• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

Trying this WW Barb shit out and I'm dying like crazy, don't know if I'm not properly geared or don't know how to use the build correctly... LAME.

My Stats
kL1y4.jpg

All Res gets to 900 each when war cry is activated.

My Gear
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sigma-1440/hero/14793132

scy

I just got ANOTHER legendary and it honestly looks like the worst thing I've ever seen:

To be fair, +26% Cold Damage is fairly big.

A shame that it's on a slot that can roll Attack Speed, Crit Chance, and Crit Damage, however, and it managed to score absolutely none of them.

turnbuckle

Trying this WW Barb shit out and I'm dying like crazy, don't know if I'm not properly geared or don't know how to use the build correctly... LAME.

My Stats
kL1y4.jpg

My Gear

I think you really should scratch that idea until you get some better gear. I'm making a mule that will be carrying possible gear for when I finally feel ready to go WW, and if I was using what you're using I'd probably wait longer until some better stuff dropped.

Couple of simple things I could suggest but I'm certainly no expert:

You need a much stronger main hand weapon. The skills that are based on weapon damage, the sprint tornado one in particular, are dependent on main hand damage. I don't want to start my WW barb until I have at least a 900 DPS weapon with a socket and crit damage, but you could get away with less. Just not sure what you have will get you very far in act 2 or 3.

Get better gems. Each point of strength is 1% more damage, at the least you should get the next step up from the flawless square. That'd get you 24 % more weapon damage based on your weapon (I think, I'm not entirely sure the formula).

I'm starting to think that if you can't get more life on hit then you should really try to get a belt that has life steal on it.

Your offhand has some nice life on hit, but the other stats aren't doing much for ya. If you could find something with better stat rolls even if the LOH is a bit lower and has a socket, I think you'd have a lot more success.

You should get more resistance too. But I'd think with what you have right now a big issue is not being able to kill enemies fast enough.

Take everything I say with a gallon of salt since I'm not playing a WW barb yet and only going by some stuff I've read. Good luck man

Dahbomb

Trying this WW Barb shit out and I'm dying like crazy, don't know if I'm not properly geared or don't know how to use the build correctly...
You need more strength and vit. Get some better gems too. Seems like a budget Barb, you should be able to do act 2 easily but will have trouble in act 3. Base resists are low too, with shout you should be having over 1k res easily. Better main hand is essential too.

Radec

^
Dude please stop. You're making us feel more miserable.

lol

My Stats
kL1y4.jpg

My Gear

Check mine:

Not that good too but can easily farm Act 3. Haven't really tried Act 4(Only got to Rakanoth so far) but that's irrelevant. I even have a ruby on my helm lol

Ofcourse I die like 2-3 times / run but that's expected.

Don't face tank anything unless it's just a mob or 2. Go Wrath when packs have Jailer/Arcane/Frozen/Nightmarish

My Stats
kL1y4.jpg

My Gear

i see nothing to wrong with it in all honesty. you should be able to fly through inferno act 1 with that no problem. essentially everything needs to be buffed slightly. your damage is a little low and life on hit a little small, armour seems a little low as welll.....

what passives are you using?

turnbuckle

i see nothing to wrong with it in all honesty. you should be able to fly through inferno act 1 with that no problem. essentially everything needs to be buffed slightly. your damage is a little low and life on hit a little small, armour seems a little low as welll.....

He's using nerves, weaponmaster, and and ruthless

Xanathus

He's trying to do act 3 in it. Waaaaay undergeared for that in terms of Str, Vit, Armor and DPS. Only thing he has that's fine is All Res and Crit Chance, LOH is barely enough.

Shadow780

You need just a tad bit more LoH (put a Star LoH gem on your dagger) and replace those strength gems with vitality, can't spin if you don't have enough health to withstand the attack. Don't worry about DPS and raise your survival first. Bring the Enchantress too.

Those molten and plague ranged elites ARE going to get you, you have to run around and be more patient.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I do act 3 95% of the time, and I farm act 2 the other 5% which is basically when I need a small break from act 3. I personally don't do entire act runs. I just start at the "kill azmodan" spawn point. I then go to the arreat field or wherever it is through the exit on the top right, there's always 2-4 elites to kill there. After that I go to to the arreat crater and kill the 2-3 elites that are usually always there then if I'm at 5 I'll go kill Azmodan. Then I'll go to the keep and kill the 5 give or take elites on each floor. That's where I get most of my legendaries btw, the keep and the bridge of korsikk where there are just tons of enemies to mow down quickly. After the keep I do just that, go to the bridge of korsikk and clean up the whole circle area real quick. Another 2 elites give or take plus a ton of trash mobs. Then I go to the tower of the damned and complete the 3 floors there, then the tower of the cursed and clear the bunch there.

I hit up arreat crator level 1 and 2 at the end because I hate those areas as a demon hunter, to much shit popping out of the ground and sometimes the elites can be kind of far from each other, not worth the time. But if I'm not bored at the end I'll visit those. Then start over. Really doesn't take that long if you're able to kill quickly.

But if you strictly just want to kill elites just hit up the keep, towers, core of arreat, repeat.

Pyro-- You do all your farming with a DH? Do you mind linking your build/gear, I was thinking of attempting to do the same with mine. Much appreciated.

Pyro-- You do all your farming with a DH? Do you mind linking your build/gear, I was thinking of attempting to do the same with mine. Much appreciated.
it's honestly nothing special in my gear. It's funny, I'm super duper rich and can afford much much better gear, but I stick with what enables me to just be able to do things comfortably. I can steamroll act 3 really.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PyroX4-1239/hero/2452618

Things you don't see, the crit chance is actually closer to 43 with the scoundrel, my crit damage is 300 something percent. 319 I think.

I can get the crit damage to 450 ish and the crit chance to 47 ish but I don't know, doesn't seem to make that big a difference to me so I just keep it here and sell off those better items. And yes I do everything with my DH, as it kills elites the fastest and gives me the least trouble 90% of the time. That and it's pretty affordable compared to other stuff.

Good job Pyro, though honestly I'm not too jealous of some of the more recent ones...not a lot of good in there!

Besides the legendaries, have you been finding some decent rares? I find I make more money off those than *most* of the legendaries I've found. It's been a really long time since I found a set piece. Fingers crossed for tonight!

Shadow780

it's honestly nothing special in my gear. It's funny, I'm super duper rich and can afford much much better gear, but I stick with what enables me to just be able to do things comfortably. I can steamroll act 3 really.

Things you don't see, the crit chance is actually closer to 43 with the scoundrel, my crit damage is 300 something percent. 319 I think.

I can get the crit damage to 450 ish and the crit chance to 47 ish but I don't know, doesn't seem to make that big a difference to me so I just keep it here and sell off those better items. And yes I do everything with my DH, as it kills elites the fastest and gives me the least trouble 90% of the time. That and it's pretty affordable compared to other stuff.

How do you stay alive when looking for elites? o_O

Good job Pyro, though honestly I'm not too jealous of some of the more recent ones...not a lot of good in there!

Besides the legendaries, have you been finding some decent rares? I find I make more money off those than *most* of the legendaries I've found. It's been a really long time since I found a set piece. Fingers crossed for tonight!
thanks and yeah I get a lot of good rares, less recently though, but they still come up.

How do you stay alive when looking for elites? o_O
lol I don't know, it's kind of hard to die as a demon hunter considering you stay back most of the time. And don't underestimate my damage. It's explosive, no pun intended. Everything pretty much gets mowed down, nothing really gets near me except things that can teleport or go really really fast and when that happens, that's what smoke screen is for.

Zvolen12

Neo Member

Thanks, atleast I have something to aim for now build/stat wise. However even your 'non-special' gear is expensive for me though, heh!

Radec

Ok what the fuck.

I'm farming act 3 now in tower of the damned and I'm just exploding for no reason.

"Me has been slain."

I'm just fighting a normal mob @ full HP and poof. Dead.

happened twice now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ok what the fuck.

I'm farming act 3 now in tower of the damned and I'm just exploding for no reason.

"Me has been slain."

happened twice now.

AIDS.

Ok what the fuck.

"Me has been slain."

happened twice now.
those guys that creep up from below the floor, forget their names, they can hit you without even being near you lol.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Have tried WW spec in the past...just not that interesting or flexible although I'm sure people are just pro at it.

Been having a lot of fun with 2hand rend spec. Regulars and elites just melt and I don't worry too much about defense. Think my resists are only in the 350 range and I frequently forget to reapply warcry because I just don't notice that big of a difference with it up. 2 handers still pretty cheap compared to 1 handers. Got my 1350dps sword with 1800 LoH for 900k. No fun sockets or crit on it. If you need 600+ resists for WW I'm guessing a 2hand spec would be significantly cheaper.

turnbuckle

Have tried WW spec in the past...just not that interesting or flexible although I'm sure people are just pro at it.

Been having a lot of fun with 2hand rend spec. Regulars and elites just melt and I don't worry too much about defense. Think my resists are only in the 350 range and I frequently forget to reapply warcry because I just don't notice that big of a difference with it up. 2 handers still pretty cheap compared to 1 handers. Got my 1350dps sword with 1800 LoH for 900k. No fun sockets or crit on it. If you need 600+ resists for WW I'm guessing a 2hand spec would be significantly cheaper.

Can you post your build?

ZenaxPure

He's trying to do act 3 in it. Waaaaay undergeared for that in terms of Str, Vit, Armor and DPS. Only thing he has that's fine is All Res and Crit Chance, LOH is barely enough.

I would follow this the most. I'm just going to link my barb again and say that I can farm act 3 with no problems whatsoever and my mainhand weapon has significantly worse dps than yours. More DPS is good, obviously, but really you should be looking at the stats.

It's also worth noting that I had EVEN LESS all resist before this morning when I realized I was wearing my MF chest that had no all resist on it (as opposed to this current one with 63). What you really need is more vit (which will net you more armor as well) and more strength. You could honestly drop a lot of that all resist imo, it's a very overrated stat for WW barb. Of course I'm not saying it's useless, but, I found just raw loh and life steal to be more useful for Act 3 and 4.

These are the stats I had when I did act 3 ghom forward all the way to killing Diablo in act 4, and I died very few times and a lot of that was to damn FPS stuttering.

I will say again lifesteal is undervalued imo, you should looking for a belt that has some since they are cheap and then you should be replacing your rings with stuff that has LoH + other stats you want if you can afford it. The key to playing the spec in act 3 and 4 I found was knowing when to book it out of groups and heal. If you are low on HP in a group of 6+ mobs (which is the norm in act 3/4) you can sprint WW your way out then let them run to you and the life steal + loh will almost always heal you back to full hp before they reach you.

offtopic

Can you post your build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/offtopic-1648/hero/2380748

Between the defensive cooldowns, mobility, tornadoes tearing stuff up and Rend just melting mobs it is pretty fun to play. I can facetank some elites down without 10-20 seconds. Other ones I move in and out with Sprint (or Leap) apply Rend and get out just to dart back in a few seconds later. Bash (Punish) leads to absurd Rend and tornado damage and is a great fury generator. Health regens a massive amount from Rend and LoH from tornadoes ticking away.

Most of the time I just ignore white mobs and let them trail behind me with tornadoes ticking away until I find an elite and then I just burn the whole thing down. The only down side is that there are so many dead mobs in my wake that I have to double back sometimes a significant distance to pick up any interesting drops.

I'm fighting a Phasebeast and Succubus.

Then the first one I think a little spider and a shaman.
Not sure about you, but those phasebeasts(that's the ones that teleport right?) can one shot me if I don't have Gloom up. Or perhaps there's some lag spikes happening?

Xanathus

Ok what the fuck.

"Me has been slain."

happened twice now.

Assuming you're really in a tower map and not that crater stuff with those enemies that shoot out green pools of death, it's probably because succubusi can curse you to take more damage and it is actually a really powerful debuff.

Shadow780

The only down side is that there are so many dead mobs in my wake that I have to double back sometimes a significant distance to pick up any interesting drops.

Do trash mobs drop legendaries? I'm kinda paranoid with WWing that I may have left good stuffs behind without knowing.

BTW how do you stay alive with that much health in Act 3? I've tried similar builds but the attack speed is way too slow to get any decent fury starter or Rend before I got mobbed by elites and whites. Do you run around with tornados for a while before diving in?

offtopic

Do trash mobs drop legendaries? I'm kinda paranoid with WWing that I may have left good stuffs behind without knowing.

BTW how do you stay alive with that much health in Act 3? I've tried similar builds but the attack speed is way too slow to get any decent fury starter or Rend before I got mobbed by elites and whites. Do you run around with tornados for a while before diving in?

Rend ticks away for a ridiculous amount of damage on many mobs and tornadoes tick for times a second. Mobs die very fast and health orbs are pretty much everywhere...almost always within range of a quick leap or sprint.

As for fury, Bash generates fury really fast as well so I can stand there and tank most groups with Rend ticking and returning health to me. For single mobs I'll frequently rend, bash a couple of times and then circle quickly with tornado (kind of like a tight WW circle)which gives me 2000 LoH and ticks away at the mob for 22-25k many times per second with multiple applications on the mob at any given time. Also, I'm getting fury from crits and I crit a lot even without a mace or axe. I can't even imagine the carnage I'd do with a well rolled Skorn. Alas, I have zero luck with drops (as you can see a few of my items might only be worth 50k or so).

Celegus

Yes, almost every one of my legendaries has come from a trash mob. Always check them! Constant vigilance!

Regarding the explosions in the act 3 tower, are you sure you weren't standing beside one of those exploding tower traps?
I was thinking that too, but then he said he was in the tower area and I thought those things that explode(and spawn the big fat guy) are in the Arreat areas.

Shadow780

Rend ticks away for a ridiculous amount of damage on many mobs and tornadoes tick for times a second. Mobs die very fast and health orbs are pretty much everywhere...almost always within range of a quick leap or sprint.

As for fury, Bash generates fury really fast as well so I can stand there and tank most groups with Rend ticking and returning health to me. For single mobs I'll frequently rend, bash a couple of times and then circle quickly with tornado (kind of like a tight WW circle)which gives me 2000 LoH and ticks away at the mob for 22-25k many times per second with multiple applications on the mob at any given time. Also, I'm getting fury from crits and I crit a lot even without a mace or axe. I can't even imagine the carnage I'd do with a well rolled Skorn. Alas, I have zero luck with drops (as you can see a few of my items might only be worth 50k or so).

This is basically what I did, maybe I need more LoHs to be like you.

Yes, almost every one of my legendaries has come from a trash mob. Always check them! Constant vigilance!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

offtopic

This is basically what I did, maybe I need more LoHs to be like you.

I'd just say that Fury is almost never an issue. And even with low AR I usually only die if I'm way overly aggressive (like I want the elite pack dead in 30 seconds instead of taking a few more and easily dispatching it).

White mobs are never an issue...almost all of them die within a couple second of a rend application.

M.D

Installing the game just now although I got it on Monday... had a busy week and I simply couldn't play it.

I reinstalled Windows 7 and got rid of all the junk my PC had for years, and got a new Battlenet account and set up a mobile authenticator...

I can't install the game from the disc since my stupid Samsung disc drive would not work! I've got 12MB which should make it a pretty short download, but the DL speed is all over the place for some reason..

Definity

Got my monk and dh both to pargon 10. 1 set item so far (nats embrace) and 1 shitty pair of gladiator gauntlets. Not sure how much more grind I've got in me but I've enjoyed the hell out of the game even with all the issues.

RivalCore

Got my monk and dh both to pargon 10. 1 set item so far (nats embrace) and 1 shitty pair of gladiator gauntlets. Not sure how much more grind I've got in me but I've enjoyed the hell out of the game even with all the issues.

I'm starting to get really burned out now. Just about to hit Paragon 14 and still only 1 Legendary.

Why Blizz, why!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom