• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention I'll be only online 12 hours from now...LOL

Btw, what class are you? OR to be more specific, what kind of stat are you looking for in those pre-60 gears?

Any decent, res-less barb armour

Just want a bit of strength and vit, most of my slots have like 50 of each

Weapons are cheap as chips now, managed to grab 2 axes with 400ish LoH with sockets for 200k all up. I'm killing things by just sprinting around them lol

Can't wait until I've got 90k dps so inferno feels like this
never gonna happen

Insaniac

whats a good a2 and a3 farming route? i've got a1 down to a science but i'm bored as hell with it and I think my MF gear is good enough to survive a2 no problem

Brofist

At current official gold prices of 1.88, he's asking for 253800000 gold for it. Yeah... no.

While I don't think he'll get anywhere near $135 you can't go by a straight conversion either. I've sold items for $10-20 that wouldn't fetch anywhere near their price in gold on the gold ah.

Updated Battletag list (there was one PM I had sitting in inbox for a week.) Still haven't updated the OP. Yes, I'm bad. No, it's not that important, but it'd still be nice for it to be current.

I'll get around to it...eventually.

IceMarker

Updated Battletag list (there was one PM I had sitting in inbox for a week.) Still haven't updated the OP. Yes, I'm bad. No, it's not that important, but it'd still be nice for it to be current.

I'll get around to it...eventually.
Don't feel bad, I haven't received any PMs for the Battletag list either.

Vicros

Found both of these the last couple runs. Both meh.

p1jLz.jpg

Wish this was a one hander, it'd be great for my wizard.
9TSpC.jpg

I have yet to really win the lottery with an item, but I did sell this amulet for 15 million last night.

ntUCn.jpg

Mystery

jbpZpaZzTkVUa3.jpg

I don't even know how to price this. I just threw it up for like 10 mil opening bid, and 500 million buyout (for shits and giggles).

Neki

jbpZpaZzTkVUa3.jpg

I don't even know how to price this. I just threw it up for like 10 mil opening bid, and 500 million buyout (for shits and giggles).

that's probably worth a lot I think. did you check what 40% MF and GF amulets are going for right now?

I should just sell all the gear on my alts to get better shit for my barb, blizzard is giving no incentive to play more than 1 character right now

LOL

Just saw your ammy on the AH

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I've never played on EU. Is there a disparity between the economies? Or do these types of amulets drop often?
In the EU economy people simply don't buy items for huge amounts of money. Don't know if this is because all the rich kids play in the US region or because Europeans are more sensible when it comes to spending their cash on imaginary pixels. :p

Either way, overall the region has less players than US, less players generating huge amounts of income (and less bots maybe?), while item influx is still on par with the US (it seems). Which all leads to prices crashing since the established players either don't want to spend $$$$$$ or don't need the item upgrades. Coupled with less new/poor players willing/able to spend real life money to upgrade their stuff.

Inflation in the US region is something like 10 times the amount that's in the EU region, both GAH and RMAH wise. I have no visibility on the UK £ RMAH though, nor the Russian, but I imagine those are even worse since they're segragated from the main Euro RMAH.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Does killing stuff faster equal getting drops faster? Yes
RNG determines the amount of legendaries independently, but with a larger pool of drops the chance of one dropping increases of course.

whats a good a2 and a3 farming route? i've got a1 down to a science but i'm bored as hell with it and I think my MF gear is good enough to survive a2 no problem
Here's my Act 3 route.

Paragon
Get a helm and socket the best ruby you can afford for quicker leveling.

Route:
I load up the Kill Azmodan quest which gets you every WP.

1)WP to Rakkis Crossing
- Move forward and check for Underbridge. This dungeon area has a guaranteed champ pack and I often find a goblin in here
-TP to town once done
2)WP to Rakkis Crossing again
- Make your way back along the bridge. Check the bridge store. If you see someone crawling out, there is a champ inside, otherwise it's a vendor.
- Check for a random event along the bridge by a staircase that will spawn another champ pack as you complete the mini-quest.
- TP to town once you reach end of bridge
3)WP to Keep 1
-Clear area
- TP to town once done
4)WP to Keep 1 again
- Take stairs by WP down to Keep 2
- Clear area
- TP to town once done
5)WP to Keep 3
- Clear area
- TP to town
6)WP to Arreat Crater Level 1
- Clear down towards each level
- If you get to a dead end, TP to town, then take WP to the Tower level that comes directly after each Crater. Then go back up the stairs and work your way backwards through Crater areas you haven't done
7)Kill Azmodan

I know some people don't care for the Keeps area perhaps so you can cut that out if it's not working well as there are plenty of elites from Arreat Crater onwards.

One thing I do now that saves time is I'll try to choose the wrong path when going through the craters. Once I hit the dead end, I TP to town and take either of the first level 1 Tower WPs. Head up the stairs and you can then connect the two ends of the crater clearing in reverse. Saves tons of time rather than trying to backtrack.

linsivvi

Just clear everything. With 75% bonus xp you want to kill as many mobs as possible to maximize the xp gain. If there's a particular dungeon you don't like, skip it, but otherwise clear everything. Smaller runs just hurt you in the long run in terms of xp gain and rare yields.

Also, the faster you get to 5x the more xp you gain for killing the same number of enemies. So go straight to the keep level 3. Small level that guarantees you 2-4 packs.

Zeppelin

Is there even a point in slaying bosses? I've never had anything decent drop from them and they don't keep the NV stack going. Can they even drop legendaries?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Is there even a point in slaying bosses? I've never had anything decent drop from them and they don't keep the NV stack going. Can they even drop legendaries?

With 5NV stack you're guaranteed 2 rares. I got my last legendary from Az.

With max MF, I average around 5
shitty
rares per boss.

They DO use Daibos now (I do) but that needed dex instead of strength.

Even with the lack of dex it's probably worth something. The LOH is pretty godly and so is the Crit roll. The addition of another socket is sweet. That's an easy 220 crit dmg from that weapon.

I've still stayed away from 2H weapons because I like hitting faster.

jbpZpaZzTkVUa3.jpg

I'm pretty sure those are perfect MF and GF rolls. That is insanely rare, but I'm not sure how valuable that will be with the paragon system and people getting their MF and GF through paragon levels. Sell it ASAP before people start to realize that and back off such gear.

turnbuckle

I'm pretty sure those are perfect MF and GF rolls. That is insanely rare, but I'm not sure how valuable that will be with the paragon system and people getting their MF and GF through paragon levels. Sell it ASAP before people start to realize that and back off such gear.

Even with Paragon that is an insanely good amulet. the high rolls on both make it so you don't need to look for either stat so much on other gear. Even someone as cheap as me would spend several million gold for an amulet like that, and there are people way more willing to spend gold. I mean, I'm only sitting on about 1.3 million so I couldn't buy it anyways, but he should be able to make some fat cash on it. Especially since it's the weekend and more people will be looking to buy. I'd do something ridiculous like put a 10 million minimum and 100 million buyout. It's crazy what some people will spend sometimes. Better to be persistent and try to make bank on a money item like that than to give up and sell it on the cheap.

Now if only it had a socket or some resist :p

turnbuckle

That amulet is amazing.

When Pyro says it, listen to him.

Also, don't sell it for 10 mil/100 mil. Pyro will buy it and flip it for 999,999,999 gold. :p

Another day for me with no legendaries last night. Can I borrow your luck? What paths/quests are you running? I sometimes wonder if the quest picked somehow affects the RNG. Probably not, but when you go through the drought I've gone through you start to get paranoid and think Blizzard has a hidden agenda against you. :p

Xamdou

This just dropped last night:

StrongArmBracers.jpg

I put it in the auction house and a couple of hours later it's already at 10mil! B/O 50mil :)!

turnbuckle

Hahaha I actually would flip it if the buyout wasn't redonkulously high. Not say it isn't worth tons though.

Don't dodge the second half of my post! I'm going to cry if I don't get anything good to drop on my first 3 day weekend in forever. I'm sure whatever you do it's probably so simple/basic to you that you don't feel it's worth mentioning, but I'll take any suggestions!

Is there some kind of "debuff" where a certain amount of time has to pass when starting a game before legendaries can drop? With 250 MF I've gone up about 12-13 paragon levels just farming act 1 (mostly leoric's manor, sometimes doing the halls/butcher and the highlands area). Most of my runs take about 1 minute, then I restart and do it over again. Getting great EXP, decent gold, lots of rares, but no legendaries.

I know it's probably as simple as the RNG gods spiting me :(
There was a time about 3 weeks ago where I got 3 legendaries within 3 hours while running through ACT 3 of Nightmare with low MF (just doing regular quest progression). Wasted luck lol

---

Fantastic bracers, Xam!

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I know he got permed yesterday. Did he get banned again on his new account or something?

Not that I am aware of. I was referring to his 72 hour ban for advertising an 'exploit' that turned into a perm ban for using an 'exploit'. Then their decision to revert the other perm bans to a 72 hour ban that were due to a more serious issue, in my eyes atleast.

Don't dodge the second half of my post! I'm going to cry if I don't get anything good to drop on my first 3 day weekend in forever. I'm sure whatever you do it's probably so simple/basic to you that you don't feel it's worth mentioning, but I'll take any suggestions!

Is there some kind of "debuff" where a certain amount of time has to pass when starting a game before legendaries can drop? With 250 MF I've gone up about 12-13 paragon levels just farming act 1 (mostly leoric's manor, sometimes doing the halls/butcher and the highlands area). Most of my runs take about 1 minute, then I restart and do it over again. Getting great EXP, decent gold, lots of rares, but no legendaries.

I know it's probably as simple as the RNG gods spiting me :(
There was a time about 3 weeks ago where I got 3 legendaries within 3 hours while running through ACT 3 of Nightmare with low MF (just doing regular quest progression). Wasted luck lol

---

Fantastic bracers, Xam!
I do act 3 95% of the time, and I farm act 2 the other 5% which is basically when I need a small break from act 3. I personally don't do entire act runs. I just start at the "kill azmodan" spawn point. I then go to the arreat field or wherever it is through the exit on the top right, there's always 2-4 elites to kill there. After that I go to to the arreat crater and kill the 2-3 elites that are usually always there then if I'm at 5 I'll go kill Azmodan. Then I'll go to the keep and kill the 5 give or take elites on each floor. That's where I get most of my legendaries btw, the keep and the bridge of korsikk where there are just tons of enemies to mow down quickly. After the keep I do just that, go to the bridge of korsikk and clean up the whole circle area real quick. Another 2 elites give or take plus a ton of trash mobs. Then I go to the tower of the damned and complete the 3 floors there, then the tower of the cursed and clear the bunch there.

I hit up arreat crator level 1 and 2 at the end because I hate those areas as a demon hunter, to much shit popping out of the ground and sometimes the elites can be kind of far from each other, not worth the time. But if I'm not bored at the end I'll visit those. Then start over. Really doesn't take that long if you're able to kill quickly.

But if you strictly just want to kill elites just hit up the keep, towers, core of arreat, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom