• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

Thanks to GAF, particularly V_Arnold, I was able to get out of my "Ugh, I'll never get past level 52 and Act 1 of Hell" rut and blitz the entirity of Hell, hitting 60. Hoorah!

I suppose now the game is just beginning, eh? I heartily look forward to diving into Inferno and getting my arse kicked by a zombie. :D

V_Arnold

You are welcome! :D Yep, Inferno is going to be hard. I spent weeks on Act1 before moving on to act2, but I did not exploit anything and also spend my money horribly in any online game, so was not able to gear up fast enough.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I just re-listed everything I have in the AH for half what I was trying to sell it for originally... and that was already half what others were selling similar things for.

WTF is going on. :(

Market is going to crash soon. Mid-tier items aren't moving at all as nobody is gearing up alts and a lot of mains going for plevel means I higher rate of mid level items (like ones in the 1-5m range) hitting the market at the same time without any buyers.

They need to find a way to combine lower level items into actual upgrades. To remove all of this glut.
Salvage items in elemental/Attribute essences that can be used to modify other items.

If an item is maybe good enough i just sell it for 15k

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
WW barb.

I played around a little bit, it seems a little difficult to keep my health up even with Rend and Revenge since it has no LoH, if Revenge doesn't come out then I'm boned pretty quickly.

Yeah I think I'll save it for my Monk, who's not 60 yet.

Maybe give it a shot in combination with Ignore Pain (Ignorance is Bliss) and/or Leap (Iron Impact). Rend really returns a significant amount of health and with that weapon mobs should just melt. I use the Rend build with Sprint (Run Like the Wind) to get away quickly but my weapon does have a lot of LoH so I'm not sure how that would work in your case. Elite packs maybe take 20-30 seconds with Rend running on them. White packs just dissolve instantly.

With that Skorn I'd try:
Warcry (Impunity)
Ignore Pain (Ignorance is Bliss)
Rend (Bloodlust)
WotB (Insanity)

Bash (Punish) - makes Rend hit even harder which in turn returns more health
Leap (Iron Impact)

Wilsongt

I can't sell shit on the AH. Even somewhat decent mid-range items aren't selling. I am running out of gold for upgrades... :( At least I finally got a +disc item...

turnbuckle

Market is going to crash soon. Mid-tier items aren't moving at all as nobody is gearing up alts and a lot of mains going for plevel means I higher rate of mid level items (like ones in the 1-5m range) hitting the market at the same time without any buyers.

Yeah, they need to make Paragon a universal thing or nobody is going to want to play an alt ever again. Why would I touch a new class through expansion if he's going to have a built in disadvantage of probably 90-120 mf/gf and 30-40 times the typical stats on a level up?

Now if I could get those stat bonuses carried over to a new character from level 1, I'd definitely make alts. Running low level stuff with that kind of buff and mf/gf would be a ton of fun.

Radec

Is Crafting still viable ?

I notice a huge decrease of plan costs in AH.

Grand gloves now only cost like 3.4m, was like 30m+ a month ago.

Jrmint

I can't sell shit on the AH. Even somewhat decent mid-range items aren't selling. I am running out of gold for upgrades... :( At least I finally got a +disc item...
You can get +10 quivers and cloaks relatively cheap (couple hundred k) if you don't go for the super sought after stats. ie crit chance on quivers and high dex/vit on cloaks. It's worth sacrificing at the beginning, having 50 disc is pretty huge.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Is Crafting still viable ?

I notice a huge decrease of plan costs in AH.

Grand gloves now only cost like 3.4m, was like 30m+ a month ago.

Drops are so much more frequent and it's pretty easy to farm, without any investment other than time.

Crafting an i62 piece of equipment costs (in materials and crafting costs) something like 150k.

Robin64

Doing "okay" in Inferno. A lot of elite killing consists of running away for a long distance while Arcane Hydra shoots them, then teleporting behind them and running back the other way. Repeat until dead. Slow but works.

Skeleton King's a bit of a wall though, eh?

turnbuckle

Got a brimstone salvaging a pair of ilvl 61 blue pants that had a sell price of 182 gold last night :)

Also, pretty disappointed in the rate of experience progression in act 3 and 4. I cleared act 3 with my roomie last night and part way through act 4 and the experience I gained was a lot slower than my exp farming spot (and a lot more dangerous, lol). I'm sure it'd be better if I had better gear, but I still don't know of a more efficient way of getting EXP for my barb than setting my waypoint at leoric's manor, clearing that, town portal, restarting the game. Ha, I must've killed 10,000 dark cultists by now. Still no legendaries, but I got a pair of gloves that have a bid of $5 right now with about a day to go, and got a helmet that sold for around 2 million. Also got a couple of sick amulets that I bet I could sell for several million, but I'm keeping em until something better drops.

God I wish I didn't have to work. I want to play now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Any good, DHs?

i7GmfSbU2SJc1.png

Ended up sell for $5. Good enough.

Dahbomb

From what I have seen as far as exp gain goes you just don't get that much from elites and bosses. You are just better off fast killing those spiders in the Areat tower area.

Wilsongt

You can get +10 quivers and cloaks relatively cheap (couple hundred k) if you don't go for the super sought after stats. ie crit chance on quivers and high dex/vit on cloaks. It's worth sacrificing at the beginning, having 50 disc is pretty huge.

I don't have a couple of hundredK. Lol

neoism

Well I accidentally put this ring up on the NA servers with an 80 million b/o but a low ass bid which is currently at 9 million, so if anyone is interested in possibly getting a good deal it's on the AH with 23 hours left.

you will get more than that lol

you will get more than that lol

Lol, yeah I'm hoping to spread the word and see if I can make up for the stupid ass mistake I made by putting a super low bid on it.. I was drunk when I put it on last night and didn't even realize what had happened till I got out of class today. :(

turnbuckle

wow. The chances of that happening now after the last few patches is extremely rare right?

Yeah, I read someone say it happened before but I was starting to not believe it :p
I wasn't even looking at my screen when I did it, i heard my roommate say "grats". Felt pretty good, man. He was giving me grief for picking up the blues, but blues pay the bills.

bigf00t

So I won a bid on Amulet that has the following stats:

~80 Str
~80 Vit
8% Aspd
~50% Crit Dmg
8% Crit Chance
33% MF

Can't remember all the stats exactly, but is that worth at least the $50 USD I paid for it? Hope I didn't get ripped off too bad, but I haven't seen anything even close that in a long time.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Lol, yeah I'm hoping to spread the word and see if I can make up for the stupid ass mistake I made by putting a super low bid on it.. I was drunk when I put it on last night and didn't even realize what had happened till I got out of class today. :(

Uhm... you can cancel the auction?

DSmalls84

~80 Str
~80 Vit
8% Aspd
~50% Crit Dmg
8% Crit Chance
33% MF

Can't remember all the stats exactly, but is that worth at least the $50 USD I paid for it? Hope I didn't get ripped off too bad, but I haven't seen anything even close that in a long time.

Seems like everything that has a combination of IAS, CC and CD is pretty expensive on the gold market.

turnbuckle

~80 Str
~80 Vit
8% Aspd
~50% Crit Dmg
8% Crit Chance
33% MF

I'm cheap so I wouldn't pay $50 for a ring, but if I had $50 blizz bucks I could do a lot worse than that.

I bought an amulet last night with
27-50 dmg
104 Str
67 Resist All
40 mf

For 4 million gold. Possibly an overpay, but it satisfies a lot of my needs right now and the high magic find should help it pay for itself over time.

Uhm... you can cancel the auction?

Not if there are bids on it. Assume there is if it was a super low bid :p

Not if there are bids on it. Assume there is if it was a super low bid :p

Unfortunately you are correct, the bid was starting at like 1500 LOL.. And plus I didn't even notice that I had the bid so low. I'm usually super careful about making sure to make a high bid. I didn't even notice until about 12 hours went by so all I can do now is just try to post it on a few Diablo forums and hope I can get some value for it.

bigf00t

I'm cheap so I wouldn't pay $50 for a ring, but if I had $50 blizz bucks I could do a lot worse than that.

Yeah, I'm usually pretty cheap too, most I've ever spent in the RMAH up until now is like $10. I'll probably end up trying to flip it, but it just seemed really good, even at that price.

I bought an amulet last night with
27-50 dmg
104 Str
67 Resist All
40 mf

For 4 million gold. Possibly an overpay, but it satisfies a lot of my needs right now and the high magic find should help it pay for itself over time.

That's a pretty awesome deal. I've been trying to find something similar but with crit chance, and those are easily 10s of millions.

Melville

Entering the items stats in the AH one by one is quickly getting boring. There should be an appraise option to compare the items rapidly.

turnbuckle

I would rather have an id all items option before that.

Yeah, I would love this option too. Would also love if on the recommended auctions page you could filter some options. Not sure what the algorithm is that makes it so it's suggested I buy a level 57 pair of pants with intelligence :p

Dahbomb

I just looked up the Inna set for the Monk and man 70 cost reduction on Sweeping Wind if you get the 4 set. The weapon is also pretty good.

Xanathus

I've noticed a reduction in the number of "I found awesome legendary!!11!" posts. Does it feel like Blizz has stealth nerfed the legendary/MF/drop rates since a day or two after 1.04 came out?

Dahbomb

More like people are playing GW2 now and the 1.04 honeymoon period is over.

Also I have gotten 3 Plans since patch 1.04. 1 4 property, 2 5 property and 1 6 property. The 6 property plan for the Pants I got from Act 3.

tjohn86

I've noticed a reduction in the number of "I found awesome legendary!!11!" posts. Does it feel like Blizz has stealth nerfed the legendary/MF/drop rates since a day or two after 1.04 came out?

My drops were great this weekend. Sucked yesterday though.

Svafnir

I assume people are playing less now that the hype has gone down a bit. First day I played a ton and now I am back to my regular 1-2 hours a day.

Kunohara

I assume people are playing less now that the hype has gone down a bit. First day I played a ton and now I am back to my regular 1-2 hours a day.

I've already moved on. Got to plevel 5, got no good drops at all, no legends/sets, even with full swapping MF before each kill. Mainly did Act 2. Noticed the monk hasn't really changed much. Nobody buying any of my shit on both AH's (just like before the patch, what a fucking surprise). It seems the AH is back to it's old self now. Playing Darksiders 2 and I am really liking playing another game now. I'll come back for the expansion.

Dahbomb

Monk is a bit more fun now with Wave of Light, 7SS and Exploding Palm not being completely useless. I am having a blast dropping bells on fools. Still needs more buffs especially to particular useless runes.

Talents

Banned
I've already moved on. Got to plevel 5, got no good drops at all, no legends/sets, even with full swapping MF before each kill. Mainly did Act 2. Noticed the monk hasn't really changed much. Nobody buying any of my shit on both AH's (just like before the patch, what a fucking surprise). It seems the AH is back to it's old self now. Playing Darksiders 2 and I am really liking playing another game now. I'll come back for the expansion.

Same, I'm on PLevel 10 with no legendarys, and only like 1 decent ring drop, pretty much just given up now.

Xanathus

Yeah it looks like the patch didn't end up making a huge impact in getting back players judging from how quickly the AH economy died again. I was contemplating buying some legendaries on the AH but then realized that prices are going to keep falling until the PVP patch.

Celegus

It was doubly exciting at first because there were new and interesting affixes, as well as legendaries actually being useful. It took me a few days to get my first legendary after 1.04 came out, and my luck has actually been steadily increasing since then. I think it's all just that RNG and people getting distracted by other games. D3 has been pretty much the only thing I've played since it came out, and I'm still loving it.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

No longer weekend so people play less.

I'm now Paragon 12 and have had 4 legendaries so far, a Vile Ward on the first day after patch, then a Manticore and a Windforce on the same day. Then today a Hellrack (my DH loves me).

During this time I've also upgraded my initial Windforce via purchase and am now selling my original for 15 mil. :p

Equally my friends have had their fair share of multiples of legendary drops from the most random places (guardian towers in VoA to name one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom