• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonche

Lack of mana regen is what hurts the knife the most. With the nerf to VQ, giving up any of the 3 slots that have mana regen hurts bad. The rest of the stats are nice, but it is clear whoever comes up with WD loot is clueless about the class.

Thanks, clearly so am I, haha.

Celegus

So how many of you are actually using MF gear? I can't decide if I want to gear up with MF stuff or not.

I find way more rares with my MF set on, but all 4 of my legendaries after 1.04 came without any extra MF. It usually just depends if I feel like doing Act 2 or Act 3, since I can't do Act 3 in my MF gear.

DSmalls84

Got this puppy, can't sell the damn thing though. Would've thought it would go great with a source like the one posted on the previous page. Annoying.

Q8YrW.png

I would like to try that weapon out even if it doesn't have mana regen on it. Seems like it would work pretty well for a lot of pet builds since they don't require a ton of mana regen and it has that summon fetish ability.

So how many of you are actually using MF gear? I can't decide if I want to gear up with MF stuff or not.
I only have one set of gear and most of it has MF. One exception though is that I took out the topaz and replaced it with a ruby in my helm for faster paragon leveling.

I have to make it to around level 35 paragaon or so and then I'll be able to start replacing items with ones that are better overall but without the MF as I'll have hit the maximum of 300 base.

Mayyhem

Just found this, the stats are high and I cant find anything too similar on the AH to price it against. Anyone know what it should be worth?

2lPiI.jpg

DSmalls84

Just found this, the stats are high and I cant find anything too similar on the AH to price it against. Anyone know what it should be worth?

2lPiI.jpg

Hard to tell. The stats are really good but the resist are kind of low and it doesn't have movement speed. I would think that would be the main issue since monks want dual resist and almost everyone wants movement speed on their boots.

2lPiI.jpg

The only stat that seperates it from the pack is the VIT. The dex roll on boots is good, but boots can get to 300 so DEX in the 220-230 is pretty common. The ALL RES roll is low too and as was said lacks any movement speed.

As a monk I want a double stack of resists, as a DH I would want movment speed.

I'm guessing not as much as you think, but who knows, someone out there might really be hurting for some vitality.

V_Arnold

To be honest, that boots is simply great.
It is totally the player's fault for not valuing items like that enough.

For example, if there is a shoulder that I cant afford which has 120 dex, 120 vit and 70 all res, and a boot that I cant afford and has 300 dex, 150 vit, 60 all res and 40 fire res, then I am simply better off with a non-perfect 80,80,70 shoulder AND this boot, and still get plenty of great stats from the same two slots.

Perfection is great to aim for, but with that amount of dex and vit, nobody should be afraid to use that boot. Monks have other means to get mobility anyway.

To be honest, that boots is simply great.
It is totally the player's fault for not valuing items like that enough.

For example, if there is a shoulder that I cant afford which has 120 dex, 120 vit and 70 all res, and a boot that I cant afford and has 300 dex, 150 vit, 60 all res and 40 fire res, then I am simply better off with a non-perfect 80,80,70 shoulder AND this boot, and still get plenty of great stats from the same two slots.

Perfection is great to aim for, but with that amount of dex and vit, nobody should be afraid to use that boot. Monks have other means to get mobility anyway.

Well ... like I said, someone out there might be really looking for some VIT.

The scenario you just described though is for someone who doesn't have money. These boots aren't the perfect scenario and as such will be the secondary option for someone piecing together a cheaper yet viable set of gear.

It's not like they won't sell, I just don't think they'll sell for tons of cash / gold

My friend got his 5th legendary in 24h (of day time, not play time)

and 4 of them are worth millions

and I got... a 500 dps, two hand, level 55 legendary sword...

I'm still waiting for my first 1.0.4 legendary. I started a week late, but I am at P6 almost 7 now with quite a few full runs thorugh act III and haven't found anything of value.

hitsugi

The new Wicked Wind build since 1.04 is completely broken. I have horrible gear and can basically stand in any huge pack (in inferno) pressing 123 123 123 while spamming left click and not die. Very rarely an elite pack kills me. I feel kind of bad using it, but it's either this or get 100k+ dps to use other skills effectively.

Estein

Banned
I'm still waiting for my first 1.0.4 legendary. I started a week late, but I am at P6 almost 7 now with quite a few full runs thorugh act III and haven't found anything of value.

I've found 2, Kymbo's Gold which sold for a few hundred thousand, and Logan's Fist or whatever which I vendored. :(

Celegus

The new Wicked Wind build since 1.04 is completely broken. I have horrible gear and can basically stand in any huge pack (in inferno) pressing 123 123 123 while spamming left click and not die. Very rarely an elite pack kills me. I feel kind of bad using it, but it's either this or get 100k+ dps to use other skills effectively.

How does this build work? I still haven't found a playstyle I really like on my wizard, and I think one of my legendary weapons does +crit% on wicked wind.

turnbuckle

I'm just about to lvl 15 paragon and haven't had a lvl 60 legendary drop yet. Haven't had a legendary of any type drop in over a week.

turnbuckle

Sure Kaiden,

I'll be home from work around 6:00PM EST, just send me a msg request:

Brototype#1570

I should be on around that time too. I could hopefully be of some assistance too. Just have to swap from my exp farming gear to something suited more for survival.

Turnbuckle#1273

I tried getting back into D3 yesterday (havent gotten past level 20 yet)...and found out the stuttering issue I've been having since May, when I left, has still not be fixed.

I'm on the latest WQHL Drivers for Nvidia (I have a 560). I can put graphics on low, 720p, and still stutter like crazy (like 1-2 times every 15 seconds). Been having 0 issues with all my other games.

Does anyone know of any fixes?

turnbuckle

I tried getting back into D3 yesterday (havent gotten past level 20 yet)...and found out the stuttering issue I've been having since May, when I left, has still not be fixed.

I'm on the latest WQHL Drivers for Nvidia (I have a 560). I can put graphics on low, 720p, and still stutter like crazy. Been having 0 issues with all my other games.

Does anyone know of any fixes?

I was getting stuttering at first a month ago when I started. I built a new computer and while the game was a lot prettier I was still getting the stuttering issue.

I haven't changed a thing in the past week and a half, but I haven't noticed nearly as much stuttering lately. I'd want to say since the patch, but it might have been a little before that.

And when I say I haven't noticed it nearly as much, I mean it's pretty much nonexistent except for a brief moment when entering a game and maybe sometimes when warping from a waypoint. Even then it's hardly noticeable either.
I guess one thing I did do in that time was install windows to SSD. I know SSD doesn't help Diablo 3 much (if at all) so I'm not sure if me moving the OS to SSD helped or if the timing was a coincidence.

I know SSD doesn't help Diablo 3 much (if at all) so I'm not sure if me moving the OS to SSD helped or if the timing was a coincidence.

It helps a ton. I couldn't play Diablo 3 on one of my laptops because of continual stutter. Was completely ridiculous. Swapped over to an SSD on the same machine and it ran like butter.

There have been stuttering problems in D3 related to hard drives for a while now, they're well discussed and documented... even to the point where people have made workarounds to get the game running from memory sticks instead.

Kenaras

I was getting stuttering at first a month ago when I started. I built a new computer and while the game was a lot prettier I was still getting the stuttering issue.

I haven't changed a thing in the past week and a half, but I haven't noticed nearly as much stuttering lately. I'd want to say since the patch, but it might have been a little before that.

And when I say I haven't noticed it nearly as much, I mean it's pretty much nonexistent except for a brief moment when entering a game and maybe sometimes when warping from a waypoint. Even then it's hardly noticeable either.
I guess one thing I did do in that time was install windows to SSD. I know SSD doesn't help Diablo 3 much (if at all) so I'm not sure if me moving the OS to SSD helped or if the timing was a coincidence.

I was also experiencing severe stuttering, and at times it was so bad as to be unplayable. After trying everything else I could think of, I got a new SSD and did fresh installs of Windows and Diablo 3 to the SSD. I've had zero stuttering since then. In a previous GAF Diablo thread, someone else was experiencing severe stuttering. After trying almost everything (including a fresh Windows + Diablo 3 install), he discovered that his CPU was overheating.

I don't know why so many people have performance issues with Diablo 3 when all their other games work perfectly, but it seems like there's usually some other issue involved - even though that issue affects Diablo 3 and nothing else. For anyone suffering from this, I'd first recommend checking the temperatures of your video card and CPU. If those are fine, try a clean Windows install. As a last resort, try getting an SSD.

Wow. Well...I'll try one complete uninstall and re-download, and see if that helps, since I dont have a SSD and no mem-card big enough for D3. Otherwise I'll just continue to wait and wait.

$60 well spent. sigh

hitsugi

How does this build work? I still haven't found a playstyle I really like on my wizard, and I think one of my legendary weapons does +crit% on wicked wind.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strider-1898/hero/3698536

This is what I'm using. You basically throw a couple of twisters out, then spam 123 123 123 (frost nova, diamond skin, explosive blast) while tossing twisters in when you can. A more advanced version incorporates Archon in between, but I haven't been using that.

Basically, the crit procs reset your abilities so quickly that everything is constantly frozen and being blown up while you have diamond skin up. Get around 30% (or more) crit chance and scoundrel, gather a decent group of mobs, and laugh at how dumb this is.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Which act?

You people saying that are the reason why WW got nerfed in the first place. You need good gear to make it work in act 3 and 4. I can solo act 3 (not farm it), and I can still die stupidly easy if I let my guard down for a second, and that's with 700+ all res, 35k HP 23k dps and 632 LOH. Ranged enemies can be a pain, and many elite affix combinations can be hard to manage. I mean, I can finish it and I can finish act 4 (though the last part with all the Morlu incinerators I just have to skip), but I have good gear (three legendaries, 2 of them costing around 10 mil each, and that's on the EU AH where prices are a lot lower).

I will grant you that's it a bit easier for me with Storm Chaser now than with WW prior to the patch, but part of that is due to twister runes other than WW doing much more damage and people becoming aware that the cold blooded passive is useable (now that the description makes it clear that all damage are increased on frozen/chilled). And of course, I've farmed a lot since 1.0.4 and my wizard is now much stronger than before. Much more DPS, much more armor, much more res, much more HP, LOH vs. no LOH before.

The point is: yes, twister/SC is strong, maybe slightly stronger than WW in 1.0.3, but twister wiz was never and is still not a build where you can get very far without good gear. WW barbs are the same, though it seems they get even stronger by the end. On top of that, inferno is easier in this patch, and there are more and better drops than before, as well as better, cheaper stuff on the AH. And trash mobs will be trash mobs anyway: everybody can kill them fairly easily without risking their lives. Only a couple of them are a pain (for me that used to be fire constructs and wasps in A2, and now it's heralds of pestilence, those fire spitting pterodactyl things in the same area, terror demons and morlu incinerators).

[EDIT] My build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beru-1678/hero/12308663

Celegus

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strider-1898/hero/3698536

This is what I'm using. You basically throw a couple of twisters out, then spam 123 123 123 (frost nova, diamond skin, explosive blast) while tossing twisters in when you can. A more advanced version incorporates Archon in between, but I haven't been using that.

Basically, the crit procs reset your abilities so quickly that everything is constantly frozen and being blown up while you have diamond skin up. Get around 30% (or more) crit chance and scoundrel, gather a decent group of mobs, and laugh at how dumb this is.

Sounds pretty awesome, I'll try that out!

turnbuckle

It helps a ton. I couldn't play Diablo 3 on one of my laptops because of continual stutter. Was completely ridiculous. Swapped over to an SSD on the same machine and it ran like butter.

There have been stuttering problems in D3 related to hard drives for a while now, they're well discussed and documented... even to the point where people have made workarounds to get the game running from memory sticks instead.

Well, I just read from a few places that SSD for Diablo 3 specifically doesn't help much. I don't have my Diablo 3 installed on the SSD and it's been running like butter for the last week and a half. Only thing I have on the SSD is Windows 7.

I don't have my Diablo 3 installed on the SSD and it's been running like butter for the last week and a half. Only thing I have on the SSD is Windows 7.

Well in that case I'd wager it's that the standard windows stuff is no longer getting in the way of Diablo's reads. It's obviously a bug, but it seems to be a bug that they can't get to the bottom of.

Dahbomb

Monks have a lot of tank/defensive options. Stuff like MoC with Hard Target, Deadly Reach with Armor+ rune, Earth ally and 3 defensive passives one with everything, resolve and seize the intitiative. Couple those with 3 defensive abilities like Serenity and BoH, you have good tanking capabilities with the right build.

lordy88

First 1.0.4 legendaries

clipboard027qb29.jpg

clipboard01pel21.jpg

:/

Got that mojo as well, on top of a 600 dps 'the three hundreth spear' as my only two of the patch. This is during the course of killing about 800-1k total elites in 1.0.4.

Meanwhile, my buddy finds three legendaries in the same run over about 40 minutes, including a new SS. The son of a...

Oh, I sold my mojo for about 700k on the AH, so meh, not too bad.

Bags

Neo Member
Lordy, I'm pretty sure that Homunculus is good for a very specific witch doctor build. Make sure you look at similar numbers on cooldown for summon zombie dogs when you go to price it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom