feel like more legendaries drop when you don't have any valor stacks?

I found 3 legendaries this weekend and all of them dropped when I didn't have a buff.

Nope. Feels like I'm pretty much guaranteed to get a legendary when I run Act 1 in full MF gear though. On the other hand, I found my one and only set item without the buff.

hitsugi

I almost spit my coffe. Is gold really this worthless on US AH ?

I paid 5 milions yesterday for 120 DEX, 74 res all, 6% crit chance bracers

US AH has been screwed since week 3 and is steadily getting worse. Just about anything with decent stats is at LEAST 10 mil. 40-100 mil is common if you want something good.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Baller! Another legendary, Occulus ring, pretty solid upgrade, but I am considering selling it cause the fucking prices on the AH are through the roof for something similar to what I have. I could probably sell and get that set helm I wanted...hmmm

qQDOU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom