• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

Going sword and board would be too insanely expensive, so I'm thinking my next big improvement to my DPS will be by getting some crit % on my ammy while trying to keep the dex and IAS. I have enough life to not stress about the loss of VIT and I think I can stand to lose the 290 LOH with the recent nerf to inferno. I was trying to maintain 900-1000 LOH but swapping LOH for CRIT % on that ammy would put me at about 710.

Other than that, I'm not too sure where to improve my DPS without getting dual 900 DPS weapons with equivalent stats. That's seems like more of a daunting task to be honest.

Maybe try and get some LOH on my fist weapon first before chaning my ammy out?

Yeah I'm about to do the same. Any general RMAH tips? I haven't used it before.
make sure to check what something is worth that has worse stats than yours as well, when it comes to money some people would rather buy something kind of worse if it sells for 20 bucks less or something.

Also be persistent. That's the big thing here. There are some things I've stuck for certain prices that wouldn't sell. I just keep putting it back up, eventually they sell after a week or so! That's usually for items worth a LOT though. Otherwise drop prices accordingly.

*buries face in hands, sobbing*

$1000?! I just want the game to pay for itself and I'll be happy....

Look, if you're going to quit in a couple of weeks, could you send me your luck? I've gotten exactly ONE legendary since 1.0.4 came out, a crappy ilvl 60 with mediocre stats.

I've gotten better rares than that, sadly they're not selling well either....
I'll just say that of the $1000+ I've made from the RMAH. Only one item sold for a TON of money, literally everything else has been for 20-50 bucks for the most part, the odd thing being 70ish. Also I've really only sold 3 legendaries in the rmah, and not for much (15 bucks here, another 25 there).

Weapon prices have fallen a lot though.

Depends on the stats that go with them. If you search for 700 LOH and SOC or Crit DMG and DEX you'll notice they haven't fallen as much. I got my sword for around 6-10 million and it seems to still be worth as much. My first weapon was cheap though. 1 million for it.

No joke. Can't sell a 930dps 1 hander with a socket for 200k. Marked it down to 100. If you don't hit the absolute best roll on an item it is basically vendor fodder.

See ... that's the thing. DPS alone used to be valuable. I remember when people were running around with blue weapons beacuse the DPS was high. Not anymore. That DPS is a starting point and nothing more. The sweet rolls are where it's at and people are still paying good money for them.

Xanathus

Depends on the stats that go with them. If you search for 700 LOH and SOC or Crit DMG and DEX you'll notice they haven't fallen as much. I got my sword for around 6-10 million and it seems to still be worth as much. My first weapon was cheap though. 1 million for it.

Like he said, top-end items still maintain their value, it's just middle-tier weapons that are now worthless since Blizzard increased the top-end values of the damage rolls for ilvl 61 and 62.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

See ... that's the thing. DPS alone used to be valuable. I remember when people were running around with blue weapons beacuse the DPS was high. Not anymore. That DPS is a starting point and nothing more. The sweet rolls are where it's at and people are still paying good money for them.

My point is that a weapon with 930dps and a socket used to go for a ton. Now it is just vendor food. That is still a good weapon btw. Yes, depending on class and build a lower dps weapon with better rolls can certainly be better. However, it isn't easy to get those rolls on a weapon either. I have never had a weapon with 3 dps stats (or socket) drop that had even remotely good dps.

FWIW my weapon is pretty mediocre aside from its dps (2hand, 1350dps, 1800LoH, 250str) and inferno is incredibly easy.

Like he said, top-end items still maintain their value, it's just middle-tier weapons that are now worthless since Blizzard increased the top-end values of the damage rolls for ilvl 61 and 62.

Keeping my stats and upping DPS to 900 or so would be considered "top endish" I belive. This recent fall in weapon prices will not help me gain anymore DPS.

My point is that a weapon with 930dps and a socket used to go for a ton. Now it is just vendor food. That is still a good weapon btw. Yes, depending on class and build a lower dps weapon with better rolls can certainly be better. However, it isn't easy to get those rolls on a weapon either. I have never had a weapon with 3 dps stats (or socket) drop that had even remotely good dps.

Neither have I :(

KvjCA.png

So final update with this, but it's down to 30 minutes at a 31 million bid.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So, here is my Witch Doctor right now.

Can anyone tell me what to improve on this? I checked out, and this one is capable of killing Act3 elites within a minute or so, but I DO lose the dogs and sometimes even the gargantuan in the process - and certain packs might kill me once as well. 47k+ hp, 650+~ all resists, using a shield.

If you want your pets to tank, why are you using a shield? Block doesn't help pets. If you ditch looking for crit and crit dmg, then things won't be so expensive.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Another one of those advice posts, but I'm wondering if anybody has some suggestions for my Monk. Hit a bit of a wall starting Inferno A3, especially in the keep levels.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Miletius-1828/hero/3315324

Might just be sloppy play though.

Hmmm, your dex seems low, and your skills seem maybe a bit -too- defensive. Here is my gear/skillset for comparison (cold resist, what what!)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kin-1146/hero/2493880

Dahbomb

Another one of those advice posts, but I'm wondering if anybody has some suggestions for my Monk. Hit a bit of a wall starting Inferno A3, especially in the keep levels.

Your Dexterity is really low as is your dps for a 2h. You need pants and chest pieces with sockets so you can up your dex. Need more crit and ias too.

Your gloves in particular have no dex on them.

Your dex is really low. You need to get that up pronto. Doing so will increase your DPS, dodge and armor. If you're having touble with the damage you take, switch to MoE instead of MoC for the time being until you inrease your survivability and then switch back. If you're running with a 2H weapon the DPS should probably be higher on it.

Bascially ... you need to gear more.

Your Dexterity is really low as is your dps for a 2h. You need pants and chest pieces with sockets so you can up your dex. Need more crit and ias too.

Your gloves in particular have no dex on them.

Definitely.

Keikaku

Is there anyone posting here who, like me, has not yet reached Level 60/Inferno?

I got the game at launch, did a quick playthrough of normal with my Witch Doctor and then dropped it due to school. I just got back to it and I'm a level 49 WD now on Act 3 of Nightmare. I haven't had to grind/farm anything yet and I'm having boatloads of fun. Just bought my 3rd tab in the stash so I now have 1 for Blacksmith, 1 for Jewels and 1 for gear/loot.

Having a blast so far :D

Dahbomb

DPS is really relative.

But a two hander should have some beastly stats at least. Mine has 400 STR, 300 Vit, a Socket and 178 crt damage... 936 DPS.
No I meant his overall dps which is like 17k despite having an almost 1k dps 2h. He is lacking in dps and dex stats on the rest of his gear despite having a decent weapon.

And I have a 2h just like your, replace strength with dex.

No I meant his overall dps which is like 17k despite having an almost 1k dps 2h. He is lacking in dps and dex stats on the rest of his gear despite having a decent weapon.

And I have a 2h just like your, replace strength with dex.

Oh yeah, with you now. If that guy wants... there is one similar to mine but with Dex for only a couple mill, just checked AH.

Prezhulio

i nabbed a 945dps, 100 int, 3.0% life steal 1 handed axe for 300k yesterday, was this a bargain or par the course?

i nabbed a 945dps, 100 int, 3.0% life steal 1 handed axe for 300k yesterday, was this a bargain or par the course?

It's a good deal, but lifesteal isn't a stat that people are paying loads for. Unless you're already doing insane DPS, and since that weapon has no Crit chance it's not paired with a DPS stat to bring up the value.

Check the AH for weapons with just LOH. You can find some pretty good ones for cheap. Now add a SOC or CRIT DMG plus the main stat for that same weapon and watch prices soar.

Xanathus

Average price, maybe overpaid a bit nowadays, int can go much higher now on one-handers and life steal isn't worth having on a weapon with that low DPS. I guess life-steal could be useful when combined with a Sever in the off-hand but in that case why would you get a weapon that has int instead of str of dex instead since int-classes can't dual wield.

edit: decided to take a look at the weapons in that DPS range with similar stats, there are a ton listed with 300k buyout which means that you overpaid somewhat. Their actual average selling price would probably be 100 - 150k.

Prezhulio

Average price, maybe overpaid a bit nowadays, int can go much higher now on one-handers and life steal isn't worth having on a weapon with that low DPS. I guess life-steal could be useful when combined with a Sever in the off-hand but in that case why would you get a weapon that has int instead of str of dex instead since int-classes can't dual wield.

edit: decided to take a look at the weapons in that DPS range with similar stats, there are a ton listed with 300k buyout which means that you overpaid somewhat. Their actual average selling price would probably be 100 - 150k.

ah thanks, this is nice advice (playing wd). it was still a 8k dps upgrade for me lol, so i'm not too sour about it.

it sounds like i should be looking for high(er) dps with a crit stat and loh instead of life steal and main stat (i thought i remembered reading life steal was preferrable to loh in inferno for some scaling reason, but i guess not).

Miletius

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't really have too much trouble with my stuff up until now, and all my stuff has been bought on the cheap (I think probably less than 250k for everything). I only have 1.7M gold total, so I guess that means I should start farming A2 for gold and upgrades.

Xanathus

ah thanks, this is nice advice (playing wd). it was still a 8k dps upgrade for me lol, so i'm not too sour about it.

it sounds like i should be looking for high(er) dps with a crit stat and loh instead of life steal and main stat (i thought i remembered reading life steal was preferrable to loh in inferno for some scaling reason, but i guess not).

It's completely opposite, LOH is far better than life-steal unless your DPS is something like 80k+ around which they break even. If you want to increase your WD damage, look for mojos with *at least* 200 minimum and 300 maximum damage. Also add in high int and whatever WD specific affixes you need. Since you can't sort offhands by damage yet, prices there will be completely wild which increases your chances of getting a good deal if you put in the effort of searching.

It depends on your class, your build and how much DPS you do. My monk does 38K DPS. Inferno affects lifesteal so that your only getting 20% of the total DPS.

38000 x .2 = 7600
7600 x .03 = 228 life per second. Even if I increase and dual weild for more lifesteal 7600 x .06 is 456 life per second.

If you have 70K DPS and have AoE attacks, then it makes more sense.

turnbuckle

Paid 5 million for a 1508 DPS, 1000 LOH 2 handed...Mighty Weapon.

I didn't realize the weapon master passive didn't work with mighty weapons. I'm feeling some intense buyer's remorse and now I'm poor.

turnbuckle

Also - how do you link images for what you have equipped / in your inventory? Is it just a printscrn, paint, cut+paste job or is there something cleaner than that?

Xanathus

Paid 5 million for a 1508 DPS, 1000 LOH 2 handed...Mighty Weapon.

I didn't realize the weapon master passive didn't work with mighty weapons. I'm feeling some intense buyer's remorse and now I'm poor.

Uh MW does work with weapon master, it just does something different. Read the skill again.

Rufus

He probably bought and axe or hammer for the 10% crit chance. Well, intended to, anyway. The bonus for mighty weapons is crap, don't even remember what it is...

Not a chance with a 5mil buyout. With a socket and 500LOH, it's around 15mil+
Could have gone with a socket instead of the 50% natural crit damage. Not that I want to make it sound worse, but...

After getting sad about no legendaries since the patch I just got two on the same Belial run.

Feels delightful. Won't ID until session is over though. I'll do those plus the 2.5 packs of 63s.

scy

It's completely opposite, LOH is far better than life-steal unless your DPS is something like 80k+ around which they break even. If you want to increase your WD damage, look for mojos with *at least* 200 minimum and 300 maximum damage. Also add in high int and whatever WD specific affixes you need. Since you can't sort offhands by damage yet, prices there will be completely wild which increases your chances of getting a good deal if you put in the effort of searching.

The break even point varies by skill used. And it's generally a lot lower of a DPS number than that (e.g., as low as 20k for some builds).

That said, WDs did have some good Life on Hit scaling for some of their spells like Rain of Toads.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
After getting sad about no legendaries since the patch I just got two on the same Belial run.

Feels delightful. Won't ID until session is over though. I'll do those plus the 2.5 packs of 63s.

I just got one in a random chest, straight upgrade to my current fist weapon which was the same legendary (slightly more dps and life leech) - but I can sell the same weapon for around 4mil

turnbuckle

Uh MW does work with weapon master, it just does something different. Read the skill again.

Oh, ha, I see now. 3 Fury per hit. I noticed my DPS wasn't changing nor was my attack speed or crit so I just assumed it was a tradeoff I had to live with. 3 Fury per hit isn't all too awesome for a 2 hander with my build. At least, not that I can tell :(

Prezhulio

Inferno affects lifesteal so that your only getting 20% of the total DPS.

38000 x .2 = 7600
7600 x .03 = 228 life per second. Even if I increase and dual weild for more lifesteal 7600 x .06 is 456 life per second.

If you have 70K DPS and have AoE attacks, then it makes more sense.

ugh, so i had that backwards. only 22k dps, so probably not breaking even with my previous waepon i was using that had 540 LOH AND 2.5% life steal. but the 8k dps boosts rolls through most stuff i've encountered halfway through act 3, so it's ok for now.

at least it was only a 300k purchase and not 30 mil or some shit.

Hmmm, your dex seems low, and your skills seem maybe a bit -too- defensive. Here is my gear/skillset for comparison (cold resist, what what!)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kin-1146/hero/2493880

How is that Won Khim Lau weapon? I play a crit Monk myself and there is a thread on the official forums from a guy claiming that that weapon is one of the best kept secrets and if you use a crit Monk with FoT and crit tornados you'll "melt" everything; Since most of the damage comes from the lightning skills and doesn't reflect on your DPS that's why people is not generally interested in that weapon.

So with my current build, would I greatly benefit if I get on with a socket and slap a 70+crit gem on it?

My Monk:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/OmegaMan-1511/hero/1642708

I am trying to increase my DPS even if said weapon doesn't straight out shows it.

turnbuckle

Bought Cain's set for the 30% exp bonus. With 5 NV stacks I'm getting so much EXP doing some runs in ACT 1. I basically run backwards through Leoric's tomb, but I'm gonna try starting from the WP right after the spider cave and see how that works. When I'm done with my runs, I warm to the cemetery and enter the crypts. If you can get the random quest that has that Jar that spawns hundreds of skeletons, you can get over 600k exp in about a minute. :p

Shouta

How is that Won Khim Lau weapon? I play a crit Monk myself and there is a thread on the official forums from a guy claiming that that weapon is one of the best kept secrets and if you use a crit Monk with FoT and crit tornados you'll "melt" everything; Since most of the damage comes from the lightning skills and doesn't reflect on your DPS that's why people is not generally interested in that weapon.

So with my current build, would I greatly benefit if I get on with a socket and slap a 70+crit gem on it?

My Monk:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/OmegaMan-1511/hero/1642708

I am trying to increase my DPS even if said weapon doesn't straight out shows it.

Won Khim is lightning boost right? It should be very good. I use the Maximus at the moment and a fire build on my Monk and it melts through pretty much everything during solo runs. It's a pretty strong build even during group play especially with Essence Burn.

Won Khim is lightning boost right? It should be very good. I use the Maximus at the moment and a fire build on my Monk and it melts through pretty much everything during solo runs. It's a pretty strong build even during group play especially with Essence Burn.

yeah it pretty much buffs all things lightning, heck even a lighting damage second weapon will benefit from it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/won-khim-lau

My DPS go down according to the EHP/DPS/GEAR calculator, however I don't think the lightning benefits are calculated there, since those calculators don't take into consideration what build you're using.

Well, I might "bite" and get me one of these later today and see how it goes.

Nice!! Post pics if good, I love seeing people's swag!

I really didn't get much to be honest, decent Won Khim and an amulet that may go for 6 mil.

Haven't valuated much else yet, not looking good over all. I'll take the 6 mil ;d

Edit: Omega I just put a nice Wom Khim, 150 dex, 60 vit and 919 DPS. Only 4.25 mil, not sure how it's priced though, you'd probably find a better one cheaper if you spent time looking :p

Bought Cain's set for the 30% exp bonus. With 5 NV stacks I'm getting so much EXP doing some runs in ACT 1. I basically run backwards through Leoric's tomb, but I'm gonna try starting from the WP right after the spider cave and see how that works. When I'm done with my runs, I warm to the cemetery and enter the crypts. If you can get the random quest that has that Jar that spawns hundreds of skeletons, you can get over 600k exp in about a minute. :p
I had considered that set as well but then I rethought it as it would likely mean no more Act 3 runs for me and I believe I wouldn't have my full Nat's set on anymore for the Disc regen either.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed for that one in a million Leoric's Signet drop!

I really didn't get much to be honest, decent Won Khim and an amulet that may go for 6 mil.

Haven't valuated much else yet, not looking good over all. I'll take the 6 mil ;d

Edit: Omega I just put a nice Wom Khim, 150 dex, 60 vit and 919 DPS. Only 4.25 mil, not sure how it's priced though, you'd probably find a better one cheaper if you spent time looking :p

I will consider it, but I probably will get one with a socket, your has nice DPS though

turnbuckle

I had considered that set as well but then I rethought it as it would likely mean no more Act 3 runs for me and I believe I wouldn't have my full Nat's set on anymore for the Disc regen either.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed for that one in a million Leoric's Signet drop!

Yeah for me for now I prefer this to act 3. Don't have the gear to do act 3 efficiently or with mf, and the exp per mob isn't big enough to offset exp I get in act 1. If I get to a point where I can plow through act 3 id do that instead but not now, and def not with Cain gear : p. I'll probably farm exp this way until I get to lvl 20 before really moving on. You can oonly get the signets in early difficulties right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom