• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

US AH has been screwed since week 3 and is steadily getting worse. Just about anything with decent stats is at LEAST 10 mil. 40-100 mil is common if you want something good.
This right here. Prices for mid level gear is will through the roof and a lot of crazy people buying stuff for high prices keeps things high. Anything worth below 1 million has to be priced through the floor to move.

I feel embarrassed taking about the garbage legendaries I have sold for a few million. Who the hell buys a legendary weapon with 400 dps for 17 bucks?

turnbuckle

Does anyone know of a more efficient/easy way of grinding EXP than farming Leoric's manor? I'm getting about a million every 6-8 minutes and it's really painless and simple, but if there's a better way I'd like to know. Act III inferno wasn't netting me as much even with nephalem stacks, but that could be because I'm not geared or skilled enough to make it work.

Anyone have tips/strategies on WW barbs?

My barbarian, Zangief

At the time of posting the info is a little out of date. To improve my survival I switched some rings out and am now sitting around 23k DPS, 600-700 resists, 45kish health.

I didn't do all of act II yet, but I made it about 1/3 of the way through it last night without dying before my ISP crapped out for the first time in forever.

Part of me wants to just farm for EXP this week, try to get to level 14-16 paragon before the weekend.

Also, how are you guys linking pics of the items you have? I bought this Ax Hallowed Storm that has 950 dps, -10 lvl requirement, 200+ STR, and can't remember what else off the top of my head. Got it for what I thought was a good price (5m gold) but I ended up wanting a weapon that had lifesteal on it so I'm selling it. Hope I can at least get close to 5m back lol

turnbuckle

This right here. Prices for mid level gear is will through the roof and a lot of crazy people buying stuff for high prices keeps things high. Anything worth below 1 million has to be priced through the floor to move.

I feel embarrassed taking about the garbage legendaries I have sold for a few million. Who the hell buys a legendary weapon with 400 dps for 17 bucks?

I make sure I always have 10 RMAH auctions going, even if it's something I don't think anyone would ever buy. I've made probably $20 on stuff that I would've just sold to a vendor otherwise.

Prices are insanely high. I'm tempted to buy a gem for $35 to increase my leveling and then sell it back a few weeks later, but I'm nervous that some new gems will get introduced or announced and the price will plummet. So I stick with the gems that cost only a couple million gold.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So I need to look for +disc items, also, then... Because I can vault a few times, but between Shadow Power + Vaulting, I tend to use all of my disc... But most things will die soon unless it's a waller or reflect damage. Thankfully, I've learned that you can drain life of reflect damage mobs if you hit it Shadow Power and use Trail of Cinders.

Are you using night stalker or the disc regen multishot?

If you have low maximum disc, the version of preparation that gives you more disc regen over 12(?) seconds is more useful for boss fights.

Ketch

Finally jumped back in and played a bit last night. WD has gotten some pretty nice buffs... I was set up for mana regen before, but now if they buff to regen and the reduced cost on some of my spells I feel like I should move things around for some more damaging skills... I just have no idea what to take, I haven't played in so long and everything is different now.

Also, it's nice to be gaining xp again. Are people still running into "walls" of difficulty in inferno? When I stopped playing I had just beaten Maghda and had gotten to the point where I was going to need to spend 10s of mil on upgrades if I wanted to continue.

Does anyone know of a more efficient/easy way of grinding EXP than farming Leoric's manor? I'm getting about a million every 6-8 minutes and it's really painless and simple, but if there's a better way I'd like to know. Act III inferno wasn't netting me as much even with nephalem stacks, but that could be because I'm not geared or skilled enough to make it work.

Anyone have tips/strategies on WW barbs?

My barbarian, Zangief

At the time of posting the info is a little out of date. To improve my survival I switched some rings out and am now sitting around 23k DPS, 600-700 resists, 45kish health.

I didn't do all of act II yet, but I made it about 1/3 of the way through it last night without dying before my ISP crapped out for the first time in forever.

Part of me wants to just farm for EXP this week, try to get to level 14-16 paragon before the weekend.

Also, how are you guys linking pics of the items you have? I bought this Ax Hallowed Storm that has 950 dps, -10 lvl requirement, 200+ STR, and can't remember what else off the top of my head. Got it for what I thought was a good price (5m gold) but I ended up wanting a weapon that had lifesteal on it so I'm selling it. Hope I can at least get close to 5m back lol

I watched a D3 vid explaining how to plvl quickly ...the one tip I do remember is getting a helm with a slot and putting a ruby in it

hyduK

Banned
What farming route have Wizards been using lately?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hyduk-1931/hero/5095361

Anything that would work with that gear, I don't really have any APOC or the money to switch to that.

I find A3 is fine for the most part but there's a couple areas that are pretty tight and don't allow for much movement which can cause problems when kiting...even still I don't really have a route that's anywhere near optimized.

I decided to try the "Trail of Cinders" Build (CinderFella for male DH and Cinderella for female DH).

Who ever said its like a Hot knife through butter was spot on. I just wish I didn't run out of Hatred so fast.

larvi

I decided to try the "Trail of Cinders" Build (CinderFella for male DH and Cinderella for female DH).

Who ever said its like a Hot knife through butter was spot on. I just wish I didn't run out of Hatred so fast.

For mine I use the passive that gives you both hatred and disc from health globes and that seems to help quite a bit. The nice thing about vaulting is that you can pass through a bunch of enemies to go pick up that stack of globes on the other side.

For mine I use the passive that gives you both hatred and disc from health globes and that seems to help quite a bit. The nice thing about vaulting is that you can pass through a bunch of enemies to go pick up that stack of globes on the other side.

do you have a link to your build, I've been trying different combo's to see what works.

I've seen a few ToC builds using bat for disc

Paragon
Get a helm and socket the best ruby you can afford for quicker leveling.

Route:
I load up the Kill Azmodan quest which gets you every WP.

1)WP to Rakkis Crossing
- Move forward and check for Underbridge. This dungeon area has a guaranteed champ pack and I often find a goblin in here
-TP to town once done
2)WP to Rakkis Crossing again
- Make your way back along the bridge. Check the bridge store. If you see someone crawling out, there is a champ inside, otherwise it's a vendor.
- Check for a random event along the bridge by a staircase that will spawn another champ pack as you complete the mini-quest.
- TP to town once you reach end of bridge
3)WP to Keep 1
-Clear area
- TP to town once done
4)WP to Keep 1 again
- Take stairs by WP down to Keep 2
- Clear area
- TP to town once done
5)WP to Keep 3
- Clear area
- TP to town
6)WP to Arreat Crater Level 1
- Clear down towards each level
- If you get to a dead end, TP to town, then take WP to the Tower level that comes directly after each Crater. Then go back up the stairs and work your way backwards through Crater areas you haven't done
7)Kill Azmodan

I know some people don't care for the Keeps area perhaps so you can cut that out if it's not working well as there are plenty of elites from Arreat Crater onwards.

One thing I do now that saves time is I'll try to choose the wrong path when going through the craters. Once I hit the dead end, I TP to town and take either of the first level 1 Tower WPs. Head up the stairs and you can then connect the two ends of the crater clearing in reverse. Saves tons of time rather than trying to backtrack.

equil

My Paragon levels have been coming just as part of my normal farming in Act 3. In terms of raw XP, it's the place to go.

Socketing the best ruby you can afford will net you more experience.

Act 2 paths are pretty well known, but I think I'll make a list of my Act 3 paths here that I can quote back later for reference. I'll probably add to this based on others suggestions too.

One note here, part of the reason I go for Azmodan right after my 5 NV is that I usually get in a run before work and I can sometimes have other stuff come up so I focus on getting the 5 stacks and then going back to complete the other areas as time permits

1)WP to Rakkis Crossing
- Move forward and check for Underbridge. This area has a guaranteed champ pack and I seem to often find a goblin in here
-TP to town once done
- Make your way back along the bridge. Check the bridge store as it sometimes has a champ pack inside
- Check for a random event on the bridge by a staircase that will spawn another champ pack
3)WP to Keep 1
-Clear area
- TP to town once done
4)WP to Keep 1 again
- Take stairs down to Keep 2
- Clear area
- TP to town once done
5)WP to Keep 3
- Clear area
- TP to town
7)Kill Azmodan

I know some people don't care for the Keeps area perhaps so you can cut that out if it's not working well as there are plenty of elites from Arreat Crater onwards.

One thing I do now that saves time is I'll try to choose the wrong path when going through the craters. Once I hit the dead end, I TP to town and take either of the first level 1 Tower WPs. Head up the stairs and you can then connect the two ends of the crater clearing in reverse. Saves tons of time rather than trying to backtrack.

When I'm doing my morning runs I usually get my 5 stacks by the time I'm done Rakkis and Keep Level 1. I'll then just go the last WP which will also have at least one more champ pack and then off Azmodan. In that way, I can just fill up the rest of my time clearing all the other areas above.

You should load up kill the siege breaker quest instead of the azmodan quest, you'll have every waypoint besides the arreat crater waypoint. And dont forget Stonefort because theres usually atleast 3 elites theres.

Hm, I might try that Act 3 route. My stats are enough to do Act 3, I think.. but I prefer doing act 2 just because there is zero risk of dying.

On that note: Is there any way to skip the 'save citizens' before Belial? Normally I tab out and wait the three minutes... like right now.

zou

Holy fucking shit, do the boss' fights in Act 3 and Act 4 suck. Been leveling my Barb a bit lately, and I had completely forgotten how completely ridiculous the fights in Act 4 and 3 are. Can't even imagine how much it would suck having to playtest through that POS.

Act 3 is basically that stupid spider spamming me with crappy dialog and Azmodan giving me new quests.

"Hi watcha doin?"
"Hi watcha doin?"
"Hi watcha doin?"
"Hi watcha doin?"
"Hi you want gold or treasures?"
"Hi watcha doin?"
"Why you kill me?"

And the Diablo fight is one fucking giant cut scene with some random interactive elements thrown in. Half the time I'm hitting esc, enter and watching the damn camera zoom in and out.

Fuck this game and fuck Wilson and his hard-on for "epic" WoW boss battles. Inferno is a lame, tedious grind for gold. And leveling is a linear cut scene wank fest.

You should load up kill the siege breaker quest instead of the azmodan quest, you'll have every waypoint besides the arreat crater waypoint. And dont forget Stonefort because theres usually atleast 3 elites theres.
I have tried with the Siegebreaker but I actually don't care for it as much. With that, I don't have access to all the waypoints so I have no choice but to go through all the levels to get to Azmodan. As well, not having the next WP means I can't go down the "wrong" paths in the Craters as I wouldn't have the next WP to easily backtrack from the end of the crater.

I will try out Stonefort though!

Zeppelin

do you have a link to your build, I've been trying different combo's to see what works.

I've seen a few ToC builds using bat for disc

I use the bat.

Actives:
Hungering Arrow
Devouring Arrow

Multishot
Suppression Fire

Companion
Bat Companion

Vault
Trail of Cinders

Preparation
Backup Plan

Shadow Power
Gloom

Passives:
Steady Aim
Tactical Advantage
Archery

I usually do it like this: pop the bat upon spawn. When encountering a mob, pop shadow power and then vault 4 times (I've got 49 discipline), pop backup plan and repeat shadow power and vault 4 times again. If the cooldown on backup plan isn't triggered do it again. Otherwise just use multishot to regen discipline and kite the enemies while leaving a trail for them to walk in.

Hm, I might try that Act 3 route. My stats are enough to do Act 3, I think.. but I prefer doing act 2 just because there is zero risk of dying.

On that note: Is there any way to skip the 'save citizens' before Belial? Normally I tab out and wait the three minutes... like right now.
Start on the very last quest item before killing Belial...forget what it's called. It'll start you right after that save citizens section and then you can just use WPs to build up your stack before taking him out.

I would like some advice from other Demon Hunters regarding itemization.

Here is my character's profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jayhawk-1209/hero/20955178

Anyways, I have about 40M to spend on upgrades and I'm having a hard time finding upgrades (more DEX without giving up VIT or AR) for good value. Please provide advice on what pieces I should focus on getting for upgrades.

Thanks in advance.
Well a couple things to focus on. Keep in mind I have *no* clue what the costs are for the new version of the Nat's set.

- Try and find a socketed helm, probably best if it was the Nat's version. Even if it's not a perfect roll, it's going to add 130 dex because you'd then have 3 items. The socket is for the largest ruby you can afford so you'll get those paragon levels faster.

- Same goes for your cloak. Not sure on the stats on the new Nat's but if you had all 4 pieces you'd still get the +20 disc which would come in handy I'm sure.

turnbuckle

My Paragon levels have been coming just as part of my normal farming in Act 3. In terms of raw XP, it's the place to go.

Socketing the best ruby you can afford will net you more experience.

Act 2 paths are pretty well known, but I think I'll make a list of my Act 3 paths here that I can quote back later for reference. I'll probably add to this based on others suggestions too.

One note here, part of the reason I go for Azmodan right after my 5 NV is that I usually get in a run before work and I can sometimes have other stuff come up so I focus on getting the 5 stacks and then going back to complete the other areas as time permits

1)WP to Rakkis Crossing
- Move forward and check for Underbridge. This area has a guaranteed champ pack and I seem to often find a goblin in here
-TP to town once done
- Make your way back along the bridge. Check the bridge store as it sometimes has a champ pack inside
- Check for a random event on the bridge by a staircase that will spawn another champ pack
3)WP to Keep 1
-Clear area
- TP to town once done
4)WP to Keep 1 again
- Take stairs down to Keep 2
- Clear area
- TP to town once done
5)WP to Keep 3
- Clear area
- TP to town
7)Kill Azmodan

When I'm doing my morning runs I usually get my 5 stacks by the time I'm done Rakkis and Keep Level 1. I'll then just go the last WP which will also have at least one more champ pack and then off Azmodan. In that way, I can just fill up the rest of my time clearing all the other areas above.

I'd like to try this route but my barb and I are having a hard time making inroads through act III.

My barbarian, Zangief

Any suggestions on how to make progress a little more manageable? I have about 5 million gold and $20 in blizz bucks for upgrades. Wish I could link my whole inventory so I could show other gear I have.

Dahbomb

So for a few days I have been trying out Wave of Light and 7 sided strike. I like 7ss more because of the invulnerability. WoL is really useful if you have a lot of Spirit energy and Regen but if you don't 7SS is better. Both pretty much require MoC and Blinding Faith with Deadly Reach Foresight so you get max benefit from them both.

They need to redo the runes for WoL, the last one was completely neglected as it does worse damage than the first one despite being dot. I also think both WoL need further buffs. WoL needs to be 50 instead of 75 spirit and 7ss needs to have 10s less cooldown. Of course this is still after they buff the other useless Monk spells and passives.

From my observation - if the nearly dead guy crawls out of bridge store there's an elite shaman inside if doors stay open it will be shop inside.

Definity

Really happy with my DH at the moment. Just need to figure out a way to get more crit chance but I'm about broke after spending most of the gold I saved up for the manticore. Really, really want the new Nat boots but just don't have the gold.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Definity-1145/hero/1540293

If I could move some of my stuff on the AH I would be back up to 20mil or so but damn even undercutting by 65% and items are still NOT selling.

tjohn86

I'd like to try this route but my barb and I are having a hard time making inroads through act III.

My barbarian, Zangief

Any suggestions on how to make progress a little more manageable? I have about 5 million gold and $20 in blizz bucks for upgrades. Wish I could link my whole inventory so I could show other gear I have.

Grab a 900 dps 800+ LOH one hander. Maybe grab two of them and dual wield.

You should be able to afford it for about 5 mil. The key in Act 3 is to kill stuff before it can wear you down. Resists are nice but enemies will still kill you if you let them hit you enough.

I would also grab Rend with Blood Lust. The 9% heal in a big group is a life saver.

My barb for reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tjohn86-1840/hero/1818746

turnbuckle

Grab a 900 dps 800+ LOH one hander. Maybe grab two of them and dual wield.

You should be able to afford it for about 5 mil. The key in Act 3 is to kill stuff before it can wear you down. Resists are nice but enemies will still kill you if you let them hit you enough.

I would also grab Rend with Blood Lust. The 9% heal in a big group is a life saver.

My barb for reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tjohn86-1840/hero/1818746

Is life on hit preferable to life steal? Man, the price difference is astounding :( Thanks for the tips, will see what I can do when I'm able to get on the game tonight.

Shadow780

Is life on hit preferable to life steal? Man, the price difference is astounding :( Thanks for the tips, will see what I can do when I'm able to get on the game tonight.

On your current dps yeah life steal isn't as effective as LoH, it's nice to have as a secondary but don't go out on your way to make it necessary. But as you progress further and improve the dps life steal may comes in handy as well.

Right now just focus on LoH.

Prezhulio

Wow, Triumvirate is amazing! +13k dps for 7M gold o_O

ugh, i had the legacy one before 1.04 and it looked cool/was a good upgrade for my nightmare wiz, but the new ones are insane.

is there an easy way to monitor the race to paragon 100? or has someone already hit it?

Really happy with my DH at the moment. Just need to figure out a way to get more crit chance but I'm about broke after spending most of the gold I saved up for the manticore. Really, really want the new Nat boots but just don't have the gold.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D...5/hero/1540293

If I could move some of my stuff on the AH I would be back up to 20mil or so but damn even undercutting by 65% and items are still NOT selling.
both your rings amulet and bracer kind of suck for a DH. You could easily make up lots of crit chance ground by upping those.

I would like some advice from other Demon Hunters regarding itemization.

Here is my character's profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jayhawk-1209/hero/20955178

Anyways, I have about 40M to spend on upgrades and I'm having a hard time finding upgrades (more DEX without giving up VIT or AR) for good value. Please provide advice on what pieces I should focus on getting for upgrades.

Thanks in advance.

Do you even need to upgrade anymore ?
I'd get 90% crit dmg gem and call it a day.

syllogism

Triumvirate is only amazing if your weapon deals pure phys dmg, as otherwise it will only apply the +5-6% elemental damage bonuses to weapon base damage and possibly to the one matching +elemental type. It's really stupid and shouldn't work the way it does, as it clearly isn't intended to be better than the ilvl 63 sources.

Just found this in ACT III Hell. lol

screenshot073k.jpg

Definity

both your rings amulet and bracer kind of suck for a DH. You could easily make up lots of crit chance ground by upping those.

Yep. That's what I'm thinking as well. I can probably live without the resists now that I've increased my dps and after 1.04 patch nerfed some of the damage.

I think this is my first decent legendary weapon...

9fc237feb3db61662a5666fea2fbcd0ce327bc8a.png

...it has a neat light effect on the it, with little red bits moving towards the mace head. (I'm not sure if that's a common effect)

6927d65f8b88529c7fc6afa69417d3ba0df75e86.jpg

Jayhawk

Thanks for the tips on what to get for DH upgrades. I think I'll upgrade the gem on my crossbow and try to find decent deals on a (socketed by default) Natalya's Sight with CC and a Natalya's Embrace with AR or Vit.

Alucrid

Banned
Wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I tried to log into my account but every time I enter the authenticator code it gives me "authenticator value invalid." Does this have anything to do with that hack that happened a few days ago?

Yep. That's what I'm thinking as well. I can probably live without the resists now that I've increased my dps and after 1.04 patch nerfed some of the damage.
glass cannon is very viable nowadays, it was pre-patch as well. I may die in 1 or 2 hits depending on the enemy, but my DPS/crit chance/crit damage is so high I pretty much mow down every elite easily when I play solo.

Give it a goooo. Then once you have your cc/cd where you want it, then work on adding AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom