• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought this for 10 mil. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE.

xlDjj.png

So I think I finally reached the plateau of gear that will let me farm Act 3. I can now take a couple hits from white mobs.

I quit early today though since the game lagged me as I ported into the area where I last left off and I got swarmed by a gigantic pack of goat-men, who then proceeded to end up camped on top of the waypoint (while I was still lagging for a bit.) So that cost me 3-4 deaths, and it wasn't worth playing anymore when I died a couple more times and the timer was up to 20+ seconds easily, because of the stupid deaths out of my control due to fail loading.

Brofist

we've already established that the EU AH is some weird shit compared to the NA one :p

I don't use the EU one but it seems to behave more in line with what I would expect when you keep piling items in an AH, with prices bottoming out. I'm surprised items still sell for what they are in the NA one.

Dahbomb

That doesn't even surprise me anymore (the xbow for 10 million). Weapon prices have pretty much crashed, mostly because of 60-62 being actually good and because of Paragon levels people are just focusing on one character so not buying stuff for their alts. Anything that isn't top tier has crashed in prices. I don't kid when I say you could've gotten a similar bow at 1200 DPS at 20 million or less.

That doesn't even surprise me anymore (the xbow for 10 million). Weapon prices have pretty much crashed, mostly because of 60-62 being actually good and because of Paragon levels people are just focusing on one character so not buying stuff for their alts. Anything that isn't top tier has crashed in prices. I don't kid when I say you could've gotten a similar bow at 1200 DPS at 20 million or less.
it surprises me. Finding a crossbow like that without sniping would cost a fuckton more than 10 million.

So what stats are important, exactly, when it comes to selling something on the AH?
depends on the item

Dahbomb

Depends on the item. Anything capable of getting Crit (chance and damage), IAS, All Res are worth a ton if they get those. Of course the main stat + vit if it has it. Offhands require class specific add ons (like +Max disc for DH or +LPSS/Spirit regen for Monk). Items that are able to roll sockets should also have socket(s) to be valuable. LOH is also really valuable. Higher the rolls, higher the prices. Boots should have movement speed, shields should have high block % and amount etc.

Underrated stats are %Life, life regen, resistances aside from All, life steal, + min/mix damage, level requirement decrease (those can go for a ton on the AH if you get an Inferno viable weapon with like -12-13 level requirement), magic/gold find. These are stats that are great when added on top of the really good stats but by themselves they don't move items on the AH.

What would you guys price a 1060dps, 7% atk speed, 500 loh, 104% crit 2 handed sword for?

Prices are all over the place and I don't know

I run with my DH friend and after a couple of elite he finds a manticore. Sadly, its bellow 1000 dps, only one socket and no dex, no vit. Still a manticore that buff his dps.

By the end of act 3, just before Amsodan, he loots a 1200 dps i62 xbow, with life on hit, ias, and crit dmg. An upgrade from his Manticore from about 6k dps without SS.

Then on Asmodan, he loots a single hand legendary xbow. (that sucked)

Can't believe the odds... I guess karma will ask for a favor soon.

So we played again today and he got another legendary out of the blue. the 4th in less than 24 hours.

Gob just before Asmo, he drop another legendary : some two hand mace. Fifth in less than 24h.

Then 2 min later, on Asmo, he drop a Nataly xbow, with 820 dps and perfect roll (freeze, dex, crit, attack speed) 6th lengedary in 24 hours. 3 xbows...

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I don't use the EU one but it seems to behave more in line with what I would expect when you keep piling items in an AH, with prices bottoming out. I'm surprised items still sell for what they are in the NA one.

They won't for long. Previously great items are now vendor trash. If it isn't a perfect roll it probably won't sell at all.

Stripes55

Neo Member
How many times have this game crashed on you guys?

It's crashed on me 3 times....and every single time, it's when I enter the name of a a legendary item in the AH item search.

Oh, that's because Pyro has all the legendaries in his stash, so there's nothing to search against LOL.

Just snipe a Lacuni Prowlers bracers for US$29.99 on the RMAH...with those stats:-

58 int
84 vit
IAS 8%
Crit Chance 4.5%
+ some random stat

Sooooo good.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Which act?

You people saying that are the reason why WW got nerfed in the first place. You need good gear to make it work in act 3 and 4. I can solo act 3 (not farm it), and I can still die stupidly easy if I let my guard down for a second, and that's with 700+ all res, 35k HP 23k dps and 632 LOH. Ranged enemies can be a pain, and many elite affix combinations can be hard to manage. I mean, I can finish it and I can finish act 4 (though the last part with all the Morlu incinerators I just have to skip), but I have good gear (three legendaries, 2 of them costing around 10 mil each, and that's on the EU AH where prices are a lot lower).

I will grant you that's it a bit easier for me with Storm Chaser now than with WW prior to the patch, but part of that is due to twister runes other than WW doing much more damage and people becoming aware that the cold blooded passive is useable (now that the description makes it clear that all damage are increased on frozen/chilled). And of course, I've farmed a lot since 1.0.4 and my wizard is now much stronger than before. Much more DPS, much more armor, much more res, much more HP, LOH vs. no LOH before.

The point is: yes, twister/SC is strong, maybe slightly stronger than WW in 1.0.3, but twister wiz was never and is still not a build where you can get very far without good gear. WW barbs are the same, though it seems they get even stronger by the end. On top of that, inferno is easier in this patch, and there are more and better drops than before, as well as better, cheaper stuff on the AH. And trash mobs will be trash mobs anyway: everybody can kill them fairly easily without risking their lives. Only a couple of them are a pain (for me that used to be fire constructs and wasps in A2, and now it's heralds of pestilence, those fire spitting pterodactyl things in the same area, terror demons and morlu incinerators).

[EDIT] My build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beru-1678/hero/12308663

I've seen a lot of wizards with 80-100k DPS using this build and I can't really figure out why. At that point perma archon makes farming pretty effortless. My biggest concern when farming is quickly picking the most efficient path to take.

ZenaxPure

Thats what I thought

It depends really. You've got better stats than my barbarian but I beat inferno with the gear she is currently wearing. You should be fine to farm just about anything in that gear honestly.

For reference my barb and her gear. I have less resistance and dps than you (but about 10k more hp) and I have no trouble farming act 2/3 in that gear (my act 1 set is about half that DPS/HP but about 250% mf). I do not die in act 1 or 2 and really only die in act 3 to the stupid game stuttering that was "introduced" this patch.

I think my only real suggestion would be to try and find some weapons with better stats and gem slots, and a belt with life steal on it. Life steal is really underrated imo, especially in act 3 where you constantly find groups that have 30+ enemies in them.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I've seen a lot of wizards with 80-100k DPS using this build and I can't really figure out why. At that point perma archon makes farming pretty effortless. My biggest concern when farming is quickly picking the most efficient path to take.

Yeah. If I ever get to that point I'll go full on Archon I think. That's a long way to go though, with my impressive 23k dps :lol.

On another note, farming the near entirety of act 3, filling my stash almost completely in the process, only to have crappy items and semi-crappy items (which amounts to the same on the EU servers) is disappointing :(.

It depends really. You've got better stats than my barbarian but I beat inferno with the gear she is currently wearing. You should be fine to farm just about anything in that gear honestly.

For reference my barb and her gear. I have less resistance and dps than you (but about 10k more hp) and I have no trouble farming act 2/3 in that gear (my act 1 set is about half that DPS/HP but about 250% mf). I do not die in act 1 or 2 and really only die in act 3 to the stupid game stuttering that was "introduced" this patch.

I think my only real suggestion would be to try and find some weapons with better stats and gem slots, and a belt with life steal on it. Life steal is really underrated imo, especially in act 3 where you constantly find groups that have 30+ enemies in them.

I just beat Siegebreaker, was pretty easy

I only have trouble when I mess up my rotation

Getting gear in Hell is expensive as shit now

Just regular shit like 100 str, 100 vit shoulders are like 200k now, or some pants with 50 str, 100 vit and A socket is in the 100k range

I got all my characters to Inferno without spending more than 5k on a piece of gear. Running around with my barb at level 53 with level 25 items and shit :lol

Getting gear in Hell is expensive as shit now

Just regular shit like 100 str, 100 vit shoulders are like 200k now, or some pants with 50 str, 100 vit and A socket is in the 100k range

I got all my characters to Inferno without spending more than 5k on a piece of gear. Running around with my barb at level 53 with level 25 items and shit :lol

I think all of us Inferno players gets plenty of pre-60 rare gears that we just vendor. I can gladly donate those to you if you want. I also have some 700dps or so reduce 8 levels requirement weapon that I can also donate to you if you need it.

Booga#6818

I think all of us Inferno players gets plenty of pre-60 rare gears that we just vendor. I can gladly donate those to you if you want. I also have some 700dps or so reduce 8 levels requirement weapon that I can also donate to you if you need it.

Booga#6818

I'd appreciate that since I'm guilty of doing the exact same thing

Just added you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom