• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you delete your screenshots? Why won't you appease the GAFfers out there that want to know?

Not sure if lazy or just too addicted to Diablo to take the time to look up things you posted.
lol yeah I delete them. I basically overwrite every time I make a new one. I'm super lazy.

edit: oh it's because I never took a pic lol http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41353427&postcount=1835

I just described it. I probably could have got more than 50 if I stayed persistent but I just wanted to undercut by a lot and get rid of it.

Finally killed Diablo on Inferno last night with 2 of my mates.
S
he was an absolute cakewalk - standard mallet lords were more threatening.

We were thinking of doing a run through of D2 now but when I went to install this morning OS X says no (mountain lion). Guess I'll finally have to install Windows :/

the Demon Hunter really is a poorly thought out class. So little synergy. You're forced to either use smoke screen + preparation or caltrops + gloom'd shadow power + vault. I've seen a lot of builds that will use smoke screen, prep and gloom/vault too. Primary skill wise is anyone using anything other than hungering arrow? (I use evasive fire, but it's close between the two of them). Passives; archery, tactical advantage, steady aim, sharpshooter. Combo of the 3 of them.

Having said that, my build is probably not that widely used.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fhXVTP!YZe!bcZbbc

It's pretty sweet though. (I use dual 1 handers, fuck 2handers.)

I run with my DH friend and after a couple of elite he finds a manticore. Sadly, its bellow 1000 dps, only one socket and no dex, no vit. Still a manticore that buff his dps.

By the end of act 3, just before Amsodan, he loots a 1200 dps i62 xbow, with life on hit, ias, and crit dmg. An upgrade from his Manticore from about 6k dps without SS.

Then on Asmodan, he loots a single hand legendary xbow. (that sucked)

Can't believe the odds... I guess karma will ask for a favor soon.

I run with my DH friend and after a couple of elite he finds a manticore. Sadly, its bellow 1000 dps, only one socket and no dex, no vit. Still a manticore that buff his dps.

By the end of act 3, just before Amsodan, he loots a 1200 dps i62 xbow, with life on hit, ias, and crit dmg. An upgrade from his Manticore from about 6k dps without SS.

Then on Asmodan, he loots a single hand legendary xbow. (that sucked)

Can't believe the odds... I guess karma will ask for a favor soon.

Was at my mate's last night for guys night and one of the guys there gets a sweet amulet - good on him.

15 minutes later he gets a 63 belt with
>150 str
~75 vit
~45 fire res
74 all res
some thorns and life regen

It was the best barb belt I'd ever seen and I wanted to punch him in the face.

Best thing I've had drop so far was an average stormshield which I use on my barb

Tonche

Got this puppy, can't sell the damn thing though. Would've thought it would go great with a source like the one posted on the previous page. Annoying.

Q8YrW.png

ZenaxPure

the Demon Hunter really is a poorly thought out class. So little synergy.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I have every class over level 25ish now and DH has been my least favorite. Pretty much every other class clicked by the time I unlocked the #4 skillslot, but, DH still hasn't. I am still going to get it to 60 eventually to see if anything changes along the way but the lack of synergy among skills does make it such a bore for me. Despite having 6 skills now (granted 1 of those is my cool spider companion) I feel like I am mostly just button mashing. When I killed Belial a few days ago the entire fight was just holding down rapid fire then jumping across the room when he was going to hit me, blehhhh.

On the flip side, man oh man. I spent a few hours playing my Monk today who is around the same level and it is such a blast to play. I'm actually a bit sad I leveled a wizard and witch doctor before monk now. Running into a group of elites with a 3 stack of sweeping wind up then putting up an exploding palm with the damage boost rune then using seven sided strike to kill them in about 3 seconds is some of the funniest stuff I've seen in D3.

Tom Penny

Anyone have any idea how to price this. I can't find anything with that average damage and with 29% magic find. I might just keep it for the magic find.

J3AFa.jpg

Anyone have any idea how to price this. I can't find anything with that average damage and with 29% magic find. I might just keep it for the magic find.

J3AFa.jpg

I'd say the damage is the least important part. That is a very valuable item with the other stats alone. Try and price it based on those.

Tom Penny

I'd say the damage is the least important part. That is a very valuable item with the other stats alone. Try and price it based on those.

I lose around 4000 DPS if it doesn't have that damage stat so I'm sure it's important to someone. That being said it is the least important thing if you wanted to use a decent magic find item.

Tonche

Why can't you sell it? I could use that for my WD!

I'm sure I can sell it, just not for what I want. :)

Have underpriced compared to similar ones (Have buyout at 10m, others are 15-25m) but still nothing.

I think it's probably due to the fact that the stats aren't really what you'd look for usually (e.g. magic find on a weapon).

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Finally got my legendary

YNQ4B.png

Not noticing the knockback at all

My version has ~45%, coupled with bracers putting me near 50%. I'm knocking things all over the place all the time. My attack speed is pretty high but it is really obvious and effective to me. Has saved countless lives, both my own and others'.

Have had several melee people (mainly barbs that seemingly can't compensate like Monks do) slyly complain that I keep pushing away mobs from them though. :p

Jayhawk

Found a pair of Immortal King's Stride (boots) tonight and sold it for 30M within minutes. The only random property was cold resistance and the STR wasn't in the 170-200 range, so I was happy with a quick sale.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
EU AH is pretty funny now from a buyer perspective.

Natalya set items for 100k a piece. Sure. Non legacy Legendaries for sub 1 million, sure too! :)

From a seller perspective it's annoying as hell unless you're really lucky and get a high-end 10+ million item.

Xanathus

Found a pair of Dex Strongarm Bracers, 78 str, 189 Dex, 8% life, 437 armor, 4.5% crit, 3.4% knockback. Thought it was kinda worthless but it turns out Dex versions of it are selling for around 1 million so that's not bad. Glad that I'm still able to get legendaries, but so far all of them have dropped from elite kills so it looks like I shouldn't bother running back to try looking for any that dropped of white mobs.

Radec

EU AH is pretty funny now from a buyer perspective.

Natalya set items for 100k a piece. Sure. Non legacy Legendaries for sub 1 million, sure too! :)

From a seller perspective it's annoying as hell unless you're really lucky and get a high-end 10+ million item.

dafuq? for real?

How's that possible?

Sigmaah

Little bro got an insane roll on a cloak, only bad thing is that it doesn't have Max Disc... Think it still might sell guys?

Only thing similar was going for 25 mill bid only. I dunno if this will sell without max disc :

71 Dex
213 Vit
49 All Res
200 Armor
3 Sockets

Fuck, I think I should just ask him if I can have it and use it myself. I can find other items to get more max disc on lol.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
dafuq? for real?

How's that possible?

I wouldn't call it super common but I've seen several, and bought two myself. All really started post-patch. It's the definition of a virtual market crash if I've ever seen one. I think the improvements they made to the AH searching coupled with the enormous influx of items set it up to fail. Considering the EU playerbase isn't that huge at the moment there's not that much need from newer players for all these items coming from the established grinders. Poor new players also can't afford the huge ass expensive high-end stuff which is few and far between to begin with, which established grinders don't really need either to continue their grinds. :p

On that note, I have a 1050dps Manticore with a socket that refuses to sell even for 1 million.

grr

Found a pair of Dex Strongarm Bracers, 78 str, 189 Dex, 8% life, 437 armor, 4.5% crit, 3.4% knockback. Thought it was kinda worthless but it turns out Dex versions of it are selling for around 1 million so that's not bad. Glad that I'm still able to get legendaries, but so far all of them have dropped from elite kills so it looks like I shouldn't bother running back to try looking for any that dropped of white mobs.

I got my only legendary off a random mob and it was only because I stood around in arcane lasers too long and died that I found it

There really should be some sort of indicator. My paranoia for leaving legendaries behind will only increase once I gear up my barb for WW

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I got my only legendary off a random mob and it was only because I stood around in arcane lasers too long and died that I found it

There really should be some sort of indicator. My paranoia for leaving legendaries behind will only increase once I gear up my barb for WW

Similarly goes for jewel designs, they're all blue and their icons look like Tomes of Secrets. I've only ever noticed I've actually found them when in the process of vendoring things, and I've found the top-end designs a few times now..

tafer

Welp, I'm officially screwed.

My stuff, if sells, goes for some hundred thousand... and the gears I need to keep progressing (without making sacrifices: Main stat + Vit + All res + CritD/CritC/LoH/etc.) are going for 10M+.

And for some random reason, I'm getting a ridiculous amount of troll gears: lvl63 stuff with main stat+vit+all res+something cool with super low rolls or insane rolls on worthless gears.

Welp, I'm officially screwed.

My stuff, if sells, goes for some hundred thousand... and the gears I need to keep progressing (without making sacrifices: Main stat + Vit + All res + CritD/CritC/LoH/etc.) are going for 10M+.

And for some random reason, I'm getting a ridiculous amount of troll gears: lvl63 stuff with main stat+vit+all res+something cool with super low rolls or insane rolls on worthless gears.

Same here then i got a cool roll.
I cant seem to get rid of for under 50k.
But then again im making progress Act 2 on farm mode now. :)

Bought a new main hand for 800k......850dps mace with 930 loh and 140ish strength
Found an amulet and ring upgrade in one run :eek:

My war cry/battle rage/wrath dps can get up to 54000 with 48 crit chance......

I can generate enough crits with tornadoes and WW to keep fury pretty much full all the time when there are enough enemies around :)

Zertez

Got this puppy, can't sell the damn thing though. Would've thought it would go great with a source like the one posted on the previous page. Annoying.

Q8YrW.png

Lack of mana regen is what hurts the knife the most. With the nerf to VQ, giving up any of the 3 slots that have mana regen hurts bad. The rest of the stats are nice, but it is clear whoever comes up with WD loot is clueless about the class.

Xanathus

Damnit I keep finding reduced level requirement items with good stats, it's like the game is telling me to finish getting my other chars to 60. I wish there were more end-game useful legendaries like Leoric's Signet which could be found while you're grinding up to 60, would give players more incentive to level up more characters.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
No way man. Thats a ilvl 63 shield with 25% block chance. Its got the ideal block amount for a rare at a max of 4706 with a block chance thats decent. He can make a lot of money on that one if he can find someone still using a shield these days.

"A lot" is a stretch but yes, it is not worthless.

He would know that if he had just looked up the item on the AH himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom