• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melville

Dropped my first inferno legendary
sMFKu.jpg

G61iu.jpg

It's shit but those two dropped on the same run:

hlWfn.jpg

temH1.jpg

Yeah for me for now I prefer this to act 3. Don't have the gear to do act 3 efficiently or with mf, and the exp per mob isn't big enough to offset exp I get in act 1. If I get to a point where I can plow through act 3 id do that instead but not now, and def not with Cain gear : p. I'll probably farm exp this way until I get to lvl 20 before really moving on. You can oonly get the signets in early difficulties right?
Oh wow, didn't realize it was such a low level item. Hmmm yeah I think that can't even drop in Inferno then? Not the end of the world. I have my Nat's helm socketed with the 2nd best ruby so I'll just rock that and keep on grinding out. Perhaps as the market gets more of the rings, the price will fall a bit.

linsivvi

I was trying to save up gold to buy an Inna's Temperance...

So, in the middle of the run a green item dropped. Level 63 pants. And it was exactly what I needed. My jaw dropped all the way to the floor.

What are the chances? 1 out of a billion?

Now my attack speed is almost at the level of pre-IAS nerf.

V_Arnold

If you want your pets to tank, why are you using a shield? Block doesn't help pets. If you ditch looking for crit and crit dmg, then things won't be so expensive.

I am using a shield for two reasons:
1) It is stacked with defensive abilities, and it also enables the set bonus that gives even more defensive (and some offensive) bonuses - which all benefit the pets as well
2) Even with pets to tank, sometimes mobs do get close, and when they do, between 12-15% dodge and and the shield, it has a visible buff on my own EHP.

Agree with the other half, but it is hard forgetting the big crit numbers.

So like, what the fuck exactly are we looking for stats on rare chest pieces, boots, legs, and shoulders when it comes to big sellers? I can't tell if I have something valuable without asking, which i know gets annoying.

So, in the middle of the run a green item dropped. Level 63 pants. And it was exactly what I needed. My jaw dropped all the way to the floor.

I think it's posts like these that keep me going. People I know are getting lucky and finding the item they want / need. People on here are also getting jack shit, but that's not the point. Given enough time something like this above experience is bound to happen to me right? RIGHT?

Congrats on the pants man!

So like, what the fuck exactly are we looking for stats on rare chest pieces, boots, legs, and shoulders when it comes to big sellers? I can't tell if I have something valuable without asking, which i know gets annoying.

main stat / vit / all res / sockets

if you can get 150 of both a main stat and vit (even if you need the sockets to do it) and it has all resists, it's worth money.

Sometimes those items are still worth big bucks even without the all resists. Monks who stack resists might like pants that are fire resistant with big numbers on the other items. I have a pair of pants that have decent vitality but with two gems give me 250 dex. Glass cannons might not even care about one item with low resists if their main stats can get high enough.

Chests, you want big main stat, vitality, all resist and preferably sockets. Boots you want main stat, vitality, all resist and movement speed. Legs are about the same as chests. Shoulders are about the same as chests except they don't come with sockets and you can get +% life.

I guess you could say you were lookin like a fool with your pants on the ground.

Zing.

Insaniac

man the only things that i sell on the AH are the things with mediocre stats that I price low. the things with good stats that I try to price reasonable don't move at all

ApbgW.jpg

Is this any good for a monk?

If that was LpSS instead of Spirit Regen I would offer you good money for it. Decent DPS with good LOH and native crit with a socket.

Should be worth something though ...

More than 500K ...

600 LOH weapons with native crit and socket are worth money. Just do a search for all 1H weapons with 500 LOH, 60 Crit and a Socket. Set the buyout to 5 million and see what the highest DPS is you see after sorting.

eek5

This is why I am poor.

Getting crit dmg + socket makes up for the lowish DPS. On top of that it has a LoH affix which is great for monks struggling in A2/3 with survivability.

The way the AH is set up right now, you can't really go wrong with pricing though. Just search for 1-2 of the main affixes, then 3, then 4 and use your judgement to price against your "competition". If it doesn't sell just lower your prices

Zeppelin

Besides no primary stats? Yes it is pretty good. Unsure of its value though, pricing weapons is difficult. Maybe 500k?

Edit: 500k tops. I'd try and sell it for like 150k.

If that was LpSS instead of Spirit Regen I would offer you good money for it. Decent DPS with good LOH and native crit with a socket.

Should be worth something though ...

More than 500K ...

600 LOH weapons with native crit and socket are worth money. Just do a search for all 1H weapons with 500 LOH, 60 Crit and a Socket. Set the buyout to 5 million and see what the highest DPS is you see after sorting.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll do some searching and see if I can sell it! :)

Getting crit dmg + socket makes up for the lowish DPS. On top of that it has a LoH affix which is great for monks struggling in A2/3 with survivability.

The way the AH is set up right now, you can't really go wrong with pricing though. Just search for 1-2 of the main affixes, then 3, then 4 and use your judgement to price against your "competition". If it doesn't sell just lower your prices

I don't mess with selling much. When I go to buy stuff, I just pick a stat I want and spam search until a great deal pops up. I keep the price below however much I have (1.5 mil now for example). I haven't found a really good weapon so I am not as good at pricing them. I am a monk and got my current sword for 85k. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Naturalhigh-1102/hero/3405055

Edit: The most I spent on any item was the amulet for 500k.

Any needy players interested in some free loot, I have a tab of random decent to crappy to maybe really good gear that I haven't sold recently, and as I'm quitting for a while, don't want it to turn to mold in my bags. elrechazao1614 for the next 10-15 min, first come first serve, if you won't use it, don't take it honor system.

This is why I am poor.

Either you socket that with an amethyst for more LOH or you socket it with an emrald for more crit dmg.

So that's 850 or so LOH with 60% Crit or 550 LOH with %130 Crit. Pretty solid weapon even without the main stat. The DPS isn't bad either at almost 800.

Any needy players interested in some free loot, I have a tab of random decent to crappy to maybe really good gear that I haven't sold recently, and as I'm quitting for a while, don't want it to turn to mold in my bags. elrechazao1614 for the next 10-15 min, first come first serve, if you won't use it, don't take it honor system.

wow that was fast. please be nice and don't take what you wouldn't really use. honor system bros.

I don't mess with selling much. When I go to buy stuff, I just pick a stat I want and spam search until a great deal pops up. I keep the price below however much I have (1.5 mil now for example). I haven't found a really good weapon so I am not as good at pricing them. I am a monk and got my current sword for 85k. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Naturalhigh-1102/hero/3405055

Edit: The most I spent on any item was the amulet for 500k.

You've done a good job sniping if the most you've spent is 500K. That ammy should be worth a sunstatial amount more than 500K.

If I were you I would get some crit % on your bracers and change the shield out for another weapon with more crit damage. Your DPS should go up pretty nice.

You've done a good job sniping if the most you've spent is 500K. That ammy should be worth a sunstatial amount more than 500K.

If I were you I would get some crit % on your bracers and change the shield out for another weapon with more crit damage. Your DPS should go up pretty nice.

Trust me. I know :p. I am not good with the expensive stuff as I haven't accumulated much money. I just started playing again after the patch.

I have even better items in my stash that I sniped that I just don't feel like selling. I actually just started last night taking the items I'm sniping and instead of worrying about getting EVERY penny it can possibly be worth, just going with a decent price but still cheaper than it should be. I need to establish more gold so I can really start flipping.

I actually like the auction house more than the game lol. As do a lot of people I'm sure.

Edit: Yeah, I've been looking at bracers but haven't sit in AH for them yet. I feel like I need that shield though. What should I go for on the OH weapon you think I need to get more LOH or maybe change my build to make up for the lack of block?

For cyclone build to work how much crit chance should I have?

Trust me. I know :p. I am not good with the expensive stuff as I haven't accumulated much money. I just started playing again after the patch.

I have even better items in my stash that I sniped that I just don't feel like selling. I actually just started last night taking the items I'm sniping and instead of worrying about getting EVERY penny it can possibly be worth, just going with a decent price but still cheaper than it should be. I need to establish more gold so I can really start flipping.

I actually like the auction house more than the game lol. As do a lot of people I'm sure.

Edit: Yeah, I've been looking at bracers but haven't sit in AH for them yet. I feel like I need that shield though. What should I go for on the OH weapon you think I need to get more LOH or maybe change my build to make up for the lack of block?

For cyclone build to work how much crit chance should I have?

The bracers won't be cheap (500K) ... more like 2-3 million for something with all resists and dex and 5-5.5 crit chance. Your crit chance is pretty good too. It's just that without crit DMG, the chance doesn't affect your DPS as much. YOu need to get that crit damage up.

YOu have WAY too much (If that's possible) life for a monk. You can lose that 150 vit on that shield and not notice a thing. The resists might be a loss, but you should be able to get that back on your pants pretty easy.

Check my profile. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

My sword is like yours. You don't need more LOH either. That ammy and sword are enough. Dual weidling will increase your attack speed 15% too. Your sword has LOH and Crit dmg which is nice because that's the expensive one. A comparable fist weapon with dex / vit / socket or crit dmg should be pretty cheap.

EDIT:

Also ... with two weapons you'll build spirit faster. You should consider losing exaulted soul for resolve. Especially since you use sweeping wind. All those monsters that surround you would have a pretty nice damage reductions.

The bracers won't be cheap (500K) ... more like 2-3 million for something with all resists and dex and 5-5.5 crit chance. Your crit chance is pretty good too. It's just that without crit DMG, the chance doesn't affect your DPS as much. YOu need to get that crit damage up.

YOu have WAY too much (If that's possible) life for a monk. You can lose that 150 vit on that shield and not notice a thing. The resists might be a loss, but you should be able to get that back on your pants pretty easy.

Check my profile. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

My sword is like yours. You don't need more LOH either. That ammy and sword are enough. Dual weidling will increase your attack speed 15% too. Your sword has LOH and Crit dmg which is nice because that's the expensive one. A comparable fist weapon with dex / vit / socket or crit dmg should be pretty cheap.

Thanks Fender. I will try that out in a bit. I know my VIT is WAY too high. Lol. This was completely unintentional, it just happened to come with the snipes. The OH needs to be within like 15% DPS of the MH, right? I believe that is what I heard back when the game was still pretty new. If so I already have a weapon with dex/crit damage/925 dps.

I forget which one of you gave me the whole "I'm a barb I know it's only worth 500K" shtick for the ring I posted a bit back. Just sold it for plenty o' plenty in the RMAH. Never question my ways.

Thanks Fender. I will try that out in a bit. I know my VIT is WAY too high. Lol. This was completely unintentional, it just happened to come with the snipes. The OH needs to be within like 15% DPS of the MH, right? I believe that is what I heard back when the game was still pretty new. If so I already have a weapon with dex/crit damage/925 dps.

You'll want them to be comparible. Since each hand alternates, if your OH is really low it negatively affects your DPS. I would look for an OH that has 790+ DPS / 150+ dex / Crit DMG or SOC or both / LpSS.

Those bracers won't be cheap though. 5% crit bracers with all that ALL RES and that amount of DEX are pricey.

You should be able to easily make that up though by sacrificing VIT on some of your armor for some resists. Even if just fire.

You'll want them to be comparible. Since each hand alternates, if your OH is really low it negatively affects your DPS. I would look for an OH that has 790+ DPS / 150+ dex / Crit DMG or SOC or both / LpSS.

Those bracers won't be cheap though. 5% crit bracers with all that ALL RES and that amount of DEX are pricey.

You should be able to easily make that up though by sacrificing VIT on some of your armor for some resists. Even if just fire.

Yeah I got that chest last night for CHEAP CHEAP. I'll look into selling some stuff to see if I can't get me some bracers.

What's the link that shows max rolls for item slots?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Pretty miserable drops all around these past days.

Well I got some really nice ilvl 62 shoulders with decent str, vita, all resist, armor, thorns... and no one bid for them.

At 10k.

Seriously, the AH is weird.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I am using a shield for two reasons:
1) It is stacked with defensive abilities, and it also enables the set bonus that gives even more defensive (and some offensive) bonuses - which all benefit the pets as well
2) Even with pets to tank, sometimes mobs do get close, and when they do, between 12-15% dodge and and the shield, it has a visible buff on my own EHP.

Agree with the other half, but it is hard forgetting the big crit numbers.

I still think you'd be better off with a good mojo. Shields only make sense to me if you're not using pets.

Pretty miserable drops all around these past days.

Well I got some really nice ilvl 62 shoulders with decent str, vita, all resist, armor, thorns... and no one bid for them.

At 10k.

Seriously, the AH is weird.

I have a friend who's a level 23 Paragon Barby....he swears that he will never touch a rare that is i62 and below no matter the stats. All i63 for him. LOL.

Neki

I forget which one of you gave me the whole "I'm a barb I know it's only worth 500K" shtick for the ring I posted a bit back. Just sold it for plenty o' plenty in the RMAH. Never question my ways.

RMAH never makes sense though, you can sell anything on it.

Insaniac

V29MW.png

worth anything? I know lack of crit or socket is meh, but its got primary stats and ias

ahh, i remember the days when a 1000 DPS weapon meant $$$

Price of 1 exquisite essence + price of 1 iridescent tear.

I'm telling you right now someone will buy that for a few hundred thousand. People overrate DPS.

But I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Edit: Also, the IAS on a weapon isn't as glorious as it is on other pieces. Especially since it's overall AS is only 1.3.

Shouta

Man, got my WD to 60 today and on the first run in Inferno with a few folks, I get this

fBKoc.png

Super timely drop and super good to boot.

What item was it, specs and how much did u sell it for?
too lazy to find it but it was posted a buncha pages back. Basically high str and high vit. No crit chance. Bought it for 10 mil. Sold it for 50 bucks. I'll take it.

People need to remember that there are a) people using different builds than you out there and b) noobs playing. I bought it at 10 when the next lowest was 30/40 mil. It was a steal and it proved its worth.

Man, got my WD to 60 today and on the first run in Inferno with a few folks, I get this

fBKoc.png

Super timely drop and super good to boot.

Now I want to grind my WD from 56 to 60!

Nice fucking find. That is why we play the game, guys.

I don't get the "I didn't find anything. I quit" attitude. It was the same way in Diablo 2. You didn't always get what you wanted you just played until you had your character where you wanted. Then you go to the next one.

This game is only going to get better. I guarantee that.

too lazy to find it but it was posted a buncha pages back. Basically high str and high vit. No crit chance. Bought it for 10 mil. Sold it for 50 bucks. I'll take it.

People need to remember that there are a) people using different builds than you out there and b) noobs playing. I bought it at 10 when the next lowest was 30/40 mil. It was a steal and it proved its worth.

Do you delete your screenshots? Why won't you appease the GAFfers out there that want to know?

Not sure if lazy or just too addicted to Diablo to take the time to look up things you posted.

neoism

Bought Cain's set for the 30% exp bonus. With 5 NV stacks I'm getting so much EXP doing some runs in ACT 1. I basically run backwards through Leoric's tomb, but I'm gonna try starting from the WP right after the spider cave and see how that works. When I'm done with my runs, I warm to the cemetery and enter the crypts. If you can get the random quest that has that Jar that spawns hundreds of skeletons, you can get over 600k exp in about a minute. :p

:O

the max guys is 62 lol level 100 in two weeks.

Zeppelin

I don't get the "I didn't find anything. I quit" attitude. It was the same way in Diablo 2. You didn't always get what you wanted you just played until you had your character where you wanted. Then you go to the next one.

This game is only going to get better. I guarantee that.

I think the complaints are fair. It took me 300 hours to find my first set item. And even more than that before I found my first legendary I could actually use on my main. That's just fucked.

The drops are disheartening to be honest. The other day I found 3 Hellion Crossbows. None of them with more than 500 DPS after identifying them. Instead of getting excited when finding something like that you now realize that the range of how that item can turn out after id is so big that it's most likely is gonna suck. And it does.

So how many of you are actually using MF gear? I can't decide if I want to gear up with MF stuff or not.

When grinding Act 1 I am. Can't do Act 3 in MF gear but I prefer that one and I refuse to play Act 2 so most of the time I'm running in my regular gear with one or two pieces from my MF gear. Currently P16 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom