• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
KvjCA.png

So is this a ring that might be worth something? There's only like 3 that I can find on AH but they are worth 100+ mil which just seems way overpriced.

Sold a ring that only had ias/cd/cc on it today for 10 mil. So yeah that's worth a lot.

Sharpshooter. From what I've read, replace hot Pursuit with tactical advantage, though, as SS is best at the first critical chance.

You could probably stand to get a bow with some Dex on it, and potentially a socket. That way you can put a +Critical% gem into it. It also wouldn't hurt to find some armor with sockets so you can put emeralds into it.

Sharpshooter is smoke and mirrors since it's guaranteed crit dps. I think I get like 70k if I have it on

Weapon needs an upgrade for sure, but I enjoy dat LoH too much. Wish it had a socket...

Upgrading would be a whole lot easier if people bought my shit :(

Jayhawk

So is this a ring that might be worth something? There's only like 3 that I can find on AH but they are worth 100+ mil which just seems way overpriced.

I've been trying to find a good deal on the DEX version of that type of ring, and I think you can get 100M for that ring.

So this has been happening since 1.04, but I can't really launch the game through Steam anymore. It'll launch, but something is fucked up with the launcher and it's like it switches to being another program after initially starting up, as Steam will have me in the game for a second (portrait green), and then it'll drop out to being blue (not in-game) after the launcher fully boots. Really frustrating, since the Steam overlay is convenient when D3 runs pretty crappy in borderless window mode.

Any solutions? I couldn't find anything on the Blizz forums except a few stray posts that weren't replied to.

Jayhawk

Sharpshooter is smoke and mirrors since it's guaranteed crit dps. I think I get like 70k if I have it on

Weapon needs an upgrade for sure, but I enjoy dat LoH too much. Wish it had a socket...

Upgrading would be a whole lot easier if people bought my shit :(

The cheapest upgrade to boost your damage is to find a 3-socket cloak with max discipline +10 and whatever defensive stats fits your budget. Put emeralds into those sockets.

Then try to get some crit. chance on your helm, bracers, and amulet; get some crit. damage on your gloves. But before investing in these pieces, I suggest getting a weapon with critical hit damage and/or a socket.

Radec

Man, I haven't sold an item in 2 days now. And I'm pretty much undercutting most of them. :(

Now I'm back to single digit million. :/

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Price check from an EU/UK pointy hat wearer please!

6f8404d8d41831f980083f6c491d773b13b0ebed.png

Shame about the lower damage variable.

Bought one with similar stats (damage and all) for 12 million, so around that. The seemingly low damage isn't that low when you consider than the min damage is fairly high (mine was higher, but same max dmg). I was willing to sacrifice the damage bonus if I got high enough int and good rolls on tp cooldown, AP on crit and crit%. Still got a 2k DPS upgrade, so I'm pretty happy.

Zyzyxxz

So I got this thing:

What kind of build can I construct around this badboy?

Right now I'm WW-ing.

WW = wicked wind? If so they nerfed the crit chance on wicked wind, I've switched to stormchase and archon/arcane destruction build. It's pretty awesome creating a 1600% dmg nova.

Yep i made more money selling gems and essence on EU AH since patch.

And before 1.0.4 i was getting a milion or two per week just flipping low level items :(

It's most definitely flooded. First few days after the patch it was good, but now most items have lost a lot of value.

Waiting on Wilson and Co. to implement an economy wipe via ladder/season.

Xanathus

Seems like the only things being bid on are top-tier multi-million items, middle-tier market is completely dead. Makes sense since the only people playing now are hardcore or semi-hardcore players who are probably already geared for Inferno act 3 farming.

Seems like the only things being bid on are top-tier multi-million items, middle-tier market is completely dead. Makes sense since the only people playing now are hardcore or semi-hardcore players who are probably already geared for Inferno act 3 farming.

Yep and paragon levels ensure noone wastes time on secondary chars at the moment.

sleepykyo

It's most definitely flooded. First few days after the patch it was good, but now most items have lost a lot of value.

Waiting on Wilson and Co. to implement an economy wipe via ladder/season.

I'd blame the flood on the price of essences and tomes plummeting. All those blues off of trash mobs.

The segregation of items into multi-millions and garbage, seems more like a player base thing. As other poster noted, it is conceivable that new blood came for 1.04 and bought stuff. Now they either quit or are grizzled and only interested in the best.

The new legendaries seem to be selling fairly well.

Belgorim

I dont seem to have that much trouble with the EU gah, selling things daily. Only sold one thing on the rmah last week, and that was a Helm of command for 20€.

My problem is that I can't sell somewhat shitty items anymore at all. Good stuff still sells for the same as before, but the 100k-300k items don't sell at all anymoe.

Bought one with similar stats (damage and all) for 12 million, so around that. The seemingly low damage isn't that low when you consider than the min damage is fairly high (mine was higher, but same max dmg). I was willing to sacrifice the damage bonus if I got high enough int and good rolls on tp cooldown, AP on crit and crit%. Still got a 2k DPS upgrade, so I'm pretty happy.

Coolio. Thanks for the info! :)

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Coolio. Thanks for the info! :)

You're welcome. Forgot to mention that mine also had +9% life. Still, you will definitely get 8+ million out of it.

Speaking of, I don't really get the complaints about the EU AH. I've been selling tons of stuff, including an 8 million source (my highest sale ever) and was able to do pretty significant upgrades on my gear in an extremely short time.

I mean, I've now got a good Wizardspike, a good Oculus source, a +632 LOH amulet... Overall, I've almost doubled my HP, upped my all res a fair bit and gained around 5k DPS (up from 16k). True, I've had to sacrifice crit damage in the process, but I can now steamroll Act 2 and will soon be able to farm Act 3, and all that happened post-1.0.4 thanks to loot I was able to sell.

Crappy loot won't sell, or at will crappy prices (sub-100k), but then what do you expect? People are getting item-savvy is all, and loot is more frequent and better. No more selling 800 dps 2-handers, no matter how good the stats, and that's how it should be.

Crappy loot won't sell, or at will crappy prices (sub-100k), but then what do you expect? People are getting item-savvy is all, and loot is more frequent and better. No more selling 800 dps 2-handers, no matter how good the stats, and that's how it should be.

I use a 900 dps 2-hander and it's beastly.

I'm sure it is, but people are beginning to expect 900 dps out of a 1-hander, especially now that 2-hander dps has been significantly increased.

People over value raw DPS and end up gimping themselves in the process.

5bvt9.jpg

You can get yourself one of these stat-heavy beasts and you can really focus on your armor having the fun things like All Res/Crt/CrtDMG/Atk % cheap. The value of the items only skyrockets when you also try to apply having STR or Vit on those items. Get better stat buffs cheap because you don't need to fixate on having main stats on items... which is what makes pieces cost more.

(That's my tip of the day for people who want a budget character that can compete with the most expensive builds)

Definity

Here I was complaining for the past few days that I wasn't selling anything in the AH. Not sure what happened but I sold 3 items last night that was around 5mil total. So folks are still buying....now I might have enough to buy me the new Nat boots with the low rolls.

Shadow780

WW = wicked wind? If so they nerfed the crit chance on wicked wind, I've switched to stormchase and archon/arcane destruction build. It's pretty awesome creating a 1600% dmg nova.

WW barb.

Bash (Punish) or Cleave, Rend (the rune that gives you health back) or Seismic Slam. Play around...either will work well.

I played around a little bit, it seems a little difficult to keep my health up even with Rend and Revenge since it has no LoH, if Revenge doesn't come out then I'm boned pretty quickly.

Lots of DEX means that you can make a pretty beastly monk.

Seven sided strike, Sweeping wind, and Exploding Palm. Good skills for high damage 2 handers.

Yeah I think I'll save it for my Monk, who's not 60 yet.

ElyrionX

I just logged in and all the money in my RMAH account balance has disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else? Americas server.

I just re-listed everything I have in the AH for half what I was trying to sell it for originally... and that was already half what others were selling similar things for.

WTF is going on. :(

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
People over value raw DPS and end up gimping themselves in the process.

They definitely do, you don't have to tell me :p. I went from the old 600 dps Wizardspike to one with 940 dps and in the end only gained a measly 340 dps, all because the new one had no int or crit dmg bonus.

Celegus

I finally found my first set item last night! Zunimassa's String of Skulls, pretty decent roll. Are spiders usable now in 1.04 or are WDs still all about darts? Wish I could find some barb gear for once, but hey - not complaining!

And then two minutes later I found a pair of Fire Walkers! Does anyone know how the fire damage is calculated, like if it's based on your DPS or just a set number?

Definitely my best run ever.

Definity

I just re-listed everything I have in the AH for half what I was trying to sell it for originally... and that was already half what others were selling similar things for.

WTF is going on. :(

Keep trying. I had to do the same and finally a few things sold last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom